Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Been using the Eurotek Pro with 11" BiAxial in some iron infested spot's

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Been using the Eurotek Pro with 11" BiAxial in some iron infested spot's
August 13, 2013 04:17AM
nothing earth shattering in the finds department.. slim finds for the most part...

But the machine is a heck of a machine for the price..

they seem to have addresed the emi issues that seem to plaque the low freq Tek's......Mine runs quite wide open sens in areas the omega has to be turned back to about 75 or so...

The iron volume is a nice feature...

I wish they had of incorporated the tone break to the disc setting for iron,,,it still break's at 40...not sure why they could not if set it up like the G2...Because they made the mid tone to high tone break adusutable?????I know it may help to be able to dial in the coins form the pulltabs with a viable setting like that but if they can let you alter the mid to high break point why can't we alter the iron tone low to mid break point???

I like how the Mid tone is VCO.. Nice touch in iron for sure....

I do not get alot of high tone falsing in iron with this detector... and it a real pleasure to use in sheet tin....

The iron I.D. on top of the screen is uncanny also...the target might say good but if the word IRON shows up at top it has not been fooled yet...the audio report and I.D. will fool you but the IRON word lit up is in away almost psychic..LOL!!!

Its as fast as the G2 it so seems yet it does not seem to unmask like the g2 in AIRTEST....but in dirt it seems to work well ...Thats the thing about a low freq machine's they dont unmask in the air test well but can treat your right in the dirt at times...

Also they do not airtest extremely deep but in ground depth seems solid....

Ultra light..new housing is solid...rod is solid...headphone jack on the bottom with shield door is A+ design...

If I dig iron with this machine I Know its iron before I dig it...they have the iron identification down pat...

No it wont hit my 10" dime..

No it wont pass the nail board test in all direction's...

but it works well in the dirt...

it has good mineral see through also...

Low sens is still pretty deep...I run it at 10 mostly but even 6 is deep..

I even managed a couple of deep shotgun hull's in a camp today that should of been dug already ...

did dig a target that was left by ALL other's I have used in this spot.. not sure if it falsed on it or actually dug it right, but they way it handles iron I think it actually was hearing the target as worth digging... and i was right..and whats funny the IRON word did not light up once...

its a keyhole affixed to a piece of iron...only 3 inches deep very small too...but a unique target to dig composition wise...

Anyway....Nice machine for the price point...Can't fault it much when it(the machine) cost as much as a coil cost on other machine's...LOL!!

Actually the Bi-Axial cost about 160.00 bucks on its own from teknetics...it's like buying a coil and getting a machine ...

P.S. I dont think you coin hunter's will dig another crown cap thinking you have a good one if you watch the iron word at the top ..

Keith

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2013 05:29AM by Keith Southern.
Re: Been using the Eurotek Pro with 11" BiAxial in some iron infested spot's
August 13, 2013 04:49AM
Hi Keith.

I probably didn't understand you, but you said they addressed the EMI issues. Did the Euro have EMI problems or were saying the Euro doesn't have the EMI problems that the Omega does?
August 13, 2013 05:25AM
The Euros does not seem to suffer from EMI like the T2 or omega...Although they have addressed the Omega EMI the Euro stability is on another level..

Just a solid machine..I actully like the ergonomics and look and feel of the new housing.....I also like the memory!Pretty much just turn it on an instanty hunt...

Keith
August 13, 2013 10:36AM
Yet, I do read that some Euro owners are having EMI issues. I lived in one small city that gave the Delta, Omega, Fisher F5 fits. Yet other brand detectors were not effected that much, if at all.
So I hesitate to the Euro to a newbie in that small city I moved from.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
August 13, 2013 02:08PM
Hi Keith,
The ETPro with the 11" is a nice performer in the ground. I've been waiting for you to try it. Now Kevin can try it, too. smiling smiley

The ETPro was designed for the entry level European market. Inexpensive iron trash beeping but with very good performance. The reason it doesn't have adjustable tone break is because the primary customer (European) decided they didn't want it. Thought it would be too complicated for beginners, which are the primary target group. So 1st Texas listened to their primary customer, dropped the adjustable tone break but kept the adjustable iron audio. I hear it is doing well over there.

