Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

First Texas 3 New Detectors

Posted by Hungarian 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
First Texas 3 New Detectors
June 22, 2014 11:15AM
[detecting.com]

3 new bounty hunters which appear to be similar to the eurotek models
wjs
Re: First Texas 3 New Detectors
June 22, 2014 11:59AM
June 22, 2014 02:42PM
Hmmmm

add a Fe readout and you have a Gold Bug Pro/DP
June 22, 2014 02:57PM
We still have to wait for the good stuff

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
June 22, 2014 05:25PM
I like it...

looks like alot of detector for 450.00.

Better than a Eurotek pro it so seems...ground grab=big upgrade...V-Break -hope its variable in iron range also.......Bi-axial standard....

Wonder what the freq is...7.8?

Wonder if the coils are screw on or push on..

Glad to see First Texas put some resources into the Bounty hunter line...

Alos lets us Know that their Technology has become very cost efficient to produce..

The T2 platform must of made them a ton of money...

Funny on the T2 .. At the time they did not have Fisher but did have the Teknetic's name right's....I guess they were afraid to build the awesome T2 and call it a Bounty Hunter so the Tek line was born...I would of called it the T2 Bounty Hunter...

all marketing though I assume..

Keith
June 22, 2014 05:49PM
As I recall First Texas Brought out the other brands first IE Teknetics.
June 22, 2014 06:33PM
I think who ever bought out George Payne in 1989 or 1990 they got the Bounty and Teknetics line...and shelved the Teknetics line...

On the First Texas site its say's they bought Bounty Hunter in 1999?????? But as I look through the old magazines from even 1990 bounty hunter is owned by First Texas MFG.Co Elpaso Texas...So Weird is it not..

I could of swore that First Texas bought out Bounty hunter and Tek in 1989 or so from George Payne directly..

Keith

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2014 11:24PM by Keith Southern.
June 23, 2014 01:33AM
Looks cool. I wonder if it has a 3 or 2 piece rod.

Discrimination is the root of all evil.
June 23, 2014 10:19PM
It looks cheap and plastic like the usual First Texas detector. JMHO.
June 24, 2014 02:11AM
Aren't most detectors made of plastic nowadays?

June 24, 2014 02:21AM
I Agee, looks cheap and plastic. I prefer a more solid build and feel like the CZ's had. But times have changed and it looks like cheaper build quality for bigger profits are where they are going for the future. Kind of makes it harder and harder to pay higher prices for detectors with a limited lifespan. No way they will be working twenty years later. Push pads wear out in a short timespan compared to knobs. Just my opinion.
June 24, 2014 02:35AM
I think we are all still waiting to see what Fisher comes out with this year. It has to have something new and not improved the next step a hybird

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

June 24, 2014 02:40AM
search and recovery Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I Agee, looks cheap and plastic. I prefer a more
> solid build and feel like the CZ's had. But times
> have changed and it looks like cheaper build
> quality for bigger profits are where they are
> going for the future. Kind of makes it harder and
> harder to pay higher prices for detectors with a
> limited lifespan. No way they will be working
> twenty years later. Push pads wear out in a short
> timespan compared to knobs. Just my opinion.

Yep

it all went to xxxx when we (the USA) adopted the Asian philosophy of business and manufacturing practices starting back in the late 70s/early 80s (faster, cheaper, etc.) :-(

Some here in the USA held out for a while (into the 90s) but look at most everything now --- no where near what/how it used to be made (not even close)...
June 24, 2014 02:47AM
No doubt Wayne....just look at our tools...Milwakee,Dewalt, all Chinese crap...so to stray,had to vent,lol.
June 24, 2014 08:55AM
Let's get serious here. Are we going to put up with poor quality that will never last. Computer controls is great. Faster processors , wonderful , iron unmasking, astounding. But why can it not be put into a machine that can last for twenty years like a CZ? None of us serious detectorists would mind paying for quality components that last. But today's planned obsolescents in three years or less just does not cut it for me. Fisher/ Technetics has got to keep some of the old craftsmanship to go along with the ground breaking improvements that is forthcoming or I will find other manufacturers who will build quality into there detectors. I just traded a G2 for a Vista RG 1000 V2 because the G2,although nice, felt like a toy that would break at any time in my hands. It worked fine; although not the deepest machine. Just never felt like it could last long with the push pad screen. Just my opinion again. Come on guys, if you are going to charge more for quality machines, at least make a machine that has quality built into it. That is all that I ask for...Stuart
June 24, 2014 11:37AM
I have a 15 year-old digital White's XLT, a 15 year-old digital CZ-7a, 12 year-old digital Coin$trike...... and a (5th Gen proto) 9 year-old digital Teknetics T2. All are still going strong. No 'digital' error ..... including touch pads.
June 24, 2014 01:59PM
Stuart, talk about crappy build quality, its the vista line! I had a vista gold. While it performed well, the build quality was crap. Wobbly knobs ( which they have now fixed) the battery box was cheap plastic , the cover held on by a sheet metal screw, the shafts would not slide well inside the other, I had to sand down the edges. After using the standard search coil a dozen times,, I had to return it, because it quit working. ( they replaced it free) I'll take the build quality of a FT any day over the Vista line.
June 24, 2014 02:39PM
I think they make them plastic to make it lighter weight. If you want a detector made of metal, Whites still makes them. My TDI has the exact same metal box as my Coinmaster 6000 Di S2 hipmount. That's an early 80s machine and a 2009 machine with the same control housing.

