Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

AT GOLD GOOD IN IRON?? COMPARED TO WHAT?

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: AT GOLD GOOD IN IRON?? COMPARED TO WHAT?
February 07, 2019 01:06PM
calabash digger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Facts......NOT FEELINGS..... there is a difference.

The FACT is, feelings do matter. Personal preference is based on feelings. You still don't get it.

If a hunter found the best stuff with his/her $250 unit over his/her $1,000 unit, it MATTERS.

If a hunter has his/her 'lucky machine' that always finds great stuff, and that unit is 20 years old, it MATTERS.

If a hunter loves the way his/her one knob unit sounds, feels in their hand, where they can enjoy themselves on a hunt and couldn't give 2 craps about if the unit has the best separation speed, depth, etc. and does not want to be bothered with a million settings and reading a manual before they go out hunting...guess what... IT MATTERS.

MIND SET MATTERS.

The entire comparison garbage makes me laugh.
February 07, 2019 02:27PM
Feelings matter to you ,others want facts and the best performance they can get. I do agree that if you have confidence in a machine you will enjoy swinging it more. My post are NOT directed at the novice coin hunter or coin hunter period. They are directed at the relic hunter who wants all the edge he can get . My videos are for the people who want or need the performance edge in iron offered by some machines.
February 07, 2019 04:22PM
therover61 Wrote:
> calabash digger Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > Facts......NOT FEELINGS..... there is a differe
> nce.
>
>
> The FACT is, feelings do matter. Personal preferen
> ce is based on feelings. You still don't get it.
>
> If a hunter found the best stuff with his/her $250
> unit over his/her $1,000 unit, it MATTERS.
>
> If a hunter has his/her 'lucky machine' that alway
> s finds great stuff, and that unit is 20 years old
> , it MATTERS.
>
> If a hunter loves the way his/her one knob unit so
> unds, feels in their hand, where they can enjoy th
> emselves on a hunt and couldn't give 2 craps about
> if the unit has the best separation speed, depth,
> etc. and does not want to be bothered with a milli
> on settings and reading a manual before they go ou
> t hunting...guess what... IT MATTERS.
>
> MIND SET MATTERS.
>
> The entire comparison garbage makes me laugh.

This whole forum really is about comparisons when one thinks about it.
Granted some of the things talked about can be labeled as some better or best for one’s taste.
Again you can’t dig what you can’t hear.
February 07, 2019 04:57PM
I think most treasure hunter are always looking for the best, fastest, deepest seeking detectors.

How many are really dedicated to one brand.

New detectors come out and I think most want to know can it beat my detector. So when you see a test like Calabash's videos doesn't it make you wonder maybe I do need that new detector if its faster and deeper than the one I have.

No reason to bash Calabash's videos. Its just a video. Whether its comparing a slower detector to a faster deeper detector or 2 fast deep detectors. Still a good video.

I like seeing comparison videos. It helps you in decisions on different detectors if you are looking for one.

My Detectors are down to:
Equinox 800
XP ORX
Lobo ST modded
February 07, 2019 05:27PM
The entire hobby is based on personal preference. Facts matter, but personal preference matters more.

Why do you think there are so many brands and models ?

Calabash needs to give it a rest with the BS about being geared toward advanced relic hunters. Advanced relic hunters already know what they know. They don't need comparison videos to figure things out. And they sure don't need to hear bashing of other detectors/brands. Most probably don't give 2 craps about any video comparing a mid line model to an advanced one either.

This forum is not about comparisons. It's about knowledge transfer. Always has been. It's just recently that comparison videos have been put in the mix.
February 07, 2019 06:27PM
It's your choice if you want to watch a video or not.

Most only have so much money to decide on which detector or detectors to spend that money. And you pick the best choice you can.

Yes the AT Gold is a good all around detector. I found some nice old coins with it in one area and then went thru it with the Equinox and only found 1 IH. Not all areas are completely full of iron either and most detectors work well there. Others work better in heavy iron.

Still it shouldn't be a problem comparing whatever detectors you want.

There isn't anything wrong with a comparison a video with say an Ace 250 and Equinox. It's your right to make the video if you want too. You can watch the video or not. It's your choice. Over all, comparison videos are helpful. And they have helped me on my choices of detectors.

