Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Former (disgruntled) member speaks out.

Posted by Aaron 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Former (disgruntled) member speaks out.
February 27, 2013 05:21PM
"No insults, no comparisons, no bad vibes,.... just be all civil and polite." Im not certain Barry's post made your point. From what i see if you sponsor a specific forums you can pretty well control negitive comments so anyone new sometimes only gets one view. I much prefer civil disagreement over censorship. I like different points of view.... it often leaded a better over all picture.

Dew
February 27, 2013 05:25PM
I like Findmall myself.
I like Tom's site, too.

HH
Mike
February 27, 2013 05:26PM
Sites like findmall still do have their place. While it is ruled differently than I'd like to see it, the individualized sections makes it a nice site to find information from experienced users of that particular machine. I agree that any metal detecting site should be able to accept posts, pro and con, from users about their findings with different machines and not be subject to being banned for their opinion. After all, it is just their opinion and that is based on their knowledge, or even lack of knowledge, about the machine in question. Also as we all know, what works in your ground might not work at all in somebody else's ground. Any post by any member of a forum is subject and speculative. It doesn't matter so much about the forum as it does about the person making the post. If a detectorist posts a finds pic or vid that is a plant on findmall, there's a good chance they are also on other forums, even this one, posting the same thing. The forum has no bearing on that and unfortunately it is done more than it should be. Same thing for exagerrated truths about how well a certain detector works compared to a different detector. Too many feel they need to justify why they purchased a certain detector and then do it by posting incorrect stories and planted finds. It is very fortunate that we have this site but even the other ones have their good points too, you just have to accept them for what they are and have to offer.
February 27, 2013 05:52PM
Let bygones be bygones, let's let this pass, let's move on. Let what happened and happens on other forums not affect us here and now...
February 27, 2013 06:12PM
Sounds good as long as it stays out of this forum, I can live with that.

Aaron
February 27, 2013 07:43PM
Hey y'all!!!! I am going detecting today!! I am going to eat a late lunch at a cafe (love the ambience at those old cafe's. and even though I don't smoke....it almost seemed wrong to take smoling and coffee out of those places). Now that just my opinion. But then.....THEN....THEEEENNNN!!!.....I am going to a site in town and swing and swing until I am satisfied that I have extracted the nonferrous from the ferrous in my respective swaths.
February 27, 2013 07:48PM
You tell all those purrrty southern bells you know who says "hey!".

Have fun & HH!
February 27, 2013 09:32PM
I got banned from the Findmall Whites TDI classroom for telling Reg to post up or shut up. He kept telling me I didn't know what I was talking about when talking about hunting with the TDI...despite Whites having my videos up on their website and pics of HUNDREDS of Civil War relics I had dug with it in 3 different states. He finally got to me and I took a pic of all my TDI finds and posted it....and challenged Reg to do the same to show the people that he actually got out and hunted instead of hid behind a keyboard writing boring novel length posts ABOUT settings and such. He never did ante up any pics. And everytime he would fire a shot towards me saying I was wrong, I would simply post that pic of all my display cases crammed packed with TDI Civil War finds with something like "still waiting to see yours" posted with it. I got banned from posting there on that particular forum. I can still read when I'm not logged in and can post anywhere else on Findmall but not the TDI page. I don't mind...it only gets about one post every couple months. Reg ran everybody off or put em to sleep with his posts haha.
February 27, 2013 11:35PM
reg's posts don't put me to sleep at all!!!!!!!!!!! reg absolutely knows what hes talking about!

findmal is not a bad place, they do have some overly strict rules!

gossip, namecalling,grudges and one upmanship especially while hiding behind a computer bore me to death and irritate me!

i will not add anything else to this post, let it die now!!!!!!!!!!! Aaron , let it go!..... daniel, let it go! .....everyone, let it go!!!!!
chuck.
February 28, 2013 12:41AM
Aaron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You tell all those purrrty southern bells you know
> who says "hey!".
>
> Have fun & HH!

I told 'em Aaron. They said something about a phone number of that mysterious stranger from north of the Mason Dixon Line, when she brought me my stewed chitlins. (sprinkled with niblet corn....which I didn't particularly care for as it seemed pre-digested)
February 28, 2013 01:51AM
Coudnt say it any better!.................................GOOD JOB!
February 28, 2013 03:15AM
"stewed chitlins"

Why does that not sound appatizing?
February 28, 2013 03:38AM
I swear, I find detector wars absolutely ridiculous! Lame
February 28, 2013 02:53PM
Daniel, I too find his words incongruent with actual performance.

