Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

barryny HYPOCRISY

Posted by Tri 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tri
barryny HYPOCRISY
February 10, 2013 02:17PM
barryny......There are a lot of things people will forgive but HYPOCRISY aint one of them.

You have really started to ruin THE BEST METAL DETECTING FORUM......Tom Dankowski's, with your
tongue-in-cheek fake, pretend to teach & learn posts.....All you wanna do is sell YOUR metal detectors....period.

I KNOW you are a member of one those internet marketing forums..."GET RICH QUICK" , sites.

GO GET YOUR OWN FORUM....Leave those that really want to learn

Barry Smalls you are a sleazy "used car salesman type" ......You will never if you live to be 100 have the integrity of the owner of the forum.

I do not care if Tom bans me....I cannot be the only one that feels this way....

GO GET YOUR OWN CRAPPY INFORMERCIAL AND PUT IT WHERE THE SUN DONT SHINE!!

Tri
Re: barryny HYPOCRISY
February 10, 2013 02:31PM
Exactly.

Welcome to the "Resistance".
Tri
February 10, 2013 02:44PM
barryny....you just cant help yourself......

WHATS THE MATTER CAN'T DRUM UP ENOUGH INTEREST ON YOUR OWN.....LIKE AN INSIDIOUS INFESTATION OF FLEAS YOU JUST
CANT SEEM TO GET IT.......DONT GO AWAY MAD......JUST GO AWAY !!
Anonymous User
February 10, 2013 02:48PM
Hey Tri - thanks for the kind words...besides the 2nd amendment rights we all preach (have 3 handguns myself)..have you heard about the right to free speech?

But first......Get the name right.

Second....I don't know what a "used car salesman" is...I never bought a used car...

Third...Didn't they teach you any manners at corrections officers school - or you just picked up some bad habits from your customers?

And Aaron - you seem tough behind a keyboard...I've met your type before....
Tri
February 10, 2013 02:54PM
barryny........that is the Great thing about Tom's forum....We do have that right....

Unfortunately this aint the barryny show.

LEAVE THE ADVERTIZEMENTS TO YOUR OWN FORUM.....ITS GETTING A LITTLE SICKENING AND DOES NOT BELONG HERE NOR IS IT WELCOME

Bet you were the bully that got busted in the chops to finally get him to shut up.
Anonymous User
February 10, 2013 03:18PM
Hey Tri - It's quite simple - don't read the posts if you don't want to...

PS - we all know who you voted for - even if you won't admit it...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2013 10:52PM by barryny.
Tri
February 10, 2013 03:30PM
barryny......you are not 10 yrs. old anymore, so stop acting like it.

With all the knowledge that can be gained here, why do you think this forum has gained so many knowledgeable and MATURE members ?

ITS CALLED RESPECT BARRY,....RESPECT FOR A FORUM AND ITS MEMBERS THAT DO NOT WANT A "WANNA BE" metal detecting

seller of his brand that CONTINUOUSLY DISRESPECTS the owner by plugging & plugging and plugging his brand.

GROW UP.
February 10, 2013 03:31PM
I'm normally a quiet one about stuff like this but it was nice to come here and learn a lot without detector sales being the focus. Some of the forums you cannot even post without a reply from a dealer and don't dare mention you are wanting to purchase a new detector. It is very annoying. Great forum here for sure. Real experiences is what we savor, not hype. We're not blind, all of us "really" know how to detect very well. We see things that are not kosher is the problem so it seems.
February 10, 2013 04:06PM
Barry your videos are not to bad but dont know if you realize but even in the second video you made mistakes you wasnt swinging the detector the same way on all the detectors and people on here take note of that.
February 10, 2013 04:30PM
I am a hick from the sticks a podunk small town with 4 years detecting expierence:couple years removed from kindergarten if you will.Started surfing the web around 1990's until i started detecting i had no desire 2 be on a forum or chat most of us are like this i would think?I found out this forum is very serious a little comedic timing goes a long way here as well as some other un-written rules seem to apply here also? I will apologize if i have offended anyone? I hope we can all get along! HIHing

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2013 05:09PM by rapidroy7.
Anonymous User
This is the last I'll say on this subject...
February 10, 2013 05:04PM
Aaron asked to see this machine compared to his beloved Deus.
I believe after seeing the Vista Gold perform...and you can believe what you want - the Vista Gold is superior IN THE TESTED CONDITIONS SO FAR to the Deus...iron separation test and gold target test..in ground testing coming soon..
So now he's all up in arms about ANY videos featuring the machine...
But here were his own requests for MORE video and more info:

Aaron [ PM ]
Re: Target Separation in Iron - DeepTech Gold / Minelab CTX / Blisstool
February 02, 2013 07:10PM Registered: 3 years ago
Lets see the Deus in one of the next tests.

