Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tesoro did make an incredible coil! Lets see more like this again!

Posted by Rick, N. MI 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tesoro did make an incredible coil! Lets see more like this again!
July 26, 2019 12:39AM
I want to see more coils like this on detectors. It is an 8" concentric coil and is incredible light and thin.

It is unbelievable in the water swinging.

Lets see a coil like this on the Equinox.
9j by Rick Covert, on Flickr
Re: Tesoro did make an incredible coil! Lets see more like this again!
July 26, 2019 03:10PM
That is my go to coil on my Golden uMax as a lot hotter than the stock one. It also keeps the tones nice and tight to the edge of depth and not mixed.
Best all around workhorse coil made for a Tesoro IMO.
July 27, 2019 03:28AM
I have a 9" dime amongst some iron in my test garden. Of all my machines, most of which have three coils, the B2µMax/brown doughnut is the only combination that gives a clean solid dig signal in all directions. That rig is uncanny.
July 27, 2019 04:39AM
That 8" concentric is my all-round favorite Tesoro coil.

I wish other manufacturers made more concentric coils for their machines. Nokta/Makro is pretty good for that, but Minelab... they had at least one for the X-Terra series, but none for the CTX or Equinox that I know of. Concentrics just do better in some situations than DD coils do.

-Ken
July 27, 2019 06:41AM
The 8'' coil is pretty decent,but my favourite one is the 10.5'' white polo coil which is getting pretty rerae to find these days,i found brand new one maybe 2 years ago and bought for the price of a total beat up one,could sell it and make a decent profit but this one will be a keeper on my Laser B1 and B3.The 10.5'' coil is still the same sensitivity as the 8'' coil but of course the advantage is that it does give you a slight depth advantage,not much but every little helps as they say.

Only thing i did not like about my 10.5'' white polo coil is that the factory offered 2 coil cable length ie 4ft and mine is the 8ft long version which is OK i guess if you want too clip the control box onto your belt,but looks bad when all those coils wound round the step in the normal control box on the shaft configuration.
July 27, 2019 07:33PM
I take my modded Lobo ST in the water with the 8" coil. The box goes in a small backpack.

There is nothing like it for sweeping in the water.
July 27, 2019 09:17PM
would have to agree with Junk. The 10.5" white donut coil is my favorite. It is smooth running, great coverage, good depth. In thick trash run the Sensitivity knob at half and it will perform same as the 8" white coil. The brown 8" has great depth, but can be chatty on some sites. The 5.75" concentric coil is a killer in trash. Tesoro is my choice machine for Parks...easy and superb discrimination.
July 30, 2019 03:16AM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That is my go to coil on my Golden uMax as a lot h
> otter than the stock one. It also keeps the tones
> nice and tight to the edge of depth and not mixed.
> Best all around workhorse coil made for a Tesoro I
> MO.

That was Rusty Henrys favorite Tesoro coil.----I think that's saying a lot!
July 30, 2019 03:51AM
Found a lot good stuff w my old Tiger Shark and the 10.5 coil, what great machine.

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]
July 30, 2019 09:01PM
I like the 10.5 pancake Concentric on the Bandido 2umax...UNREAL on separation at depth.

The 8 Brown is a great coil too..especially on the Lobo over stock in iron.On older 10/12 khz Tesoros the Brown coil to me unnmaks better than the smaller say 4 inch coils and had way more punch.even the 5.75 C. Five pin coils dont seem to unmask as well as the 8 donut.

Now the 5.75 C. on the 4 pin Hot tech is also awesome.

DD's on Tesoros never seem to work quite right unless there on a amped up unit like a Tejon.On the others in the line they seem sort of sluggish and or noisy.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
July 30, 2019 09:24PM
Pancakes....good names for them.

HH
Mike
July 31, 2019 12:26AM
I agree. Lets see pancake coils come from other manufactures. I want one on my Equinox lol.