HH
Mike
February 28, 2013 03:22PM
" Believe 1/2 of what you see, and none of what you hear " .......

I figure that in my lifetime I have learned from those who are FOS , just as much as I have also learned from those who seem to know what they are talking about ..... EIther way , I check out FOR MYSELF to find out who's telling me BS or who's telling me the truth .....There's a fine line between those who BS , and those who THINK they know what they're talking about ..... It's like playing poker ....You don't always have to have a good hand, you just have to make the oposition THINK that you have a good hand !!.... If nobody calls you on it , you never have to reveal the truth !!.......Jim
February 28, 2013 04:14PM
In regards to this matter.......

..... the hand was "forced".
February 28, 2013 05:06PM
Oh all that took place a long while back. It's all water under the bridge to me now. I only brought it up here because we were telling ole war stories about being banned from various places. I NEVER lost any sleep over it, I guarantee you that. LOL The point I was trying to drive home back then, was that you don't know who most of these people are on the Internet. You don't know what background they came from, what their agenda is, etc. For all you know, it could be some kid sitting at home messing with you just to get your riled or somebody with nothing better to do, sitting back filling you full of crap. I've always been a prove it to me kind of guy. Sometimes I take people for their word on things...but most of the time I gotta see some proof that you know what you are doing and what you are talking about. All I ever done with Reg was try to call his bluff (as alluded to in the post above). A good sales person can sell gullable people into buying a junkard vehicle without ever letting them take a test drive. Me on the other hand...I'm gonna take it out for a spin and find out what's wrong with it before I buy. Reg never did produce any evidence of actually using the darn detector, other than long winded novels he would write. Anybody else could say in two or three sentences in what took him 15 paragraphs to say. Kind of like how Critterhunter use to be when he posted here all the time. If people are that gullable, then I have THE authentic stone that David used to slay Goliath...I have it in my collection and will sell it to the highest bidder. smiling smiley
February 28, 2013 05:44PM
Dan,
Sorry to inform you, that stone you have............., it's a reproduction of the original in my collection.

Happy shooting

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
February 28, 2013 09:02PM
That's ok...I have the 3rd tablet with the last 5 commandments

11 - Thou shalt always fill thy holes

12 - Thou shalt never film false videos ( bet you didn't know they had video cameras back then !)

13 - Thou shalt always wear sun screen ( at that time, it was called a hat ).

14 - Thou shalt always pick up your trash

15 - Thou shalt always have fun while detecting
February 28, 2013 10:44PM
There are lots of posturing for a better term on forums.When it comes to finding coin and relics I'd much prefer hunting with Tom with what ever detector he choses than with a lot of other experts out there.
Definition-expert= an "ex" is a has been.A spurt is a drip under pressure.Expert.Bill
March 15, 2013 05:08PM
What a class act! [www.findmall.com]

I figure Gary Keithline has given Barry a 25% discount if he keeps up the trash talking. Heck, FM had to make a software change just to keep Tom's last name from scrambling!
March 15, 2013 11:21PM
Who cares!

If you guys would ignore his posts here, like he does not exhist, he will go away. He and his cronies are only here to argue. Didn't your mother ever tell you it takes two to argue?

Simply put... don't take the bait!!!
March 16, 2013 12:34AM
I like this place the best....it actually feels like family members here. And everyone is helpful and polite, except for the occassional red headed step-child.
March 16, 2013 04:03AM
I agree with you shultzie..and I usually try to follow that advice myself...but that loser got under my skin, and now its my hope he never sells another vista again.
March 19, 2013 04:13AM
Jack Flynn Wrote:
> Here's his response,
> And I've watched how the iknoweverything.com site
> works and it's hardly a credible place. More like
> every one I've ever kicked off findmall.
>
> G

this guy sounds like the ultimate judge,jury,and executioner!
maybe why they call him the "guvner"? in a "perfect" world,everyone gets along,
unfortunately we are all human,and all of us have differing points of view .the so called "guvner"
has yet to learn that lesson in life.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2013 04:15AM by jmaryt.
March 19, 2013 04:20AM
Kevin B Wrote:
> Aaron Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > You tell all those purrrty southern bells you
> know
> > who says "hey!".
> >
> > Have fun & HH!
>