Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Gotta CZ3D coming my way

Posted by therover61 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Gotta CZ3D coming my way
January 26, 2010 12:24AM
Just bought a like new used CZ3D ( serial 1021 and the owner tells me it was calibrated by Tom ) with a Sunray FZ probe. Can't wait to coin hunt with this machine.

This is going to be my main coin hunting unit, and I am going to keep the 8 inch coil on it even though I have all the other coils ( including the Sunday FZ12). I use them on my 6a's beach hunting and will continue to. Won't take the 3D to the beach much but would like to see if it sniffs out any older silver in the wet/semi wet sand. If I can run it in enhanced mode in those areas I will.

Was going to buy up another 6a ( have 2 already ) and was thinking of getting a CZ70 Pro ( but don't like the 2,4,6 etc. sens setting and notching is something I really don't use), but the 3D has always peaked my interest and since I am near lots of older sites and history ( near Trenton NJ), figured the 3D is my best choice to hunt for the older coins. Plus, I am a nut for the analog CZ's with knobs.

Anyone use the bigger coils on this machine and if so, what can you tell me in terms of ID and depth. Is the machine less stable with the bigger coils ?

I just got Toms video and watched it 3 times already and I like how he is using the stock coil, getting good ID, stable running and still going deep with good separation. I don't want to loose any of these qualities with the bigger coils if the only thing I get with them is more depth.

JC
Re: Gotta CZ3D coming my way
January 26, 2010 02:07AM
JC,

There's tons of CZ stuff on this forum and web-site. If you have time, try reading 'Fisher Intelligence' on the home page of this forum.............especially the 'Coil size Myths' article.
Re: Gotta CZ3D coming my way
January 26, 2010 09:52AM
Hi John,
That was you who got that mint 1021 on findmall, good for you! Thats funny we both bought those last 2. We both I think got great deals. He got my m.o. yesterday and is sending it today. Man, I cant wait! Hey check out the diamond ring I found last saturday. Sorry, not with one of my CZ's, it was with my V3, I love that machine too, its my second gold ring I found w/it since I got it 2.5 months ago. At V3 findmall
Aaron
Nice ring Aaron
January 26, 2010 11:44AM
Hunting a sledding hill huh ? They are good sites to hunt.

I think I got a good deal on the machine. Never used a pin pointer, but since I had Lasix surgery on my eyes, I can't see close up very well, so I find myself, when dirt hunting, fishihg around for the target. Lots of times I push it from the dirt onto the grass near by and it's a pain sometimes...especially dirty wheat pennies !

I figure when coin hunting, the pin pointer can't hurt.
Re: Nice ring Aaron
January 26, 2010 02:28PM
Your not gonna believe how much that pinpointer will help you. I was using a sun ray for 4 yrs and I am now using a Garrett propointer I know a lot of guys wouldn't agree but I find it more convient and works just as good. Can't wait to see what we will be finding this spring