Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

whites, fisher, anybody........carl, dave.....hello?

Posted by seeker41 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
whites, fisher, anybody........carl, dave.....hello?
February 18, 2013 03:20AM
man!! im getting really antsy to buy a new machine! im even looking at an old early version whites tdi. can anyone tell me how close whites might be to releasing there new waterproof tdi? or how close fisher might be to releasing????? carl?, dave.J?, ??????????? i know i probably wont get a response or pm but im going crazy here!
chuck.
Re: whites, fisher, anybody........carl, dave.....hello?
February 18, 2013 12:10PM
Im afraid we arent going to see anything until the majority of hunters are out there..... late spring early summer. Im amazed we havent seen any utube stuff like Garrett or even ML does with their big production. Ive passed up some darn good deal on some older machines recently for a look at the new ones..... sure hope its worth it ... machine and cost wise.

Dew
February 18, 2013 01:48PM
Major manufactures, dealers etc. usually are tight lipped until they release a new unit as many of the old version would lose value and dealers especially would be stuck with old stock. Spring is just around the corner and if they don't release one soon its anyones guess if and when they will...
February 18, 2013 05:33PM
I KNOW FISHER WILL HAVE A NEW MACHINE BUT IT MAY BE AT THE END OF THIS YEAR....IT WILL BE WORTH THE WAIT OR THEY WILL HAVE LET US DOWN AND THEN YOU WILL START BUYING THE VISTAS..

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
February 18, 2013 06:28PM
Lawrenzo and Chuck ,

Buy a Vista Gold , and with the money from al lthe GOLD you find , buy a new Fisher if and when it comes out !!.......

Lawrenzo ,

Have not been on the forum for a while ....Hope all is going well with you .....Jim
February 18, 2013 06:55PM
I would think the waterproof tdi....and any other new water/beach machines would be out before summer......who knows?
February 18, 2013 09:15PM
jim, im hoping for a multi freq saltwater machine or waterproof tdi capable of better depth and sensitivity to tiny gold than what i can get at present with my excal and cz's.
rumors are heating up on the waterproof tdi!!!!
chuck.
February 18, 2013 10:22PM
Rumors??? I believe it was Carl who said it was his baby so i dont call that a rumor. Now when is anybodies guess. Id like to try a Fisher.... but im not waiting until the end of the year on any body. If there isnt anything new here by the beginning of summer, ill make a deal on something.

Dew
February 18, 2013 11:02PM
I don't know what Dave J. would or could have to say regarding Whites when's hes working for FTP...
February 19, 2013 01:02AM
Carl Moreland = White's Electronics

Dave Johnson = First Texas Products (Bounty Hunter, Fisher, Teknetics)
February 19, 2013 01:15AM
Aaron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't know what Dave J. would or could have to
> say regarding Whites when's hes working for FTP...

I believe he was asking Carl (TDI) or Dave J (new Fisher unit) if they could shed any light on the subject as to when they will be coming out.

"Happy hunting" - Schultzie
February 19, 2013 01:28AM
Hate to be blunt, why ask the forum the questions where those two guys may not visit. Why not PM them directly thru the forums they regularly visit if you would like
an answer straight from them and not second hand. Both are very friendly guys and very helpful.................

Don't wait on them, go buy a unit and have fun detecting. When something does comes out, you may have found enough gold and goodies to pay the new toy..........

Happy hunting

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
February 19, 2013 01:42AM
thanks shultzie!

of course i did not expect dave or carl to jump right in and give a release date or anything however, carl has given alot more info and responses to our posts on this forum than one might expect !
like i said ,...i'm getting antsy/impatient!!!!!! fighting the urge to buy something now and not wait just a little bit more!
would be very nice and appreciated to have a little info and rough release date.
chuck.
February 19, 2013 04:57AM
I need to squash these rumors of a "waterproof TDI," no such thing is in development. What I'm working on (and it's my personal project) is an all-new PI design that discriminates. The basics are working, but it's still further out than I'd like. Sorry, no dates. New waterproof case is ready, though.

