Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

barryny HYPOCRISY

Posted by Tri 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: barryny HYPOCRISY
February 11, 2013 12:34AM
WaYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too long wish the rest of this month would come off 70 degree's to get rid of this rotton snow and frosty ground!
February 11, 2013 01:15AM
It never fails to amaze me how worked up people get over metal detectors. They are just tools. Do people get this excitable over lawn mowers?

Steve Herschbach
February 11, 2013 01:18AM
Yes they do Steve i have a buddy that pulls with them at events and takes it very seriously and you'l laugh butthe trophys they recieve are bronzed lawnmore blades LOL!
February 11, 2013 01:20AM
Yes they do Steve i have a buddy that pulls with them at events and takes it very seriously and you'l laugh but the trophys they recieve are bronzed lawnmore blades LOL!
Anonymous User
February 11, 2013 01:27AM
Guys,

First of all, to those of you who personally attacked Barry, you have no idea how bad this looks on you. Second, If you have any concerns or direct questions regarding the videos, address them to me since I do the videos.

I have taken many suggestions from people regarding what they would like to see tested in a video and I continue listening to suggestions. I have worked with the Minelab engineers testing their top of the line detectors and subsequently made videos of the results forwarding them onto the Minelab engineers.

This May will be 40 years that I have been enjoying this hobby. The videos I make showing comparisons between machines are 100% straight forward with no gimmicks or special swing angles or any nonsense at all.

Hearing generic vague statements like “I watched them and from my line of sight in front of the computer in several of them, they were not right” mean nothing without stating anything specific.

Those of you like “Tri” who personally attack Barry for sharing videos that he gets excited about; well, people like you have no place on a forum like this.

I spend a lot of time and effort showing strengths of different machines and again, all constructive comments and suggestions are welcome. But for those of you that want to squawk and attack, please do it elsewhere.

Carter
February 11, 2013 01:27AM
Im with ya Steve...maybe we should have Friday Night Sissy Fights like on the Chappelle show, lol.
February 11, 2013 01:29AM
And for the record, Im not calling anyone here a sissy, lol. Now, lets get back to detecting!
February 11, 2013 01:34AM
We have about 4" of snow on the ground with temperatures jumping from the low 20's to 40's. Fields have frost about 6" thick. I had to get out of the house, getting restless. Went to the woods and the earth was dig-able.
Ahhh, feling better, I'm outdoors. Sun shining, snow glistening, deer are running by me and rabbits are being kicked up as I swing the coil. Animal tracks all over the place.
Only a couple of early wheats for the day, but I needed that.

Get home and feel relaxed due to the exercise. Stoke the fire, kick off the boots and open a good book....nod off,.... zzzzzz be be be be.
February 11, 2013 01:40AM
Amen Brother!

Steve Herschbach Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It never fails to amaze me how worked up people
> get over metal detectors. They are just tools. Do
> people get this excitable over lawn mowers?
>
> Steve Herschbach
February 11, 2013 01:50AM
Carter,

I think you need to set up several cameras, maybe one with a panoramic view, one with 3D imaging and possibly 1 or 2 in the air for some arial footage. Better yet, set one up UNDER the ground looking up at the target.

Then contact Martin Sorcese, James Cammeron and Steven Spiellberg (sorry if I screwed up the spelling guys !) to help with the directing. Hire Robert DiNiro and Joe Pesci to do the commentary, and a few show girls to dance around the target as the coil sweeps back and forth.

What ya say ? Will it be ready by next Tuesday ?
Anonymous User
February 11, 2013 02:23AM
therover61 Wrote:
> Carter,
>
> I think you need to set up several cameras, maybe
> one with a panoramic view, one with 3D imaging and
> possibly 1 or 2 in the air for some arial footage.
> Better yet, set one up UNDER the ground looking up
> at the target.
>
> Then contact Martin Sorcese, James Cammeron and
> Steven Spiellberg (sorry if I screwed up the
> spelling guys !) to help with the directing. Hire
> Robert DiNiro and Joe Pesci to do the commentary,
> and a few show girls to dance around the target as
> the coil sweeps back and forth.
>
> What ya say ? Will it be ready by next Tuesday ?

Great ideas!! But you know some people will still be upset saying the test wasn’t fair because the show girls distracted them…..
February 11, 2013 02:29AM
Not if you get ugly show girls !
February 11, 2013 03:24AM
Barry , Keep the videos coming , I just wanted to point out to swing the detectors in the same way. As little short swings and long swings will do different things.