Rick
February 07, 2019 06:59PM
Its one thing to do a comparison video and then another thing to turn around and bash the crap out of the one that doesn't perform quite as well. Let the viewer decide if they like what they see and then whether they want to "spend just a little bit more," for the supposedly better detector and maybe make a few more finds. All bashing is in my opinion is a effort to draw attention to ones self. And, un-fortunately, ole Calabash has succeeded in that effort. HH jim tn
February 07, 2019 07:04PM
Brand loyalty is out there for sure.
My hunting partner has it bad with Whites Detectors, and has an anti Minelab bias to go along with his Whites loyalty.

He’s starting to crack though. We used to be pretty even in our old coin finds when I was running the CTX/E-Trac,
and he his V3i.
Ever since I got the Equinox, and especially the big coil for it, I have been trouncing him hunt after hunt.
Like 5 to 1 kind of trouncing.

He switched over to his MX Sport for a while, and then back to his V3i with new bigger coils but still can’t keep up.
They just can’t match the depth of the Nox in our mineralized soil.
I think I’m finding more masked coins too but depth is definitely a factor.
He flat out can’t hear some of my coins that are no brainers for the Nox.

The last time I hunted with him he said he MIGHT start saving for a Nox!
Never thought I would hear him say that.
It will probably take him several more months before he finally gives in.

Bryan
February 07, 2019 09:09PM
There's a lot to be said about that saying "you don't know what you don't know". When I first got into detecting, there wasn't any YouTube. The goto place for info, was a local shop in Chattanooga where the old timer relic hunters hung out at. I saw the relics they had found, and wanted what they used. Back then, it was Tesoro and Fisher machines. Nobody around here really liked Whites detectors...they were the only brand I was really familiar with, since I had saw them in the Sears Christmas catalog. I had never even heard of a Tesoro. Those old guys told me that the Fishers go deeper but the Tesoros worked best if I was gonna hunt old torn down home sites, and things like that. I ended up having both and for years, just based on having what those guys said was best, I thought I had it. I found stuff here and there but was convinced those old timers had got most of the stuff and there just wasn't much left shallow...it had to all be deep, and or the sites just didn't have anything there at all. I didn't know nothing about ground balance. Didn't have a target ID machine until much later on. Had no idea what fast recovery speed or iron masking was. All I knew was...set the disc to knock out a nail and dig everything. It wasn't until nearly a decade later that I stumbled into unmasking and how the ground itself can mask signals just like thick/heavy iron can. My eyes were opened to a whole new world. Suddenly, it clicked that most of those snap, crackle, pops and clicks that I had been hearing in sites were not iron signals...but good targets that the ground minerals were masking from me. Me personally....I would have been real appreciative if somebody would have showed me that much sooner than when I discovered it. Think and say what you want to about C/D's videos....but sometimes that's the only way you can get people to listen and understand what you are trying to say. You can be nice and try to tell somebody something all day long, but some times you just gotta be blunt and to the point. Somebody may be out there that really thinks they have the best detector made, based on what somebody said to them or something they read....then see that video and their eyes be opened to something they never knew about, and it be a big help to them. That's how I see it anyway. I wasted a lot of time in my early detecting days on some good sites that are not available to hunt any more, due to simply not knowing what I didn't know.
February 07, 2019 10:21PM
Yeah, like treasure magazines were going to be a tell all. Lol

Go ahead hit a site with loads of iron with Fisher F75 looking for really anything nonferrous. Yeah go ahead and use that stock coil and try and clean it out. Lol
And let a Deus user even running a low freq 11” coil slip in there.
They’ll find stuff alright.
And it gets even better with 9” LF coil. Remember it is a full 2” wider than than stocker on f75.
And it gets even better using the hf coils.

So there you go. Is this the truth. I think so.
Could someone believe I am BSing them or pulling their leg? Naturally.
Can I do a video to show Deus strong suit over F75? Sure I could,

I didn’t engineer or make any detector.
They are what they are.

Some folks may want to stick with At series or the Fisher F7x series.

Won’t hurt my feelings one bit.

Just don’t tell me I didn’t tell you so.

Some folks who know the real deal as far as detectors go. Maybe they would keep their mouths shut. Why tell the competition what is going on. Myself I am not selfish. I wish all find all they can.

