Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Looks like Nokta /Makro has answered Our every wish WOW

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Looks like Nokta /Makro has answered Our every wish WOW
January 02, 2015 11:07PM
I like the way they have the "gold" positioned on the Racer.
If anyone gets their hands on one , I'd love to see a video with the sound progression from a hot rock to an 1887 Morgan Silver dollar ,,,,, in HiFi of course.
January 03, 2015 12:11AM
I heard that the racer should be available February 2015. wonder what frequency it will run on? And what the msrp will be?
January 03, 2015 10:55AM
what also baffles me is how did they shoehorn the gubbins from the lunchbox from the fors core into the minimal space of the racer control box ??
reduced by about 70%??
i wait for tests on the racer and any technical info

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2015 03:10PM by diggers.
well, not every wish, yet, but maybe...
January 03, 2015 06:10PM
Sorry, but lose the red and the name. Racer? What are we racing?
I like black. Dull, uninteresting. Business-like. We don't want to attract attention while afield. The black and grey that Dilek mentioned would be fine with me. Or ALL BLACK!
Name? I thought Time Bomb, as in it's the "bomb" for going back in time, i.e., revealing the past, but then that flies against the theme of not attracting attention!

So, what about "Time Machine" for a name? Really, no name at all would be fine. Maybe just an alpha numeric like M1 or M75 <g>?

I hope it has some way to illuminate the display for low light viewing, and I'd like to see the control box be impervious to moisture and mud. If that means some type of removable cover, then I'd be willing to pay a bit more for a cover that provides optimum screen clarity and readability. Oftentimes, covers have viewing windows that crowd the display, cutting off or shading displayed information so that it is not easily or quickly readable. And/or the viewing window in the cover is glossy and the display is barely legible behind all the glare.
I'm left handed, so I hope the machine is truly "either handed" in layout and design.

Welcome to the forum, Dilek. Your use of proper English and careful writing, i.e., proofreading what you write and CORRECTING it before posting, is certainly refreshing! It is a courtesy and consideration toward your fellow forum members that is much appreciated. I look forward to your continued participation in this forum. Where are you located and are you at liberty to share your email and or phone number? (by PM if necessary)

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
January 04, 2015 05:41PM
is the stem collapsable telescopic ? or will you have to faff about with bits of spring loaded tubing and locking collars ??
telescopic like the deus in fact

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2015 05:42PM by diggers.
January 04, 2015 06:05PM
ncwayne wrote:

"Sorry, but lose the red and the name. Racer? What are we racing?"

Agreed. Racer sounds childish and little gay.

Aaron
January 04, 2015 06:37PM
I saw a post on Gary's indicating (speculating??) UK price will be approx. 380 pounds. That's about $600US before shipping import taxes and what the US dealer will sell them for.

Control box cover? Should be no problem having those made up. Know a fellow in the overseas that makes really professional covers for many machines that fit like a glove.
Priced right with shipping.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
January 04, 2015 08:19PM
[www.metaldetectingforum.co.uk]

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
January 04, 2015 10:28PM
Im not worried that much about the color...All black would be the best but really we will probably put neoprene covers over the boxes anyways (I hope they are going to be available) and then the color will be a Moot point...

What will be the point is if it can give us alot of bang for a realistic price...

They say its as good as a CoRe and if they keep the price low or lower than a CoRe then they are coming in aggresive VERY AGGRESIVE..

Keith
January 04, 2015 11:31PM
Black is the way to go but $600.00 sounds like they scaled it down from their other detectors I don't want less I want more

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
January 05, 2015 01:22AM
Racer is a snake...sounds cool to me. Dont care for red,would probably put camo tape on it. Agree on deus style rods!
January 05, 2015 01:50AM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Black is the way to go but $600.00 sounds like
> they scaled it down from their other detectors I
> don't want less I want more

You're complaining that they priced it too low???----and it doesn't sound like a stripped down version to me----read what they are (so far) saying about it.
January 05, 2015 01:57AM
deathray Wrote:
> Racer is a snake...sounds cool to me. Dont care
> for red,would probably put camo tape on it. Agree
> on deus style rods! No Way! I think the Red Color is way cool! It is about time we have another Red Detector. It seems every detector and their brother is Black nowadays.
January 05, 2015 02:16AM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
> deathray Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Racer is a snake...sounds cool to me. Dont care
> > for red,would probably put camo tape on it.
> Agree
> > on deus style rods!

