Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Any one have a loaner Tarassacci metal detector I could try?

Posted by 88junior 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Any one have a loaner Tarassacci metal detector I could try?
July 15, 2020 08:30PM
I just can't bring myself to spending that amount of money and be worried that it and I won't click. So if anyone has one that would let me borrow it to try it out I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks Morgan
Re: Any one have a loaner Tarassacci metal detector I could try?
July 15, 2020 10:23PM
88junior Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just can't bring myself to spending that amount
> of money and be worried that it and I won't click.
> So if anyone has one that would let me borrow it t
> o try it out I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks Mor
> gan

Morgan,
You know you bring up a good point actually.
How about a unit called a floater unit.
Where person who wants to try pays shipping.
Keeps certain period.
Then ships to whomever say (Aaron) designates to be next person in line to try.

Person would have option of buy at end of their test period in they desire.

Naturally would only be open to folks here who have been members here for some period who are deemed “trusted”.

This subject was brought up here so e time ago, can’t remember if it were geared to a certain detector model though.

Sounds like a good way to give a model some face time by more different folks and yes their feedback they post could help others too.

Might even want to add in a little cost in addition to shipping costs. To cover unit depreciation.

Definitely better than paying full price and then one decides unit not for them.

Probably what I am saying is actually more like renting a Tarsacci for a period.
A month I think would do. Surely.

Just my 2 cents on the matter.

Folks here could talk it over on what would be a good price plus shipping to posses and use detector on and off for a month (period) could even be debated and shortened somewhat.

This covid 19 could be a factor that may make this a bad idea too.

Cheers.
Just trying to help.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2020 10:28PM by tnsharpshooter.
July 15, 2020 11:45PM
I think Tom did that with a Nokta detector some time back.---The machine was shipped around to several people to try out & then report back on.---Sounds like a good idea to me if a person is interested in that detector.----You would want to make sure they were well versed on how to set it up etc.
July 16, 2020 12:45AM
The 'loan instructions' would need to state it must remain as-supplied ... knowing the enthusiasts on here, it would end up being returned with a longer carbon shaft, cordless headphones, bigger external battery, counter-balance weights, bits cut off the coil, new armcup, probably more.

( it seems to be happening to the few ImpulseAQ's out there, going by what I see on DetectorProspector forum )
July 16, 2020 02:09AM
Hey Morgan all we have to do is meet up one day.

Don In Ringold has one and wants to meetup also.

Maybe a group hunt is on order!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2020 02:12AM by Keith Southern.
July 16, 2020 12:51PM
Yeah a group hunt would be nice but I think it would take a while longer to know for sure if the Tarassacci detector is for me or not.
July 16, 2020 01:02PM
I would like to borrow one until winter LOL
July 16, 2020 01:22PM
Now why would anyone who sells these want to do that? Not certain 1 loaner would bump up sales. Then you have those who just don’t like the machine or just want to do a lopsided comparison and of course the influencers. Oh let’s not forget.... they would be sending a $1500 machine to an unknown person.... I get antsy sell one even. How many other companies do this and they sell a ton more machines.
July 16, 2020 02:52PM
I do not know of any metal detector Mfr that sends out a brand new unit...… for you to test...…. just to see if you may like it (or not).

There is a brand new Lamborghini that I would like the manufacturer to send me...…. to test-drive...…...for about a week...…..to see if I like it...…...enough to where I might want to buy it!

Yes...…. I did circulate a Nokta/Makro Racer-2......and a CF-77.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,. of which I never got back.
July 16, 2020 03:13PM
I would love to see Ole' Cal run one through his world famous test garden.
July 16, 2020 03:28PM
Besides all the other good points Dew & Tom have made, I find it curious how people think Tarsacci should send out a test unit because they’re not being sure of it. How many people on this forum alone, have cash just burnin holes in their pockets, waiting to spend $1500.00 on the Impulse? And....there is relatively very little information out there on it, from regular ‘Joe” users? If you go on YouTube there’s dozens of videos from people like Keith and I showing how to run the Tarsacci. We’re doing this to actually help shorten the learning curve on the machine, because we know how long it takes to learn the MDT language, (about 30-40hrs). Usually around 20hrs, the light starts coming on. The MDT’s language is nothing like you’ve ever experienced before on a detector. It is complex, and rich in information, again takes TIME, PATIENCE and DISCIPLINE to learn.

