Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Got My replacement F75 with D.S.T....Nothing wrong with this all metal WOW!!! ((VIDEO))

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
This is the deepest smoothest all metal Ive seen on a detector with such high gain...its deeper in all metal mode in my dirt test than my 5900..

I can Get a nickel to waiver the threshold at 24 inches...So its HOT!!!..

The 9.0 mode still seems the hottest also..but the 9.1 BP mode is not as sluggish as it was in DISC...this machine has some serious HORSEPOWER!!

Oh yeah my New 5x10 coil is working great Too!!

[www.youtube.com]

I can take a liking to this machine !~)

Keith
fisher was wise to send you a good one. now will they fix the rest of us suckers?
Re: Got My replacement F75 with D.S.T....Nothing wrong with this all metal WOW!!! ((VIDEO))
December 12, 2014 11:08PM
Whoa----that chinamen better watch his hair now when Keith's diggin!!------Tell us more about the 5 X 10 DD on the new 75 Keith.---------Del
Re: Got My replacement F75 with D.S.T....Nothing wrong with this all metal WOW!!! ((VIDEO))
December 12, 2014 11:09PM
Keith, mine arrived today. I hope to get out this weekend and try it out. I am looking forward to trying the small coil in a very junky area.
Thanks for the video

Tom in SC
Thanks Keith. Looks like I got a call to make. Fisher needs to get their quality control in line.
Id like to add some info to the test bed I have...

The coins are clad dimes at 10-11-12- and a Nickle at 13...

The dirt is 4 f.e. bar with a 5 bar flashing somettimes...

SEVERE Dirt,..

The F75 I have in my possesion right now is the only machine I have or have had to hit the 10 inch dime....

Now a 10 inch dime might not seem over the top but in this dirt its AMAZING...

Also whats important is the other items are still hitting just in grunt mode....in good dirt htose would not be grunts..

I am more impressed with the depth and stability and raw horspower of the F75 S.E. V2 than any machine Ive ran across to date...I Hope you can see the advantages to such raw stable depth ..its very rare to have such performance..

dont confuse stability with less gain...Far from it...An old F75 cant come close to this 10 inch dime.. the noise and ability not to crank up the power will not hit it im afraid on the old one.....someone has worked some serious magic on these units to get them to perform like this...

I suspect some great finds are fixing to come from depths few have experienced in disc modes....

Wiht the noise gone we are able to hear things we could not before...

For the record my F75 S.E. V2 is airtesting a Nickle in Disc 0,, 9.0 B.P. mode 99 sens 2F at a repeatable 19 inches easily...All metal 9.0 B.P. mode slight thresh...same nickle 24 in waiver ...

Keith
My detector same settings 13-14" on a nickle in disc...in all metal the same..no difference.. My lable fisher sent me is on my box..and will ship back in a week or two..hopefully it comes back behaving like yours!!
Just got my camo F75 back from getting upgrades, it's not quiet with sens cranked up. Call fisher and was told not to expect that when running bp mode, sens 99, disc 0. They assured me it was tested before returning it and everything is fine. I never thought it was a deep coin machine. Could there possibly be an issue with the upgrades i got? Thanks Tom
December 13, 2014 01:52AM
Keith, a 10" dime? you have never tried an AKA. { not trying to be cocky!}
Keith,
What is the date on your new unit is it 11/14 ? or 12/14 ? skip that Keith i see yours is 12/14 lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2014 02:05AM by sanjuro.
12/14
While the AM mode on my upgraded F75 is severly lacking, the disc mode has found me some deep targets. I found an 8-9 inch eagle button that hit no problem and the bullets I was finding were hitting better than I remember in disc mode. I enjoyed using the 3h tones for the first time ever due to the stability with the upgrade. I also like using the FA mode with a quick sweep speed in iron.

You have an awesome F75 Keith. Hopefully I can get my machine firing like yours, which is what I had envisioned when I sent mine out.

Does your machine have the different pinpoint sound in 2l and 2h tones?
Is that an upgrade or a new unit? It is kicking in that dirt.
Its a new unit...

My Proto Went back..

Keith
Is there any explanation why yours is working so much better than everyone elses? Is it because it is a new one and not an upgrade? It makes me wonder.

Discrimination is the root of all evil.
December 13, 2014 03:58AM
PittsburghWill Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is there any explanation why yours is working so
> much better than everyone elses? Is it because it
> is a new one and not an upgrade? It makes me
> wonder.
I'm gonna wait till Fisher comes out with the Keith Southern Certified F75 before I buy one, cause if it's deeper than a well tuned 5900, that is saying sumthin.
There are always some bugs to work out in alot of new electronics so im not worried as i know they will make it right
December 13, 2014 05:40AM
PittsburghWill Wrote:
> much better than everyone elses?