Keep selling you detectors no problem.

People bad mouthing you just show their true colors.
February 11, 2013 03:44AM
Tri,

Thanks for bringing it to my attention that Barry is a detector dealer. I haven't figured out yet if this was a promotion stunt to get free advertising or whether you realy have an issue with Barry? Anyway, thanks. I know in the past Barry helped me out with my Deus, and I thank him for that. He did however tell me his opinion of the machine, good and bad, and he was right as far as I can tell. Not once did he let on he was a dealer?? Not good for business if you ask me. But hey, now I know he is, and I thank you for that again.

Regards,
Ron
Anonymous User
February 11, 2013 12:40PM
Hello Ron,
I have to say I always tell it like it is. And opinions are just that. It seems my opinion is what you came to discover about the Deus.

However - let's get something clear. There is a difference between being a "detector dealer" and being an Importer/Distributor because this is a 3 tiered industry.
I am an Importer/Distributor of both the Blisstool and the DeepTech. Right now, since the DeepTech is a brand new import, we are choosing to also be a Dealer.

I do not recall when we discussed the Deus - but I have never waivered in my opinion of it to this day and still own it. Also - I doubt that I would have brought up anything about any other brand unless you asked me at the time...so in all reality...since I do not "deal" any detectors other than importing the above 2 - what difference does it make?

seaweednh Wrote:
> Tri,
>
> Thanks for bringing it to my attention that Barry
> is a detector dealer. I haven't figured out yet
> if this was a promotion stunt to get free
> advertising or whether you realy have an issue
> with Barry? Anyway, thanks. I know in the past
> Barry helped me out with my Deus, and I thank him
> for that. He did however tell me his opinion of
> the machine, good and bad, and he was right as far
> as I can tell. Not once did he let on he was a
> dealer?? Not good for business if you ask me. But
> hey, now I know he is, and I thank you for that
> again.
>
> Regards,
> Ron
February 11, 2013 12:58PM
Dealer/Distrib Barry,

You continue to use this forum for your personal marketing gain. Once again, this is a flagrant violation of which I have repeatedly warned you. You are imminent of being banned.

Just exactly how many more warnings do you need?
Anonymous User
NONE Tom...
February 11, 2013 01:10PM
Someone else will post for me for now on...a non "Dealer".
Re: NONE Tom...
February 11, 2013 01:20PM
....... and that would be a deliberate intent to circumvent the system. ALSO..... a no-no.
February 11, 2013 02:57PM
I think this is a bit odd. I see MANY people on this site touting and promoting machines. How the hell else are we going to know what's out there to buy? What makes this guy any different? I think some people are just so uptight is ridiculous. Well, I can see this site is full of the selfrighteous detctorists that make this hobby seem like more of a chore than a fun HOBBY!!!!!!! Some of the posts about this guy Barry really makes some of you look like you need medication. I have seen a few in the last few days.

I am sure some will have something to say about what I just posted, so have at it. I am just soooo sick of reading detectorists screaming from a soap box. Guess I am just going to avoid websites all together and hope I can gain some knowledge from those in the field. Some people take things tooooooo friggin' seriously...or should I say the WRONG things seriously. I belong to quite a few sites and over the past year I have seen a trend of selfrighteous swingers....it really makes this hobby look bad for the newer guys like me. I am coming up on the end of my first year swinging a coil and I have had amazing first year. If it wasn't for the fact that I got into the hobby BEFORE reading these websites, I would have assumed this hobby was full of miserable people looking to hamstring you in a heartbeat.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2013 03:04PM by CousinEddie.
February 11, 2013 03:03PM
Cousineddie...I see youve made 8posts. This is Toms site. It is the most unbiased forum available, and he aims to keep it that way. No need to disrespect him.
February 11, 2013 03:06PM
I am also a member of many other sites and understand how sites are run. I have lurked this site for a while. Is my opinion not valid because of post count? How am I disrespecting him?

If Tom has rules about not selling machines here, then that sould be that...but, some of you guys act a little overboard. Hell, some are actually speaking FOR Tom suggesting that he WANTS people to speak for him. To me that screams psychophant.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2013 03:11PM by CousinEddie.
February 11, 2013 03:19PM
Eddie, you are NOT allowed to sell nor promote if you are a DEALER.