Aaron

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]
July 16, 2020 06:07PM
I want an AQ, Tom wants an AQ.... EVERYONE wants one they could just get their hands on to see if they want to buy it. I like Demitar, hes done some brilliant design work getting the MDT out and has more ideas id like to see happen........ BUT, ya think i want ya on my beach with one lol? I think Nox people can understand. I really enjoy now that you can see more and more videos about detectors many done very well and sharing them on line both on FB and the forums you get to ask a lot of questions. With on line sales increasing ...... one of these days, coming soon this seems the way we will have to make our purchase decisions... looks like big box places like Amazon and even sporting goods stores are reaching out. Hands on even at a dealer maybe a thing of the past.
July 17, 2020 12:13AM
That's funny junior. Have you done this with every detector you have owned? Ha! no way

I just purchased one. Used it on the salt beach for about 8 hours broken up in 3 days. Found a guys wedding ring that he lost in the dry, white gold 5 diamonds. .. . it was 8" deep as a recent drop, that's deep.... got it back to him. Dug a fine gold chain while searching for the guys ring. Found a silver lady's ring in the wet, and dug a big silver chain with a pendant on it. .. . looked like a Guido's chain. I sent RodPa the pics. The junk was bottle caps, many a foot+ deep, pop tabs, sun glasses and wads of aluminum........not one piece of iron, that kind of blew me away. I'm happy with it. Took the leap after a few trusted fellows on here said it's the cats meow, I believed them.

Who was the last user of Tom's CF 77?
July 17, 2020 02:28AM
Ozzie, were any of the bottle caps iron?
July 17, 2020 02:34AM
I just need one person to test it.Calabash Digger.
July 17, 2020 08:48AM
I had no idea the loaner test machine had not been returned. I had wondered why that project had came to an end though. That upsets me not just a little, but a lot. I can't stand a thief. Is there anyway of finding out who kept it? I would like to know, if for nothing else but to add a name to my list for never doing a transaction with.

The videos and posts the guys have made on the Tarsacci are an invaluable resource to newer users. When I first saw and used it, we had no idea what we were doing or how to set it. We had mediocre results at best. The machine seemed very erratic and unstable to me until I just happened on doing the salt balance in a farm field...and bam. Instant difference. That was something not in the manual...the early users have kinda cleared the way and made the learning curve shorter for those who are getting one now. There's still things that we've not discovered as of yet, as we are all still learning. But even still...it's still not a machine that you can pick up, try a few settings and be instantly off and running at optimal performance.
July 17, 2020 09:24AM
ozzie Wrote:

> Who was the last user of Tom's CF 77?

I was.

I waited to have someone else asked to have it shipped to them to try out, but since I was fairly 'late in the game' to test it, I guess by then the interest / 'new' had worn off.

I had also contacted Macro to have them replace a bad coil to continue testing, but they never sent it.

So it's been sitting with my other detectors just waiting for someone to ask to test it.

I have already contacted Tom to arrange to have it shipped directly to him, instead.
July 17, 2020 09:54AM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> I had no idea the loaner test machine had not been
> returned. I had wondered why that project had came
> to an end though. That upsets me not just a little
> , but a lot. I can't stand a thief. Is there anywa
> y of finding out who kept it? I would like to know
> , if for nothing else but to add a name to my list
> for never doing a transaction with.
>

Daniel,
I suspect the real reason the CF-77 (don't know about the Racer2) project came to an end, was that no one else asked to test it, and the thread died out.
I tested the machine, then carefully cleaned it up and put in new lithium batteries for the next guy, and also tried (unsuccessfully) to have a bad coil replaced.

No one was interested. I suspect some other/newer models had/have caught everyone's attention and the poor old CF-77 became 'old news'.
If you like, you could have just looked up the info in the loaner thread .... all the information is still there.

As I mentioned in the previous post, I have already contacted Tom directly to get his shipping info, so that I can send it to him .... rather than wait any longer to see if there's any other member interest in testing the CF-77.
(It's pretty obvious by now, that there must not be any interest at all .... the newer machines are the only thing on anyone's radar, it seems.)

mike
July 17, 2020 11:33AM
Nope I have never tested a detector before purchasing it. But I also have never paid 1500 bucks for a machine that is just to big of a risk for me. I am sorry I even asked to see if someone has one to loan out. Some of the responses I've gotten on this post seems to question my honesty and character. Tom you can go ahead and delete this post I am no longer interested in the Tarassacci.
July 17, 2020 11:33AM
Shakydigger Wrote:
> Ozzie, were any of the bottle caps iron?

