Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Anybody here ever try dowsing?

Posted by AMCJAVELIN 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Anybody here ever try dowsing?
January 14, 2013 10:43PM
I know there's alot of doubters about this subject but i truly believe in it and was wondering if there were any members here that do it as well, i recently just got a pair and its been intereesting to say the least will make a vid on it soon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2013 10:44PM by AMCJAVELIN.
Re: Anybody here ever try dowsing?
January 15, 2013 01:04AM
AMCJavelin....you lost me. What is 'dowsing'??? Forgive my ignorance. I just don't get out much.
January 15, 2013 01:07AM
Well KevinB i'll show you, just made made a vid this is using copper L-rods to dowse for gold prospecting or what ever your looking for [youtu.be]
January 15, 2013 01:30AM
AMCJAVELIN Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well KevinB i'll show you, just made made a vid
> this is using copper L-rods to dowse for gold
> prospecting or what ever your looking for
> [youtu.be]

Brandon, that is a complete TRIP!!!!! LOL Ya know, a Backhoe operator showed me how to use two coathangers and find waterlines and so forth. I tried it, and it REALLY WORKED!!!!! So I am not about to be doubtful about these, although I sure didn't know that they could show intelligence by understanding speech!!!! Great video. I am convinced that something is going on there!!
One more thing, a funeral director friend of mine showed me how they use L shaped rods like that to find old graves. It was creepy, but he works for the local funeral home and it is their standard practice.
January 15, 2013 01:45AM
I've used my wifes 14k gold wedding ring and took right to them and when i got over it they crossed and then step away they straighten out
January 15, 2013 02:21AM
True story: I personally have never done it BUT... In the early 1970s a buddy of mine and I went to a big metal detecting/treasure hunting show in Fremont, Nebraska.
They had dealers/demonstrations and a couple seminars. One of the seminars was given by Karl Von Mueller himself! If you don't know who he is Google him.
Anyway he was speaking about a lot of of different things and he came to dowsing. After a little talking a few giggles started erupting from the crowd. So he left the building and a guy
asked for a volunteer. Several hands went up (including my buddy's and mine) and the guy picked me. He handed me a $20 gold piece (which I felt like running out the door with smiling smiley )
and asked me to go ahead and sit down. They asked anyone with gold on to go to the back of the meeting room. Old Karl came back in with two L shaped COATHANGERS and started
walking up and down the aisles. Now there were well over 100 people there mind you. He walked by the row I was in and the rods swang down my row. He slowly walked down my
row and as he got close to me the rods began to point and cross. He walked BY me and he got right in front of my friend and the rods crossed. He said this guy (my friend) has the gold.

Everyone started laughing. They knew I HAD THE COIN!

Here is the killer. I secretly handed my buddy the coin shortly after I sat back down!!! I KNOW FOR A FACT NO ONE SAW ME SLIP HIM THE COIN!

I was convinced!
January 15, 2013 02:31AM
well i'm hoping to develop this into something furthur for future hunts
January 15, 2013 02:35AM
Well, I've seen it fail plenty of times growing up so I'll be the doubter here.....
January 15, 2013 02:44AM
Sorry guys, but untill I see or do it with my own two eyes, im not in. I was prospecting on the South fork of the American with some buddies a couple weeks back and met a guy that said he trusted his dowsing rods more than my detector. He was one of those big fat loudmouth guys that love to brag about how much gold theyve found. My only response..prove it. Which he chose to ignore while he rambled on about crevicing for 30 years and finding 700 onces of gold.
January 15, 2013 02:45AM
Btw, I dont mean any disrespect to the believers...Who knows, someday I may be one.
January 15, 2013 02:52AM
Hey everyone has a right to there opinion as long as its done respectfully, like i said there would be doubters but in my vid i can't hold any stiller than i did and hey it takes a experience sometimes before actual belief happens this is something i'm trying new, we'll see what the heck?
January 15, 2013 03:28AM
No scientific proof.
Some people use/believe a pendulum over a map works.
My guess is, it falls in with the ouija board. I'd stay clear.....
January 15, 2013 03:37AM
there some things that i believe that science can't always explain and this maybe one of them but like i said theres nothing to lose i'm just going to have some fun with it
January 15, 2013 03:49AM
I saw bigfoot dowsing once.

Seriously? , there's no scientific basis or any proof dowsing works, frankly I'm surprised to see this type of post on a site that has a penchant for abiding or attempting "scientific method" and facts based testing.
January 15, 2013 03:54AM
Well, I know a backhoe operator that swears by it. I always thought it had something to do with gravity, or an interruption of gravity.
January 15, 2013 04:00AM
Hi,
I use to use a clothes hanger cut and made into two L shaped rods for finding underground pipelines. back in the forty's. It worked but I never knew you could make them move talking to them.
January 15, 2013 05:21AM
ozzie wrote: My guess is, it falls in with the ouija board. I'd stay clear.....

