Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

11 inch coil vs 6 inch coil Equinox...Steve check this out

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
11 inch coil vs 6 inch coil Equinox...Steve check this out
January 08, 2020 04:30PM
I saw Steves post the other day about the 6 inch coil calling a coin iron and the 11 calling it a coin …..here is a interesting test between the two coils..TESTING
Re: 11 inch coil vs 6 inch coil Equinox...Steve check this out
January 08, 2020 05:22PM
My Little Ole' outdated Golden uMax with the 5.75" coil would hit dat' coin next to that nail all day long Ole' Cal.
Even a little Compadre can do that
[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2020 06:30PM by Harold,ILL..
January 08, 2020 05:35PM
Cal - How about a video showing the 6" vs. 11" but swinging 90 degrees from your last test. Be interesting to see how far away the nail has to be if its off the toe of the coils instead of off to the side.
January 08, 2020 06:55PM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My Little Ole' outdated Golden uMax with the 5.75"
> coil would hit dat' coin next to that nail all day
> long Ole' Cal.
> Even a little Compadre can do that
> [youtu.be]

I know Harold a Tesoro can do it all....eye rolling smiley Seems if I remember correctly the Tesoro Tejon or Vaquro stank on this test swinging across the nail first. The dime is 5 inches below the nail..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2020 06:57PM by calabash digger.
January 08, 2020 07:35PM
They are not too good in that Ole' hot ground either like Daniel has. There is something about them Tesoros though as I have made finds behind new tech machines counting the mighty Nox. I know it is hard for some of you to believe but seen it with my own eyes. All us Tesoro users known it to be true.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2020 04:44PM by Harold,ILL..
January 08, 2020 08:00PM
Tom Slick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Cal - How about a video showing the 6" vs. 11" but
> swinging 90 degrees from your last test. Be intere
> sting to see how far away the nail has to be if it
> s off the toe of the coils instead of off to the s
> ide.

I went out and tried Tom both coils had to be 2 inches away from the nail.
January 08, 2020 10:14PM
That's a 6" DD coil for you. Still to big. Field created at higher Sens. seems to hit things off to the side. Give me a 5" or even a 4" I used on my Tesoro. If I am using one its in heavy trash and use a little lower Sens. then work the coil like an eraser at small angle changes. Then just listen for the squeakers. Can't cover any ground I only go there after swinging the 11". Minelabs 11" coil has always had killer separation.
January 08, 2020 11:36PM
Calabash,

Very interesting video! Thanks for posting. Thought-provoking results. This convinces me of the need to head out to my test garden, and run the "nail/coin" targets I have buried, with my 6" coil. I haven't tested the 6" coil much (aside from a bit of purely "depth testing" immediately after I got it), and it's essentially been "unused" thus far, as I really, really like the stock 11". My buddy meanwhile has always been a fan of smaller coils, with his E-Trac (he likes the 6" Excelerator), and as such, he's been using his 6" with his Equinox lately.

Definitely interesting results, and definitely motivates me to head out to the test garden for some coil comparison testing of my own...

Thanks, Calabash!

Steve
January 09, 2020 01:07AM
Great post Cal. In my test garden I have an eagle button buried at 6” with a couple of old square nails buried with it. My t2 with the 5” coil or the 5x10 coil will not hit that button. But the stock 7x11 coil will smack it every time in all directions. I never use the smaller coils, at least for my relic hunting. Your video confirms a bit that I may not be completely out in left field.
Thanks, Bill
January 09, 2020 02:18AM
Calabash------What was your IB set on?---(or did I miss it)------We're you in FE (original) or F2 (update)?
January 09, 2020 03:17AM
F2 at 0...I have done test with different settings over the last year and it is always the same....small coil fails 3d test badly...
February 15, 2020 10:58PM
So did anybody come up with a reason that this is happening is it that both coils are compromised by the nail and the 6 just not have enough depth to hit the dime because it is seeing the nail stronger than the dime where as the 11 sees the nail and coin because it is deeper than the 6 better signal than the 6 on the dime . sube