Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Seems interesting no ones talking about the AQ anymore.....

Posted by Aaron 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Seems interesting no ones talking about the AQ anymore.....
January 30, 2020 12:04PM
I find it really ironic after years of anticipation and speculation, threads with many, many pages ALL devoted to the AQ, and finally the FTP designers get on the forum and suddenly spill all this info and the forum is nothing but “crickets”??? AND especially since FTP said it’s going to be released next month!???
Okay hmmmm.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2020 12:43PM by Aaron.
Re: Seems interesting no ones talking about the AQ anymore.....
January 30, 2020 01:18PM
I'm in patiently waiting mode. Unless some new information comes along, there isn't much to talk about.
January 30, 2020 01:43PM
After Rick was attacked for giving the best info that HE had is there any wonder???
January 30, 2020 01:58PM
Aaron,

Over on Steve H’s forum, Alexandre Tartar, the chief designer and LE.JAG the chief development tester are posting detailed information on the capabilities and operation of the AQ, including some thoughtful discussion of what capabilities the AQ would have in highly mineralized inland sites.

Whether they will post more information here is pretty much up to them.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
January 30, 2020 02:25PM
Thanks Rick, how’s the recovery going, you on the mend?
January 30, 2020 02:33PM
There is really nothing left to talk about until it releases and gets in the hands of day to day users. Everything else is just a bunch of old men at the local McDonalds squabbling with each other over who thinks who is right and wrong, and if it will or won't find rings in Hawaii from a lawn chair in Nebraska.
January 30, 2020 02:36PM
Both of my “emergegencies” have resolved themselves - I back to being a 73 year old with the usual and a few less usual signs that getting older ain’t all “beer and skittles”!

I have no new news on the AQ. They are busy nailing down what are likely dozens of niggling issues which have to be 100% right before release. I do have one tidbit however - Tom Walsh - the CEO took one of the first production machines on his Caribbean holiday in late Dec. He came back with some complaints - when the boss complains, stuff gets looked at!

Rick Kempf
January 30, 2020 03:22PM
Understood and agreed Rick, ya only get 1 shot at a first impression
January 30, 2020 06:28PM
ChrisMD Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There is really nothing left to talk about until i
> t releases and gets in the hands of day to day use
> rs. Everything else is just a bunch of old men at
> the local McDonalds squabbling with each other ove
> r who thinks who is right and wrong, and if it wil
> l or won't find rings in Hawaii from a lawn chair
> in Nebraska.

That's about the truth of it right there !!! What a crock of crap that has surrounded this detector and its release...….

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2020 06:30PM by calabash digger.
January 30, 2020 06:50PM
And folks wonder why lots of solid data on the AQ is posted on Steve H’s forum and not posted here. On Steve’s forum there have been (by my count) 18 threads started on the AQ since the first of December - two months time. Lots of them with contributions by Alexandre Tartar the designer and LE.JAG the chief development tester.

Here’s one example with a long post by Alexandre Tartar illustrating the extensive testing conducted on the AQ and its performance on the most intensely magnetic black sand known.

The photos are of a hand-held soil magnetic susceptibility meter, bags of black volcanic sand from various spots in the world, samples of hot rocks from around the world and Alexandre’s “crock” a test bed - it is one of 4 of these beds he has constructed for development and evaluation of his detector designs. It is 24” deep and the volcanic rock is 20% Fe3O4. Another one of the beds the rock can be flooded with seawater or drained.

[www.detectorprospector.com]

This is an interesting subject that few people know how to deal with even at the metal detector companies.

Impulse AQ must pass over all types of magnetic soil, fe2o3 and fe3o4.

On the other hand it will not take small gold nuggets, it is not planned for that.

The impulse gold model will be provided for this research ...

Impulse AQ does not detect below 0.1 gr / 0.2 gr, however it cuts very very hard this type of ground.

Especially in volcanic mode.

[www.zhinstruments.com]

I have enough stones from all over the world to open a stone quarry.

I was able to volcanic sand 10 times more intense than the most difficult of my volcanic stones.

Rick Kempf

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2020 07:21PM by lytle78.
January 30, 2020 08:11PM
Kind of tough to talk about it when only one person has it and clammed up after being ridiculed.

Realistically I think it's to the point where we've seen all the claims from the beta testers and inventor, so now it's time for the rubber to hit the road when (????) it finally gets in the hands of consumers in the field to report their findings.

I hope it turns out to be the cats meow of beach detectors, heck it could even convert me into a beach detector with Santa Cruz and Half Moon Bay a stones throw away thumbs down
January 30, 2020 08:36PM
Agreed....If it does ending up being all that and a bag of chips, I’ll be one of Ricks first customers. I’d love to take it to a lake I hunt that’s full of rusty nails. But, how long till the bugs are worked out,,,,who knows?
January 30, 2020 09:03PM
What you call solid data Rick I call marketing fluff until it gets a run in the real world...….like I said what a crock of crap.

1...Man been blabbing about a unit for two years and then gets one and claims he cant give any info on unit BECAUSE he has never reviewed a unit......Although he had been reviewing the unit for two years..

2... First Texas sent the first so called production unit to someone who was unwilling or uncapable of reviewing it....WHY in the world would a company do such a dumb thing? Oh yeah and it turned out not to be a production unit.....I heard through the rumor mill Rick had to send it back...

