Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

some of my finds this year.

Posted by seeker41 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
some of my finds this year.
August 18, 2012 12:04AM
i have not been finding many gold rings at all!!!! here on the east coast with sanded in conditions and wave action gold rings are sinking out of range very quickly!!! everyone i talk to say that they are doing the same and some say this is there worst year of hunting as far as gold rings go ever!
living here has its benifits, you get to see scenes like this following picture almost daily. not to mention the shooting stars seen from the beach while hunting and the rainbows and double rainbows during and after alot of thunderstorms. last night the water when agitated by waves, my scoop, a fish taking off or any movement at all would "light up"/luminate it was flat out beautiful and if anyone knows the reason for this i would love to here it!!!!!

on one recent hunt this solid wooden globe washed in with the tide, i thought it was a bowling ball at first until i got close enough to see it at night.

found my first fake spanish coin, its gold colored and looked real good in the scoop for about 1/2 a second!

heres a 10kt gold bracelet with fake stones and a plated tiffany & co. bracelet.

here is a group pic of alot of stuff i have not posted yet,the rings at top are plain tungsten or titanium or just junk but they look pretty good. chains are silver .

the following pic is of all the gold ive found, the cross necklace was a thrift store find for one dollar. three of the rings are titanium or tungsten but the diamonds are real!!!!

the rings. golg rings are 10kt,14kt and 18 kt.

a very cool snake ring with crystal stones.

awesome skull and crossbones ring i bought for myself at a thrift store.

heres a very nice and expensive movado watch i found. i also found another watch worth $4,000.00-$9, 000.00 but i am trying to return it, if i cant i will post pics of it later.

hunted three different beaches yesterday, three hours at beach one got some clad,silver and junk earrings. three hours at beach two got the same, each of the first two beach's had very few targets and all were very deep. 5 hours last night at beach three had alot more targets and i managed to get this infant/babys ring, my smallest ring ever and its 18kt.

sorry for the multiple pics but i have been lazy about posting after each hunt. i will try not to do a long post like this again, hope all are doing well and getting some gold!
chuck.
Re: some of my finds this year.
August 18, 2012 12:27AM
Some good finds there Seeker. Where on the East coast are you? I've just simi retired and think about moving to a coastal area. Probably NC or SC. I worry about all the flat land (I've lived in the Appalachian mountains all my life) and swamps and mosquitos :-) When I look at maps of the coastal areas of the eastern US, it seems there is a lot of flat swampy areas around. I would like some hilly terain close to the coast if thats even possible in these two states.

Keep up the good work!
August 18, 2012 12:35AM
WTG Chuck!
That a lotta loot and some great finds!
Congrats!
August 18, 2012 12:37AM
connortn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Some good finds there Seeker. Where on the East
> coast are you? I've just simi retired and think
> about moving to a coastal area. Probably NC or SC.
> I worry about all the flat land (I've lived in
> the Appalachian mountains all my life) and swamps
> and mosquitos :-) When I look at maps of the
> coastal areas of the eastern US, it seems there is
> a lot of flat swampy areas around. I would like
> some hilly terain close to the coast if thats even
> possible in these two states.
>
> Keep up the good work!

spacecoast florida!!!!!! nc or georga foothills might be nice!
August 18, 2012 12:38AM
Good find's ...

Good luck on returning the watch...

Very admirable..you will be rewarded with great finds for every unselfish deed you do I am a firm believer in that...

Keith
August 18, 2012 01:42AM
Seeker,
Those are all good finds in my book! And yes, I think thrift store gold counts as Treasure!!!!!
Really liked the pictures.
Good luck returning the watch. Hope you get a reward!

HH
Mike
August 18, 2012 08:01PM
Very nice finds....like the snake ring too.....hope the big one comes your way!!! gl and hh
August 19, 2012 12:30AM
Just wondering.. Are you detecting the beach sand or are you
Detecting in the water?

Job well done.

Thanks

Joe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2012 08:11AM by wolfau.
August 19, 2012 01:05AM
Hey Seeker 41 I've made about eight trips out to the beach this summer from central FL, two to your area. You're right it's been a dismal year. Scored one whole piece of gold jewelry, one plated, junk and clad. Even the few times there's been erosion it's shallow and not really productive. Looks like you've still made some really good finds though considering conditions! Wish I could spend more time on the beach. Happy hunting!
August 21, 2012 06:28PM
That's alot of jewelry for sanded-in conditions. Nice finds.

Detecting since Feb, 2010
E-trac with 18"x15" SEF, 13" Ultimate coil, Pro coil, Minelab 8" coil, 4.5"x7" SEF, Sunray target probe
CTX3030 with 17"x13" DD coil, 11" DD coil
August 21, 2012 06:37PM
Hi Seeker.

What brand of detector are you using out there?

Its tough finding gold now. Everybody's poor and can't afford gold anymore.

No one has a job and gold prices are sky high.

Its no wonder finds are thinning out.
August 21, 2012 07:31PM
smudge Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Seeker.
>
> What brand of detector are you using out there?
>
> Its tough finding gold now. Everybody's poor and
> can't afford gold anymore.
>
> No one has a job and gold prices are sky high.
>
> Its no wonder finds are thinning out.

smudge, im using an excal with 10 inch coil and a cz6a with 10.5 inch coil. i see lots of people wearing good looking jewelry and rings!!!!! the rings are being lost they just sink out of range before being found due to sanded in/ unsuportive sand conditions!!!
chuck.
August 22, 2012 10:53AM
Chuck,
I think what we are seeing ( and this is a guess ) is more and more unexplained weather conditions, and also the fact that less and less people are going on vacation, so you have less and less recent drops .. The recent drops that you do have , need to scapped up rght away since here lately we have had nice sunny weahter part of the day , and a turbulent rain storm the next 1/2 of the day .....or vice versa ......... There's only short time frame to get to the goodies before a storm comes along and drops them down to where you can't get at them ..... I've noticed far less finds even in the dry sand ......This is why I say that there are less and less people frequenting beaches, and add to that the fact that everyone is a lot more concious of what they are wearing as far as jewelry goes with all the crimes being committed as of late ..... ..... Jim
August 22, 2012 10:53PM
jim, you make some good points!!!!! my experience is that i see lots of bling on everyone! recently a girl came up to me in the water and said "you see this", pointing to a tan line on her thumb "i just lost my $400.00 Tiffany ring out there.! pointing to her other thumb she said,"its just like this one so if you find it more power to you!!!" we chatted for a while(she was cute)and she the went back out to the area where she lost the ring and continued playing! this happens way more than the people i see that check themselves for missing jewelry after seeing me.
the dry sand, especially the towel line is hunted much harder by many more people than the waist deep water from what i have seen. i used to think people were not wearing there jewelry and that was the main reason for lower ring counts
but now i blame the lack of finds on sand more than anything else!
August 23, 2012 02:06AM
[www.youtube.com]

this is an example the bioluminescent waves and water that i experienced the other night!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2012 02:07AM by seeker41.
August 23, 2012 06:42AM
Correct. Blame the sand/mother nature.
People have changed very little.... in that they are still wearing about the same amount of jewelry as they always have......... and denying the potential of ever losing it.
August 26, 2012 12:58AM
as "all" the water hunters proclaim! thank god for that!
certainly something to be said for "not being aware!"

(h.h.!)
j.t.