Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tesoro , Anfibio,Equinox, mapping relic sites..

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tesoro , Anfibio,Equinox, mapping relic sites..
December 06, 2018 02:06AM
How do you find a old homesite? How do you find the structures on it? How important is it to know the iron content under your feet? What is the best way to know this? Tesoro compared to Equinox and Anfibio.....this is from a relic hunters view point...IRON CONTENT!!! BTW I have one more video coming up with these three detectors on a piece of gold. That will be my last Tesoro video for awhile because I think it says it all...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2018 02:20AM by calabash digger.
Re: Tesoro , Anfibio,Equinox, mapping relic sites..
December 06, 2018 02:40AM
Well,
Some good info. Can also be applied for coin hunting.

Something not mentioned in video and folks will indeed find this time saving maybe or up their odds as far as which areas to NOT spend much time in.

A little story, happened just last week.
Took Anfibio with 7” concentric and EQX 800 with stock coil to an old house site.
Deer hunters obviously had junked it up ove the years.

Put the EQX in there for a little while and dug an old wheathead penny. More detecting in front of house yielded no more coins with EQX and stock coil.
Put the Anfibio with 7” concentric in site.
Hunted a while found one more whesrhead penny.

What I noticed though with Anfibio, just based on the overload given in the areas of front yard, it definitley showed me based on area with NO overload (few areas btw) where the EQX struck the coin.
So what I am saying is I likely could have saved myself some time had I put the Anfibio in the yard first. (I can’t dig all the cans and bigger iron and remove per landowner).
The Anfibio was actually a better bird dog for the areas I should have avoided.

Now, how about the Deus?
It has a very nice disc circuit, where I could indeed run 3 adjacent programs with varying disc, hence I should be able tell how big the iron and nails are by checking with different disc levels. I will also be hearing the iron wrap signals on the bigger iron. Again areas with bigger iron wrap signals I shouldn’t be wasting much time around.

Time management is a big deal when it comes to detecting in my book.
I have harped about this before here.
More modern detectors imo allow a person to save time. Every second counts, they add up to minutes and eventually hours.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2018 02:47AM by tnsharpshooter.
December 06, 2018 02:44AM
Good point on the NOT....
December 06, 2018 03:05AM
Wtf don’t you understand about using a Tesoro to find iron infested sites in that you don’t set the disc knob to knock out nails BEFORE finding the site??

Is it that f’ing Hard to understand that you leave it on zero disc UNTIL you find the iron concentration??

Works just as good as a damn amphibio or Deus or multi kruzer or gmp, vgg, f19 and a billion other top lvl relic units.

And like a few others mentioned in one of your other slam threads on the tejon. An experienced Tesoro user knows exactly where the iron is within a site and when to slow down or where the iron concentration lets off/etc because of the snap crackle pop of the iron under the coil (or lack thereof when he steps outside the bounds of iron). Just because you don’t hear the iron as a “tone” doesn’t mean that you’re not hearing it thru the snap crackle pop clicks and ticks as you swing.

I ALMOST feel sorry for the idiots that follow you/your crap and swallow it as Almighty gospel. They’re being misled like the dumbazz sheep they are and deprived of knowledge they’ll never gain in/by doing so. Same as with your twin brother on here = you know,,, the clown that sounds like Droopy the Warner Bros cartoon dog in HIS videos?
December 06, 2018 03:17AM
MRH,
You should listen to yourself sometime. Lol

You don’t like my videos, don’t watch,
A rocket science degree not needed to figure that out. Lol

You are always the one to SAVE everyone on this forum.
Like the rest here can’t think for themselves.

I am so glad you don’t do my thinking for me. LOL

SOS from you MRH.
Actually they should be synonyms in the dictionary.

Why are you watching my videos for anyways?
I’m just a da according to you, so why?
Nothing to learn by watching right??

I have actually gotten some good feedback on my videos.
In more ways than one.
Can’t satisfy all all the time.
And I never will.
More videos coming soon to a theatre near you. Lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2018 03:37AM by tnsharpshooter.
December 06, 2018 03:30AM
Ole MRH thinks he knows something about finding and hunting relic sites.....cause hes read a 100 books on the subject. I never said you set the disc knob to knock out the nails before you get to the sight. I said the problem is figuring out where the iron is, I would like to see you run that Tesoro with no disc in one of my sites... oh yeah you could thumb the disc knob over a few hundred nails and try to figure the iron content out if that's your kinda thing.. If you were half as smart as you think you are you would be a relic genius..Lets explore the snap crackle pop of the iron …….heres some crackle pop for you...crackle pop TESORO ALSO CRACKLES AND POPS ON SOME NON FERROUS TARGETS CHALLENGED BY IRON...There is no telling how many finds you have left in the ground....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2018 03:33AM by calabash digger.
December 06, 2018 03:43AM
Ridiculous video. Sorry.