3... I find this a really interesting clown show of a release...…

4 ….. When your setting here next year still talking about the release of the AQ dont say I didnt tell you so.....

5.... I really dont care one way or the other because it will not fit my hunting style but I cant stand someone to try and bull crap me...

6... A multi thousand dollar beach unit in todays market! Can you say they ARE GONNA GO BROKE???

7 ...That is the end of my rant about this topic

On a serious note Rick I hope your doing well ….

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2020 09:09PM by calabash digger.
January 30, 2020 09:19PM
CB - thanks for the good wishes. I am doing about as well as I was before I took my grand tour of Banner Baywood Hospital - my two problems were critical but not likely to recur.

As to your other comments - you state your case with vigor! But here are a couple of thoughts of my own.

I fail to see how Alexandre’s documentation of his test set up qualifies as marketing fluff. Likewise LE.JAG’s reports of his success with the AQ.

As far as my AQ - I did send it back, and you probably didn’t need a rumor to tell you since I posted the information elsewhere. It seems that they weren’t happy having any of the three early production units that they had sent out (including one to the CEO - Tom Walsh) being “out in the wild” when they couldn’t pass the remaining certification tests which all customer units will have to pass.

Perhaps they sent to to me because they like me - and much more likely - because I am collaborating on the user manual for it. While I make no claims of being an ACE beach hunter, I have owned and used about five different PI detectors and used them at the beach and inland. I consider myself well qualified to document my experience with the AQ’s operation, controls and its audio feedback and will do so in my inputs to the user manual. As far as being a field tester of a beach machine, there are many others far more qualified and they will all be eager to report when they get their hands on one.

As far as whether a beach machine costing more than 2k $ will be a sales success, I can only say that I have a list of 25 folks who have requested priority when I become an Impulse dealer. Hopefully in the near future.

Your string of classy finds in the low country are most impressive.

Rick Kempf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2020 09:28PM by lytle78.
January 30, 2020 10:38PM
Rick your patience knows No Bounds!!
January 30, 2020 10:57PM
So was glad that Tom was contacted and will get an opportunity to get one. Now will that be a week before the machine hits the street? If not then we may still have some month’s to wait on it. Toms had close ties with Fisher.... but they apparently feel his input isn’t needed. Now for a what if.... what if he gets one just before the roll out but can’t talk about it? Took what ....2 years for him to be allowed th pass us some good info on the Nox. Let’s hope this one’s different since he hasn’t been apart of the development.
January 31, 2020 12:44AM
January 31, 2020 02:04AM
Tnss = I was wondering about your choice of videos - but then about at 1:25 all was revealed - “Take it easy boys”!

Rick Kempf
January 31, 2020 03:00AM
I thought a spelling contest sounded pretty good here in this thread. Would definitely be less boring.

Actually the more I think about it, this forum lacks humor. So I was trying to add some humor here in this thread.

Rick, also glad to hear you got your medical problems solved.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2020 03:05AM by tnsharpshooter.
January 31, 2020 06:03PM
I seriously doubt Fisher is hanging by a thread here..... they have a very good reputation. I also doubt they are staking every thing on what Rick calls a niche machine. I dont know the CEO Tom Walsh, but i assume he lives in El Paso but detects? So he took it on vacation to do some beach hunting and comes back with issues the testers missed? Hopefully it was just things he felt could be better not how it performed. If he dosnt detect.... even worse. Otherwise ..... i see more delays. Getting toward Summer time frame...... down here a lot of times people put up those PIs and grab a VLF they can cover more beach with. Ive still got my fingers crossed this machine wont be the normal PI...... and will replace those VLFs. One question for those who buddy hunt....... how far away do you think you may have to get from each other to hunt? To far, and you best figure out how to hunt so you dont miss targets that a VLF might get covering more water. We have been waiting for more than a couple of years now...... anyone wonder how many detector sales are on hold?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2020 10:04PM by dewcon4414.
cdv
January 31, 2020 06:51PM
Dew, I asked the question awhile ago about the distance between two (AQ) machines .....and no one did answer that one.... probably because there have never been two of them rare birds in the same place...…If anything like the ATX, there won't be many operating vlf's close to an AQ.

Cliff
January 31, 2020 09:33PM
Thatnks Cliff ... that’s why I ask since we hunt together occasionally. Put two together..... and we could be 20 yards apart. Miss a lot of gold if you dont over lap..... something we do pretty well together.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2020 10:06PM by dewcon4414.
February 01, 2020 11:52AM
Thanks Rick. Look forward to a dream becoming production reality. We need more patience, not fuel to a haters fire.
February 01, 2020 12:45PM
Someone we havent heard from in awhile........ Carl. I know he thought FEB was the target month....... Carl is it still? Has there been more delays on getting it certified...... or is it just taking longer to produce than thought? I didnt know Tom Walsh detected from his bio he seems wayyyyy to busy? He must have a lot of interest in this machine to actually grab one up and hit the beach. I know Fisher sells detectors world wide...... but this one seems to be getting more over seas attention. Is it because of the designer...... OR because we have followed this machine so closely thru the process? The hold up seems to be ....overseas not state side sales.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2020 01:19PM by dewcon4414.