Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

You American hunter's may want to keep any eye on this! ((DeepTech Vista -X)) 6-2-19 Airtest numbers for X (6-4-19) Vista X rundown Video and thoughts

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Sven1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> D&P-OR Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > That is kind of a sex pot lookin detector!-----H
> ow
> > much, how much?????
>
>
> How much ya will'in to pay? Think DT is deciding
>
>

Well, those look like they are all $1 bills, so thats not a problem, LOL

======================================================

You can see my videos here: [www.youtube.com]
My blog is here: [thesilverfiend.com]

Re: You American hunter's may want to keep any eye on this! ((DeepTech Vista -X))
May 01, 2019 09:05PM
mock the deeptechs all you like...

After a lot of hours on my VGG now, hunting in fields, and even digging a lot near homes,

I can hear and call a button compared to a coin by the crisp high and still getting crisp low on shanks

I can hear the crackly sound when working off the edges of object, even high tones, and know it is foil, and not a coin or button

I can hear the crackly sounds with the highs when centered on the object, find the lows on it and leave that hotrock alone

I can determine large from small iron, and pull cool iron relics....got a whopper sized wedge just this afternoon that I will be using on my logs

I have the disc set just below $1 gold coin, and dig everything clean above that. I plan to get that bucket lister yet.

...And Keith, if you don't have one of those middle carbon stems yet, I just got one...it is really nice and lets you adjust length of lower stem to wherever you want it.
Rod -------The Rod Sounds Great!!Sorry had too..grinning smiley

But yes thank's for the heads up!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Re: You American hunter's may want to keep any eye on this! ((DeepTech Vista -X))
May 04, 2019 10:12PM
Update from DeepTech, May 4, 2019

(New) 16 kHz DeepTech Vista X

So tests are still ongoing but the Vista X is doing well so far, slight delay on information coming forward due to a discrimination tweak that needed to be made but now starting full on testing again.

A couple of stand out features are the new smaller control box what people asked to be changed over the current range of Vistas, also the new coil design that is attached to the extended telescopic shaft that will be standard on the Vista X.
Other aspects are sharp audio and its ability to knock/silent out unwanted items like coke and other undesirables that may be a constant nuisance to you in the field with its strong discrimination.

It’s nice to be able to set the Alternative Discrimination up to vanish these unwanted items or if you wish set just below so you break the audio on these items instead of blanketing them out completely with the help of iron audio depending on what the items are, the choice is there to do this with the DeepTech Vista X.

To switch to alternative discrimination mode you push and hold either of the two toggle switches under the control box forward, pulling either of these toggle switches back towards you and holding then places you into all metal mode, when you release any of the toggles switches this automatically places you back into your standard discrimination search mode that you should run as raw as possible for best performance.

When in your standard discrimination mode you ideally want to set it just to break audio on iron depending on size, the Vista X will still knock out certain iron targets even on zero discrimination like the current Vista models so again this is good for people swapping to the Vista X for the new features over their current Vista model.

Performance is good on the depth and separation front and the audio is inline with the current range of Vista Machines especially the Vista Warrior with regards to tone, so people who like this will be right at home with the Vista X

As said these are on going tests and some videos will be coming hopefully Wednesday depending on weather showing some aspects of the Vista X and performance.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
May 05, 2019 05:36AM
Sven1 Wrote:
> To switch to alternative discrimination mode you p
> ush and hold either of the two toggle switches und
> er the control box forward, pulling either of thes
> e toggle switches back towards you and holding the
> n places you into all metal mode, when you release
> any of the toggles switches this automatically pla
> ces you back into your standard discrimination sea
> rch mode that you should run as raw as possible fo
> r best performance.

Both switches have the same exact function? In this case why not design one trigger in the middle that can be operated (much quicker and more comfortable) with the same hand that is holding the detector?

And wouldn't it be more practical to turn All-Metal on by setting the disc knob to its lowest position and just pulling the trigger to switch to the alternative disc? One could also push the same trigger forward (that would then stay in this position) to hunt in the second disc mode "for a while" (as an additional option).