Probably DJ reads here as well. He tends to keep things a bit closer to the vest.
February 19, 2013 12:04PM
Ouch Carl I was looking forward to a TDI....

"It's no secret that White's is working on a waterproof TDI. Actually, it's my personal project. All-new case, all-new circuit. Goal is 6us, so it might not run Coiltek coils.

- Carl"

There goes my water machine hope for this year. Looks like ill have to purchase another 15 year old design with different colored exterior and be happy with my choice. But i do look forward to seeing that water proof box filled with a disc PI. Is the goal still 6us even thou you said 10uS was about the limit for salt water use?

Dew
February 19, 2013 04:42PM
I guess we will change that to "new White's waterproof PI".

Discriminating huh? Not sure that I will hold my breath on that. There is always a catch with a discriminating PI it seems. But one can hope and I am sure that statement will light some people up! I mainly am looking for a waterproof PI that handles hot rocks and that preferably has coil options. So far I am describing the Infinium except it has issues with saltwater and EMI that combined make it a real pain to use.

I had better just focus on my upcoming mining operation and put new detectors out of my mind for a while. Thanks for commenting Carl.

Steve Herschbach
DetectorProspector.com
Find me on Facebook
February 19, 2013 05:31PM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
> Ouch Carl I was looking forward to a TDI....
>
> "It's no secret that White's is working on a
> waterproof TDI. Actually, it's my personal
> project. All-new case, all-new circuit. Goal is
> 6us, so it might not run Coiltek coils.
>
> - Carl"

Goes to show you can't trust anything I say.
February 19, 2013 08:56PM
ROFL..... guess not Carl. But thanks for the up date and just dropping in on occasion to bring us some Whites news.

Dew
February 19, 2013 10:58PM
I would like to see the MXT and TDI Sl in the same box running in unison...

Run relic mode,dual mode, all metal side be pulse and the disc side vlf...Have the low high all metal come in for objects deeper than the disc mode then have the disc mode kick in when I.D is within range on the vlf side...

Microprocessors ought to be able to do something like this...

Keith

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2013 10:59PM by Keith Southern.
February 20, 2013 01:59AM
carl, thanks for the reply! thought it was a tdi but.....? i just thought it was a tdi per your previous post. all i wanted was aquastar, deepstar, goldscan 5 type performance!!!!!!!
chuck.
February 20, 2013 02:24AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> I would like to see the MXT and TDI Sl in the same
> box running in unison...

In a deal I made with the Devil, I created an integrated MXT+SurfPI that ran together in one box with one coil, though switchable and not simultaneous. It resulted in a bastard coil (not compatible with anything else we do) and I decided to drop it in favor of this other design, which is a true simultaneous hybrid. I'll soon see if it was a smart decision.
February 20, 2013 08:41AM
Carl, nothing ventured, nothing gained.(We want you to succeed.)
Good to know someone is thinking outside the box.
Many of us feel that is what it will take to get advancements.
February 20, 2013 12:34PM
Ummmmm if you are looking for a place to DROP that Frankenstine MXT...... may addy is... lol. Us non tech guys appreciate you Gurus and the toys you create for us. Also.... sounds like you need to choose your friends better haha.

Dew
February 23, 2013 02:49AM
he must have watched the movie "fargo"
"he's goin' crazy out there by the lake!" ehe! he! he!
February 23, 2013 04:51AM
Hey Carl a true unison simultaneous hybrid...!!!!!!

Now that will get the blood to pumping...

I do hope that this design works out...

Thanks for that info for sure!

I have wondered if that would not be the avenue to go down all along before a true pulse disc circuit is perfected....Sort of evolve through a hybrid design first...and maybe discover something along the way that has been ovelooked or not even thought about...

Keith