Good review.
HH
Mike
August 13, 2013 05:11PM
As the tone-generation, and hence whether or not it does tone-break audio, is determined by software, it's not inconceivable that it (and other features/improvements) could be added at a later date. Coming soon - the Eurotek Expert Plus.
On the subject of EMI sensitivity: As this is an entry-level machine, it won't have the raw target sensitivity of more expensive machines. Bearing in mind the way the signal strength of a target falls away rapidly with distance (the 'inverse 6th power rule' - actually more like 5th power for typical MD use), this means that halving the machines sensitivity would only knock down depth by 10% - 15%, but would give noticeable EMI pickup reduction. So this is probably why it seems EMI tolerant - it simply doesn't have the raw sensitivity to get itself in trouble.
August 13, 2013 06:50PM
Whats weird is on 10 sens the machine falses a fair amount...but its on the ground falsing a high tone chirp...so it actullay picks up more noise when swinging than say an omega on 99 sens...yet its not prone to EMI problems as much as the Omega or T2..

It reminds me alot of a 1236 fisher with modern tone's...

the machine is not really on the FT hyper platform..

The machine seem's fast yet its not like a g2 in unmasking...

I cant for the life of me figure out why the peole in Europe had a chance to have a say in a machine and they chose to not have the iron tone variable....yet they choose to have the pulltab range variable...

Why even call it a EuroTek PRO.

Like you say maybe they have an expert deluxe advanced model in the work's..LOL!!!

The machine seems more suited for a grab and go here in the states in a park for seperating clad from zinc...

Nice machine though for the money...Good grab and go and the housing is very nice....Sometimes the simplest ones find the best stuff...

Like you say they already have the variable tone break in the programming...

Heres my idea of a Eurotek Pro Deluxe

keep it like it is, housing and rod is superb...

have variable tone break in the iron range 0-10 but have the disc go in 10th's like 2.1-2.2-2.3 you get the idea..

have volume control for iron

put the machine on 19kHz

Ground bal that works in the Disc mode like the T2 does..

Hyper gain

Add an disc filter in stages for how CLEAN you want the disc rejection....zero could be like snap crackle pop.. and stage 4 could be clean no rejection bleed...

Offer 3 tones with the option to use just 2, iron and non iron report or have three for the copper and up report...

keep it VCO...I love VCO in iron...

Keep the awesome BiAxial and offer a small version of the Bi-Axial.. and a large version of the BiAxial...

don't put a clock on it dont put a GPS on it

Keep the price below 500.00 buck's...

this would shut down the European manufacturer's...Seriuosly...

They can do it...its all in the code...they have the platform... they could sell thousands to the Site hunter's..

If they dont do it someone needs to...Maybe Troy could......with the way he knows how to get 19Khz hot across the board is unreal...could you imagine if FT could figure out what He did to get 19kHz that hot on all conductor's....

I talked to Troy once about 19kHz and He stated that after extensive testing he found that 19 kHz resonated Nickles and Buttons the best of any freq.

Keith

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2013 07:01PM by Keith Southern.
August 13, 2013 09:23PM
Hmmm....so you want to shut down our European manufacturers, eh?
I suspect the reason they don't make it too good is perhaps to do with taking market share away from more expensive First Texas machines.
Code changes, generally speaking, should be easy. But 'change it to 19KHz' is not as straight-forwards. Neither is 'hyper-gain'. That one demands much better quality from all the components--such as better-nulled search-coils (expensive), lower noise amplifiers, blahblah. That 'hyper-gain' is why expensive detectors are expensive.
They don't need to go mad to improve it, just sensible changes that do the job.
August 13, 2013 09:57PM
Hey Pimento thank's for the insight...