Good point, Shakydigger.
It does depend on how much iron there is in the making of the caps to consider them ferrous. My guess is that you are correct. .. . . that they are steel...and they do give a high tone. This machine is excellent on plain iron and will read well below 0 to -30. It mostly comes in at -28, -24, on mine. I should also add that the ID number is in the teens on these caps, it varies.
I'm still learning the unit with only about a total of 8 in the salt and 9 inland.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2020 11:40AM by ozzie.
July 17, 2020 12:37PM
The Racer was 'given' to digwr27...….. of whom used it a fair amount...… after his extensive use of the F70. I had told him.....he could keep the Racer if it really started to 'click' with him. From this point...forward...…….. I don't remember if he moved......stopped detecting...…..or a life-changing event took place. Status is still 'unknown'; yet, poses no problems.

As far as the CF77...……. I do recall a bad coil problem...…… and a holding-pattern 'waiting' process for a new/replacement coil. The 'wait'..... turned into a "forgot" status! I would have liked to see the CF77 circulate some more...… but certainly NOT with a bad coil!!! Since then...… technology has improved. From/with Nokta/Makro. . . . and from other companies. Mike in CO...….. is NOT in any bad standing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Morgan: DO NOT REGRET!!! Your question was a very simple/valid question. It's just that...…. the Tarsacci is a fairly heavily controlled commodity. It is the 'launch' of a (sort of) new/start-up company.
And...…….truthfully...……..I'm not so sure it's a 'money' thing. It is more in line with "new technology" and "new audio communications skillset/learning-curve"! New ball-game! I say 'probably not because of money'...….. because...……. there have been TONS AND TONS of sales of the CTX...… which is $2500.00...…… and the $7000.00 Minelab GPZ.
Keep in mind: The Tarsacci WAS going to have a $8000.00 price-tag; yet, we decided to "get the corporate name out"...…….. and are taking-a-hit with the current price of the Tarsacci….. (of which.....we may have to raise the price in the near-future)…… even though sales are rather brisk.
July 17, 2020 06:06PM
88junior Wrote:
> Nope I have never tested a detector before purchas
> ing it. But I also have never paid 1500 bucks for
> a machine that is just to big of a risk for me. I
> am sorry I even asked to see if someone has one to
> loan out. Some of the responses I've gotten on thi
> s post seems to question my honesty and character.
> Tom you can go ahead and delete this post I am no
> longer interested in the Tarassacci.

I can vouch for Morgan (88junior) that he is an honest and honorable man.----I don't think any of this was intended to question your character Morgan.---It's just that people look at this subject in different ways.-------Del
July 17, 2020 07:27PM
I certainly didn’t. I apologize if my comments made you feel that way.
July 17, 2020 07:49PM
88junior Wrote:
> Nope I have never tested a detector before purchas
> ing it. But I also have never paid 1500 bucks for
> a machine that is just to big of a risk for me. I
> am sorry I even asked to see if someone has one to
> loan out. Some of the responses I've gotten on thi
> s post seems to question my honesty and character.
> Tom you can go ahead and delete this post I am no
> longer interested in the Tarassacci.

Don't feel bad 88junior they will not send me one either to test.
July 17, 2020 08:15PM
I'd like to see you test one against the E800 & Deus Calabash----Buy one, you're a rich young fella!---If you don't like it you should easily be able to sell it.----calabash digger Wrote:
> 88junior Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Nope I have never tested a detector before purch
> as
> > ing it. But I also have never paid 1500 bucks fo
> r
> > a machine that is just to big of a risk for me.
> I
> > am sorry I even asked to see if someone has one
> to
> > loan out. Some of the responses I've gotten on t
> hi
> > s post seems to question my honesty and characte
> r.
> > Tom you can go ahead and delete this post I am n
> o
> > longer interested in the Tarassacci.
>
> Don't feel bad 88junior they will not send me one
> either to test.
July 17, 2020 08:34PM
Well I am going to try and get together with Keith and let him give me the run down on the Tarassacci and I'll be able to get a idea if it is for me.
July 18, 2020 03:37AM
Now that’s awesome, Thanks Keith!