Yes 2 tone or tones is nice but a Tejon can find and hunt that stuff just as easy. And no falsing. Yes a 2 tone Tejon would have been great but it still works the way it is.

I will be doing more relic hunting with my modded Lobo ST than with my Equinox 800. Not going to get an Anfibio. To expensive and it can't get the gold like the Equinox in the water. Looking forward to the multi frequency one.

Rick
December 06, 2018 03:55AM
Yeah I hear ya.... click pop click pop ….. doesnt just equal iron. It also equals challenged targets sometimes and there is no way to tell the difference other than to dig it..... that's not rocket science my friend. Whats funny is on the targets I saw doing this the multi tone machines would tone on it along with the iron... The Tesoro audio was indistinguishable from a nail... Your saying that a Tesoro Tejon can tell the iron content of the ground as well as, and just as easily as a multi tone detector.. Anfibio , Equinox and Deus.....That's almost comical... All the Tesoro users that have run to the VGG unit BECAUSE it has a iron tone...IF THAT WERE TRUE THEY WOULDNT BE GOING OUT OF BUSINESS... Southern said the VVG was the best detector he ever saw for iron and its what a Tejon could have been (iron tone) ...apparently he thought it was lacking because it didnt have a iron tone...hmmm local expert said that. Wonder why he said that if the Tejon could tell the iron content so well with one tone?

Maybe he stop by and answer that for us..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2018 04:03AM by calabash digger.
December 06, 2018 04:25AM
This a part of a quote from Daniel on my other thread..I asked did you dig a lot of iron...…….Yep. That was the trouble with them here...once you figured out that good non ferrous targets would do that pop/snap stuff if set to reject a nail...then it was a crap shoot in just digging everything that made a noise. Some times it was non ferrous. Some times it was iron. There was no way to tell other than dig a bunch of holes. Most people just dug the actual beep signals that repeated...and thus they got the shallow or big stuff. But they did leave a lot behind and for that I'm thankful.
December 06, 2018 11:07AM
"That will be my last Tesoro video for awhile "

We can only hope.

Let's see what your next target is. Maybe you can spend an hour with another brand then make videos showing the world what an "expert" you are.

Can hardly wait. (That's a lie).
December 06, 2018 12:08PM
Go out and chase those click pop signals all day and let me know how that works out for ya! cool smiley Going hunting today after I tie the Tejon to a tree out back and let it die....
December 06, 2018 12:48PM
Here's a thought, since your going out hunting today why don't you take and learn how to use the Tejon since your such a serious relic hunter.
December 06, 2018 12:52PM
You all know that calabash digger is using reverse psychology, he actually loves Tesoro detectors but puts them down because he doesn't want others using them and cleaning out his sites.
December 06, 2018 02:26PM
I actually forced myself to watch the video. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The Tejon hit those deep targets pretty well. As for the dime masked by those nails, I would have just listened to what it was telling me, not go to the second disc. If I heard the distinctive smooth tone of a coin I would have dug. But that's just me and my hundreds (or maybe thousands) of hours with a Tesoro. I suppose I wouldn't know that if I used it for an hour or two and gave up on it.
December 06, 2018 03:06PM
Maybe next Ole' Cal can get His hands on a Hot CZ-3D? At least it has 4 Tone I.D. and I know can hit them deepies with the proper high tone. Be more of a fair fight then. Too one sided comparing a single tone to a multi tone. And believe Me that first tone will let You know iron is around.
How bout it Ole' Cal? Any them buddies of yours have a CZ-3D? I am almost tempted to send You mine, But not quite. Ha!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2018 03:08PM by Harold,ILL..
December 06, 2018 04:04PM
I hear an echo in here... Give it up CD
December 06, 2018 04:21PM
I'm thankful that I started out using a Tesoro Compadre; it has thought me a lot. As of now, after using many different brands of detectors, I haven't found one that has a better discriminator than Tesoro detectors have. They're hard to beat when it comes to separating ferrous and non-ferrous targets especially when paired with a concentric search coil. As I'm getting older and grunting more getting up and down to dig targets, I'm getting more and more into 'cherry picking'. Didn't Tesoro sell a two-tone detector with iron audio over-seas? I just remember that you couldn't buy them here in the states.

