Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

WHITES DFX VERSENOKTA MAKRO ANFIBIO..

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
WHITES DFX VERSENOKTA MAKRO ANFIBIO..
December 23, 2018 07:08PM
Re: WHITES DFX VERSENOKTA MAKRO ANFIBIO..
December 23, 2018 07:47PM
Its seems like yesterday that poor wee red racer was slammed as a 'toy' -

Well done Makro thumbs down for listening and providing quality products for your customers -

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
December 23, 2018 08:28PM
Great video. I've owned a few dfx detectors. Now I started detecting when silver quarters were still 2" deep. I hit parks and had to quit after several hours because I was tired of digging silver coins.
So yes the older tech detectors did find loads of awesome silver coins, rings etc. Nothing I needed to find was too deep. So 4-5" on a detector was fine.. but after years of finding buckets of silver , I now still find goodies due to better , deeper, faster detectors.. plain and simple.. I cannot take a dfx or any of the really old tech and go over these places and find much of anything.. alot of it is dried up for the older tech..
December 23, 2018 08:38PM
I bought a DFX brand New when they first came out. Traded in My XLT and with the DFX and 5.3 eclipse coil pulled a lot of Barber Silver out of a trashy old park. That set- up and a few adjustments worked great for Me. The DFX and 5.3 coil is still My all-time fave Whites set-up.
December 23, 2018 08:44PM
The Anfibio ID showed a 9.5" deep gold coin in the 90s? Look at 3:55 in the video.
December 23, 2018 09:03PM
I went through 2 Whites DFX before I found out it was just garbage.
I actually would pick up radio chatter somehow from a Plane or Rangers and could hear it when hunting.
Also the threshold did this weird thing when listening to it the threshold sound would PING after so many seconds almost like it was running in some kind of loop.
I also never got the depth claimed by others sold it off and took a loss.
The only Whites I have owned that I kind of liked was the V3I but I don't even have that anymore either.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2018 09:06PM by GreenMeanie.
December 23, 2018 09:57PM
It seems to up average targets at the edge of detection depth just like the Deus. Where as a AT SERIES detector starts calling them iron..straker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Anfibio ID showed a 9.5" deep gold coin in the
> 90s? Look at 3:55 in the video.
December 23, 2018 10:03PM
I always kinda liked the DFX. I have had a few of them over the years. It took a couple of books to really open my eyes to the settings and such and how to set up good programs for it....Foster's Diggin' Deeper with the DFX book and Clive's book on DFX Gold Methods. The factory modes for it were very tame and not deep at all.

The V3i simplified a lot of those settings and made them easier to understand but at the same time, it seemed to have became a lot more prone to EMI which was a huge turn off for me.

I still feel that if I were to take a big interest into inland jewelry hunting, I would find a used DFX.
December 23, 2018 10:24PM
I fiddled with it for two days in the garden and couldn't get it to hit squat at depth so I settled just filming it in a preset program.. I dont like the menu at all... So the dude had to write a book to teach people to dig deeper targets...Heres a guide for the Anfibio … STEP 1 cut it on ,Step 2 ground balance, Step 3 set sensitivity , and swing over deep target.... DING DING , Step 4 dig.. I have to agree to disagree about the DFX Daniel.. Worst detector I have tested ...Imo
December 23, 2018 11:43PM
calabash digger Wrote:
> It seems to up average targets at the edge of dete
> ction depth just like the Deus. Where as a AT SERI
> ES detector starts calling them iron..straker Wrot
> e:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The Anfibio ID showed a 9.5" deep gold coin in t
> he
> > 90s? Look at 3:55 in the video.

My t2 will up average a deep non ferrous target. . Usually a one way hit high tone, then one way low tone. I'll dig it with the one way high and also dig it if both hits turn in to all iron tone with no numbers on the screen. Dug a lot of deep brass and lead with an iron tone that gave no number.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2018 11:50PM by Bill long.
December 24, 2018 02:43AM
CD -- I'm gonna try to be as nice with this reply as I can be. I don't take kindly to smart alleck comments. The DFX is a tweakers detector that came out with a bare bones basic manual that didn't explain any of the advanced setting well or how to get the most out of it. Foster's book helped explain a lot of that stuff with more detail. Similar to Andy's boot camp and book on the Deus. I could take a Deus and do a video here and make that thing look like a piece of junk. It don't mean that it is. It just means I don't have much experience behind one. I've seen your rods in the background of your videos so I know you fish. The Anfibio and newer detectors can be likened to the newer bait casting reels. Those things are nearly idiot proof with automatic internal brakes and such in them. You have to TRY and bird nest them. Baitcasting reels from 20-25+ years ago....if you didn't know what you were doing, you would want to throw them in the lake because you'd backlash them ever cast if you didn't thumb the spool or have it set correctly for whatever weight rig you were throwing. Same principle with detectors. The newer ones do a lot of things "behind the scenes" with filters and auto settings that the older ones had to be programmed to do. They've simplified and shortened the learning curve by doing most of the things automatically.