It is your $$$. Buy what you want. And use it to your heart’s content.

You may get an itch someday though.
And want to try something different.
Just saying.

I may be wrong.
Seems the actual F75, At Pro, and Deus platforms all hatched about the same time.

Looks like the standards used nowadays for comparison are F75 with boost, Deus, and EQX 800, CTX3030 and Anfibio Multi.
Any one who is a tester and wants to see what a new platform given to them to test. They I think will reach for one of more of the above to get an idea of how the new platform is working.
I know I do and have in the past.
And if a new platform indeed surfaces that trumps all what the 5 detectors above can do- It will be one heck of a detector.

And in salt water, salt sand we may have a new vlf standard called the Tarsacci- on gold rings anyways.

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2019 10:45PM by tnsharpshooter.
February 08, 2019 12:27AM
It was a solid 4-5 years ago on this very forum that I was arguing against the need for an FBS machine when coin hunting public spots. Tom remembers! It was finally Kenny House who tipped me over the edge into the dark side and I’ve never been back. I had EVERY faith in my Whites IDXPro and that I wasn’t missing much,if anything. Well....what I found after buying my first Explorer2 was that I was missing WAY more than I was finding with my IDX. That made me sad,and happy at the same time. Sad because I was so bullheaded and wasted time and opportunity just as Daniel had....happy because I was “smart enough” to follow the advice of some very good hunters! I can also say that since then I’ve bought yet ANOTHER Explorer2 and a CTX. My buddy Wayne was hunting with an Ace250 when I met him,then he bought an ATPro. He had the stock coil and the 5x8. On 8 or 9 hunts out of 10 I was finding deeper than normal old coins while he just couldn’t break the 6-7” level with reliable enough ID to determine to dig or not. That seemed to be the huge downfall of his ATP....TID fell off too quickly for what we were hunting! When you’re hunting old schools,parks and fairgrounds,a “relic hunter” mentality isn’t gonna get it done. Eventually I gifted him one of my Explorers...mainly because I felt bad about him not finding squat most of the time. He hasn’t picked up his ATP since. And he HAS said that he wished he had known the difference earlier...the whole “he didn’t know what he didn’t know” thing again!
There IS a difference in what machines will “see”,or will see well enough in the conditions they’re in to tell the operator that it is worth a look. The discipline it takes to be a successful coin hunter vs a “dig it all” relic hunter is quite noticeable,and is probably what drives much of the “this machine is just as good as that machine” conversation. Maybe it is...for what YOU use it for. But when you boil it down to actual technical specs,capabilities and outright “performance” which is the sum total of ALL of a machines attributes, the difference between models can be vast. RESULTS OVER TIME is what I’ve said before....What have I found in the time I’ve used it and was it more than when hunting with a prior machine? Of course there are variables involved,the biggest being operator experience in general and with the machine in question,but even the slickest ATPro guy isn’t going to outhunt the Equinox,Deus,CTX,eTrac,etc. over time. I don’t EXPECT them to. It’s when the ATPro guy says he CAN make that happen is when my undies bunch up and I start turning colors....cuz I simply KNOW BETTER. It’s kinda like the dork in the Reliant station wagon pulling up to a stoplight next to a Porsche 996 and revving his engine. They both know what the outcome will be but the guy in the Reliant still feels compelled to rev his engine. It’s all he’s got...and that’s OK.
February 08, 2019 12:56AM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> There's a lot to be said about that saying "you do
> n't know what you don't know". When I first got i
> nto detecting, there wasn't any YouTube. The goto
> place for info, was a local shop in Chattanooga wh
> ere the old timer relic hunters hung out at. I sa
> w the relics they had found, and wanted what they
> used. Back then, it was Tesoro and Fisher machine
> s. Nobody around here really liked Whites detector
> s...they were the only brand I was really familiar
> with, since I had saw them in the Sears Christmas
> catalog. I had never even heard of a Tesoro. Tho
> se old guys told me that the Fishers go deeper but
> the Tesoros worked best if I was gonna hunt old to
> rn down home sites, and things like that. I ended
> up having both and for years, just based on having
> what those guys said was best, I thought I had it.
> I found stuff here and there but was convinced tho
> se old timers had got most of the stuff and there
> just wasn't much left shallow...it had to all be d
> eep, and or the sites just didn't have anything th
> ere at all. I didn't know nothing about ground ba
> lance. Didn't have a target ID machine until much
> later on. Had no idea what fast recovery speed or
> iron masking was. All I knew was...set the disc to
> knock out a nail and dig everything. It wasn't un
> til nearly a decade later that I stumbled into unm
> asking and how the ground itself can mask signals
> just like thick/heavy iron can. My eyes were open
> ed to a whole new world. Suddenly, it clicked that
> most of those snap, crackle, pops and clicks that
> I had been hearing in sites were not iron signals.
> ..but good targets that the ground minerals were m
> asking from me. Me personally....I would have bee
> n real appreciative if somebody would have showed
> me that much sooner than when I discovered it. Thi
> nk and say what you want to about C/D's videos....
> but sometimes that's the only way you can get peop
> le to listen and understand what you are trying to
> say. You can be nice and try to tell somebody som
> ething all day long, but some times you just gotta
> be blunt and to the point. Somebody may be out th
> ere that really thinks they have the best detector
> made, based on what somebody said to them or somet
> hing they read....then see that video and their ey
> es be opened to something they never knew about, a
> nd it be a big help to them. That's how I see it
> anyway. I wasted a lot of time in my early detect
> ing days on some good sites that are not available
> to hunt any more, due to simply not knowing what I
> didn't know.

