Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Old gold necklace?

Posted by Aaron 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Old gold necklace?
April 30, 2011 03:56AM
Re: Old gold necklace?
April 30, 2011 02:18PM
True gold can not be 'hurt'. Try Lime-Away for cleaning..........and you may find out if it is a material OTHER than gold! (( And true gold hardly comes up out of the ground 'tarnished' )).
April 30, 2011 02:22PM
Only your jeweler can tell you for sure...Have seen gold dull a tad depending on conditions but like the other feel it not gold.

Might add old Russian gold items are not marked and they have a strong copper look unlike our gold so might get it checked out...
April 30, 2011 02:46PM
I agree...however by its weight it sure feels and reads like gold....
Probably end up being brass.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2011 03:52PM by Aaron.
April 30, 2011 07:55PM
Dan-Pa. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Only your jeweler can tell you for sure...Have
> seen gold dull a tad depending on conditions but
> like the other feel it not gold.
>
> Might add old Russian gold items are not marked
> and they have a strong copper look unlike our gold
> so might get it checked out...

I live in russia most of time and in russia we have three purest thing. Its Vodka, silver and cold.
April 30, 2011 09:01PM
The reason for my post was from personal experience..While hunting the N.J. shore one fellow found a ring that looked like a copper junker with faker stones...WRONG...turn of the century Russian with real stones worth big bucks. So if not sure get checked...
As far as experience across the waters spent my military time in Germany where beer was beer(nuff said)...and in U.S. we drink colored water.....in comparison...