The DFX was one of the best inland gold machines to hit the market. It took a lot of time to program one...lots of menu scrolling and such but still to this day, there are few machines that can give the amount of target info that the DFX does.
December 24, 2018 02:47AM
Good video, maybe a few people will see it and sell their DFX"s cheap and I can get a couple more of them. Great detectors in the right hands.thumbs down
December 24, 2018 02:58AM
If you are going to test a DFX using a pre set program against a new model detector, you might as well use a stick.

Throw that video out along with the test.
December 24, 2018 03:08AM
Daniel I wasn't being a smart alleck .Didnt really mean to come off that way if I did\. I was just stating what I thought was a obvious observation. If you guys like the DFX then by all means you have the right to.to. IMO the DFX is the worst detector I have ever tested and would not give one to my worst enemy to hunt... I am not gonna argue about the settings and tweaking it. I spent two days studying the settings and tweaking it and it was a waste of my time as it still wouldn't hit the deep coins in my mild soil. BTW those Daiwa Steez A TW reels that you saw are out of this world..Daniel Tn Wrote:
> CD -- I'm gonna try to be as nice with this reply
> as I can be. I don't take kindly to smart alleck c
> omments. The DFX is a tweakers detector that came
> out with a bare bones basic manual that didn't exp
> lain any of the advanced setting well or how to ge
> t the most out of it. Foster's book helped explai
> n a lot of that stuff with more detail. Similar t
> o Andy's boot camp and book on the Deus. I could
> take a Deus and do a video here and make that thin
> g look like a piece of junk. It don't mean that
> it is. It just means I don't have much experience
> behind one. I've seen your rods in the background
> of your videos so I know you fish. The Anfibio an
> d newer detectors can be likened to the newer bait
> casting reels. Those things are nearly idiot proo
> f with automatic internal brakes and such in them.
> You have to TRY and bird nest them. Baitcasting r
> eels from 20-25+ years ago....if you didn't know w
> hat you were doing, you would want to throw them i
> n the lake because you'd backlash them ever cast i
> f you didn't thumb the spool or have it set correc
> tly for whatever weight rig you were throwing. Sa
> me principle with detectors. The newer ones do a
> lot of things "behind the scenes" with filters and
> auto settings that the older ones had to be progra
> mmed to do. They've simplified and shortened the
> learning curve by doing most of the things automat
> ically.
>
> The DFX was one of the best inland gold machines t
> o hit the market. It took a lot of time to progra
> m one...lots of menu scrolling and such but still
> to this day, there are few machines that can give
> the amount of target info that the DFX does.
December 24, 2018 03:13AM
Super secret ninja DFX settings...smoking smiley So guys if your reading this and thinking about a DFX know this the presets stink and you need the digging deeper book which goes for 100.00 bucks on amazon. I guess I need to go to a DFX bootcamp so I can learn to set it up to where it will hit a 9 inch coin in my mild soil..... GIVE ME A BREAK the thing is a DOG.....FOR that reason alone makes it one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2018 03:14AM by calabash digger.
December 24, 2018 03:22AM
I’ll be honest.
I got a good memory. I think.
This is the first thread about DFX I have seen here in a long time.
And maybe for a good reason.

Using google I found these.
[www.dankowskidetectors.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2018 03:27AM by tnsharpshooter.
December 24, 2018 03:24AM
I will get you a good deal on the one in the video make an offer and I will talk to my buddy and see what he says.coinspader Wrote:
> Good video, maybe a few people will see it and sel
> l their DFX"s cheap and I can get a couple more of
> them. Great detectors in the right hands.thumbs down
December 24, 2018 03:37AM
I agree that the DFX has pretty weak presets but those are for beginners just starting the hobby, I think the great thing about the DFX is it helps people understand how detectors do what they do. If you spend time with it and analyze the different settings and how they effect its performance you will begin to learn about sweep speeds, recovery speeds, ground filtering and many other facets of detecting. It's great adjustability is what makes it so fun to use. It"s a detector you have to spend some time with in order to master it's capabilities. Most people just like to pick up a detector and go no fuss no muss, but there are some who like to tinker.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2018 03:44AM by coinspader.
December 24, 2018 05:52AM
CD..when was the last time you used the Deus in Basic 1 ?