tabman
December 06, 2018 04:49PM
Determining the square root of a number with pen and paper requires skill/intelligence--and the trained monkey can push the little button with the funny little check mark on a calculator. Both arrive at the same solution,BUT which would you rather be,the skilled/intelligent detectorist or the button pusher??
December 06, 2018 05:17PM
Ok now, everybody cool down. No need to get so upset. Yes Cal knocked the Tesoro. It probably takes time to hear the nuances of that machine and I'm sure it's a good un just like my old Compass Coin Magnum is/was. Maybe show us a video of how good it is so we can learn something about it rather than retorting with he harsh language. Let's learn from one another and not be so quick to jump down each others throats. Peace brothers.
December 06, 2018 05:19PM
doc holiday Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Determining the square root of a number with pen a
> nd paper requires skill/intelligence--and the trai
> ned monkey can push the little button with the fun
> ny little check mark on a calculator. Both arrive
> at the same solution,BUT which would you rather be
> ,the skilled/intelligent detectorist or the button
> pusher??

Now THAT IS a tough question!!!!!! grinning smiley
December 06, 2018 05:49PM
Calabash, some years back I went on an invite relic hunt with 4 other guys to a Union campsite. I at that time was swinging the G2 and as I recall one fellow had an MXT, one had the F75, one with a new minelab and one ole dude with a Vaquero. The Anfibio and Nox weren't born yet. I'd never seen a vaquero in person and when he pulled it out of his truck I chuckled to myself what's he gonna do with that toy. Besides that, most of the paint, logo and printing around the settings knob were worn off. On top of that he had a hearing issue and wore a hearing aid.
This campsite was loaded with iron as you can imagine. But some nice relics have been found there over the years. I think by now you know where this story is headed. Anyway, we hunted this site for about 4 hours. Crossing one another's path, often yelling at the other "done any good yet" I yelled that several times at the vaquero guy and he would only smile and wave cause he couldn't hear/understand what I was saying. At the end of the day back at the trucks what was found between the 4 digital/tone ID detectors was 1 3 ringer, 1 modern day pocket knife and 2 wheat pennies. The Vaquero, a hand full of 3 ringers and 3 eagle buttons in his shirt pocket. I ask one of the guys how in the heck did he find all that. His response with a little smirk was, yeah he super tunes his machine. My response with a laugh, any way we can super tune our machines.
This for me this was a humbling relic hunting experience. Never again will I under estimate any detector much less the fellow who his swinging it.
If you would with all your knowledge, give your opinion on why, between 4 well experienced guys swinging 4 top notch digital/tone ID detectors get smoked by 1 guy swinging a worn out one tone, technology out dated Tesoro. thumbs down
December 06, 2018 11:17PM
Me and my hunting buddy went to a site and we both swing the Deus. I dug 23 relics that day including two fatties, Belgium pocket pistol, civil war era ring, and a Eagle I cuff button......He dug one 1890 s indian that day..... What does that say? Luck ? odds?
December 06, 2018 11:27PM
GUEST APPLICATION FOR THE JERRY SPRINGER SHOW

Personal Information:

Name___________ Nickname______________ CB Handle___________

Yore Mama______________ Yore Daddy (if known)________________

Spouse's Name_________________

Relationship to spouse: ___Sister ____Brother ____Mother ____Father___Pet ___Aunt ___Uncle

Occupation: ___Unemployed Mechanic ___Gun Show Dealer ___Skinhead

Number of Children in Household___ Number that are yours___

Circle Highest Level of Education: 1 2 3 4

How Far is Your Mobile Home From a Paved Road: ___1mi. __5 mi. ___?

Number of Times You Have Survived a Tornado: ___

Number of Vehicles Owned___ Number on Cement Blocks___

Truck Equipment: ___Gun Rack ___Pit Bull ___Spit Cup ___Fuzzy Dice___Rebel Flag ___Naked Woman Mudflaps ___NWO and/or NRA sticker

Weapons Owned: ___Tire Iron ___Pick Handle ___Beer Bottle ___Shotgun

Number of Dogs Owned: ___

Number of Homemade Tattoos: ___

Which of the Following Appliances are in your Front Yard:___Friggerator ___Heatin Stove ___Warsher ___TV ___Freezer

How Many of the Above Appliances Work: ___

Fav-o-rite Recreation: ___Drinkin ___Cow Chip Throwin ___Possum Huntin___Crawdad Huntin ___Spittin Backy ___Scratchin ___Watchin Wrasslin

If You Can Read, Which Magazines Do You Prefer:
___Soap Opera Digest ___Rifle and Shotgun ___NWA ___TV Guide___National Enquirer ___True Confessions