Daniel, maybe I am just old fashioned, but I just don't get where you and Cal think its alright to be "blunt" with someone about their detector being inferior to another and bash it. Did it ever occur to you guys that maybe some of us are simply content with what we swing for any number of valid reasons. Me, personally, I am waiting for a game changer and after 47 years with this great hobby, I believe I'll know it when I see it. And since I hunt with a guy about 5 days a week that swings a Nox 800, I can honestly state I have yet to see the game changer. HH jim tn
February 08, 2019 01:24AM
jim tn Wrote:

> Daniel, maybe I am just old fashioned, but I just
> don't get where you and Cal think its alright to b
> e "blunt" with someone about their detector being
> inferior to another and bash it. Did it ever occur
> to you guys that maybe some of us are simply conte
> nt with what we swing for any number of valid reas
> ons. Me, personally, I am waiting for a game chang
> er and after 47 years with this great hobby, I bel
> ieve I'll know it when I see it. And since I hunt
> with a guy about 5 days a week that swings a Nox 8
> 00, I can honestly state I have yet to see the gam
> e changer. HH jim tn

I can go to many forums and see dozens and dozens of posts asking "What is best?"...."What is better?"

Best audio...best recovery speed...best in iron...best in salt...best coin ID...best depth.....best best best better better better....rinse and repeat.

When you have that many dudes asking that many times....you get other dudes ready to answer the question.

You see his name on the topic...you know what to expect. Are you expecting an apology video? Or an AT Pro rocks video suddenly?

Not sure why people even complain or feel butthurt at his point....it's like watching the dumb kid keep turning over the same 2 wrong cards in the match game. WTF are you expecting to see this time...a different card when clicking on a Calabash topic?

I don't get it....maybe I am just too new fashioned. It's good fun from my seat in the theater.

My YouTube - [www.youtube.com]
Website - [www.thehuntergt.com]
February 08, 2019 01:38AM
Well.
I would expect the detector gent (Jim) started with 47 years ago to still be using it ?
What happened?
Did you find a game changer in the meantime?

