Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

cz-3d

Posted by jmaryt 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
cz-3d
September 24, 2008 03:43AM
tom!
i am interested in perhaps obtaining a "new" cz-3d from f.t...i am wondering if you have been in contact with them to determine if they are "calibrating" the detector properly BEFORE they are shipped,or is this step NOT necessary in your view?..failing that,would you be willing to "calibrate" the detector if it was determined that adjustment is necessary?..thanks!

j.t.
Re: cz-3d
September 24, 2008 10:05PM
I've had heavy contact with fisher about this issue approx 1-1/2 years ago. Many things have changed since then...... including location of build. I'm uncertain about current CZ-3D status. ..... If you acquire a new one....and you feel it is not up to '3D' spec's, sure (time permitting) I could calib the unit.
September 25, 2008 01:25AM
hi!..tom!
where ARE they being built now?..thanks for the kind offer!..i believe you have posted the criteria for checking the (d) in another post..if i decide to purchase,i will use the information from the post to determine if the unit is calibrated properly,and if it is NOT,then i will shoot an e-mail to you to discuss it further!.. again!..thanks for the kind offer!

regards!
j.t.
September 25, 2008 09:14PM
They're made in Mexico now. Ironically, the internals are quite solid.
September 26, 2008 02:14AM
hi tom!
in your experience,can i "get away" with a "moderate" sweep speed,and NOT lose depth?..i have a tendency to sweep rather quickly!..that is good news on the quality of the detector!..5 years is a long time!

j.t.
September 26, 2008 10:53AM
No depth loss with a moderate (or fast) sweep speed with the 3D. As with any CZ (and most detectors)...... it is ID accuracy that can suffer IN BAD GROUND....if the sweep speed is too fast. The Coin$trike was interesting..... in the fact that it was measurably LESS affected (for ID accuracy) with a faster sweep-speed.....in bad ground.

And..... as with any detector....... with two adjacent targets that are fairly close to each other,,,,,, a faster sweep speed..... and the two targets will not audibly seperate....... and you will only hear one of the two targets.......... giving the operator only one target to choose from. This is one of the primary reasons as to why we can hunt the so-called "hunted out" spots..... and still produce.
September 27, 2008 01:49AM
hi tom!
very true!..in trash one must "slow" down to maximize the detector's ability to "separate" adjacent targets!..in your experience does this also apply to the f-75?..i have very limited experience with mine,however i have read "tons" of posts indicating that one can sweep quickly even in high trash with excellent results with the standard 11" coil,as well as the 6" coil!..comment?..thanks!

j.t.