Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

next vanquish clue with video

Posted by GreenMeanie 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: next vanquish clue with video
July 20, 2019 12:29AM
I just want to point out the Equinox is Multi-IQ and has selectible single frequencies.
July 20, 2019 01:15AM
You interest me strangely - so maybe “MultiIQ” - since it includes selectable singlefrequencies - means that the same label can be applied to a selectable singlefreaker with some “IQ”.

I certainly don’t know, but as someone once said - we’ll see.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
July 20, 2019 02:43AM
lytle78 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey Silverfiend - how about replying to my PM over
> on Treasurenet or my comment on your website about
> how you incorporated verbatim about 200 words of a
> post of mine on this topic into your blog without
> any credit or recognition?
>

Sorry, I wasnt aware I had a PM over there. I havent logged in to my blog page in a bit either. Let me go look over everything and I'll get back to ya.

======================================================

You can see my videos here: [www.youtube.com]
My blog is here: [thesilverfiend.com]

======================================================
July 20, 2019 04:28AM
And the critics are out in force (queue music) spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

MD-Hunter has been known to be wrong, I wouldn't put a lot of stock into their blog, it's mostly plagiarizing everyone else's posts and he frequently has language translation issues sometimes causing things to get lost in translation.

Minelab clearly stated in their latest marketing video that it will be Multi-IQ, which as their own site states is SMF.

I suspect it will be a cost reduced version of the Equinox platform with less modes and advanced settings, and perhaps not waterproof to reduce costs. Waterproof is nice to have, but 90% of the users will probably never take their detector into the water. If they can incorporate SMF Multi-IQ into a sub $500 machine that only has the park and field modes, it'll sell like hot cakes....bye bye AT-Pro and to be honest, FTP better have an ace up their sleeve too (more like a royal flush), else pay the consequence of stagnation, the Manta is too much of a niche market to make a lot of impact on their sales IMO, but FTP makes so many lower end and inexpensive detectors these days, perhaps they can continue to thrive on their sales alone.
July 20, 2019 11:22AM
I hate to sound like a know it all, but the Equinox is not exactly packed with advanced settings. It is quite a simple detector. If this new detector detector is a dumbed down version it probably just has an on/off button.

Minelab seems to be on a mission to own the market.
July 20, 2019 02:29PM
goodmore not everybody's definition of simple is the same. Some things that are simple to some are very complex to others. If a man has only used a AT PRO in his detecting career and then jumps to a Equinox he might just think its a complex unit. On the other hand a V3I ,CTX, eTrac ,Deus user. Will probably see it as a simple detector. Point being simple complex etc has different meanings to some.
July 20, 2019 03:05PM
I will add that I use the 600. Less advanced than the 800. I also spend very little time analyzing targets on the beach. If it beeps I dig it. I already treat the 600 like a beep dig machine. It works quite well doing that. Nothing really technical about it. If there was I would not use the Equinox. I would go back to BBS.
July 20, 2019 04:34PM
goodmore Wrote:

> Minelab seems to be on a mission to own the market

...it seems they're targeting 'the yeller feller'...and no one else?

Ref: the use of 'yellow' (and red = Minelab) in the video The yellow = 'yeller fella?'

I'm thinking: the 340 will have 3 x Preset programs to be determined e.g. Coins, Jewelery, relic etc
The 440 might have 5 x preset's and the 540 will have 6 x presets while a further 'flagship, the 840 perhaps might have all the bells n whistles and 8 selectable coin, coin & jewellery, park, park 2, beach, gold etc etc

(all pure conjecture on my part)
July 20, 2019 10:20PM
It's shaft is similar to a MX Sport which I didn't care for. Their first video was aimed at the Garrett Ace series this last one was aimed at the Whites MX Sport I'm pretty sure.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2019 10:40PM by 88junior.
July 21, 2019 02:42AM
That 2nd video was a pain to watch.
July 21, 2019 03:45AM
They likely outsource their advertising just like they outsource their mechanical design - heck even the actual electrical design when it comes to component and board level.

This is not criticism, just an observation.

They currently dominate serious gold nugget hunting with the GPX and GPZ. They likewise rule the high end beach scene with the Excalibur and the Deep Silver in Parks crowd with the many variations on their multifreaker platforms.

