Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

1st Gold ring w Toms LTD SE

Posted by Aaron 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
1st Gold ring w Toms LTD SE
March 27, 2011 03:21AM
I cant believe the past week I've had with this machine...if only I had MORE TIME!!!

[www.findmall.com]
Re: 1st Gold ring w Toms LTD SE
March 27, 2011 03:37AM
Congrats on the ring!!! As per Tom's standard contractual agreement on finds stemming from validated machines, seems you owe him 35% of melt on that baby smiling smiley
March 27, 2011 03:40AM
Yaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!! I thought it was 40%smiling smiley
March 27, 2011 03:52AM
No, no, no. You guys got it backwards...his agreement was for HIM to pay 35% to the guy who buys his first validated unit...just to get the ball rollin you see! : )
Seemed pretty fair to me. LOL!
Thanks!
March 27, 2011 04:33AM
Congrats Aaron and I hope that you find many, many more.
March 27, 2011 05:12AM
It seems to have anything Tom has had his hands on is great gift...I am sure you have a super tuned hunting machine and by the looks of your finds you must be as high as a kite....have fun, the price you paid is worth it and then some.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 27, 2011 05:48AM
Excellent finds! That red "button" looks like part of an old sign whereas they'd use glass marbles, or pieces like yours for the reflector.

The "375" part of your ring may stand for 9K which would make it English as to the best of my knowledge they're the only ones that have a 9K gold standard. I found a white gold ring that is also marked 375, when I first found it I thought it was a silver ring as it's not stamped very well at after unearthing it I thought it was stamped 925 smiling smiley

I'm sure Tom would know, but I wonder if it's possible to "tune" up a F75 SE/LTD, or if they have no adjustment?

It looks like that F75 is going to serve you well.

HH,
Brian
March 27, 2011 06:12AM
Way to go on the finds Aaron, a few more and that LTDs paid for itself.
HH
Nice ring find Aaron!!
March 27, 2011 08:43AM
After a little research on the hallmarks on your ring and I came up with the following info. SH is for the Samuel Hope Co., 9 375 is for 9 Kt as someone else noted, the anchor is for the Birmingham UK assay office and the letter C is the date letter which appears to be from 1851.

Congrats

Tom Z
March 27, 2011 10:53AM
Ndigger, Terra @ River John- Thank you very much... I hope too!!

Lawrenzo- Thanks alot! Yes..your right this is like a gift...more like a dream..still waiting to wake up! This couldnt have come at a better time...just finished goin through a 1yr divorce battle w/2 little ones...finding history has a way of lifting the spirits! Glad to hear your doing well...keep eating more real foods beat that Cancer!

Brian- Funny you should say it came from a sign..when I showed it to my parents my mom was sayng it was a button...my father kept saying "thats some find of reflector off a bicycle!!"...and now that you mention it...I seemed to recall watching American Pickers and they bought a STOP sign, the letters had big "gaudy" jewels just like this pressed in. This dude was down there 8" and was bouncing pennie/dime, sounding good. Good call! I had a feeling it was10k, judging by the color. Not sure what Tom did to this thing..all I know is its "anomalie" free and it runns PERRRRFECT!!!...contrary to my last ("camo") LTD.

godigit1- Yes..I hope too...maybe even find that elusive gold coin Ive been hunting for, for the past 25yrs!!!

Tom Z- WOW! Man...I would have never thought I would have found any ring let alone a gold ring that OLD! Thats incredible! Thanks for the resarch!

It seems a apology is in order for a comment I made to Tom in his recent thread: Do you realize?
[www.dankowskidetectors.com]
I was bitter towards FTP regarding the problems I had with my old LTD...even after I sent it back to them. I harbor no resentment and truly believe that the problems with my machine were due to some kind of "anomalies" that they were not able to diagnose. And hey..guess what? Its worked out for the best and I'm better for it!!!

Next time Tom offers up another machine...you guys better jump on it, SNOOZE YOU LOSE!!!

HH! Aaron

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2011 10:53AM by Aaron.
March 27, 2011 12:31PM
Aaron ,
CONGRATS !!.....You're getting some REALLY NICE FINDS >.........You can appreciate my Pull Tab story a little more now huh ? ...... Those rings sound EXACTLY like Pull Tabs !!.......Again, GREAT FINDS !!.....Jim
March 27, 2011 12:54PM
Jim...

I was thinking of your story before every tab that was dug...the "FORCE" definately was with me....

Thanks again!
March 27, 2011 03:00PM
Cal_cobra
I'm sure Tom would know, but I wonder if it's possible to "tune" up a F75 SE/LTD, or if they have no adjustment?

I believe all F-series, including the LTD/SE, are nonadjustable.
March 27, 2011 05:12PM
Nice dogs Aaron, what type of settings were you running...
March 27, 2011 05:13PM
Aaron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jim...
>
> I was thinking of your story before every tab that
> was dug...the "FORCE" definately was with me....
>
> Thanks again!

that was really 'WORTH' the effort to have tom tune the (l.t.d)
he tuned it to find "gold"..allllright!..just sayin!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
March 29, 2011 12:36AM
Aaron,

Be VERY careful with that gold ring. It has fairly major significance to it. Jackpine (Tom Z) is correct. It is Birmingham, England and is 9Kt. The ring is NOT broken. This is the 'sizing' solder joint........of which has deteroriated. I would leave the ring 'as is'...........and study those hallmarks. The value of the gold is nearly nothing. The HISTORICAL value is significant! You may have just paid for the detector. . . . and then some. Can you see any light scratchings in the ring........on the opposite side of the hallmarks? Like a name????? You may need a powerful loop.
March 29, 2011 01:11AM
Tom,

There is nothing else engraved in the ring other than what is pictured.

Thanks!
March 29, 2011 06:29PM
Understand. Let us know if you do any research on that ring......and find out any additional information.
March 29, 2011 10:54PM
Congratulations, Aaron! I haven't found any gold yet, but I keep lookin. Sounds like you are having a lot of success and fun with that F75! Keep diggin....
March 30, 2011 03:55AM
Thanks alot Kevin!
Yes..this is a great machine, if you dont have one try to get one!

Jackpine- Yes..your correct the "C" is the letter date, however upon careful examination of a hallmark chart Tom sent me (and with a hi-power glass) the "C" on this ring was actually stamped in 1800. That makes this ring the oldest and probably the most valuble thing I've found!

Thanks for the help guys!
Aaron