Some of us are freinds of Tom and his family and talk to him regularly, and believe in standing up for our freinds.

Sorry if that makes us "psychophants".
February 11, 2013 03:22PM
Whatever...you guys enjoy your site. This is why I have lurked here instead of posting. I have other sites that are actually friendly and don't go overboard. All you guys have fun...Maybe you guys should make a site ONLY for family/friends of Tom? This way you can control it the way you want...Hell, make it a private forum you have to pay to be a member.

BTW... I am well aware that MOST sites do not want dealers coming in to sell their gear. The fine line between talking about a machine and promoting a machine can be blurred. So, it's cool for Keith to say that Deep Tech machines are good and do videos because he doesn't sell them? Yet, a guy that sells them can't tout that they are good machines without going overboard on the sales pitch? What's the difference? Seems ridiculous and petty. The kind of petty that starts arguments because of how people may perceive the individual and his words. Tom doesn't want sales pitches then so be it.....it's his site. Just seems to me like it's ok to promote certain brands and not others here. I have read thousands of posts here over the last year. My lack of participation doesn't mean I haven't seen what goes on. I have also noticed that these people don't like being called out on it.

I only used Keith as an example because he has quite a few videos of Deep Tech gear. Just an example, not trying to say he is promoting because THAT is against the rules.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2013 03:57PM by CousinEddie.
February 11, 2013 03:27PM
So.... for me Tom has spoken and it takes all the hearsay out of it. I guess for those who dont like it..... especially those with no dog in the fight, you can always go to another site that suits your taste. No other sites with dealers that pay for advertising would allow it, and once told that should have been enough. Im not certain anyone producing a video is totally imparcial.
February 11, 2013 03:35PM
Why would I need a "dog in the fight" to present my opinions of what I think about the situation? It's friggin' public for all to see....

If there is a way to delete my account feel free.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2013 03:35PM by CousinEddie.
Anonymous User
February 11, 2013 03:36PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> Dealer/Distrib Barry,
>
> You continue to use this forum for your personal
> marketing gain. Once again, this is a flagrant
> violation of which I have repeatedly warned you.
> You are imminent of being banned.
>
> Just exactly how many more warnings do you need?

Tom,

Why do you blame Barry for getting excited about videos that I did over the last week?

The tests videos I have performed have covered two specific areas. The first is target separation amongst iron and the second is sensitivity to gold.

You are welcome to repeat these tests yourself; I think that would end all doubt. If the DeepTech is truly better in certain areas than the competition, why not demonstrate the truth? As long as the testing is objective and most importantly repeatable, there should not be an issue. Say the word and I will ask Barry to send you a DeepTech gold for your honest evaluation.

Schultzie is a Fisher dealer but also enjoys the hobby himself. If Fisher came out with a Gold Bug III that outdid the competition, I would enjoy seeing him performing a head-to-head test against other gold machines. Should he not show objective comparisons by demonstrating the strength of his machine versus the competition? This is a rhetorical question: of course he should show the test… as long as the test is objective and scientific (meaning repeatable). I would expect him as a dealer to honestly show the strong points of his machine over the competition. People would want to see this.....

I have received several requests for more videos and as time allows, I will keep doing the tests. I have a Fisher Gold Bug II coming soon and that should be a good comparison test vs the AT Gold, Deus and DeepTech. I hope you don't fault Barry for being enthusiastic and if you are going to be critical about my videos, I repeat the offer again.... Say the word and I will ask Barry to send you a DeepTech gold for your honest evaluation.

Carter
Anonymous User
February 11, 2013 04:51PM
Why not have a sub category for sales?... tbh is he harming anyone by selling or promoting goods.
If I lived in the states and wanted to get my hands on a european bliss or deeptech then the more doors open to these brands then the better.
If you think his videos are bias just to push his products out the door so what.. Huge companies have been doing it for years so take it with a pinch of salt and move on.
Deeptech and bliss seem to be great models so good someone is shouting out about them.
videos
February 11, 2013 05:08PM
Carter, let us know where you will be posting the links for your new videos, I enjoy watching them.
February 11, 2013 06:16PM
Tom's site, Tom's rules....

What is so hard to understand?
February 11, 2013 07:12PM
Look's like this site is having growing/evolving pains...

When people with different ideas congregate together their will be differences..

MAYBE thing's will work out...I think they will

makes you wonder which way the road ahead lie's..

Keith