Nah dont want to shut down the Euro detectors but if they sold one for 500 that would naturally cause and influx away from higher priced machines doing the same thing......But that could be dangerous...control the market then charge what you want...

I think maybe the coil is the weakest link of the T2 f75 ..its so exact if its not right it's a nightmare...

Yet all the other machines seem to share the same coil...from 19Khz to 8Khz...so they must not be to exact or they are a broadband coil....

yet the T2 can not run the Omega coils and such....they must be more dead freq for the power? or who Knows LOL!!

thanks again
Keith
August 14, 2013 12:34PM
If the ID Edge had been in that price range it would have turned more heads. The ET Pro is a different philosophy feature wise but sounds very similar in performance to the Edge. Iron ID on the Edge was in the tonal difference between an iron false and a valid high conductor... easy and nearly 100% accurate once mastered. Bi-metal ferrous/non ferrous targets no problem. The Edge is still one of my favorite machines.
August 14, 2013 03:41PM
I just hope that Tek listens to all of us from the good old USA. It would be nice to get something made that takes time to discover its raw energy. We want to play and test and tinker and detect. We want it ASAP and we want it to ge what we have been asking for...If they did that I think it would be a very long time for others to come close to gaining the business the straglers have lost. Time to come up with an Ace and what we have been dreaming about. IT is only getting harder for us to hunt in some areas of the USA

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
August 14, 2013 06:42PM
I hear you on the EDGE Jackpine,,,,tht thing does wondewrs in iorn.. very underated detector...

Man Tom I have not seen you on the forums in awhile

Hope all is well!

I was wondering a few months back what had become of you..

good to see you posting..

Keith
January 08, 2014 05:50PM
Keith

did you test this machines "see thru iron ability"?? (not separation ability)

meaning - say you had a dime laying under a square nail by an inch or 2 directly on top of it

is the machine capable of reporting back that it sees a good target mixed rgt in iron in that manner??

or is that pushing it a bit for this particular unit?

That's one thing I love abut the FBS machines and part of why I'll be trying out the CTX soon enough but for the price of one of these I may just pick one up to toy around with it for a month or 2

let me know your thoughts/findings

Thanks

Wayne
January 08, 2014 07:33PM
I forgot to add in my earler posts - the 'Keyhole on iron' item is a corset fastener, the keyhole bit is brass, it attaches onto a stud in the way that some mirrors & picture frames have a keyhole to hook over a nail or screw-head. The iron is just what the rest of the contraption is made of. They are common finds here in the U.K.
January 08, 2014 11:51PM
The eurotek with Biaxial will not do what a G2 will do in iron with same coil.. plain and simple...

its not a bad machine but its not a leader in any regards to unmasking ...the freq does not allow for reactivity....and the gain is not as high as a Omega on the same freq...So it is what it is..

I actually used it in alot of spots and could not really make finds with it.. albeit the sights I was going to were hunted very hard...it might be a good plowed field unit for coin's artifacts...were the plowing brings the stuff to the top and the iron is small or decompsed.. ....

If you want better for unmasking and already have a G2 be satisfied...

if you want to hunt and only have a couple hundred bucks for a unit and it be the only machine and its between a Eurotek or a ace 350...I would opt for the eurotek,,,,good bang for the buck..

thanks for the I.D. Pimento!

Keith
January 10, 2014 12:36AM
I can truly say the Eurotek Pro with the 11" DD coil is the best I've used at that price level. I love the volume adjustment on iron (wish I had that on my F75 LTD). I set mine to 11 and really enjoy the low volume iron audio, actually pleasant. I very seldom increase the discrimination above 0 unless EMI is a problem, then and only then will I increase it a little bit at a time. The iron icon is a very useful feature when you have the iron audio turned off. Very quiet machine, but I've found EMI becomes an issue around overhead power lines. Not as deep as a lot of other machines, but can easily hit a 7" dime size target in fairly clean ground. Okay, I'll shut up now.

Eurotek Pro test garden results

[www.youtube.com]
January 10, 2014 03:57AM
bump