Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Choosing Anfibio

Posted by mrb1268 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Choosing Anfibio
December 02, 2018 03:31AM
Which one for gold jewelry..?.. selectable freq. or not?....
....if not the "multi" which freq. would you choose and why?...
Thanks ......Michael
Re: Choosing Anfibio
December 02, 2018 04:05AM
The higher the frequency.... the more resonant/tuned/sensitive to gold.
December 02, 2018 04:20AM
I'm no expert on these machines but I would have to go with the Multi just for the versatility.

The 19 is a specialty detector designed specifically for finding gold. At 19 kHz, it would also be a good coin/relic machine for working iron infested sites.

The Multi with a choice of 5, 14 and 20 kHz will find gold and work around iron equally as well, but also have the advantages of the two lower frequencies. It's like three detectors in one.

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2018 11:21PM by Badger in NH.
December 02, 2018 04:38AM
NO doubt about it, I'd go for the multi, there's times it's nice to have the option to choose the different frequencies.
December 02, 2018 06:34PM
Thanks to all for the input....it will be the 19 or multi.
December 02, 2018 06:44PM
Yes but when they say Multi it's the choice of 3 Different Frequencies not 3 simultaneously correct?
The name is kinda misleading.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2018 06:46PM by Harold,ILL..
December 02, 2018 07:23PM
Correct
Matt
December 02, 2018 09:16PM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes but when they say Multi it's the choice of 3 D
> ifferent Frequencies not 3 simultaneously correct?
> The name is kinda misleading.

Correct
December 03, 2018 08:38AM
you might be better served with the "x5 by troy" if you can find one! ..it's 19khz,and good for gold ,AND coins and jewelry
one thing is certain,the build quality on the troy will be excellent,as it's a "los banos fisher" product.made here.who can say to a certainty if the other one is a tight detector,or not?

(h.h.!)
j.t.
December 03, 2018 11:13AM
Try an Anfibio Multi and you would sell the Troy X5. I had the X5 and have been using the Anfibo Multi (pre-production). Coupled with the 7" concentric coil, it works for me.

jmaryt Wrote:
> you might be better served with the "x5 by troy" i
> f you can find one! ..it's 19khz,and good for gold
> ,AND coins and jewelry
> one thing is certain,the build quality on the tro
> y will be excellent,as it's a "los banos fisher" p
> roduct.made here.who can say to a certainty if the
> other one is a tight detector,or not?
>
> (h.h.!)
> j.t.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
December 03, 2018 11:51AM
I heard the Troy detectors love iron....any truth to that Jmaryt?
December 03, 2018 12:00PM
December 03, 2018 05:45PM
Ask Ole' Keith Southern as He is a Big fan of the Troy X5.
December 04, 2018 02:21AM
I believe the Anfibio 19 platform is geared for more Relic and Gold nugger so if your after gold Je. then it ought to do well..

Im pretty sure the Filtering of the A19 is slightly less than the other Anfibios so can be noisier.but still workable and can make it slightly more productive once audio traits are learned..you have to have some extreme bleeding of filters at times to find the goodies intermingled or in bad soil like where natural gold resides.

The Beauty of the A19 is you can detune it slightly in three tone. to control some spark!

The A19 is more of a specialized focused aim unit in terms of its more aggressive like a Nokta Relic..Can be Over-driven and become unintelligent..Deep mode is very good at punch but does not exhibit lag like Boost on a F75/T2 with boost.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
December 04, 2018 03:17AM
calabash digger Wrote:
> I heard the Troy detectors love iron....any truth
> to that Jmaryt?

hi ol' cal!
my troy 2 was a"tesoro" never owned the "fisher product"
troy 2 eliminated iron,no problem,again,it was a "tesoro" product.i mention the "5" because of the "build quality"(fisher) ,and the fact it is also a 19 khz detector,however,it was not a multi-freak.

(h.h.!)
j.t.
December 04, 2018 04:51AM
Troy x2 was a Tesoro Silver Sabre Umax with the addition of a hot 7" Troy coil and coin check button. The coil was interchangeable with Tesoro models also using 5 pins. The Troy X3 and X5 were made by Troy and Los Banos Fisher.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2018 04:54AM by Arkansas.
December 04, 2018 05:10AM
Arkansas Wrote:
> Troy x2 was a Tesoro Silver Sabre Umax with the ad
> dition of a hot 7" Troy coil and coin check button
> . The coil was interchangeable with Tesoro models
> also using 5 pins. The Troy X3 and X5 were made by
> Troy and Los Banos Fisher.

this is correct! actually it was a 'silver saber"just different cosmetically,along with the coin check button,and as mentioned the 7" concentric "troy" coil...i liked my duece!...the coin check button worked!..talk about history repeating itself!..the present day "mojave" IS basically,a silver saber,with a ground high,low toggle,and a 7" concentric coil,or a troy duece,without the 'coin check" button.
December 04, 2018 08:15PM
Why not an Equinox ? i am sure its hotter on gold than the Anfibio
December 05, 2018 12:15PM
Troy X5 was a poor jewelry hunter. Hit the bigger targets OK but the limited iron resolution range at the ferrous/non-ferrous break point made it impossible to pick up the low conductors in any kind of iron situation. A fact very few wanted to admit or talk about.

JMHO
December 05, 2018 12:25PM
Some seem try to resurrect the Troy X-5 detector.

Keyword here being resurrect.

A good detector shouldn’t need resurrecting. Evidently it has flaws, the why it all but dissapeared from the public scene on forums.
Sure there will be defenders. Oh well.

In its day maybe it was good. But something else seems stole its show.
December 05, 2018 12:58PM
Troy's X5 was a good machine.

It did have three issues though that didn't help it.

1. Was the price. Paying $1,000 for a metal detector is still tough for some to swallow...and back then it was even worse. ESPECIALLY since it was a non metered, no tone ID machine. Just a simple beep and dig machine. It was priced higher than any of its competition. Its direct competition was the Tesoro Tejon and the average person looked at it simply like this....I could buy two Tejons for what one X5 costs.

2. Early versions did have a love for iron. Wrap around was bad on it. Troy did add a modification to it to help with it, but by then the reputation for loving iron had already been set in cement.

3. People were flat out against it. If you think the forum people are rough on the Equinox...you shoulda been around for the Troy stuff. Lord have mercy. I'm dead serious...long time friendships were lost and severed over it. People were banned on forums from even mentioning it or Troy's name. It was bad.