Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

DIG FELLAS on Travel Channel (I cannot belive this!!!)

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
DIG FELLAS on Travel Channel (I cannot belive this!!!)
August 23, 2013 05:48PM
Guys, do y'all remember Bill Ladd???? Him and his buddy have ther own show now!!!! I have been watching his Digging New England Youtube site for a few years. I was dozing off and heard Bill Ladd's unmistakeable voice!!!!!! I opened my eyes and it was him and his buddy *they hunt togther all the time". Now...I AM watching this episode and I will be able to tell scripted from real.....I think. Remember !!!! it is on the Travel Channel. Check this out:
Travel Channel announced today that its new series DIGFELLAS will premiere Wednesday, September 4 with back-to-back episodes at 8:00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.

Relic hunters Bill Ladd and Howard Hewitt embark on a quest to find and preserve America's past. In each episode, the duo investigates, isolates, and excavates a history-rich location, in search of precious relics and antiques. Using their expertise and deep historical knowledge, they separate treasures from trash. At the end of every dig, the duo meets with historical experts to authenticate their findings. Their journey is about "passion over profit" - the love of history and the adventure of uncovering it.

Read more about Travel Channel's DIGFELLAS to Debut on 9/4 - BWWTVWorld by www.broadwayworld.com

WOW!!!!! PASSION OVER PROFIT!!!!!!!! Go Bill Ladd!!!!!! Hey, I am giving them the benefit of the doubt!!!! I have spoken with Bill personally (in email) and bout two of his DVD;s. They seem for real to me. It'll be worth watching. My opinion.
Re: DIG FELLAS on Travel Channel (I cannot belive this!!!)
August 23, 2013 06:54PM
I too have talked with Bill AND bought his videos... I like the guy. He seems to enjoy all aspects of digging be it bottles, cellar holes or whatever. I hope he gets a fair shake as Rick Savage is an idiot!!!!

"Happy hunting" - Schultzie
August 23, 2013 07:46PM
Bill digs Coppa's a lot LOL!! He and Howard are awesome to watch these guys crack me up especially Howard when he makes a good find he is absolutely stoked and Bill gets just as excited! I would like to one day meet up with those two and do some digging I would probably have to take a change of clothes cause I'd end up pissing on myself laughing so much! I set my DVR up to record them today so yes I'm looking forward to their show.
August 23, 2013 09:14PM
It's going to be tough looking past that yankee accent but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until they prove to be no different than the rest of the dorks doing these shows.
August 23, 2013 10:05PM
Ha Ha, My guess is Mr Ladd is from Mass.......Yank he is, but we all don't talk like that......... I'd have to get use to that accent myself.

Bill and his sidekick Howard are very excitable. The producers may tell them to tune it down a bit.
August 23, 2013 10:35PM
With Howard , I bet there will be a lot of Beep beep beep......

Tom in SC
August 23, 2013 11:29PM
I've met Bill a couple of times at those DIV hunts. He is a bit hard for me to understand in that yankee talk...I guess I am the same way with him though via my Appalachian Mtn talk. He and I hunted close together on one of the hunts; he is a real digger for sure. Gets very excited digging what we would consider "common" Civil War relics...but he likes going after those bottles more so than detecting.
August 31, 2013 05:57AM
yup! bill's allright! been kicked off some
major forums,so he MUST be ok! he tells it like it is!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
August 31, 2013 06:02AM
these guys will do it right!
they are just regular folk enjoying detecting!
ladd is an old english "yankee" name,and this accounts for his accent.
he loves to hunt,and finds his fair share.

(h.h.!)
j.t.
August 31, 2013 01:37PM
Yep old U.S.A. is a melting pot and from my military days know the drill rel accents. Heck got transferred from N.E. Pa. to Western Pa. and was asked about my accent so not only from State to State...Bill Ladd lost his poster boy status when the old Fisher changed hands but indeed knows detecting and is a credit to hobby and now has found another way to pursue the hobby. Good luck Bill in your new adventures..
August 31, 2013 06:29PM
I for one love his Boston accent! I love the way they drop their r's. It would be a boring world if we all talked the same. And I would believe his finds and passion for the hobby over the rest of the clowns on cable digging shows.
August 31, 2013 06:40PM
Those boys get real close to doing a Daffy-Duck, across the pond....I think if they could, they would.
August 31, 2013 06:55PM
Sorry ,but I've yet to hear that accent come from anyone that didn't reek of East Coast liberal elitism. Like I said , I'll reserve judgement until I see the show but if they drive to their detecting site in a Volvo , it's not going to make it to the first commercial!!!!!!
August 31, 2013 09:01PM
Shoveler...ever been to South Boston ?
August 31, 2013 10:02PM
therover61 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Shoveler...ever been to South Boston ?

