Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

2 videos head to head - 2 targets in wild EQX 800, Deus, Tarsacci, Anfibio Multi

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
2 videos head to head - 2 targets in wild EQX 800, Deus, Tarsacci, Anfibio Multi
December 31, 2018 03:21AM
All detectors used ground balanced to ground for all sweeping of suspect targets. Tarsacci sens setting was 7, with threshold of -2, disc zero. Deus when used silencer at all times -1 level, freq 28.8 kHz used exclusively with Hf coil. EQX speed setting always at 6 with a zero iron bias.
No tricks, no games.

[m.youtube.com]

[m.youtube.com]

Item found in second video, after closer exam, a small zipper I think. Strange looking. Will post a closeup of.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2018 07:35AM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: 1 of 2 videos head to head - target in wild EQX 800, Deus, Tarsacci, Anfibio Multi
December 31, 2018 03:39AM
I appreciate you taking the time to make and post this video. I noticed you tried many different coils, and setting on the Deus like reactivity and silencer etc trying to get the target to come in better. On the Anfibio you used three tone witch is much weaker than 4, 5, and 99 tone. I'd like to have seen how the Anfibio would perform in one of those. Tarsacci performed pretty well also.
I would like to of seen it in deep mode
Re: 1 of 2 videos head to head - target in wild EQX 800, Deus, Tarsacci, Anfibio Multi
December 31, 2018 04:00AM
Ole' TNSS!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2018 04:01AM by Harold,ILL..
December 31, 2018 04:03AM
Tom Slick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I appreciate you taking the time to make and post
> this video. I noticed you tried many different coi
> ls, and setting on the Deus like reactivity and si
> lencer etc trying to get the target to come in bet
> ter. On the Anfibio you used three tone witch is m
> uch weaker than 4, 5, and 99 tone. I'd like to hav
> e seen how the Anfibio would perform in one of tho
> se. Tarsacci performed pretty well also.

If Anfibio would have had speed setting and was struggling to get target I would have adjusted it just like Deus. Gotta watch how long video gets.
Checking in all modes can make very long.
I will try to do one soon where I go through more modes. Won’t have as many detectors to have to share time with. Best guess deep mode would not have helped at all. After seeing signal transition to full iron using 14khz. I didn’t try so just my opinion. We’ll see though in coming days if weather allows.
Anfibio and Tarsacci latest to debut.
Trying to give air time to them especially.
Re: 2 videos head to head - 2 targets in wild EQX 800, Deus, Tarsacci, Anfibio Multi
December 31, 2018 10:59AM
If that zipper is made out of stainless steel with a coating of nickel, brass etc could be the reason the deus was struggling to get it with disc set at 6. Nox 800 was in all metal in prospecting mode or as close to all metal as you can get. Anfibio at 0 disc much lower than disc of 6 on Deus. Not sure of disc range on Tarz unit have no experience with it. Deus looked to be trying to disc it out.
Re: 2 videos head to head - 2 targets in wild EQX 800, Deus, Tarsacci, Anfibio Multi
December 31, 2018 12:08PM
My little magnet says what i think is zipper is nonferrous.

Welgund, I see you explaining maybe whybthe outcome was like it was with EQX and prospecting mode. What about the use of park 2 in videos? Disc was at Zero, the horseshoe button was never engaged ever in either video. Besides if I would have engaged using park 2 or gold 1mode, you know what would have happened? ID negative on sweeps. I actually did this off camera on both targets. So EQX users beware of this when using horseshoe buttton.

Btw yesterday when I did the videos. This is not the first time I have witnessed what I have. Been finding other nonferrous in sites using Tarsacci. Areas that have been Deus busted and hard. Things like 22 bullets older at some rather shocking shallow depths. And small musket balls again at shocking shallow depths. Again Deus LF and Hf coil (28.8khz) and lower busted hard.

The Tarsacci is seeing stuff it seeems in my soil Deus is struggling on. I am not digging much ferrous using Tarsacci either. Unless I want to play around experimenting, then I can dig some. It is expected though.

So yes, based on my use and testing. Soil that yields 6 dots in Deus mineralization meter, this soil seems is masking some smaller finds even from Deus. What I can’t say is how much target shape is contributing factor.

And this soil here, I think it exposes strengths of tech inside Equinox too. What it can do vs typical single freq VLF detector ops. Remember though Tarsacci not typical VLF detector.

