Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

new coil to Detech 13 "

Posted by Denari 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
new coil to Detech 13 "
January 18, 2012 05:39AM
very similar to the NEL and more expensive 12x13 "
[www.detech-metaldetectors.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2012 05:40AM by Denari.
Re: new coil to Detech 13 "
January 19, 2012 04:34PM
Interesting .....I would like to hear of some real world hunts with it .....Jim
January 19, 2012 07:24PM
I just ordered the 12X13 NEL for my E-Trac last week! It will be my "stock" coil. Gets another 1.5" I bet they are really close in testing but this new Detech coil is slightly lighter.

I'm curious to how this one does. The NEL's are getting great reviews and it's basically the same design. I would doubt (I hope) that it can be substantially better. (Note the word hope ;-)
January 19, 2012 07:43PM
earthmansurfer,
Let us know how you do with this coil .....If you get another 1.5 " and it's lighter than the stock coil , I'd surely be interested ...Who did you order it from and what was the cost if you don't mind me asking ...Thanks, JIm
January 19, 2012 08:27PM
Hey Jim, The 12X13 NEL isn't lighter than the stock, it is slightly heavier (like 590 grams compared to 530 or so, pretty negligable.) What I meant was this new Detech coil is lighter than the NEL.
I will be making comparison videos to the stock coil on deeper targets, weather allowing. Also have a 15X17 NEL on the way that I will play with also. Fun, fun,

I ordered it on ebay direct from the manufacture. They are 226 plus 25 shipping (international). I hear no bad things about ordering from them.
Albert
January 19, 2012 10:19PM
Here a 15x17 NEL for the Etrac...gonna cost you 3 bills though....OUCH!

[www.ebay.com]

My suggestion would be to pound your area with your biggest coil (and it better be a wide open, not trashy, area with a coil this big or forget it), in my case my SunRay 12" then go for a bigger coil like the above. Just way to big of a an investment.

I would like to compare what Detech has in this size and what it weighs/costs???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2012 10:20PM by Aaron.
Albert
January 20, 2012 01:48AM
You are a real asset to us and the other forums. All the work you do with your videos and teachings are greatly appreciated. Thank you.
January 20, 2012 02:13AM
Thansk for the info guys .....Much appreciated .....Jim
Re: Albert
January 20, 2012 12:42PM
possum mo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You are a real asset to us and the other forums.
> All the work you do with your videos and teachings
> are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Thanks Possum (I think you were talking to me cause I have made a lot of educational videos regarding detecting, if not, oops!). Honestly, doing them helps me so much as well. I get great feedback, I get people coming out of the woodwork telling me their experiences, I get critiquing on my technique. It has really worked out well for everyone.

You are very welcome,
Albert
jrk
January 20, 2012 01:43PM
Very much looking forward to this vid Albert. I've always contemplated a larger coil for my ET.

Randy