If someone wants to hunt in AM and apply the disc only occasionally over a deep target, does he (or she) has to pull and hold the switch with the other hand and release it for a short time? That would be unnecessary complicated in my opinion (unless I misunderstood something).
May 05, 2019 06:54AM
Well, your head should be discriminator not digital processing software. Why? Because your head is best ever made computer. New is coming. Old machines are backs.
May 05, 2019 11:46AM
x2000 Wrote:

>
> Both switches have the same exact function? In thi
> s case why not design one trigger in the middle th
> at can be operated (much quicker and more comforta
> ble) with the same hand that is holding the detect
> or?
>
> And wouldn't it be more practical to turn All-Meta
> l on by setting the disc knob to its lowest positi
> on and just pulling the trigger to switch to the a
> lternative disc? One could also push the same trig
> ger forward (that would then stay in this position
> ) to hunt in the second disc mode "for a while" (a
> s an additional option).
>
> If someone wants to hunt in AM and apply the disc
> only occasionally over a deep target, does he (or
> she) has to pull and hold the switch with the othe
> r hand and release it for a short time? That would
> be unnecessary complicated in my opinion (unless I
> misunderstood something).
=============================================
I posted answering a similar question at Findmall. Since I am a two finger typer, will just copy and paste it here.
I would hate to see DT release a detector with a toggle switch that will be unfavorable. Situation like this helped cause to the downfall of the Tesoro Outlaw that was actually an excellent detector. It was released with a 3 position push button switch that most did not like, so they didn't use it.

-------------------------------------

Not being able to lock the toggle switch into all metal might be an issue for some that relic hunt. But, coin and jewelry hunters generally hunt in a disc mode with low disc setting.
Correct me if I am wrong but, most detectors with two or more tones only have this feature in a disc mode. As well as tone breaks, notching and iron volume. All metal modes are single tone. Now if anyone else thinks this might be an issue, now is the time to voice it, before, production units roll out. I wouldn't think a toggle switch change to a non-spring return to center would be an issue.

The Vista X Ziggy is testing is a pre-production unit to look for bugs and anything else that needs tweaking changing. Not the pre-production unit testers will be trying out with all the tweaks and changes. If the testers then determine the pre-production units are up to snuff the actual production units will roll out. Maybe the testers will also suggest some changes for the production units. The plus side to all this is that DeepTech announced the Vista X and some of its features ahead of final testing, letting you know a cool machine is almost ready to be launched, instead of keeping it hush hush like many manufacturers. This announcement also helps in getting feedback to them from like us forum members before production units roll out to see if any changes are warranted.......in making a better product.

But, because the disc setting goes lower into the Iron range, it would accept all metals, yet reject some ground noise and falsing that may occur in all metal mode? Now if like the Vista Gold, set the disc very low and when using two tones you will hear both iron and and non-ferrous targets allowing you to analyze what is in the ground. Turning iron volume down reduces the constant report from these targets, you know its there without being annoying. Allows you to hear two dissimilar targets near each other.

Works for me
May 13, 2019 03:33PM
Like Tom says “the meter only gives you a excuse not to dig”.

I still love using the beep and digs, especially the GOLDMAXX POWER.

I’m using the GOLDMAXX specifically for relic hunting in sites were theres LOTS of iron and I’m digging everything, really like it’s multi tones too.

I’ll be watching this new a DeepTech Vista machine closely....

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]
May 14, 2019 03:03AM
Video expected to be aired May 14th, 2AM per DT [www.facebook.com]

Works for me
May 14, 2019 10:15AM
The updated Video now on YouTube
[www.youtube.com]

Works for me
May 14, 2019 01:24PM
Nice video.

So this is a multi-tone machine. Similar to the old 1266x where you’d have dual disc toggled on the trigger.

Not sure if I like where the power switch is, reminds of the F75 dial, if you weren’t careful, it could turn on when you lay in the car.

Looks pretty cool so far....

Aaron

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2019 01:26PM by Aaron.
May 14, 2019 09:02PM
It lost any interest from me with the ancient battery pack. Haven't seen one of those for a looooong time.

Dean
bado1 Wrote:
> It lost any interest from me with the ancient batt
> ery pack. Haven't seen one of those for a looooong
> time.
>
>
> Dean

Yep, those packs suuuuck. After a couple years they fall apart. That power switch is a horrible plan too. How many times will a person knock that switch to the "off" before they lose control and smash it on the ground (or at least sell it from frustration)?

May 14, 2019 10:11PM
Great looking machine. Looking forward to trying it out. Concentric coil will be a big plus. Glad to see deeptech listened and is providing great analog machines with better options.
May 14, 2019 11:55PM
The setting on the alternate discrimination in the video was set really high in order to change the high audio tone to a low audio tone on a piece of foil. Does it have enough discrimination to discriminate out zinc pennies and screw caps?

tabman
May 15, 2019 12:24AM
Eight AA's----dual switches (one on each side) that does the same thing-----no 3rd tone----no pin point??--------That right there is enough for me that I lost any budding interest in the detector.
May 15, 2019 12:26AM
Think most questions asked will be answered by the N. American testers when they receive the Vista X and put it thru its paces. Within the next couple weeks.