Also, I have a thread here dedicated to Equinox and stock coil use here on this forum. I reported in this thread something very similar in this thread where Deus was struggling detecting what Equinox was seeing in the ground. Some folks reading this may have though sharpshooter was a fruitcake. Far from it. Notice I didn’t sweep targrt in video #2 with LF coil. I sure didn’t even off camera. I’ll bet the farm the LF coil would not have alerted on it with nonferrous tonal signature. I did off camera check target # 2 off camera with EQX using single Freqs. No dice on signal. And when this happens so far where multi frequency on Eqx gives nonferous hit, single freq don’t, Deus and LF coil both 9” and 11” are nogos for detection with nonferous signature. I just didn’t comment in video #2 that I had swept with Eqx using single freq ops like I Did in video #1.

Last here. I didn’t check the finds using gold field mode on Deus either coil. But there is a good chance one or both finds could have been located using gold field and IAR setting 5, reactivity 3. Using these settings a deus user won’t dig much iron. User needs to put some time in with to become proficient. Folks using elliptical Hf coil can run reactivty level 2.5 IAR 5 and not dig much iron. Doing this though can be depth limited with settings mentioned here. At least my experiences.

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2018 02:43PM by tnsharpshooter.
December 31, 2018 01:45PM
On that first video...…. it looked like the Deus coil was not passing over the piece of paper. . . . . . even when you moved the piece of paper over …. by about an inch or two.

The Tarsacci external speaker volume is very insufficient! …… especially for video capture.

In these two specific videos..... Multi Domain Technology and Simultaneous Multi Frequency are still in-the-game...………. while single frequency units drop off line...in bad dirt.
December 31, 2018 02:30PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> On that first video...…. it looked like the Deus c
> oil was not passing over the piece of paper. . . .
> . . even when you moved the piece of paper over ….
> by about an inch or two.
>
> The Tarsacci external speaker volume is very insuf
> ficient! …… especially for video capture.
>
> In these two specific videos..... Multi Domain Tec
> hnology and Simultaneous Multi Frequency are still
> in-the-game...………. while single frequency units dr
> op off line...in bad dirt.

Paper was moved because I moved when sweeping (hit with coil). The paper was always placed behind target location somewhat(from where i was standing). It was used as a referenced point only. I’ll pick up some golf tees today. And try and do a better job next time. Sure don’t want to mislead folks.
More videos coming in the future weather permitting.
Some folks want to see Anfibio Multi maybe some more.
This time of year, can be windy loads of days. And camera audio not good when windy, Probsbly only get 1-2days in winter here every 2 weeks where wind is not blowing. And on these more wind free days, I have to locate something to video. Don’t always pan out.
December 31, 2018 03:10PM
TNSS your soil is similar to mine and what I found with the Deus is you have to open it up to get it to perform in hot soil. It's noisy but I run a negative disc sometimes down to -6.4 most of the time around -3 though, negative ground balance and silencer at -1.In hot soil the ground starts to consume the target faster than mild soil so any use of disc or other settings that is going to allow masking by the ground minerals have to be changed. These settings aren't for everyone but I've always run my detectors hot and I don't mind all the chatter. If there are hot rocks in your area these settings might not work either, but hot rocks are usually pretty easy to tell.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2018 03:23PM by Abenson.
December 31, 2018 04:29PM
I have found in higher mjneralized soil here in Colorado I have to run a disc of -2.5 or more to get good responce on targets in soil up to 6 to 7 in deep. It looked to me in the video also from where the Nox center of coil was hitting the non ferrous target the deus center of coil looked to me never passed over it, just the nose.
December 31, 2018 06:22PM
Abenson Wrote:
> TNSS your soil is similar to mine and what I found
> with the Deus is you have to open it up to get it
> to perform in hot soil. It's noisy but I run a neg
> ative disc sometimes down to -6.4 most of the time
> around -3 though, negative ground balance and sile
> ncer at -1.In hot soil the ground starts to consum
> e the target faster than mild soil so any use of d
> isc or other settings that is going to allow maski
> ng by the ground minerals have to be changed. Thes
> e settings aren't for everyone but I've always run
> my detectors hot and I don't mind all the chatter.
> If there are hot rocks in your area these settings
> might not work either, but hot rocks are usually p
> retty easy to tell.

There is a thread on this forum I did talking about Deus 4.0 version.
And I indeed talk about using negative disc.

Also, some folks may think disc level 6 and say pitch tones will find all Deus is capable of.
Wrong.
But guess what?
Running Deus and zeeo disc full tones or Deus at negative disc full tones won’t find all nonferous Deus is capable of either.
And I have provided actual examples on this forum where I show this. With pics.