Which Stinks Worse: ___Hogpen ___Outhouse ___Spouse

Can You Spell Your Last Name:___Yup ___Nope

Can You Remember Your Last Name: ___Yup ___Nope

Have You Ever Stayed Sober for More Than One Day: ___Yup ___Nope

Do You Know Any Words with More Than 4 Letters: ___Yup ___Nope

Which is Correct?: ___"I Seed Him" or ___"I Seen Him"

How Many Cartons of Cigarettes Do You Smoke a Day? ___

Math Test: How Many Food Stamps Do the Following Cost?
___Six Pack ___Ciggies ___Shotgun Shells ___Backy ___Prostitute

Number of Times You've Seen: ___a UFO ___ Elvis ___Elvis in a UFO

Health Questionaire: Which of the Following Do You Have?
___Head Lice ___B.O. ___Crabs ___Runny Nose ___Boils

Can You Remember the Last Time You Bathed? ___Yup ___Nope

Color of Teeth: ___Yellow ___Brown ___Black ___N/A

I hereby swear this is the trooth and sign my "X" on______________19__
December 06, 2018 11:36PM
calabash digger Wrote:
> Me and my hunting buddy went to a site and we both
> swing the Deus. I dug 23 relics that day including
> two fatties, Belgium pocket pistol, civil war era
> ring, and a Eagle I cuff button......He dug one 18
> 90 s indian that day..... What does that say? Luck
> ? odds?

You tell me. You answered my question with a question.
December 06, 2018 11:54PM
I see folks making statements and giving examples of older units outdoing newer released units.

Let’s see. Folks born in the 1950s and early /mid 1960s likely when they went to school used a typewriter not a computer. Some of these folks probably did get proficient enough and had the skill to type 90 words a minute.
So using this same logic as some here a person would have to have actually learn to type on a type writer to be a fast typist.
A person born later and while in school used a computer, hence they learned how to type, and some of these folks indeed also could type 90 words a minute.

So which is the better typist?? The older person or the younger person??

Sound familiar to what we are talking about.

Some here think folks with less experience have to earn their detecting wings by going through what they did - running knob job disc machines.
Really, is this true?
Don’t think so.

Let’s look at golf.
Folks golfing professionally way back yonder used equipment namely clubs that was quite sub par to what is used today. So does a person wanting to be a golf professional have to use the older less effiecnt equipment to indeed be a good playing pro on tour??

Look at stock car drivers. Back in the day they drove autos with much less capabilities and technology. Today autos are faster, have more electronics. So does a person who wants to be a good stockmcsr driver today have to learn to drive driving one of those old stock cars??

The more I think about this, I think some of the folks who started detecting back yonder here are _________. I really can’t come up with a word. Are they jealous because the newer detectors are easier to use. Are they mad, because the detectors are more forgiving. Are they envious as the younger generation don’t have to use the old per equipment they indeed had to, to detect ??

There is also another factor related here to this subject.
The digital world of internet, computers, cell phones, you tube, etc.
The older generation detectorist didn’t have what we all have today. Only a few magazines, and I’m not even sure any tips using whatever detector models talked about was even printed.
So again learning curve info wise seem less for later generation detectorist.

Last here.
The terms “World class unmasker”, and or “World class separator “ and or “great disc circuit” has been used here on this forum.