Even Mr Dankowski states here in some posts, his choice of certain model of detector based on conditions.
Only difference is seems the knives don’t come out for Mr Dankowski when he states such things.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2019 01:39AM by tnsharpshooter.
February 08, 2019 01:38AM
TheHunterGT Wrote:
> jim tn Wrote:
> -----
>
> > Daniel, maybe I am just old fashioned, but I jus
> t
> > don't get where you and Cal think its alright to
> b
> > e "blunt" with someone about their detector bein
> g
> > inferior to another and bash it. Did it ever occ
> ur
> > to you guys that maybe some of us are simply con
> te
> > nt with what we swing for any number of valid re
> as
> > ons. Me, personally, I am waiting for a game cha
> ng
> > er and after 47 years with this great hobby, I b
> el
> > ieve I'll know it when I see it. And since I hun
> t
> > with a guy about 5 days a week that swings a Nox
> 8
> > 00, I can honestly state I have yet to see the g
> am
> > e changer. HH jim tn
>
> I can go to many forums and see dozens and dozens
> of posts asking "What is best?"...."What is better
> ?"
>
> Best audio...best recovery speed...best in iron...
> best in salt...best coin ID...best depth.....best
> best best better better better....rinse and repeat
> .
>
> When you have that many dudes asking that many tim
> es....you get other dudes ready to answer the ques
> tion.
>
> You see his name on the topic...you know what to e
> xpect. Are you expecting an apology video? Or a
> n AT Pro rocks video suddenly?
>
> Not sure why people even complain or feel butthurt
> at his point....it's like watching the dumb kid ke
> ep turning over the same 2 wrong cards in the matc
> h game. WTF are you expecting to see this time...
> a different card when clicking on a Calabash topic
> ?
>
> I don't get it....maybe I am just too new fashione
> d. It's good fun from my seat in the theater.

Hunter, what would your response be, lf you made one, had the detector he was trying to prove inferior been a T2 or a Patriot?
February 08, 2019 01:43AM
Nope......I dont expect anything different. In fact you can pretty much take out the word Garrett and put in Tesoro and you will have the same thread and posts from a month ago. The same arguments and the same opinions.
February 08, 2019 02:00AM
At series still likely good detector for the loot.
Not so much though with intro of Nox 600, priced like it is.
Does anyone here not think Garrett sales of At Series have slowed since the you know what was released?
Common sense tells me YES.
Maybe I lack common sense though.

Look at what has happened just recently.

Prices have dropped big time on other models either equal performing or even better.

At Pro not the standout it once was.
Field has become more crowded.
February 08, 2019 02:02AM
Jim,

I've seen you take some shots and do a little detector bashing yourself and it hasn't been that long ago when you done it. I guess it's only okay when you do it, and when you agree with the results. That's not old fashioned. That's actually very modernly snow flakish....as defined "over-emotional, easily offended, and unable to deal with opposing opinions".
February 08, 2019 02:05AM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> Well.
> I would expect the detector gent (Jim) started wit
> h 47 years ago to still be using it ?
> What happened?
> Did you find a game changer in the meantime?
>
>
> Even Mr Dankowski states here in some posts, his c
> hoice of certain model of detector based on condit
> ions.
> Only difference is seems the knives don’t come out
> for Mr Dankowski when he states such things.

I really don't ever recall Mr Dankowski criticizing anyone for what they swing. A BIG difference. Personally.....I have owned two AT Pro detectors. They were ok. Nothing great in my opinion. Not for what I want to do with a detector. But to tell someone else? I don't care to do that. And your Deus. It was ok. I have owned three of them through the years. Not what I wanted either. Noisy around EMI. Not worth squat in the water. No good in salt environments. I am glad you like yours.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2019 02:24AM by goodmore.
February 08, 2019 02:20AM
goodmore Wrote:
> tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> -----
> > Well.
> > I would expect the detector gent (Jim) started w
> it
> > h 47 years ago to still be using it ?
> > What happened?
> > Did you find a game changer in the meantime?
> >
> >
> > Even Mr Dankowski states here in some posts, his
> c
> > hoice of certain model of detector based on cond
> it
> > ions.
> > Only difference is seems the knives don’t come o
> ut
> > for Mr Dankowski when he states such things.
>
>
> I really don't ever recall Mr Dankowski criticizin
> g anyone for what they swing. A BIG difference.

I don’t think Calabash is critcizing anyone.
Rather a detector and how it is portrayed by some.

And if anyone recommend a detector model over another/others, aren’t they doing the same thing? Basically saying one is superior to another based on conditions.
Folks here have taken this too personal.

Go buy you some of those treasure magazines with those phony write ups in them.

Btw, I am reading here where folks are comparing EQX and Tarsacci in the field and in salt water environment.
I am not pouncing on them for what they are reporting or saying.
Indeed they are providing good feedback.
More feedback will help develop a bigger trend maybe.

Trends are exaclty what I look for. Not these one offs with folks using any particular model detector.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2019 02:30AM by tnsharpshooter.
February 08, 2019 02:34AM
Detectors are different. We are all not trying to find the same thing. We are all hunting different places in different dirt. Different levels of iron and trash. Different budgets. Different physical capabilities. And so on.....

