Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fors CoRe Thoughts and Testing Videos

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Liaso...

I tried that mode on DEUS...but was not as good as the two tone mode on DEUS with exact nails disc...

Thanks

Keith
Wonder if the new fisher f75ltd with fa mode would pass that test....
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> I almost see the CoRe as a Work horse...
>
> Keith

Hi Keith,

That pretty much sums it up for me. Some machines I have to work to learn, the Nokta I took to instantly. I'm working it instead of it working me.
Re: Fors CoRe Thoughts and Testing Videos
October 31, 2014 10:15AM
Say Keith I appreciate you taking the two do the video/test. Ireally did not mean for you to go through that much trouble but I should have known that you would.

Looks like the Core has a lot going for it. I had read the manual online and it says that some changes to settings are independent of the other modes but I could not tell if those changes were saved when the machine was turned off.

Thanks again
Pac Man
October 31, 2014 01:39PM
Pac man Wrote:
> Say Keith I appreciate you taking the two do the
> video/test. Ireally did not mean for you to go
> through that much trouble but I should have known
> that you would.
>
> Looks like the Core has a lot going for it. I had
> read the manual online and it says that some
> changes to settings are independent of the other
> modes but I could not tell if those changes were
> saved when the machine was turned off.
>
> Thanks again
> Pac Man

Pac Man, there is an option to save default settings. I will look in the manual. I think I saw it on a video prior to buying the Core.

Just saw this on Gary's Forum:

If you want to save your settings simply press the arrow up key, hold it for 6 seconds then press the minus key.

Tom in SC

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2014 01:44PM by tmanly.
Keith Southern Wrote:
> Liaso...
>
> I tried that mode on DEUS...but was not as good as
> the two tone mode on DEUS with exact nails
> disc...
>
> Thanks
>
> Keith

Thanks Keith
Ill try and make a F75 LTD with the FA mode Video doing the test...

Remember these are all just in airtest and when in the dirt everything changes regarding unmasking...

but on a general rule to be honest with you I have found that if a machine can hear targets doing the nail deck test they are usually good in the field at unmasking in iron.....if they dont do well at that simple test I have also found in the field they dont do well at unmasking in iron...Actually me pesonally wont even own a VLF that wont pass my nail deck test on my back porch...

The video I show of the small coil on the CoRe on the longways nail I saw as worth showing as that is a hard target for any machine..if a machine can hear that target it is very sleuthy.....

I find it funny on the CoRe...I can turn it on ground bal and be unmasking ..Its That simple..no tone break to bother with etc..

That seems to be the beauty of the BLEED audio with the absence of variable tone break 40 is critical enough when a nail bleeds to the high side easily yet intelligently....when using that small coil you for sure go for the round solid high tone in iron..and its quite impressive what it unmask when comparing to other unit's....small coil + Punch + Blendy 2 tone audio + hot sens= finds in iron....
November 01, 2014 12:57AM
My Vista Gold and 7-1/2 x 11 elliptical coil aces the elevated nail test with ease even with the boards/nails much closer together . Still hard to beat the Vista gold at unmasking in heavy nails coil for coil and it is a breeze to set up and go with almost zero nail falsing ...
November 01, 2014 01:10AM
Silverhound....DTVG excellent unit for sure...

Thats small 5 inch round DD coil does amazing things in iron too...

Hmmm seems to be a pattern of Euro machines doing good in iron...LOL!!!!

Keith
November 01, 2014 01:25AM
tmanly Wrote:
> Pac man Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Say Keith I appreciate you taking the two do
> the
> > video/test. Ireally did not mean for you to go
> > through that much trouble but I should have
> known
> > that you would.
> >
> > Looks like the Core has a lot going for it. I
> had
> > read the manual online and it says that some
> > changes to settings are independent of the
> other
> > modes but I could not tell if those changes
> were
> > saved when the machine was turned off.
> >
> > Thanks again
> > Pac Man
>
> Pac Man, there is an option to save default
> settings. I will look in the manual. I think I saw
> it on a video prior to buying the Core.
>
>
> Just saw this on Gary's Forum:
>
> If you want to save your settings simply press the
> arrow up key, hold it for 6 seconds then press the
> minus key.
>
>
> Tom in SC

Thanks Tom. I was reading the manual online and for some reason I always miss things that I pickup on reading hard copy.
PacMan
Re: Unmasking video Test
November 01, 2014 09:16AM
Steve Herschbach Wrote:
> Rick, I always prefer locked or fixed ground
> balance when it makes sense. When covering ground
> for hours however the worry is not tracking out a
> target but in finding a target. Auto keeps the
> unit at optimum level over changing mineralization
> with less worry over monitoring and updating the
> ground balance. Minelab in meetings makes a good
> case for many people simply not being as good as
> their automatic tracking and they recommend most
> people use it, and given the proficiency level of
> people that only get out but rarely that is good
> advice. For me, it helps the most in places where
> the rocks are so mixed up, like a cobble pile,
> that there really is no one good setting, and
> tracking just smooths it all out. In, the best
> thing is to have it available, and use it or not
> as needed or desired. I would rather have it and
> not use it, than need it and not have it.

To track or not to track,... that is the question.
When at the beach I'm really kind of prospecting for deep targets.
Using the all-metal mode on the Excalibur, the threshold on the SDC2300, you can mostly hear when it's adjusting for the mineral content.
Tracking speed and my detecting sweep speed are about just wright to intelligently hear when you are going over a different stretch of mineral.

The CTX in pinpoint has a very slow SAT speed. Makes it easy to judge target size and shape, just a tad too slow to be useable without frequent retuning.
Switching ON and OFF.

