Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tarsacci ground balance reading and salt balance my property

Posted by texkinzee 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tarsacci ground balance reading and salt balance my property
June 13, 2020 11:29PM
GB 875 Salt 50. Hot dry dirt and Cold (Rock base) Switched to Disc. mode. Very noisy in Mix and All metal modes.Threshold -2, sensitivity 5. Was able to pick up all my targets with a good repeatable sound.
Re: Tarsacci ground balance reading and salt balance my property
June 14, 2020 01:36AM
So far so good George! I’m guessing you were using the 6.4kHz for your deep silver, brass targets?

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2020 01:41AM by Aaron.
June 14, 2020 09:04AM
Yes Sir. This is my better ground.Can't wait to survey my permissions. I will have to up the frequency a bit to find some small low coductive pewter buttons .
To dry to dig but I will plot any good targets and dig them at a later date.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2020 09:14AM by texkinzee.
June 14, 2020 09:33AM
You must have that Ole' Hot ground like Daniel and Keith Southern.
June 14, 2020 09:37AM
Worse.This is my "good ground" Harold. LOL
June 14, 2020 04:11PM
If the unit is noisy in mix mode, something needs tweaking a bit. Where is it noisy at...giving false signals nearly every sweep? If that be the case, check and see which ID numbers frequently pop up on the screen that are causing the falses. I just about bet it is those positive 28, 29, 30 numbers. If you look on page 65 of the On the Horizon thread you will find me complaining about the same thing and the suggestions to remedy it. I didn't know how the notch disc worked on the machine above the iron reject. Putting the disc on +30 will silence +28, +29, +30. That's where the majority of the falses were on my machine. Doing that along with a proper GB and SB, made my machine smooth and relatively quiet even in the highest mineral soil and fertilizer laden soil.

Good luck with the machine. It is a great one but it does have a learning curve to it. It's the only machine I have left in my arsenal. But right now the only thing I am doing is fishing. I am addicted to fishing for trout and catfish in all my non working time. Trout by day, cats by night. Quarantine got me spoiled being able to fish any time I wanted. It's been a real bummer going back to work and immediately running into 60+ hr weeks.
June 14, 2020 04:34PM
Thanks Daniel. I'm heading to the river now in search of some Big Wizkers.
June 14, 2020 05:23PM
George, I noticed your salinity is wide open. Take advantage of the salinity by tailoring it to your ground. Before ground balancing, set the sensitivity, and don’t underestimate the Tarsaccis power! In your hot ground starting at 6 may be a good idea till you get used to it. Then set your salinity. Start by setting your salinity at 35, now sweep the coil over the noisy ground and slowly raise the salinity, starting from 35. Keep slowly raising the salinity under until the noise begins to dissipate and disappear, (Keith prefers to pump the coil). Also, experiment with the black sand off and on. Also, try lowering your threshold too.
Theres a lot of tricks to learn with the Tarsacci!
Checkout out this video on Salinity Balance for more details....

[m.youtube.com]

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]
June 14, 2020 07:23PM
OK thanks.