Your buddy stinks of criticism. He thrives on the controversy it creates.

Detecting mags are dead.
February 08, 2019 02:45AM
Yeah Goodmore.
Thing is some here wouldn’t agree with him even if he is correct and they agreed with him.
Rather start attacking character.
Sound familiar.
Flip on the tube.

I like debating you Goody.

I hope all detector manufacturers make detecting greater ever again.

Btw Goodmore.
It takes at least 2 folks to indeed have a controversy.
You are one such person.
So if not for you and others. It wouldn’t exist period.
You took the bait unfortunately.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2019 02:47AM by tnsharpshooter.
February 08, 2019 03:15AM
Daniel,

I don't ever recall bashing someone else's detector, but if I did, I sincerely apologize to that person. Giving one's opinion is one thing and thats different then down right bashing, at least IMHO. Anyway, it's been a fun engagement and now I am going to stick my tail between my legs and take my snow flakish attitude out of here.

Oh, but before I do, sharpshooter, I still do have the first detector I started with back in the early 70's and I can further state I have up-graded my equipment a couple of times since. Alas, though, I still haven't found that game changer yet, but it sure seems you have. You are a lucky swinger. HH jim tn
February 08, 2019 03:27AM
Bill long Wrote:
> Hunter, what would your response be, lf you made o
> ne, had the detector he was trying to prove inferi
> or been a T2 or a Patriot?

Wouldn't honestly care Bill. I consider Calabash a friend...but don't care in the slightest about his opinion of my personal choice of detectors. I won't suddenly like brussel sprouts because he does...

I am no longer sponsored by First Texas...just a vendor of their stuff like anybody else. Yet here I am still swinging my T2...F75...G2+. They are good detectors...I mesh well with them...he will never convince me otherwise.

Just because they cannot hit a 14 inch dime like the E800 or Deus...or pass some nail test they can....does not mean I feel inferior or less of a man or less of a detectorist.

Would I like them to for the price I paid? Sure. But I paid $360 for my T2 new...and got a Patriot, G2+, Gamma, and F75+ for free from my former sponsorship.

Each one entertains me...each one is different in some way....even if 3 of them are 13khz.

All of them hit coins to 8-10 inches....which at the 100+ year old park I hunt lands me V nickels, Mercs, Buffs, and other rad crap (often at 4 inches or less). Not bad for California. I'm happy...content...and don't think about Calabash much other than to hope he is having a great day at his restaurant and out in the field.

To entertain your question directly.....I would tell him that the Patriot is $399....T2 is $499....which is basically half price of the E800/Anfibio/Deus price range.....yet those are not 2X as deep....don't have 2X the ID capabilities...actually last 2x LESS on their internal batteries...have 2X LESS the ergonomics...yadda yadda.

Step 1 to arguing with Calabash...don't care. Step 2...blah blah blah right back at him. If you don't have the gift of gab (and jab) like he does...it's an uphill battle for sure.

My YouTube - [www.youtube.com]
Website - [www.thehuntergt.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2019 03:33AM by TheHunterGT.
February 08, 2019 03:27AM
Game changer is a poor term when connected with VLF metal detectors.
Advantage is a better term.

Does some have advantages depending on detecting conditions- soil mineralization, ferrous, trash,etc
If one thinks not.
Then quite a few folks here have wasted a whole bunch of time posting on this forum. Forum owner included.

Funny thing is I usually witness what Mr Danksoksi talks about when he tests detectors and post.
Granted his public info posted on EQX is limited for obvious reasons.
But the rest he has posted about and I have used in conditions he has talked about = Bingo
And Mr Dankowski is not the only one here to post about detector models where I have seen very mirror like performance.

Hey folks can use what they want. But this shouldn’t keep folks here from discussing advantages models have over others models. Or disadvantages.

And then I reckon we could say if NO performance enhancement has been achieved in last say 5 years. We have all been taken like fools. All except you Jim. Oh wait.
Jim you didn’t buy one of those enhanced F75 units did you??

DST F75 unit offers more useable/effective depth on average site for site. My favorite of the series.

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2019 03:50AM by tnsharpshooter.
February 08, 2019 04:01AM
I say forget all this crap...

