Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Some good TV shows are out

Posted by Hungarian 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Some good TV shows are out
January 22, 2014 11:00PM
The curse of Oak Island on the History Channel. You can go up to their website and watch the first two episodes. I have been fascinated with Oak Island since I was a little kid. I hope they can at least figure out who buried the treasure there. I am holding out hope for the Templar Knights.

The other is a series called Klondike that just started Monday. I am not sure if there is a way to see the first episode without cable tv (discovery channel). One of the actors is Sam Shepard, who I am a big fan of ever since I saw the great western movie Blackthorn which was made in 2011.

Just thought I would share since the northeast is frozen.
Re: Some good TV shows are out
January 22, 2014 11:22PM
I could always watch a good western. I think the last good western I saw was Kurt Russell played Wyatt Earp and Val Kilmer was Doc Holiday.....Kilmer was excellent! Is Blackthorn a good western, Hungarian?
January 22, 2014 11:30PM
Yeah I missed Klondike....

Sort of wanted to watch it...Im sure it will replay...

I liked the Mini Series Bonnie and Clyde that History channel did...And the Killing Kennedy movie on Nat. Geo...was a nice movie..

And who could forget the Hatfields & McCoys on the hsiroty channel with Kevin Costner..!!!

thank's for the Oak Island show link..

Keith
January 22, 2014 11:54PM
I was fascinated by the Oak Island mystery since I was a kid too, and I have a feeling they're not gonna find anything there. It's probably some pirates idea of a joke 300yrs ago.
January 23, 2014 12:00AM
Ozzie --

I agree with you on "Tombstone." Excellent movie, and Val Kilmer was INCREDIBLE in that movie, playing Doc Holliday...

Steve
January 23, 2014 12:04AM
I've been to Oak Island a number of times...I live about 2.5 hours from it...lots of mystery and junk where others have tried to find treasure...they need one more death on the Island before it will give up the treasure...according to folk lure...
It's got a foot of snow on it now....smiling smiley

Aaron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was fascinated by the Oak Island mystery since I
> was a kid too, and I have a feeling they're not
> gonna find anything there. It's probably some
> pirates idea of a joke 300yrs ago.
January 23, 2014 12:08AM
Do they still actually know the original spot where those 2 kids found the depression in the ground and block and tackle?
January 23, 2014 01:25AM
Yes they know original spot where Daniel McGinnis and his friends John Smith and Anthony Vaughan,worked the hole.
One a summer day in 1795...

The last major discoveries came in 1976 when Triton dug what is known as Borehole 10-X, a 237 foot tube of steel sunk 180 feet northeast of the Money Pit. During the digging several apparently artificial cavities were found down to 230 feet.

A camera lowered down to a bedrock cavity at 230 feet returned some amazing images. At first a severed hand could be seen floating in the water. Later three chests (of the treasure type I would presume) and various tools could be made out. Finally a human body was detected.

After seeing the images, the decision was made to send divers down for a look. Several attempts were made but strong current and poor visibility made it impossible to see anything.

Soon after the hole itself collapsed and has not been reopened.

Aaron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Do they still actually know the original spot
> where those 2 kids found the depression in the
> ground and block and tackle?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2014 01:26AM by Whimpster.
January 23, 2014 01:47AM
Tombstone is one of my all time favorites. I'm your huckleberry. Val Kilmer was great. That Hatfield and McCoy show was great too. Haven't seen the Bonny and Clyde one. I'll have to look for that one. I recorded the Klondike show but haven't watched it yet. I have been watching Oak Island. It's interesting. That story is all new to me.

Discrimination is the root of all evil.
January 23, 2014 06:29PM
I watched all three episodes of Klondike....awesome show!!!!!
January 24, 2014 12:31AM
My all time favorite western was the original True Grit with John Wayne. To me the remake sucked! Why can't they leave the original great movies alone? I didn't like the sequel Roster Cogburn with Ketheren Hepburn as the Rooster Cogburn charater wasn't as good something was off?