Didn't you end up reading, learning, setting up and using that Deus for hours and hours to make it perform better as you continued to learn it ? Didn't you also spread your knowledge around (thank you) so others can benefit ?

You stating the DFX is a dog because one needs to figure out how to set it up to make it perform well is a pretty disingenuous statement in my opinion.
December 24, 2018 06:24AM
So how about someone who knows how to set it up tell calabash the secret settings so maybe he can do a new video? Just curious
December 24, 2018 10:40AM
The dfx and the v3i are beepers that need a lot of understanding in the programing department . One false move in one setting and you are history. Here in OZ the v3i is the only detector that can get rid of aluminium screw caps and get out $1 & $2 coins set up.......Properly . It has more moves than a chess board its horses for courses. In the right hands.

Regards Pinpointa.
December 24, 2018 12:34PM
YEAH you would think with all the EXPERTS here someone could tell me how to set the thing up to a 9 inch dime in MILD soil!!! eye popping smileyeye rolling smileyeye rolling smiley I spent two days tinkering with it. I am a pretty tech savy guy and I just couldn't get it to do it. It has a lot of features on the Deus has .. . BTW its not that complicated to someone who understands detector lingo. For a new person trying to run the thing it would have been a nightmare! ..It has to many features...
December 24, 2018 12:38PM
IMO it doesnt matter how you set it up it aint no depth monster...… I have never even seen anyone claim it is.. The thing is really a nightmare as far as the menu goes.... CAN SOMEONE ON HERE TELL ME HOW TO SET IT UP TO HIT THE DEEP STUFF IN MY GARDEN. I here all the talking about setting it up but see no one saying how to make it become some super performer.therover61 Wrote:
> CD..when was the last time you used the Deus in Ba
> sic 1 ?
>
> Didn't you end up reading, learning, setting up an
> d using that Deus for hours and hours to make it p
> erform better as you continued to learn it ? Didn'
> t you also spread your knowledge around (thank you
> ) so others can benefit ?
>
> You stating the DFX is a dog because one needs to
> figure out how to set it up to make it perform wel
> l is a pretty disingenuous statement in my opinion
> .
December 24, 2018 01:01PM
calabash digger Wrote:
> YEAH you would think with all the EXPERTS here som
> eone could tell me how to set the thing up to a 9
> inch dime in MILD soil!!! eye popping smileyeye rolling smileyeye rolling smiley I spent two
> days tinkering with it. I am a pretty tech savy gu
> y and I just couldn't get it to do it. It has a lo
> t of features on the Deus has .. . BTW its not tha
> t complicated to someone who understands detector
> lingo. For a new person trying to run the thing it
> would have been a nightmare! ..It has to many fe
> atures...

Back in the day you were flamed for telling the truth about the DFX and its lack of performance. Modified Relic programs were supposedly the key for depth, didn't work with the one I had. The Classic, IDX and XLT all beat it easily on depth.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2018 01:01PM by Jackpine.
December 24, 2018 01:06PM
December 24, 2018 01:08PM
I thought the key was bump up Rx Gain or Pre Amp gain and then it would come alive LOL
Never came alive for me and I just shut up so I wouldn't get the "you don't know what you are doing" statement.
Read the books did the programs from them and Nadda it is a dog detector plain and simple.
December 24, 2018 01:13PM
Yup, that was the magic answer for depth. Too bad it didn't work
December 24, 2018 01:21PM
Yeah, folks asking about his detector over the years. Seems the settings were used as a smoke screen. When the smoke cleared the model was dumped by folks. The only thing I really see talked about positve is seems DFX is good mid depth/shallow jewelry hunter. For parks, tot lots.

I get a kick out of a lot of the responses given when folks were asking questions about depth on this model. Lot of seems more political answers given. If you know what I mean. Like folks were protecting manufacturer or something.

Or maybe these folks bought/had the unit and couldn’t admit they were duped. Lol
December 24, 2018 01:34PM
Whats next ? The 1023 Vs. Anfibio?
December 24, 2018 01:45PM
OMG...I was just going to post GPX5000 vs a Walmart special !

Good one Tex.

Not sure why a video needs to be produced to help a new hunter with $700-$800 to spend, make a decision between a 10 year old DFX that would probably cost $300 to buy used, versus a new tech detector that just came to market.

Unless the video is trying to inform the buyer don't buy a NEW DFX. That's a no brainer.