No. After I emmigrated from Minneapolis/St. Paul to the Southwest in 52 I've never had the hankering to cross the Mason /Dixon line again although I spent a few years in Manhattan Kansas.
I don't have a passport and from what I've heard , if I start the process now , the prostate's going to get to me first.
August 31, 2013 10:34PM
Could ya imagine Keith and Bill having a show together? Haha
August 31, 2013 10:56PM
shoveler Wrote:
> Sorry ,but I've yet to hear that accent come from
> anyone that didn't reek of East Coast liberal
> elitism. Like I said , I'll reserve judgement
> until I see the show but if they drive to their
> detecting site in a Volvo , it's not going to make
> it to the first commercial!!!!!!

That's some mighty impressive narrow mindedness you got going on there! That's not easy to do--congrats.
September 01, 2013 01:36AM
deathray Wrote:
> Could ya imagine Keith and Bill having a show
> together? Haha

That would be great ! I would watch that show in a heartbeat. After a hunt, they should go get a few beers in them and shoot the crap. That would be some interesting conversation.
September 01, 2013 01:57AM
Yeah Ray we would both need a Translator...LOL..

I would hate to be on T.V.

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2013 02:00AM by Keith Southern.
September 01, 2013 03:18AM
Ferrous Bueller Wrote:
> shoveler Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Sorry ,but I've yet to hear that accent come
> from
> > anyone that didn't reek of East Coast liberal
> > elitism. Like I said , I'll reserve judgement
> > until I see the show but if they drive to their
> > detecting site in a Volvo , it's not going to
> make
> > it to the first commercial!!!!!!
>
> That's some mighty impressive narrow mindedness
> you got going on there! That's not easy to
> do--congrats.

Thanx Ferrous , it requires focus and diligence but someones got to do it! Like I said twice, I'll give them a shot until they prove themselves not worthy.
It would only take one acquaintance to widen my perspective , just haven't met them yet---not saying they don't exist , just appear to be heavily outnumbered. smiling smiley
September 01, 2013 12:57PM
I'm with ya Keith, I like anonomitity .
September 01, 2013 09:38PM
deathray Wrote:
> Could ya imagine Keith and Bill having a show
> together? Haha

ROFL
September 02, 2013 12:04AM
They seem to be using the AT pro and AT Gold maybe a sponsir or just a great detector...will see what they can do next week and what they are using..

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
September 02, 2013 11:54PM
would prove to be interesting,AND entertaining!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
September 05, 2013 02:53PM
Well , there's nothing more disturbing than hearing someone with a thick yankee accent spouting off "We're the best" , and unfortunately that appears to be the tag line for the show. It's all down hill from there. Egos are more predominant than common sense when you film yourself in a canoe on choppy water while not wearing a life preserver---I know the film crew was there to rescue them.
September 05, 2013 02:57PM
I thought Bill Ladd was a FISHER guy...maybe GARRETT bought him out ; )

Is he still moderator on the classis FISHER forum on findmall?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2013 02:58PM by Aaron.
September 05, 2013 03:22PM
The show was just another cookie cut out of all the show on the network...got bored will stick with diggers on discovery

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
September 05, 2013 09:42PM
Aaron Wrote:
> I thought Bill Ladd was a FISHER guy...maybe
> GARRETT bought him out ; )
>
> Is he still moderator on the classis FISHER forum
> on findmall?

I think he got Banned from the Findmall forum.
September 05, 2013 10:44PM
Ho hum. Nothing to see here, move along. It was no big deal.
September 05, 2013 11:39PM
I am one absent-minded individual. I MISSED IT!!! Here I go announcing that I saw the previews while watching the Travel Channel a couple of weeks ago and about fell out of my seat when I saw Bill Ladd and Howard (Triple H) Hewitt on my television screen. Then......I ups and miss it.
So was it or was it not better than the others? I'll check the guide and see if there's a replay and I'll chime in with my review. In other news:
I got a chance to go to a little town in Mississippi yesterday (by invitation) and my partner and I hunted for four hours at a campsite (used by both Confederate and Union troops, .....at different tymes naturally) that was literally pockmarked with old holes. And guess what!! Each hole had the metal object that was dug and then placed back into the hole by the ones doing the digging. The previous diggers did not even have the common courtesy to wear a nail apron and haul their pull tabs and other metal stuff out with them. Evidently, they just placed them back in the hole and half covered the hole. There was several firepits with green glass shards pitched up alongside that were half covered back. I was embarrassed to be seen there. No....by no means am I all goodie two shoes....but I DO haul everything that I dig out with me so that you or the next digger doesn't have to dig it back up and look at it and pitch it in your pouch. I even picked up the green glass shards. I spent half of my digging time (that comes at a premium with me and my schedule...) policing up the area so that people who saw us there wouldn't think it was us that left it in a mess. But there were thousands, not hundreds, of holes. Some of the holes where dug by guys/gals who respected the hobby and their fellow hobbyist.
Crap, I have went and just totally hijacked my own thread. I'll cut me some slack this time. lol
Anyway, yes, I missed "Dig Fellas". I am trying to understand that title. lol