Welgund the Deus coil position/sweep question, ,I spent additional time before and after video. What the video showed is what a Deus user with the settings talked about would get.

I’ll show more eventually. And folks will see.
My doing the videos was not meant to demean any detector.
Notice I haven’t sold my Deus units and coils.
Wonder why??

Btw, when I say Deus won’t find above when talking. Yeah Deus will give sound alright. Just user won’t Know nonferrous is under coil. No intelligence to recognize. Been there and done that. Figured it out by changing settings over certain detecting scenarios. And light bulb came on.

I also stated Deus was struggling on EQX located finds in my thread here Equinox and stock coil commentary thread. Head to heads done. And very Similar results obtained as shown in this video. What turned me on to this was a surprising amount of finds made in this one area with EQX where I had spent loads of time with Deus LF and Hf coils. More time though with Lf coils.
Btw, wonder why Xp created X35 Coil?

You see The Whole time I have been mentioning this stuff in threads. Just didn’t have a camera. Now I do.
Reckon Xp did a shake down on Eqx, and indeed witnessed what I have. Meaning LF coil no match in instances to EQX.

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2018 06:35PM by tnsharpshooter.
December 31, 2018 06:38PM
TNSS-I believe you about the Deus, I haven't read all the posts in this forum that's for sure. I know in my soil stock Deus programs don't get but 3 inches and mask all kinds of good targets. But your findings are about the same as mine, the Equinox and Tarsacci do appear to unmask better in bad soil. I'll always have my Deus as well. Thanks for the videos.
December 31, 2018 06:43PM
Abenson Wrote:
> TNSS-I believe you about the Deus, I haven't read
> all the posts in this forum that's for sure. I kno
> w in my soil stock Deus programs don't get but 3 i
> nches and mask all kinds of good targets. But your
> findings are about the same as mine, the Equinox a
> nd Tarsacci do appear to unmask better in bad soil
> . I'll always have my Deus as well. Thanks for the
> videos.

I try to be careful here before opening my big mouth. Lol
Some things I say here folks may think are very bold when talking about detectors and comparing.
Maybe my camera will show better what I have been witnessing and been talking about.

Some previous head to heads down here and posted.
Page 2 this link,.
[www.dankowskidetectors.com]

For the Deus users hunting polluted sites.
What is a way to judge is you are INDEED being all you can be with unit in finding nonferrous. If in fact you are pushing unit to the max??
Here’s a good gauge.
If you are digging nonferous targets where Deus meter is reading 00, 01,,,you are definitely on the right track!!!!!!! If you are only digging signals (nonferrous) reading say 04,05,06, you have a ways to go.
And there is history here where I post, and YES at one time I was in the later above. Documented here. So I didn’t get Deus and become an instant miracle worker with it. Wish I could have. Lol

Welgund,
Just remember EQX in say park 2, field 2 for example is pushing higher freq into ground vs Deus Hf coil is at 28.8khz. So this may suggest EQX indeed may see things buried Hf coil running st 28.8 kHz can’t alert on.
So, using 54khz May do better.
Question is can EQX still see things due to Multi IQ that even Deus Hf coil running higher freq than multi IQ can see?
I say yes on some target scenarios. Based on some head to heads I have done. Not very deep targets either.
Tarsacci imo (right now) is doing more unmasking wise (soil) with lower freq it seems vs typical single freq VLF running same/similar freqs.

The interesting thing is, wonder how tech in Tarsacci would do at even a higher freq than 18khz? I don’t know, but I bet developer of Tarsacci does.

Remember the talk of obsoleting by you know who. This one detector concept for detection of things I think is what they meant. Still not end all or completely fail safe. As owners have noted when hunting heavier nails and iron and has limitations it seems in salt water/sand too,

Edited 10 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2018 07:39PM by tnsharpshooter.
January 01, 2019 03:03AM
Thanks for the vids Tnss. If you remember next time could you mention what the VDI readouts are on the TCC?
January 01, 2019 03:17AM
possum mo Wrote:
> Thanks for the vids Tnss. If you remember next t
> ime could you mention what the VDI readouts are on
> the TCC?

Weather permitting, I am going to do more vids. I am still greenhorn doing. They will hopefully get better. Need to find about 4 different targets that meet certain criteria as far as how they react/respond to certain models detectors. Then I will try to do some some videos.