Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

First GOLD!!!! with new Deus.....plus a 1909 Native American-Head

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
First GOLD!!!! with new Deus.....plus a 1909 Native American-Head
December 17, 2013 09:37PM
I decided to go back up to the real trashy site at the old home. This is about 30 yards from my possible Confederate Clavary site (mentioned in another post). But quick.....to the ring. I passed my 3"x5" Rare Earth magnet by it....even laid it in ON it.......IT DIDN'T STICK!!!!! AT ALL!!!!!! WOW!!!!! This is my very FIRST GOLD RING!!!!! There appears to be a script "D" on it. The owners of the 100 year old house that is standing there......I am not sure what there names started with. I'll find out. The ring was in the midst of a mass of nails and other iron debris. About 4 inches down. It gave out a good clear signal from two directions. Immediately after pocketing this find....I got another iffy signal amongst the nails. I dig a plug. Stuck to the bottom of the plug is this 1909 Indian Head cent. WOW!!!! What a day!!!!!!! I was using Deus Fast. Sensitivity as high as I could go without chatter (97). I used 3.8 DISC and TWO TONES. Ground Balance....78.
Please feel free to burst my bubble. I am thinking that if it passed the magnet test....and the fact that the jeweler stamped 14K on the inside.......that it is real. On Gold Plated rings I have found.......there would be splintering where the ring has bends in the band. There are none on this one!!!! Fingers crossed!!!! Here guys and gals.....have a look-see:

I have only ran water over the penny. Just in case it's a rare one. But even if it's not numistacally rare......it's RARE for ME!!!!!! Thanks for looking. Wow!!! Merry Christmas!!!! kevin
PS: The ring weighs 61.5 GRAINS.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2013 09:39PM by Kevin B.
Re: First GOLD!!!! with new Deus.....plus a 1909 Native American-Head
December 17, 2013 10:01PM
Excellent find/s Kevin - looks like real gold to me!

HH
December 17, 2013 10:55PM
Nice finds there Kevin that looks like bling-bling for a man a rare sight indeed!! Does it fit? Might be time to tie the knot? LOL HH
December 17, 2013 11:15PM
Thanks fellas. Yes.....and all I did was run some tap water over it. The rich lustre was already there!!!!! I just read a book (actually a Diary) of a family, in the mid 1800's, who attempted to make the trek from Pennsylvania to California in search of gold. It was a horribly tragic story of death, scalpings, family loss, rapes, etc etc. All fo the family as lost except a teenage boy. He finished the trek himself. Gold fever. I suppose I can see what the fuss was about. But I seriously doubt that I will have enough gold in this ring to ..........buy a pair of shoes from the Bargain Bin. If I find the ancestors of the owner of this ring (I will have to be clever to find them without them knowing why) I will give them the ring. I just like finding the stuff. But by golly.....I am keeping the 1909 Indian head!!!! (and no, it doesn't have an S mark......grrrrr!) If it had....it would have been worth 2 or 3 hunnerd dollars.
I found those two items just SECONDS apart!!!!! I had only been sweeping this area about 10 minutes!!!! But I have gone over it countless times with my other two Deuses. I was in 18 khz. When the ground is soaked with water.....I drop to 12 khz. I have heard that saturated ground prefers a lower frequency. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway......can't wait until tomorrow. I had to cut my trip short today because I didn't have a sitter for my mother. I was going to detect for half and hour....run home......check on momma......and run back for another half hour. Tomorrow.....I will have a sitter.
Well, I have two forum members who says that it appears to be the real McCoy. (the ring). My confidence is getting stronger.
December 17, 2013 11:17PM
Congrats on your 14k gold ring.

To bad it doesn’t have European style hallmarks, that would make it much easier to date.
It might be an oldie.

Detecting since Feb, 2010
E-trac with 18"x15" SEF, 13" Ultimate coil, Pro coil, Minelab 8" coil, 4.5"x7" SEF, Sunray target probe
CTX3030 with 17"x13" DD coil, 11" DD coil
December 17, 2013 11:19PM
Great find! Sure looks gold to me. Nice hefty one, too. Be careful with the 09 I H. If it by chance would have a s mint mark, you have found a good one. HH jim tn
December 18, 2013 12:36AM
Big CONGRATS to your first gold ring Kevin. It's a whole lot BIGGER than my first!
December 18, 2013 12:46AM
Thanks for the replies guys!!!!!! I looked for the mint mark in the proper place on the Indian head and there was none. I likely would have fainted if there had been an S at the bottom of the back of the coin. I have enough Indian Heads to start some kind of display. I don't know what it is about Indian Heads......but I get the same satisfacton from finding one as I do a Mercury dime.
December 18, 2013 01:33AM
Grats on the finds. The ring is great but like you I have this thing for the Indian heads. Was cleaning what I thought were wheats today and one was a 1906 IH. What a treat .

Keep it up Kevin
Pac Man
December 18, 2013 01:38AM
Awesome finds. I love injuns and gold.
December 18, 2013 01:43AM
Awesome find
December 18, 2013 02:50AM
I'm quite certain the ring is gold. . . . . even just by a photo.
December 18, 2013 03:23AM
Thanks guys. I can go to bed tonight knowing that I found a "firsts" today. Pretty cool. Good night everyone.....and I appreciate everyone's kindness.
December 18, 2013 04:08AM
Congratulations Kevin I enjoy your post.
December 18, 2013 01:38PM
Congratulations!! Great finds! Love to see the gold...smiling smiley
December 18, 2013 05:11PM
Congrats on the gold ring.
Corey
December 18, 2013 06:39PM
Thanks guys. I have to admit something. My main intention was to "SHOW OFF" what I found. No....not to 'compete' with anyone. Not at all. But I haven't really got anybody here that I can say: "Hey !!!! Look what I found!!!!!" So, I must say, that y'all are my sounding board sometimes. Thanks for that. And thank you for your nice replies!!! I'm still kinda excited. Have a great day!!!! And a great winter!!!!
December 18, 2013 07:44PM
Nice ring Kevin...

Look's antique...

maybe 1930's?

Nice

Keith
December 18, 2013 09:26PM
Our Kevin has found himself a few early presents with his Deus.

Very nice finds indeed!!

Merry Chirstmas Kevin.

HH
Johnb
December 18, 2013 11:41PM
Congratulations on your first GOLD ring! The first gold is always special and never forgotten. Nice IH penny too.
December 22, 2013 03:33AM
$90.32 ring melt value , at least twice that on an auction site!! congrats on your first Deus gold. !!!!!!!

chuck.