Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New Teknetics Detector

Posted by sanjuro 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New Teknetics Detector
March 27, 2013 10:43PM
Re: New Teknetics Detector
March 27, 2013 11:13PM
You know I could envision a detector being called eurotek having the ability to cope with European 2000 year old iron...variable tone...boost process..High freq...iron volume...

I am not sure about it...weird ...is detector sells sluggish...

maybe a poor name choice?

maybe its aimed at the ace350 euro?

Again I will say it...

"When new machine's come out if I don't see what I need in the brochure I am not spending my money."..

Maye there will be a whole line of Eurotek's? maybe this is just the bottom model of great thing's to come...

when the demonstrator tells me the box is a tactile black high speed low drag housing with radiant green to black face plate all of this for 159.00 dollar's...

I really don't have a clue as to what the machine can do?

Keith
wjs
March 27, 2013 11:32PM
Maybe this is what you guys have been waiting for so long from fisher.....Lol Sorry but it just reaks of cheap.
March 27, 2013 11:53PM
They needed a lower priced price point than the Alpha to capture Tesoro's etc. Compadre price point detector and look better than a Bounty Hunter. Probably a repackaged BH.
I am guessing, Tesoro had wind of this and and now offers the Compadre with an 8" coil and to confuse you, now call the 4 and 5 pin coil connector configurations by Greek names.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
March 28, 2013 12:40AM
I remember one time hearing why there is a Teknetics and a Fisher brand..

Remember First Texas brought out the T2 and created quite a stir....they were exporting them to the U.K. and the brand was selling well...

Then Fisher went up for grabs and they bought them...well they also got the right's to export Fisher to the U.K. then...

in the U.K. there's one sole Fisher importer and He distributes them...No one else can import them contractually speaking...

Same for Teknetic's...

So instead of just cutting out Teknetics and using the fisher name they can now sell both brands over seas and create more revenue...

We probably would not have two brands coming out of FT if it were not for exporting...

Keith
March 28, 2013 02:15AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I remember one time hearing why there is a
> Teknetics and a Fisher brand..
>
> Remember First Texas brought out the T2 and
> created quite a stir....they were exporting them
> to the U.K. and the brand was selling well...
>
> Then Fisher went up for grabs and they bought
> them...well they also got the right's to export
> Fisher to the U.K. then...
>
> in the U.K. there's one sole Fisher importer and
> He distributes them...No one else can import them
> contractually speaking...
>
> Same for Teknetic's...
>
> So instead of just cutting out Teknetics and using
> the fisher name they can now sell both brands over
> seas and create more revenue...
>
> We probably would not have two brands coming out
> of FT if it were not for exporting...
>
> Keith
Hi Keith,
I hope you are well.
T2 and other Teks along with Fisher were solely distributed by Peter Bettis @Joan Allen in UK for many years. Later we gave the Tek line to my good friend Nigel @ Regton. Nigel and I knew each other from our early days with Minelab (1995-2003) and I knew he had a great distribution network in UK. Regton also has the BH Discovery line while Bounty Hunter is sold by another distributor which is our formula for almost 200 countries around the world.

Either way we would have 2 brands since its always better to compete against yourself than others regardless of what country you are in.
Financially, 2 businesses are always better than one and the Tek business alone is now worth far more than Fisher cost us when we bought it (and so is Fisher). Teknetics brand was going to be reborn and established with or without Fisher as a sister company.

Thanks,

Mike
March 28, 2013 02:17AM
wjs Wrote:
> Maybe this is what you guys have been waiting for
> so long from fisher.....Lol Sorry but it just
> reaks of cheap.

I don’t think anyone was expecting a $159 detector to reek of anything except an inexpensive low end entry level unit with decent performance and feature set. It says $159 in the video……
March 28, 2013 03:24AM
Hi Mike ...Hope all is well with you.Sir!

Thank's for the info...always wondered why FT used 2 Huge brands....Now we Know 100% why....

