Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F19 specs and pic

Posted by lrsjr 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: F19 specs and pic
March 28, 2014 01:22AM
What's the price of the F-19?
March 28, 2014 01:33AM
WE NEED TO SEE WHAT ELSE IS COMING OUT THEY HAVE TO HAVE A NEXT STEP UNIT OR TWO. THIS MAYBE A WAY FOR MOST OF US TO SAY PASS AND THEN THEY HIT US WITH THE NEXT NEW DETECTOR AND WERE ALL ON IT AND HAVE TO HAVE IT...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 28, 2014 02:43AM
MichiganRelicHunter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It looks like it still has "all metal mode" to me
> Steve
>
> the rgt hand knob still looks like it has the same
> function as on the GBP
>
> but
>
> if they did take that feature away = "forget it"!

I have a queasy feeling that the knob on right when turned does not activate all metal mode but instead activates new notch mode. Turning the knob will adjust the notch width. Plus and minus buttons will shift location of the notch. Dedicated all metal mode may be missing. That would figure as $699 MSRP would put it right under F70 price and still not rob Gold Bug Pro sales.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2014 03:28AM by Steve Herschbach.
March 28, 2014 05:44AM
Actually a unit meant to go head to head with the XP crowd over here in Europe.
Instant ground balance, Fetone so you don't have to listen to the iron all the time, disc and notch.
Elliptical closed coil pushes through the maize stubble, so you can walk through it at 90°. Means you don't have to narrow your swing to row width.

You really don't need much else when out in the field.

Contrary to the general field crowd with their XP machines, I use an X-terra 705 with 18,75 kHz coil DD eliptical for the purpose, or the CTX3030 with the 6".
Both are very EMI resistant and let you detect the fields up close to town, even under millitary radar stations.

Stick some wireless headphones on it, no need to develop their own brand. Plenty of decent wireless kit out their for a day out in the field collecting rotten coins LOL
You do get a real beauty now and again in the shape of a gold coin,... like once in a lifetime??

HH
Johnb
March 28, 2014 02:48PM
I have a feeling FTP has something even better than that, yet to come...
March 28, 2014 03:10PM
If you remember the Detecting show that was on last year, The guy had a Multi-freq. machine that he said was a prototype. Looked like a F75.......

Tom in SC
March 28, 2014 04:05PM
That's what they've been working on for awhile now.
I bettin sometime this year.
March 29, 2014 06:49AM
Steve Herschbach Wrote:
> MichiganRelicHunter Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > It looks like it still has "all metal mode" to
> me
> > Steve
> >
> > the rgt hand knob still looks like it has the
> same
> > function as on the GBP
> >
> > but
> >
re
> > if they did take that feature away = "forget
> it"!
>
>
> I have a queasy feeling that the knob on right
> when turned does not activate all metal mode but
> instead activates new notch mode. Turning the knob
> will adjust the notch width. Plus and minus
> buttons will shift location of the notch.
> Dedicated all metal mode may be missing. That
> would figure as $699 MSRP would put it right under
> F70 price and still not rob Gold Bug Pro sales.

Thats what it looks like to me as well, If it had all metal VCO they would put it out there and if it did it would be the kicker for me but as Lowboy says not enough to put aside my G2 Just yet.
March 29, 2014 11:42AM
Having the iron audio is a very good plus for a relic detector. I really like my ET Pro for that. I'm sure it will be a hit over the waters. It's like 1st Texas is holding back like some of you guys are saying. But I'm pretty happy with my F75 and Eurotek Pro for now.
April 05, 2014 01:48AM
Found a better resolution pic off an italian website...

What I can make out is

runs on 4 AA's???news to me....but thats what I am reading...guy reporting it says less current drain faster processor's..

No 1/8 jack just 1/4 now

Left knob says Power under it and gain in the circle

Right knob says Mode under it..disc is in clicked position .and unclicked is all metal and as your turn it threshold adjustment,,,,, both these Knobs are as the GB and G2..

New buttons

Seperate pinpoint button on bottom center of face plate

Top button dual purpose according to mode in use top center of face plate..

top button for disc/notch adj ..probably hold it down and use the arrows while in disc mode..to accept and reject numbers
top button also does ground grab while in All metal mode and arrows can adjust ground bal manually also while in all metal mode

Arrows +/- by themselves when in disc mode without top button pressed will maybe control the iron volume..

backlight stay on all the time like F75...

Still speculatuion but I can see that it now has a true all metal mode ...
Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2014 02:04AM by Keith Southern.
April 05, 2014 04:48AM
Hmmmm

just as I suspected

might be worth a try for the rgt price

still needs a BP though! and a 3rd tone would be the cats meow :-)
wjs
April 05, 2014 12:06PM
Could this be a real pic?

[prikachi.com]
April 05, 2014 05:13PM
Hey Wayne...

I hear the G2 will be hotter....Boosted not sure. but more punch all the same...

Third tone???

Not sure why the G2 will get more power and the F19 does not?

Im thinking they market the G2 as a pure Old sites machine and the F19 maybe as a relic/coin/jewelry..since it has the notch feauture..

Something tells me a G2 will be stripped down to like it is now with maybe a iron volume and more power and possible back light added.?