Now they have hit a home run with the Equinox.

What is left - well, about 90 percent of the whole metal detector market - everything from $100 on up, for sale online and in thousands of “Big Box” stores in North America.

This will be their next shot at that - the Go Find was supposed to launch them into the mass market, but it didn’t - this is their next shot. One notch higher - the target - Garrett and the AT series. We will see how they do.

Rick Kempf
July 21, 2019 04:53AM
goodmore Wrote:
> I hate to sound like a know it all, but the Equinox is not exactly packed with advanced settings. It is quite a simple detector. If this new detector detector is a dumbed down version it probably just
> has an on/off button.
>
> Minelab seems to be on a mission to own the market
> .

Tell that to Minelab, it's their label, not mine.
July 21, 2019 10:38AM
Anyway...no matter the color, I'll buy one and Test it out...just have to wait a bit which they are pretty accomplished at now...keeping us waiting..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2019 12:30PM by Des D.
July 21, 2019 04:23PM
After the slim control boxes on the Gold Monster and Equinox, what’s with the big control box - or am I just seeing it wrong?

Rick Kempf
July 21, 2019 07:29PM
To me it looks like a Coinmaster Pro. I would guess the larger box is to house the replaceable batteries?
[md-hunter.com]

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
July 22, 2019 01:17AM
khouse Wrote:
> To me it looks like a Coinmaster Pro. I would gue
> ss the larger box is to house the replaceable batt
> eries?
> [md-hunter.com]-
> review/

Sure hope it doesn't take two 9V batteries, I thought we were past those days?

4 AAs would work fine, most common battery and the AA rechargeables work great in detectors.
July 22, 2019 02:46AM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
> khouse Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > To me it looks like a Coinmaster Pro. I would g
> ue
> > ss the larger box is to house the replaceable ba
> tt
> > eries?
> > [md-hunter.com]
> o-
> > review/
>
>
> Sure hope it doesn't take two 9V batteries, I thou
> ght we were past those days?
>
> 4 AAs would work fine, most common battery and the
> AA rechargeables work great in detectors.
I agree.

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
July 22, 2019 08:51AM
lytle78 Wrote:
> After the slim control boxes on the Gold Monster a
> nd Equinox, what’s with the big control box - or a
> m I just seeing it wrong?

cheap msrp ...
July 22, 2019 10:28AM
Great video...was a swipe at Whites. They sell a black/yellow hat for the Whites MX Sport detector. Not sure why the direct comparison. Whites is already sunk.
July 22, 2019 09:27PM
I'll let the guys with money buy it and give their reviews. It will be compared to the Nox 1000 times over on the forums. Minelab set the bar. It will be interesting to see.
July 22, 2019 09:40PM
The recent briefing the Coçando (ML’s parent) gave the public in OZ shows the V slotted in between the X-Terra and the Nox. It soesn’t Seem to me like there is terribly much room there, but we will see. I would have expected that it would replace the X-Terra

Rick Kempf
July 23, 2019 12:57AM
A lower priced yet good performer for dollar paid is a grand idea. Cheaper or similar to At Pro yet outperforms, and is maybe waterproof.
Will be a big time seller.
More entry level and compete with Garret ace series and Fisher F series.

Maybe Minelab is trying to grab more market share. Can’t blame them.

And then there’s Simplex.

Me personally I don’t know squat about Vanquish.
But I might too depending.winking smiley
We’ll see how it performs.
So the plot thickens.

I can say this.
Minelab is watching and listening.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2019 01:10AM by tnsharpshooter.
July 23, 2019 03:40AM
Perhaps Minelab is planning to take out their competitors, one, by one. White's would be tough, although they haven't really done anything interesting in a while,yet lots of people love the MX Sport, and they still have a huge following of die hards.

FTP, I don't think they'd be that difficult, been eons since they've done anything of significant interest, fanboys are dwindling.

Garrett, tougher, but not impossible. Lot of ATP fans out there, and their not bad detectors, but the ATM wasn't a major leap forward.

If anyone can take these guys down, it'll either be Minelab or Nokta. Minelab's been doing MF/SMF detectors for decades, Nokta has yet to get a SMF out the door, but I wouldn't write them off, they've been a quick study and what they have released as by and large been successful.

Interesting times ahead thumbs down