I remember a dealer telling me some of if not all if it a few years back about sales generation...

Why your hear Mike....

Id this the first of a new line to come...or is it a one off..I know I know Hush Hush..

I find a new housing sort of strange for a one off...though the housing does look rugged...Notice the headphone jack seems more weahter beater...

I am really itching for a new American site unlocker...

That euro name had my hopes up for a minute LOL!!

Thanks for the response but please keep some info coming...

Keith
March 28, 2013 12:58PM
Very informative forum....never saw a hobby where there is so much to choose from and new units coming out regularily. As a teenager bought a rifle and shotgun and used them for mucho years without ever changing..fast forward to the last 20 years plus in hobby must have used over 100 units...go figger....
Come to think of it if I kept my original CZ6 and early Tesoro notch unit and never changed would have been way ahead but its been quite an informative ride. And how was your day...
March 28, 2013 02:28PM
I always take company hype with a grain of salt, but the guy on the video says 2" deeper than the Ace. The Ace 250 is no depth demon, but two inches deeper would be phenomenal depth for a detector at this price.

My guess would be that separation, recovery speed and ergonomics on a FT detector would trump the 250.

List price $159 means MAP will probably be in the $140's.

Sounds like a nice value for a simple entry level detector to me.

Another positive...it ain't yellow!
March 29, 2013 12:53AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> Hi Mike ...Hope all is well with you.Sir!
>
> Thank's for the info...always wondered why FT used
> 2 Huge brands....Now we Know 100% why....
>
> I remember a dealer telling me some of if not all
> if it a few years back about sales generation...
>
> Why your hear Mike....
>
> Id this the first of a new line to come...or is it
> a one off..I know I know Hush Hush..
>
> I find a new housing sort of strange for a one
> off...though the housing does look rugged...Notice
> the headphone jack seems more weahter beater...
>
> I am really itching for a new American site
> unlocker...
>
> That euro name had my hopes up for a minute LOL!!
>
> Thanks for the response but please keep some info
> coming...
>
> Keith

Keith-more coming on Eurotek's. While the first few are lower end units they are very cool for the price. 1rst video on the Eurotek pro is up now.
lots of other new stuff on the horizon!

Dig deep,

Mike
March 29, 2013 01:09AM
I have already bout two Tek G2's, a Fosher Gold Bug Pro DP, a Tek Omega, a Fisher F5, 2 F75SE's, a Teknetics T2SE, and I likely forgot a couple. I am FREEZING my expenditures on FT products until the horizon looms nearer. (this was said jokingly.....but candidly). I'm a Fisher fan. Not a loyalost by any means, but I like Fisher/Teknetics units. Let's get some units into the shipping dept already!!! (and give me a coupon for all the Fisher stuff I bought) ........lol
March 29, 2013 01:19AM
Are the Euroteks even going to be available in the U.S.?
March 29, 2013 01:20AM
Thank's Mike!

Eurotek Pro....Glad the Bi-Axial is on this one....I do like the simplicity of the display....no notching no icons just number readout and tone's..

I do hope ya'll make one with an expanded iron range only disc...something tells me there more to follow!

I have a strong attachment to Teknetics....I truly believe the T2 was the best detector design in a decade...

[www.youtube.com]
March 29, 2013 01:50AM
It is cool that Mike took the time to get on this forum and respond to us. Time will tell if we are going to see the next best detector that will allow some of us to find relics that are being masked by iron and we all need some deep depth for the next level of coins and relics that are just a few inches out of reach...I have always had faith in teknetics I think we are getting closer to finding out what is in store for us.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 29, 2013 02:10PM
Mike - Nice to see you here again.

I really enjoyed reading your inside baseball stories about the last years of FRL before the FT takeover that you posted a while back. Some excellent insights on the progression and subsequent decline of the cz-3d.

Now that some of the product development pipeline seems to be getting closer to market, hopefully you'll be posting more often.