I mis the tracking of the X-terra 705 on the F19, but the 705 lacks any ID when used in Prospecting mode.
Granted you don't always want ID in propecting mode, but it really is nice to have it.
Minelab an 805 perhaps,... Slow, normal, fast tracking and ID in prospecting mode,... stick the batteries under the armcuff,... straight shaft,... pretty please!!

The F19 in disc mode, mostly coin hunting will tell you when the minerals are too strong and you need to ground balance. I don't use any disc at all and it lets the mineral come in when out of adjustment.

HH
Johnb
November 01, 2014 11:20AM
Keith, watched both of your nail test with the Cores a few nights ago.
It had me thinking about my AKA Berkut, it doesn't have the machine gun type of separation like others when sweeping across multiple targets spaced close together.
Had me wondering about its real potential amongst iron. Or masking a good target by iron. In the field it seems to be an excellent machine in the trash, sqweeking out a high tone amongst most low tones.
I was normally hunting in multi-tones (10 or 91 tones).

Something clicked in my brain watching your videos. So what I did was duplicate your test with my Berkut using the 6" 14khz, as thats what was on it at the time. Haven't tried the 6" 7khz with your test yet.
Anyways, if I switch to 2 tones or three, the Berkut passes your tests with flying colors with the US nickel. Had some difficulty with the elevated test using the US clad dime. When I could get a high tone, it was only one way. So the trick
in trash with the Berkut is drop down to two or three tones. Took the Berkut out for a quick hunt and did find that 2 or three tones was much better to hunt in. I have yet to hunt in the 5 tone mode.

Thanks to your test I was able learn a few new things about this detector.

Here's some thing quirky I found, might happen to other machines. Canadian coins are made up of different composition steel, nickel and whatever. They always give ID machine fits, ID numbers don't lock on and or bounce around.
The newest coins tend to read iron on ID machines, so you would probably pass the target up or disc it out. Using the 6" 14khz coil, I can easily pick up the $2 coin at 7" deep in a hole lying flat, gives a high tone, high ID positive 67-74 number, even on edge, no problem picking it up. That is with no dirt on top of the coin. Now cover it up with soil. The Berkut picks the coin up again with no problem, flat or on edge with a low tone and ID's as a negative 67-74. I tried the same test with the newest dime, nickel, quarter. Same ID numbers in the iron zone and low tone. This only happens with the newer composition clad coins. I know from past experiences, using other ID machines when Canadian clad are on edge, they will target ID with a low tone and a minus number. The biggest surprise with the Berkut was that it had no trouble picking up the coins on edge just as deep when lying flat. Note that this was a freshly buried coin test.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2014 11:44AM by Sven1.
Stock coil Vs F75 FA stock coil (Video)
November 01, 2014 04:37PM
Heres a video for the Stock coil and the F75 stock coil on a nail test..

please remember these are just test...and one thing one machine does well does not mean it does everything well...Allmachiens are different...but if your after envelope pushing performance and any little bit helps then again multi machines are required..

Im sort of against comparing one machine to another but at the same time I think everyone Knows how good a F75 or T2 can unmask so if it helps to even make the FA clear for a person on the fence then all the better for that...

One good thing is you can take your stock f75 and do this simple type test and see if FA is for you...

[www.youtube.com]

Keith
November 01, 2014 04:54PM
Glad you got to test the Berkut in some NEW LIGHT..

that's the great thing people testing,pushing,thinking outside the box at times it will get results they need to succeed ..

I myself prefer just two tone for any kind of serious unmasking...

Im anxious to see your results on 7Khz with small coil...I will hold my thoughts on that for Know...

I'm happy the videos have triggered you to test and at the same time find a Niche for your Canadian coins Hopefully...

Get a video camera and show us that AKA in action..

I would love to see more people take aim at videoing testing of machines we dont have available or on hand..

Keith
Re: Stock coil Vs F75 FA stock coil (Video)
November 01, 2014 05:40PM
Keith. I was able to replicate your results for the 11" and 5" coils with my updated F-75. I then put on my small elliptical concentric coil and it nailed the nickle and the dime clearly in the test where they arecentered on the nail.

I also noticed in your test that the FA mode is noisier than the DE mode - same with mine.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
Re: Stock coil Vs F75 FA stock coil (Video)
November 01, 2014 05:58PM
I dont have the small elliptical Concentric Rick...Good info...

I may pick that coil up this coming week....Im going to a dealer Ill see if I can grab one...

hard to beat out of round coils for unmasking...

I beleive thats where the Nokta gets and edge in iron is the small coil is UNIQUE in shape...

Yes the FA mode is sparky...

I believe its that way because its sped up, so gain is increased to offset the depth loss of being faster.... the first FA mode was anemic and behaved different ...then they reworked it and added some depth and sizzle...

Glad they did...

Keith
November 02, 2014 02:31PM
'

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2014 06:44PM by skinner.
November 03, 2014 08:10AM
Hey Keith,did you tried a depth comparison?

thanks
Liaso
November 09, 2014 02:16AM
One thing I notice is the Core does not like fresh burried target at depth like some detectors......

Seems to rely on the matrix and halo...

Keith
November 09, 2014 03:04AM
What comes to my mind is I get a lot of tones that are one way or iron and a zip mixed. Would be nice to see a detector seperate the iron on one speaker that the good target on the other split auido. But I think we may want to dig more of the tones that are mixed with iron. I know when masking happens I try to isolate the good tone from the iron but I wonder if I change my digging a bit and try more iffy targets on the Deus.....

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!