Works for me
May 15, 2019 03:39AM
He had it set to slightly above 30 when it low toned Tabman. The video then ended and he didn't go down to see when the breakpoint would start.
May 15, 2019 09:26AM
Some Q's posed on April 26th
Especially interested in:

Weight
Balance
On/Off switch - solid or soft (it is prone to being knocked OFF when going backwards thru brush)
Ability to 'hover' coil as you scan without having to 'hold the shaft up' or other such imbalance...
Signal clarity
Signal intensity
Signal width
Square coil edges = anything unusual in the signals / sounds
Discrimination - can you Notch out and In easily
Ground Balance - audible with the new Threshold control
Modulated audio for deeper finds
Threshold - does it 'cut out ' cut in etc.
Roll over - does it fall over too easily or rock solid as you lay it down

Loads more Q's...but that's enough for now! Lol...

Regards

Des D

PS: saw a Price of USD $650.00 (that is $225.00 less than I had estimated?)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2019 09:29AM by Des D.
May 15, 2019 10:17AM
I read somewhere that the suggested retail price is going to be $650. WOW! That seems like a lot for a non-waterproof, single frequency, 2 audio tone with no screen detector.

tabman
May 15, 2019 03:25PM
I'm of a different opinion. It's not a bad price for what it hopefully will be - I think it could be a future 'Classic' job?

What can you get for $650.00 - Listed are a few examples and we know what they can do! The "Vista X" is an unknown???

* AT Gold 637
* EQX 649
* MX7 549
* Gold Kruzer 636
* Gold Racer Pro kit 636
* Gold Bug 599
* F70 649
* Tejon 602

Prices based on quotes as seen on a large Florida detector dealer's website
The Tejon is a non-starter. The company is gone, no more support for ones in existence. Buying one (even a new one) is a gamble because once it breaks its just a wall-hanger

Re: You American hunter's may want to keep any eye on this! ((DeepTech))
May 24, 2019 12:26AM
For some reason T-E-J-O-N comes to mind??
May 24, 2019 03:17PM
There is a slight glimmer of hope that a third party might be able to repair and even modify Tesoros. Stay tuned.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
May 24, 2019 04:46PM
lytle78 Wrote:
> There is a slight glimmer of hope that a third par
> ty might be able to repair and even modify Tesoros
> . Stay tuned.

Insider info---or just speculation Rick?????
May 31, 2019 07:00PM
...2 of them On Assignment in Canada...any word from Keith Southern's porch? Any boxes dropped off there recently? Lol...

Look FWD to hearing all about this detector...like I said before, 'Could be a future classic?'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2019 07:01PM by Des D.
May 31, 2019 08:17PM
Insider info. I tracked the guy down - at first I found an obituary for an 83 year old from same town in January - luckily it wasn’t him. the guy has recently moved and doesn’t’t Want any further disclosure till he is set up in his new place and able to describe exactly what he can offer. I have no data on his actual capabilities or quality of work, but at least he is willing and interested.

He had previously advertised mods and - I believe - repairs on Tesoros and I expect that he either had the relevant circuit diagrams or was a pretty clued in tech.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2019 08:23PM by lytle78.
Des D Wrote:
> ...2 of them On Assignment in Canada...any word fr
> om Keith Southern's porch? Any boxes dropped of
> f there recently
? Lol...
>
> Look FWD to hearing all about this detector...like
> I said before, 'Could be a future
> classic?'

Yes I have the X in my possession Des.

I'm liking it very much!! I have gotten in some good amount of field time with it and I have a ton to say and share already just need to make sure I can tell what I know so far!

I will say to me so far its the apex Deeptech in iron even( Couple of new things making this happen) and that may not of been the main goal of the unit. and to me maybe the hottest Deeptech made to date.

Man I have alot to tell!!

And Yes it has FULL disc ability!!!

Tesoro Lovers are gone to be IMPRESSED with what this brings to their style of hunting.

Plus its quality built think Shadow X5 quality feel fit and finish

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2019 08:56PM by Keith Southern.
June 01, 2019 01:30AM
Yup, Keith is correct. DT listened and finally produced a model that supersedes Tesoros.
I am sure Tesoro fans would really take to the Vista X. If they step outside the box.
Rec'd my sample this week ,had time to unbox it the night before and bench test last night.
Just wrapped my head around the disc controls and the tone settings, really liking it and how you can set up the controls......
Very sensitive to small gold nuggets in disc mode. Should be an excellent gold machine with the 5" coil in the works.
Like Keith says Full Disc. ability.

Will be getting out for some coin and jewelry hunting among the schoolyard trash this weekend. Then report back.

Works for me
June 01, 2019 09:07PM
729 for a beep and dig detector No Thanks...