I'm wondering the same thing. Mine picked up 3 inches in air test by going to the 13x14 NEL coil but it still falls short of your stock coil results. Mine doesn't even sound the same as yours in all metal. You can't hear any of that threshold/circuit noise with mine. Especially on 0 or +1. Mine is almost stuck in a silent threshold mode or something.

Fisher is going to have to step up the quality control for sure. They are the only company I've had to send multiple machines back to the factory to fix things that never should have left the factory.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2014 06:09AM by Daniel Tn.
Keith, Thanks for posting the video. Appears to be an outstanding machine, both smooth AND deep! Hopefully it reaches down into a new target rich layer for you.
Looking forward to your updates,

Duke
Possum....Well!!!!! LOL

No Ive not had a Signum....

and yes a 10 inch dime does not sound like much but at the same time int his dirt it can be a chore...

Maybe I should rephrase me statement...I can get other machines to sound off on the 10 dime but the ground bal has to be negative ..even the blisstool has to be negative....but machines with a dead on ground bal I have not encountered till the f75 V2....

nothing wrong with ground bal offset but as you know things dont run as well on offsets (poor disc as depth) but you have to do what you have to do..

But the signum may do it in my dirt??.I just wonder if it would do it without offsetting the ground bal...

Hombre:

The 5900 in all metal mode is deep as any for sure..yet when I run it through here the dirt is too strong for the concentric coil to handle it..the ground noise casues instability and its hard to decipher the deepies...in medium to milder dirt the all metla mode on the 5900 is right there with the best...

Tomcat:

I dont Know ...

I think every consumer ought to be happy with their purchase and hopefully FT does too...so if your not liking it maybe a return is in order...

Basstracker :

all metal should be deeper ..

Tmanly :

I think we all await your findings..

Keith
Say Keith have you had a chance to compare the 5x10" coil on the new machine to your results with the one you sent back?
PittsburghWill Wrote:
> much better than everyone elses? Is it because it
> is a new one and not an upgrade? It makes me
> wonder.

no, mine basstracker and daniels were all new units. actually the upgrades were all new head units. just seems that first shipment of boards that ftp was waiting/delaying on from there foriegn maker was crap. I know they bought there board maker but qa is still crappy. Gonna get mine fix. Buying new I dont want to lose my arse unloading. I like the disc mode.
December 14, 2014 12:59AM
You got me to air test my 75ltd (not updated) and in BP all metal it will waver the threshold using a nickel, an inch and a half past the first rod joint. The first joint measures 17".
In disc, it hits a mid tone just before the joint.
Happy with the results.
This is a certified unit from Tom Dankowski.
December 14, 2014 02:18AM
My F75 seems to mirror all test that Keith has shown. I get a nickel to warble the threshold at a measured 22". It may be more but my hearing is not what is was. A set of headphones may help me but I did not use them for my test.
Unit runs very smooth and quiet. In my test garden, which is 4 years old, I can hit all targets up to 12" with all metal. In Disc, I can hit up to the 10" but I loose the target ID. Still it is a good repeatable high tone. (all targets are clad dimes)
If you hunt by just the display, you can get a good signal on coin size targets under 10" deep in my soil. If you are an all metal hunter who does not relay on the display, then you will dig some very deep targets.
It is great that Fisher has started to make this unit with a few more menu options to hunt with. I can see where this will make a great relic or coin shooter machine.
It is still possible to get some chatter but nothing that you could not live with. The old unit was a challenge to use and would wear you out listening to all the chatter for that deep signal. Not anymore.
I must admit, Fisher was loosing my favor and I was not pleased with them but now they have proved me wrong on this unit.
The F75 LTD2 has a place in anyone's arsenal. If you are still on the fence, Go to a dealer and try one out. Take a nickel and a clad dime with you.......
I am not sure about the upgrades, they seem to still have some issues according to some who have posted on the forums.
My serial number is 11-14-14 which is a month older than Keith's

I plan to go out some tomorrow after work if possible. I have an area that is filled with small nails and iron. I am looking forward to trying the small coil and see what it can do.

Keith, do you notice any increased chatter with 5x10 coil? I was just wondering if they also made some changes to the coil?

Tom in SC
mine is a 11-14-14 as well. def a quality control issue. I'll send mine in next week and get the pinpoint and all metal fixed.
Finally. 2 more. I hope I see this becoming the norm and not the exception.