LETS MAKE DETECTING GREAT AGAIN ; )
February 08, 2019 04:18AM
Aaron Wrote:
> I say forget all this crap...
>
> LETS MAKE DETECTING GREAT AGAIN ; )

LOL

Sounds good to me. Has a nice ring to it.
February 08, 2019 05:37AM
One thing for sure---Ole Calaboose knows how to get people riled up.------(Latest) mission accomplished!!!winking smiley--------If you don't believe that---look at the # of views AND the # of responses----all within four days, no less!-------A lot of y'all "took tha bait"grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2019 05:50AM by D&P-OR.
February 08, 2019 10:45AM
I really was not going to respond to this post at all because as I said it is the same Tesoro post with the name changed to Garrett. Nothing is gained and in the end people still use the detector they want to. I don't have an affection four any Garrett product. In fact with my schedule detecting has become almost non existent. I guess the only reason I did reply and got caught up up in this mess was to acknowledge my admiration for hard work and research. The two most important and over looked keys to being successful in the hobby. I imagine in the future I will refrain from taking the bait because in the end I really don't care all that much about other people's detector choices. And the Hoover Boys do quite well defending themselves. With silence and incredible finds.
February 08, 2019 11:23AM
TheHunterGT Wrote:
> Bill long Wrote:
> -----
> > Hunter, what would your response be, lf you made
> o
> > ne, had the detector he was trying to prove infe
> ri
> > or been a T2 or a Patriot?
>
> Wouldn't honestly care Bill. I consider Calabash
> a friend...but don't care in the slightest about h
> is opinion of my personal choice of detectors. I
> won't suddenly like brussel sprouts because he doe
> s...
>
> I am no longer sponsored by First Texas...just a v
> endor of their stuff like anybody else. Yet here
> I am still swinging my T2...F75...G2+. They are
> good detectors...I mesh well with them...he will n
> ever convince me otherwise.
>
> Just because they cannot hit a 14 inch dime like t
> he E800 or Deus...or pass some nail test they can.
> ...does not mean I feel inferior or less of a man
> or less of a detectorist.
>
> Would I like them to for the price I paid? Sure.
> But I paid $360 for my T2 new...and got a Patriot,
> G2+, Gamma, and F75+ for free from my former spons
> orship.
>
> Each one entertains me...each one is different in
> some way....even if 3 of them are 13khz.
>
> All of them hit coins to 8-10 inches....which at t
> he 100+ year old park I hunt lands me V nickels,
> Mercs, Buffs, and other rad crap (often at 4 inche
> s or less). Not bad for California. I'm happy...
> content...and don't think about Calabash much othe
> r than to hope he is having a great day at his res
> taurant and out in the field.
>
> To entertain your question directly.....I would te
> ll him that the Patriot is $399....T2 is $499....w
> hich is basically half price of the E800/Anfibio/D
> eus price range.....yet those are not 2X as deep..
> ..don't have 2X the ID capabilities...actually las
> t 2x LESS on their internal batteries...have 2X LE
> SS the ergonomics...yadda yadda.
>
> Step 1 to arguing with Calabash...don't care. Ste
> p 2...blah blah blah right back at him. If you d
> on't have the gift of gab (and jab) like he does..
> .it's an uphill battle for sure.

“All of them hit coins 8-10””.....this is the kind of absolute and complete NONSENSE that feeds this self perpetuating monster. SHOW ME where you find the coin IN THE WILD,you sweep the target and CONFIRM that YES!....you think with a great deal of certainty that it’s a COIN,you dig the target carefully to show the actual depth it came from with an actual graduated measuring device....
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence! SHOW ME the group of machines mentioned each finding one of these coins you describe. Finding an 8-10” TARGET with some kind of indication of repeatability that turns out to BE a coin is WAY WAY WAY different than finding an 8-10” COIN and knowing with a great deal of certainty that it’s a coin to begin with. I really don’t believe that the majority of people hunting today or making videos have ANY idea of this notion. 99% of videos out there have absolutely NO content which ACTUALLY HELPS someone to become a better hunter or make an informed decision about machine choice. To simply state that your machine “X” can do something that most machines CANNOT is just old hat...it’s just talk. SHOW ME. I’m not attacking here HunterGT! But I would like you to back the claim.