Aaron [ PM ]
Re: A little Vid Vista Smart Recovery Speed 2 Ton Modus
January 28, 2013 12:42PM Registered: 3 years ago
It doesn't look any faster than the DEUS, maybe it's just the way the targets are arranged, I'm not sure...

So Aaron.......don't be a Deusbag......admit it......you wanted MORE info - so who's the hypocrite now???

And - I think these videos added A LOT of general information and delivered confirmation to what Tom D has preached about iron masking...

Hey Aaron - I've read your last 3 months of posts - you don't teach anyone anything...you don't offer videos to help people learn...you just like to sit there and flap your gums about this and that...

I have not promoted anything about buying this machine or that machine...I've posted about 5 general videos of a few machines in some different situations...Here are comments to date from the majority of members:

Funny...never saw this as a test per say...but more illustration of concept.
Well done Barry and thanks for taking the time.

Thanks Barry, for all the varied testing you take the time to share with us.

Now that's the correct way to do a proper separation test, with the target lower than the iron. Even just an inch or two lower makes all the difference. You also walked around the target to 90 degrees which is very important.
It looked pretty fair to me. Sure, maybe if you kept playing around with it you might have gotten a squeak out of the other machines but overall it was fairly clear to me that the Vista Gold got a best signal.
Well done. Can't wait to test the Gold myself.

But overall, that is a very good video idea. Locating deep targets around shallow iron is very desired. Who knows what multitude of old coins and jewelry are hidden beneath shallow nails.

Eye opening video. thanks.

What makes me realize is..All of the targets that I have passed over, due to masking. Makes me wonder how to improve my odds!

Great video with eye opening results Barry.

It was very interesting to learn that other detectors experience similar difficulties with iron as the E-trac when sweeping directly over shallow iron when the target is several inches deeper. As Squarenail_cache indicated, searching locations from multiple angles might locate that sweet spot where a target might be detected near iron.
Your video indicates you need to use similar techniques with other detectors. I’m surprised that other detectorists haven’t indicated the techniques and settings that they use under similar circumstances, because other detectorists can learn such techniques and settings.

Well done follow up video Barry.

I appreciate the tests that are being shared here. I looked at the xp last fall, as I liked the speed and seperation capabilities of that unit. But I could not fit the price into my budget. The vistas have some of the same excellent capabilities of the xp's, and the price is right. For me, its a service

All these videos help sell detectors but they also help us the buyers make informed decisions. The videos have been very useful to me. Our criticizmsms point out flaws which hopefully helps to keep them more accurate and honest which inturn supplies us with better information.

Makes me think of all the goodies still in the ground. Thnks for the vid.

Last summer while digging for a deep silver dime and down about 8 inches using a CZ I laid my metal digging knife down near the hole and the signal went away, picked it up and signal was back...Perfect illustration of masking at its finest and wonder how masking may have cost us that nice gold ring or old coin...A good reason to use fast units or a small coil especially in trashy areas. We all worry about depth when we should be alert to masking also....

Another good video.
That's the same way I do my tests. It's an air test but it's a pretty accurate way do some quick testing.
In my test garden I lay various forms of iron on the surface above the targets. The deeper the target, the wider the masking effect.

I never realized until getting on this sight just how important the masking issues for detectors were. Quite a profound effect. So much so that it is finally beginning to sink in that what most detectorists need is more unmasking ability and less worry about more depth on the top of the line detectors. Thanks for taking the time for the follow up demonstration

Nice vid's...
Total target retrieval is the best way to be sure you got it,,,
Re: This is the last I'll say on this subject...
February 10, 2013 05:16PM
Barry This is Toms site, if he is OK with your testing videos keep them coming. Between you and Keith and others i am learing a lot about the Vista's and will be buying one in the near future when i sell some detectors
February 10, 2013 05:31PM
Ok fellow treasure hunters, enough name calling lets all get along. We all have short comings, nobody is perfect put this behind yourselves and more forward in a positive direction.

Barry don't respond to this thread anymore if TRI continues let it fad away. I for one enjoy the videos from you and the others, looking forward to seeing more in the future hopefully other dealers make their own and share videos of other types of detectors. Great info good meat and potatoes, hope it continues.