June 24, 2014 03:21PM
The only way they can make money is for the cost of building these machines to go down. It use to be when a new TV or Camera and things of that nature came out for the first time everything was top of the line after a few years they would find a way to make it for less and you could see how they cut corners. With metal detecting now they come out with more plastic and face plates that scratch. Would like to see fisher make a machine that is tough are hobby is a tough one with digging being in the woods. If they made guns like that they wouldn't last a season....but that seems to be the way it is thank god I have so many years of hunting and so many cool finds that I never feel like I was cheated in this hobby. Now it is so hard to find a good place to hunt

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

June 24, 2014 03:22PM
still no sign of a collapsible stem ,its so easy really compared with bits of tubing with holes like a flute and spring loaded catches .only found on military issues
June 24, 2014 05:13PM
I believe in the next decade or so the large plastic enclosures will become a thing of the past..

I believe the way of the future will be wireless and it wil be cheap to build..

probably a phone app and a blutetooth coil....wear your google glass for heads up display...

DEUS has already proven that they can do what they want with basically nothing.. a small chip in the coil and someway to remote control the settings..

a phone app could control the coil in my opinion...but then we would just have a $300 coil and a $50.00 app to downlaoad...

all we would need would be a sturdy coil and pole...build the coil right and it would be basically maintanence free ...

the things we see as cheap and flimsy will probably disappear as we move along...

Keith
June 24, 2014 06:39PM
Possum, yeah the Vistas are cheaply built too. However they are a young company that is growing and improving their machines. The replacement coils and knobs are a definite improvement, and I hope they will get rid of the cheap plastic shafts and go to metal ones on the pots for their controls in the future. But they are showing innovation in their thinking with fast processors and the iron volume control on the Gold. I am hoping to see F/T and some of the other big companies step up with this kind of improvements in the near future. I would rather buy U.S. products whenever possible. Maybe the U.S. Big name companies have just gotten too big to allow the designers and engineers a chance to think outside of the box and try some new directions in their product lines. At least with Carl coming over from Whites to F/T it appears that there is a chance for something new and innovative to be seen in the near future.
Will, I agree with you completely on the TDI and that is why I own one. Very solid machine. I do have too many detectors (Is that possible?) , but I guess it is the electronics nut in me, always looking for something a little better whether coin, relic, or beach hunting. The older I get the less impressed I am with bells and whistles and the more important performance and build quality becomes. The Vista Gold does need improving on the build quality and time will show if that happens. If not then I will get rid of it and just buy a GMP. Better quality, just hard to buy one in the States still. The TDI, CZ's, Gold Bug II, Soveign GT (yes it is plastic but solid built with knobs and switches),and Excallibur are all top of the line build quality and high performance machines and will remain in my stable of detectors. I am to the point that one machine has to go before I purchase another supposed newer, faster, and better machine. These are serious tools and not toys and at today's prices I just like to feel that the machine in my hands will last for many years to come. To me, the plastic feel of some of these light weight detectors just is not inspiring confidence in my equipment. Not to say that they are not good detectors, just not what I prefer. Again all of this is just my opinions and everyone has a right to theirs. That is why there are more good detectors made today than ever before and hopefully soon their will be even more innovative machines out that takes detecting to a whole new level, and I hope it is an American company who does it.
June 25, 2014 01:38AM
garrett and minelab both have machines out now that are heavy, bulky, and have horrible ergonomics!(ctx3030 and the atx) supposedly rugged and built tough. neither are hip mountable or customizable in any way. the ctx is about $2,500.00 and is having a multitude of problems in the field from leaking, cams on the shaft locking up, the shaft wearing thin in spots and the armcuffs falling off/breaking. i have heard no bad reports on the atx other than it being bulky and heavy.

i applaud ftp for building lightweight machines, with thought and effort being put into the ergonomics!!!!! of course if you compare metal to plastic, the plastic is going to feel very different and not as strong but in reality in this case, its actually an advancement in getting rid of the weight. the strength is still there, my f75 and g2 have held up extremely well and are a joy to hold and swing and i will take that over an xlt or tdi's bulkiness and weight any day!

ftp, if you build anything resembling the ctx or atx please make the control housing and or the battery housing hipmountable!!!!!!!!

chuck.
June 25, 2014 01:55AM
The TDI has a built in belt clip. You just take the box off of the rod and slip it right on your belt. I can swing it all day.

June 25, 2014 02:16AM
We are all going to see more and more products made from carbon fiber. Steve
June 25, 2014 02:26AM
PittsburghWill Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The TDI has a built in belt clip. You just take
> the box off of the rod and slip it right on your
> belt. I can swing it all day.

yes, i have one!! in my opinion its uncomfortable to hip mount(too big)!! i put mine in a backpack, much better!!!!!!!!

chuck.
June 25, 2014 02:33AM
I find the TDI well balanced...can swing that sucker all day!
June 25, 2014 03:05AM
Keith hit the nail on the head....I believe the way of the future will be wireless and it wil be cheap to build..

probably a phone app and a blutetooth coil....wear your google glass for heads up display...glasses that give us a display wow that would be so cool to see your screen that way..It may happen but I'll be a relic in the ground I think we may miss out on the best idea that I've heard in a long time...go Keith

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

June 25, 2014 05:45PM
I hope they kept the old BH Frequency. There is still a need for the lower frequency.

HH
Mike
June 25, 2014 09:26PM
Maybe I'm wrong, or crazy, but how does plastic "look" cheap without touching it. My Eurotek Pro is plastic, but very light. It also does not feel cheap. Just my observation.
I am looking forward to some new units to check out.
HH all