Someone please list the detector models- ALL, older and newer detectors that fit into the above. As per today’s standards ...Or if this is too hard to do, please list top 5 detector models in each category.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2018 12:11AM by tnsharpshooter.
December 07, 2018 12:10AM
THATS FUNNY DONT CARE WHO YOU ARE! shoveler Wrote:
> GUEST APPLICATION FOR THE JERRY SPRINGER SHOW
>
> Personal Information:
>
> Name___________ Nickname______________ CB Handle__
> _________
>
> Yore Mama______________ Yore Daddy (if known)_____
> ___________
>
> Spouse's Name_________________
>
> Relationship to spouse: ___Sister ____Brother ____
> Mother ____Father___Pet ___Aunt ___Uncle
>
> Occupation: ___Unemployed Mechanic ___Gun Show Dea
> ler ___Skinhead
>
> Number of Children in Household___ Number that are
> yours___
>
> Circle Highest Level of Education: 1 2 3 4
>
> How Far is Your Mobile Home From a Paved Road: ___
> 1mi. __5 mi. ___?
>
> Number of Times You Have Survived a Tornado: ___
>
> Number of Vehicles Owned___ Number on Cement Block
> s___
>
> Truck Equipment: ___Gun Rack ___Pit Bull ___Spit C
> up ___Fuzzy Dice___Rebel Flag ___Naked Woman Mudfl
> aps ___NWO and/or NRA sticker
>
> Weapons Owned: ___Tire Iron ___Pick Handle ___Beer
> Bottle ___Shotgun
>
> Number of Dogs Owned: ___
>
> Number of Homemade Tattoos: ___
>
> Which of the Following Appliances are in your Fron
> t Yard:___Friggerator ___Heatin Stove ___Warsher _
> __TV ___Freezer
>
> How Many of the Above Appliances Work: ___
>
> Fav-o-rite Recreation: ___Drinkin ___Cow Chip Thro
> win ___Possum Huntin___Crawdad Huntin ___Spittin B
> acky ___Scratchin ___Watchin Wrasslin
>
> If You Can Read, Which Magazines Do You Prefer:
> ___Soap Opera Digest ___Rifle and Shotgun ___NWA _
> __TV Guide___National Enquirer ___True Confessions
>
> Which Stinks Worse: ___Hogpen ___Outhouse ___Spous
> e
>
> Can You Spell Your Last Name:___Yup ___Nope
>
> Can You Remember Your Last Name: ___Yup ___Nope
>
> Have You Ever Stayed Sober for More Than One Day:
> ___Yup ___Nope
>
> Do You Know Any Words with More Than 4 Letters: __
> _Yup ___Nope
>
> Which is Correct?: ___"I Seed Him" or ___"I Seen H
> im"
>
> How Many Cartons of Cigarettes Do You Smoke a Day?
> ___
>
> Math Test: How Many Food Stamps Do the Following C
> ost?
> ___Six Pack ___Ciggies ___Shotgun Shells ___Backy
> ___Prostitute
>
> Number of Times You've Seen: ___a UFO ___ Elvis __
> _Elvis in a UFO
>
> Health Questionaire: Which of the Following Do You
> Have?
> ___Head Lice ___B.O. ___Crabs ___Runny Nose ___Boi
> ls
>
> Can You Remember the Last Time You Bathed? ___Yup
> ___Nope
>
> Color of Teeth: ___Yellow ___Brown ___Black ___N/A
>
> I hereby swear this is the trooth and sign my "X"
> on______________19__
December 07, 2018 12:39AM
As an unbiased fly on the wall:

It would appear that the "olders" are just responding to unrelenting and unjustified attacks by the youngers.
December 07, 2018 01:20AM
Bill long Wrote:
> calabash digger Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Me and my hunting buddy went to a site and we bo
> th
> > swing the Deus. I dug 23 relics that day includi
> ng
> > two fatties, Belgium pocket pistol, civil war er
> a
> > ring, and a Eagle I cuff button......He dug one
> 18
> > 90 s indian that day..... What does that say? Lu
> ck
> > ? odds?
>
>
> You tell me. You answered my question with a quest
> ion.

What that says is it must have been pretty tiring hauling all that ego back to the truck
Still waiting for your opinion
December 07, 2018 01:42AM
Its shows one detectorist can out do the other on the same day sometimes by just simply getting their coil over it and the other guy didnt. We were both using the SAME machines....
December 07, 2018 02:20AM
calabash digger Wrote:
> Its shows one detectorist can out do the other on
> the same day sometimes by just simply getting the
> ir coil over it and the other guy didnt. We were b
> oth using the SAME machines....

My old hunting partner and I use to hunt every Thursday. It was his off day and I worked midnight shift so we would hunt every Thursday from about 8 a.m. til about 1 or 2 in the evening. One day we were just driving in an area with a lot Civil War activity and saw a guy had just plowed a small garden spot in his yard. Literally maybe 1300 sq ft. He was still outside so we stopped and asked if we could run our detectors over it since it wouldn't hurt the grass. He said go ahead. Since it was so small, Jeff and I decided to split it. One of us start on an end and work our way to the middle. Jeff picked his side and I went to the other. We hunted it and didn't find anything Civil War there. Moved on to another spot and I dug a drop large caliber roundball and "won" the day. The only relic found between both of us.

That was...until we we met back up at my truck to unload equipment til the next Thursday. Jeff was digging into his junk pouch and says "I dug this back at that plowed field. You reckon it might be something or is it just junk?". He handed me a piece of folded brass. He was dead serious and not playing a joke. But what he handed me was a bent tongue to a Virginia 2 piece buckle that had spent all day in his junk pouch. We too were using the same machines. In the same spot. He just started on the side of 1300 sq ft that had the buckle in it. And yes, I was excited for him!