Ok Comrades, Raise the white flag lets all get along
Paul (Ca)
February 10, 2013 05:49PM
Personally I like the vids. If anyone has any testing vids with similar or different results, lets see them too!
February 10, 2013 05:58PM
Barry, I find your videos informing and hope you continue to compare the different machines. Each machine has its own strenghts and weaknesses and so long as tests are on a level playing field then I am all for them no matter who makes them. In my opinion this forum has the most technical information on real world hunting conditions and testing of detectors of any site and it now has more information on how the Vista machines stack up to several other detectors because of Keith and your videos and comments. This is a good thing even if some people do not like the results. Knowledge is king and this site is providing just what we are here for. Knowledge that will make us better detectorists...Stuart
February 10, 2013 06:44PM
Barryny, maybe it would be best to just test a detector alone. It is always easy to make people upset when you compare to other units. Keith, I think has learned this as you will only see him (now) showing
comparisons between the same companys units. In my opinion, you have a winner with the Detech units. Let them sell themself. When you have a good product, Good service, and quick response, you will always do well......... get out there and hunt with the units, video the results and talk about what you have learned.
Don't go away mad, Stick around and teach...

Tom in SC
February 10, 2013 06:51PM
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2013 07:09PM by TheOtherLeggoHead.
February 10, 2013 07:20PM
Tri Wrote:

> Barry Smalls you are a sleazy "used car salesman
> type" ......You will never if you live to be 100
> have the integrity of the owner of the forum.
>
> I do not care if Tom bans me....I cannot be the
> only one that feels this way....
>
> GO GET YOUR OWN CRAPPY INFORMERCIAL AND PUT IT
> WHERE THE SUN DONT SHINE!!

Totally over the top uncalled for abuse of someone for just posting a few detecting vids ,
Very immature and vulgar.

Barry don't respond to these kids
Anonymous User
February 10, 2013 07:36PM
I may be blind but I failed to see any mention of sales in the videos I have watched.. If he was sales then why not attach a sales link on his YouTube channel ? I thought they were good to watch and giving him a bad rep and abuse will push him to another place where his videos will be more welcomed.
Please keep them coming as its better than watching sod all.
February 10, 2013 09:51PM
So is the issue that of comparison.... or that Barry happens to sell them. I saw a lot of generated interest in this machine.... much like i did with the deus and CTX. We had no trouble with people who owned these machines doing comparisons or trying to provide information. Bottom line, after looking at these or any video i draw my own conclusions.

Dew
February 10, 2013 10:12PM
Tri and Aaron -- Which are you two gonna be, the pot or the kettle? Last time I checked, the name calling bit is what little kids do in grammar school....which is exactly what you two were doing when you accused Barry of being immature, and hypocritical etc. I've been registered here for quite a while now and I can't think of a single post in which you two have ever contributed anything useful to the forum. All I've ever seen from you is whining about stuff that don't go your way and kissing Tom's butt every time he posts. Sorta like Dwight was to Mike Scott on "The Office" TV show.

Another great attribute to this forum is that we use to be able to present data here without bickering. If you have a problem with somebody here, take it to email, phone calls, or arrange a meeting and beat the daylights out of one another. Don't start a whole thread to clutter the forum...especially when the thread you started is about cluttering the forum. Clutter is clutter.
February 10, 2013 10:20PM
I purchase one!!!!
February 10, 2013 10:25PM
I am getting ready to purchase a Relic from Barry tomorrow. He has been very responsive to my emails and questions. He has not come off as a used car salesman type once.
February 10, 2013 10:36PM
I have to stick up for Barry on this one. Yes he sells machines, and yes he will sell some because of his vidoes, but is he never allowed to post anything about the Vista series without being accused of doing it just for the buck??? It is always a fine line when a dealer is on board, and Tom and Barry have had words about it, but it must be fair both ways. If you have a complaint about Barry, me, or anyone on this forum, that initial post is not the way to go about it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2013 10:37PM by coinnut.
February 10, 2013 10:38PM
I don't think Tom is going to like this this post should be erased and we should just forget it but bringing Obama come on man that is over the top

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
February 10, 2013 11:06PM
I am with you on this too Barry. I appreciate the vids you do also and I havent noticed you trying to push your products down anyones throat....
February 10, 2013 11:08PM
The part that makes someones lights go on is obviously, I mean obviously, we are not idiots. The videos are skewed. I watched them and from my line of sight in front of the computer in several of them, they were not right. I get insulted as some have here when someone takes you for a fool. We know what we are talking about! We run a lot of machines and know the nuances of them.
February 10, 2013 11:13PM
I for one love seeing the strong and weak points of different machines, keep up the good work Barry!
February 11, 2013 12:08AM
The videos I have watched of these machines were primarily from the UK. Barry was not in any of these videos to "skewe" any results. I saw one or two from Barry and Keith, but I saw 20 from across the pond. Actually, "pondguru" is one of the guys that has real time field use Vista videos. These machines were doing an impressive job.
February 11, 2013 12:32AM
How long till spring.?