Agreed.
January 15, 2013 05:29AM
I'm in line with ozzie and Aaron on this one...

And from a different perspective, I'll go with science also...both perspectives, IMO, the conclusion is the same...

Steve
January 15, 2013 11:47AM
well I do agree with you guys in staying away from quija boards
January 15, 2013 12:56PM
IT WORKS. I've witnessed this many times in the past 10 years. I'll share a couple true stories that happened a few years back. I work for a HVAC company that does electrical, plumbing and HVAC work. We were called out to a job site to evaluate the electrical upgrades needed at a huge facility. When we got to the site the electrical and phone company were there with their "electronic hounds" marking underground wires. Well here comes the county to mark all underground water lines and guess what they had? A guy with two coat hangers bent into an L shape marking all water lines and the direction they were buried in. Now guess who was right about the locations, both the utility companies with their high tech electronics and the county with their copper rods.
I also met a man a few years back that demonstrated his ability to dowse for a gold ring at my home. I took the man inside my house to an area where he could not see my wife hid a ring under a rug in my front yard. She placed 4 small rugs in our yard about 5 feet apart and put the ring under one. The gentleman took a pair of L shaped rods and walked over all rugs and the rods crossed only at one rug. He even dowsed the rugs two times before making his choice and the rods crossed at the same rug both times. To our amazement the ring was under the rug.
Mark
January 15, 2013 01:50PM
Have you investigated Long Range Locators on dealers websites? Might just fit it with the dowsing rods.

How does it go???? "A fool and his money are soon parted" or "You can't fool all the people all the time" or "There is a sucker borne every minute."

Outside of supposedly finding trinkets in a controlled environment just tell me, if you're able, what TREASURE has been found with this type of equipment????
January 15, 2013 02:28PM
Years ago I saw a fellow using one that was a manufactured product with the ID labels removed..Gave me a crash course how to work and set it for gold. Turned my back and he hid a large gold ring and lo and behold the darn thing led me right to the gold ring. Never would tell me the name of the product but first hand it worked for me and it was just in my hands with no help from him so one wonders...I understand early models were proven to be fakes but from my personal experience I still wonder....
January 15, 2013 03:28PM
Dowsing and LRL fails the most important test. If it worked, it would be a valuable thing to have and control. Dowsers would be fabulously wealthy. The only ones that seem to have serious money are the ones selling them. And that is all I need to know.

Steve Herschbach
Prospecting Since 1972 at DetectorProspector.com

Steve's Mining Journal - - Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting "How To" Guides - - Equipment Information & Reviews - - Public Gold Prospecting & Metal Detecting Sites - - Gold Mining Claims For Sale or Lease - - Steve's Guide to Gold Nugget Detectors

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2013 05:17PM by Steve Herschbach.
January 15, 2013 05:40PM
some may remember the electroscope device way back ,which was a very expensive dowsing device ,at $1000s .the boards inside were shown to be bogus and were embedded to defy analysis .
it was just a cotton reel and bent rod really ,all dressed up as a hi tech device
January 15, 2013 07:58PM
Always amazed me the early spanish miners how they found the gold Ive read they rarely missed, they might of used a spanish dip needle.People also use compass deviation? I wish Nathan Stubblefield would have lived longer and finished what some believe was a metal detector the earth would be the battery?
January 15, 2013 10:30PM
I don't know about finding treasure by dowsing, but I have tracked water lines with both l-rods and a willow fork.
January 15, 2013 10:55PM
well this is how i got thinking about L-rods dowsing i use to be able to water witch with apple wood as a kid
January 15, 2013 11:11PM
There is plenty of non-evidence to prove dowsing doesn't work for finding gold or other precious metals.
Steve H. is right on the mark with this.
Go to geotech and study the posts there...there have been money offers for those who believe their favorite dowser/ contraption works
yet none of them have stepped forward to participate in a double-blind test.

Now using a small metal rod/pivot for finding things such as water lines or other water resources is a different matter.
For some reason it seems to work for that.
But there would be a long jump to conclude it can be successfully used for finding metal objects.

I actually have one of those cheaper devices that is suppose to find gold, I bought it used for about 15 dollars.
There is no way anyone could convince me without scientific tests that prove any of those devices work.
Perhaps there is one out there that does but it must be proven with blind tests.

Not to mention there is a lot of subjectivity in how to correctly use one of these devices.....
There are those who believe strongly that these devices work....
But what does that have to do with reality?
January 15, 2013 11:11PM
I believe in science, but don't think science knows all, I've used lrods to find water sucessfully, my fatherinlaw got an artesian well with a y shaped peach branch, got himself a 2 acre lake from its outflow. I believe it works for some and not others and therefore it's the person not the tool.
January 16, 2013 01:06AM
Funny I am setting here watching America unearthed right now...on History 2......They are dowsing for bone's...

if you have never watched this show it's pretty interesting...

They guy try's to prove Americas History is completely different than the History books tell...

There's a marthon of them on for the next few hour's...

Keith