Mike
December 14, 2014 04:00AM
The first two digits are the month, the next two the year. i think.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
December 14, 2014 02:25PM
Sitting here thinking about all this.

Keith -- Do you realize you just brought the rain down that is gonna cause a huge flood of people waiting for Fisher to open Monday morning? All are gonna be telling them that they want their machines to be like yours in the video. I have a feeling they are gonna be tired of hearing about that video by noon Monday morning LOL

I'm gonna tell Daniel or Felix to make mine a clone of the one you have if they let me send mine in.

MAJOR UPDATE:
Okay, just got back home from testing 2 F75 machines. I met my buddy over in town that has the black LTD model. He has 4 coils for his...stock coil, the 10" concentric, the Ultimate 13", and the 5" round. His is pre-updated.

We both wanted to see what they would do side by side in comparison and I wanted to play a hunch about coils.

Here is what we learned:

1. His machine is performing very close to Keith's from what I can gather. We couldn't quite tell if his was wavering the threshold on the nickel at 24 inches in all metal...both of us couldn't tell because his machine is not super quiet at 99 sens. But for sure, a good repeatable signal at 19-20 inches. This is with stock coil. With his Ultimate 13, he could get it about 2.5 to 3 inches further. His machine did not like my NEL coil. It was quieter than his Ultimate coil in both disc and all metal, but only got about an inch more depth over his stock coil, whereas on my machine, I can get about 3-4 inches further than the stock coil. .

2. There is indeed a difference of depth/detection distance between my machine and his at the exact same settings and same targets...using the same wooden ruler. IN ALL METAL MODE. In disc mode, my machine was close to his once we figured out #3 below...it was still off in all metal though. Mine is a ton quieter in both all metal and especially disc mode. When we first started testing, it appeared that his machine was stronger in both all metal and disc mode. Then we tried my coil on his machine and wrote down the results.

3. Coils make a big difference. We noticed the stock F75 coils looked different from one another. Same size...just different. The cords have a different look to them and my coil has a few extra looking tabs on the top part of it. It crossed my mind that we needed to swap coils on the detectors and see if that made any difference at all. It did.

Actually here are the results of changing that out on his machine, using 99 sens, BP, all metal and a quarter, nickel, and dime.

His stock coil:

Quarter - 17"
Nickel - 19"
Dime - 14"

My new machine's coil on his machine:

Quarter - 14"
Nickel - 15.5"
Dime - 13"

-----------------------------------------------------

What this shows, is that his machine with the coil that came on my DST machine, is right at the same results as what I am getting with my machine in disc mode. By swapping to his coil, I was able to match his machine in disc mode on my machine. I could run mine smoothly at 99 sens in disc mode, whereas his was going crazy. On my machine, all metal mode and disc mode are pretty close to the same performance. On his machine, disc and all metal are quite different. His all metal gains a few inches over his disc side. And comparing his all metal side to mine, there is still a BIG difference between units. His all metal is way more amplified/boosted than mine. And it shows quite a bit on the ruler. Someone else brought up something we tried while there.

My detection distance doesn't change in all metal from sens of 50 to 99. His does. Actually if you drop his machine down to around the 50 sensitivity range in all metal, he is pretty close to what my machine is in all metal from 50-99. Also...his machine had a good threshold at -1. Mine doesn't make a noise until you get to +1. If you put mine on -1, it is silent.

SO...this leads me to think that my machine is somehow "stuck" on about the 50 sensitivity range in all metal mode...but it is not in disc mode. IF that is even possible. I'm just thinking of it from a maintenance troubleshooting stand point. I could be saying something that doesn't make sense and is not even possible. But that's what it sure seems like.

I think the newer coils are shielded better and thus are quieter. We could tell his machine was a little quieter when we hooked my coil up to it. But it does lose a little sensitivity over his other coil. I think the new coil in conjunction with the new software, is what makes these machines so quiet. Just a theory.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2014 05:19PM by Daniel Tn.
December 14, 2014 02:51PM
I'm amazed at how smooth that machine runs especially in 99 sensitivity! I'd have to have mine down to 25 to even come close to being that stable, and it still wouldn't run that smooth.

Thanks Keith!
Daniel-if they let you send yours in the flood gates will open! Good luck and lets us know.

They should have mine on Monday but it was sent in for different reasons but I did ask them to check the am side and make sure it was up to specs.

Really anxious to get it back and see what's up.

Time will tell.

Pac Man