Keith
April 06, 2014 02:10AM
Steve Herschbach Wrote:
> MichiganRelicHunter Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > It looks like it still has "all metal mode" to
> me
> > Steve
> >
> > the rgt hand knob still looks like it has the
> same
> > function as on the GBP
> >
> > but
> >
> > if they did take that feature away = "forget
> it"!
>
>
> I have a queasy feeling that the knob on right
> when turned does not activate all metal mode but
> instead activates new notch mode. Turning the knob
> will adjust the notch width. Plus and minus
> buttons will shift location of the notch.
> Dedicated all metal mode may be missing. That
> would figure as $699 MSRP would put it right under
> F70 price and still not rob Gold Bug Pro sales.

Does that mean it will sorta be like the Tesoro golden on notch?
April 06, 2014 02:44AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> Hey Wayne...
>
> I hear the G2 will be hotter....Boosted not sure.
> but more punch all the same...
>
> Third tone???
>
> Not sure why the G2 will get more power and the
> F19 does not?
>
> Im thinking they market the G2 as a pure Old sites
> machine and the F19 maybe as a
> relic/coin/jewelry..since it has the notch
> feauture..
>
> Something tells me a G2 will be stripped down to
> like it is now with maybe a iron volume and more
> power and possible back light added.?
>
> Keith

Keith

as you know we can only speculate on what they'll offer on the new G2 (G3? or G2 Pro?)

but

I have a hunch it'll have all that you mention above PLUS some additional features of some type

I don't see why they'd just do a repeat of an F19 in a G2 package (as they did the 1st time around with the G2 and Gold Bug Pro) with the only difference being the rod config

doesn't seem to make good business sense to me to repeat that same process/offer (although I could be wrong!)

and/but

they've been listening to what we've been asking for (proof is in the F19) as it has the backlight and iron vol control added plus the notch feature

so

hopefully they are going to surprise us with something a bit more at the higher end with the new G2

maybe on top of all the F19 offers - additionally a multi/dual freq.? 3 & 4 tones if chosen via the menu? BP hopefully?

whatever it is they do/add --- I'm sure (as you say) it's going to be a Old sites machine (Relic hunter) and most likely a very good one to give the GMP/Deus, and the CTX a run for their $$ :-)

How about the G2 as is with added Iron Vol. Control, a Back Light, a Notch feature, 1 - 4 tones option, a BP AND 3 frequencies running simultaneously!? Like 8KHz 19KHz and 25KHz all at once!

I'd be sold before it hit the market ;-)
April 06, 2014 03:09AM
Heres what I guess Wayne...

They will give us a higher priced unit with some added features the G2 will probably climb up to the 850.00 mark or so ..

then they can give you the whole deal in the T2 F75 flagships and raise the cost on up above the 1500.00 mark retail...I would bet those machines get a Multi freq add on plus alot of other goodies like iron volume and varible tone breask and such....Im thinking the G2 might be good enough to replace the T2 in performance if its boosted...

I only say this because they are getting so many machines in the line up now.....

Maybe they will drop the delta and such and replace with the euro's ..if not they have alot of machines in production...

Maybe fisher will keep the F75 in the lineup and have the F80? as the flagship..Since they hvae less machines to offer it so seems...

I have heard of a boosted omega aslo ..and if the EMI is taken care of that would be a sweet unit..

but doubt the G2 will be multi freq...but I bet it will be a heck of a unit if done right..

its already a heck of a unit I just want it boosted and im a happy camper..

Im glad the G2 sems to be going the way of a specialty machine..its time manufacturers here in the states built us specialty detectors ..theres no reason they should not nowadays ...

oh well fun to guess is it not..

Keith
April 06, 2014 03:18AM
Definitely needs more punch!!! Ive been going back over the same spots using the Tejon I got from you Keith ,and killing it!I love the gb pro,but it just doesnt punch through the sites I have.
April 06, 2014 03:23AM
Yes Ray!!!

More punch....

and Yes a good hot Tejon will do wonders in iron..especially with the 5.75 coil of concentric design...

I find the GMP to be akin to a Tejon with tones if that makes sense to you...

Im not sure if the Tejon was not the building block for that unit..

the eurpopeans have alwasy been fascinated with the Tesoro's in there iron sites and for Good reason!

they can sniff brass in iron very well..

Keith
April 06, 2014 03:37AM
I'd settle for a new G2 with back light, iron vol control, and a BP of some type (or something that makes it punch deeper).

If they gave us those features at a minimum - I'd be sold
April 06, 2014 12:17PM
The reason the G2 and GB-Pro are the same unit is........... there are "Teknetics" dealers (mostly in Europe) of whom EXCLUSIVELY/ONLY sell Teknetics. And there are Fisher dealers that exclusively sell only Fishers...... and do not carry Teknetics. Both dealers wanted that machine....... but in there exclusive branding.

The reason why the U.S. does not // did not have the Euro style "site specific" (carpets of nails) specialty detectors is: "You do not know...... what you do not know". The U.S. did not know that our demand for mega-iron/carpets-of-nails sites for specialty detectors was in such high demand. Because of this sites 'technical/serious hunters' of whom 'discovered' the unknown..... AND posted about it.... in specific/technical (usable) detail............... the markets are adjusting/changing.

We are also becoming more 'aware' of the need for a detector that goes MUCH deeper with a SMALLER coil......... for sites that had humans on it. (((We are learning that: we are a 'trashy' breed! ))).
April 06, 2014 06:14PM
I notice the 5x10 coils on this machine does not have the 7 ft cord..

I actually like this...

I have a 7 foot cord and swapping coils even with permanent mounted lower rod on the coil it takes awhile to wrap it around the pole..

I have thought of shortening the cable a few times myself...Just never got around to it...

Also new type headphone jack...1/4 inch style...

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2014 06:16PM by Keith Southern.