No Way! I think the Red
> Color is way cool! It is about time we have
> another Red Detector. It seems every detector and
> their brother is Black nowadays.

Harrold, if you like red so much, you must be a fan of the 'ol Teknetics Mark 1 and maybe the Big Bud Pro too.
January 05, 2015 02:52AM
I detect out in the boonies and prefer to not be noticed...my sites only get pillaged by me and my son that way. Most are mining camps...soon as folks see you detecting/digging gold fever sets in.
January 05, 2015 03:10AM
Still don't know how they are going to sell it for around $600.00 and pack it with goodies that we have been asking for... maybe this is just a another case of guessing at this point...
NO RED! ..theres a lot of hype but very little hard facts and tests to show what it can do...I think I will get back to learning the Deus and get excited about the new software update. I'm going on a hunt that dates back to the 1760-1860s and a lot of the guys going are some of the best hunters I have met. This will be a great test for the deus...there will be a lot of guys using them, I bet with different programs trying to come home with some great finds..I have two programs that I have worked on for that type of dirt. And if there is a lot of iron I'm ready but you just never know...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2015 03:34AM by Lawrenzo.
January 05, 2015 03:13AM
Where did you guys get the $600 price? If that true,right on!
January 05, 2015 03:47AM
The detector costs $600--a lifetime supply of black Magic markers cost $400
Re: well, not every wish, yet, but maybe...
January 05, 2015 11:53AM
ncwayne Wrote:
> Sorry, but lose the red and the name. Racer? What
> are we racing?
> I like black. Dull, uninteresting. Business-like.
> We don't want to attract attention while afield.
> The black and grey that Dilek mentioned would be
> fine with me. Or ALL BLACK!
> Name? I thought Time Bomb, as in it's the "bomb"
> for going back in time, i.e., revealing the past,
> but then that flies against the theme of not
> attracting attention!
>
> So, what about "Time Machine" for a name? Really,
> no name at all would be fine. Maybe just an alpha
> numeric like M1 or M75 ?
>
> I hope it has some way to illuminate the display
> for low light viewing, and I'd like to see the
> control box be impervious to moisture and mud. If
> that means some type of removable cover, then I'd
> be willing to pay a bit more for a cover that
> provides optimum screen clarity and readability.
> Oftentimes, covers have viewing windows that crowd
> the display, cutting off or shading displayed
> information so that it is not easily or quickly
> readable. And/or the viewing window in the cover
> is glossy and the display is barely legible behind
> all the glare.
> I'm left handed, so I hope the machine is truly
> "either handed" in layout and design.
>
> Welcome to the forum, Dilek. Your use of proper
> English and careful writing, i.e., proofreading
> what you write and CORRECTING it before posting,
> is certainly refreshing! It is a courtesy and
> consideration toward your fellow forum members
> that is much appreciated. I look forward to your
> continued participation in this forum. Where are
> you located and are you at liberty to share your
> email and or phone number? (by PM if necessary)

Hello and thank you!! I must say I am amazed with your level of observation and your comment of ''Your use of proper English and careful writing, i.e.,proofreading what you write and CORRECTING it before posting, is certainly refreshing!''. Yes, I do that because different than the other members of this forum, I do not represent myself but a manufacturer so I have to watch my level of communication by all means. We are located in Istanbul, Turkey. I can gladly share my email and tel here. dilek@noktadetectors.com and +90 541 860 4596. If anybody wants to contact me by phone just keep in mind that we are +7 hours ahead of EST. I will try my best to respond to as many posts as I can but to be honest, it is starting to get a little overwhelming with all the other tasks I have...but I love reading customers' feedbacks and then sharing them with my team. And what makes us happy the most is when we act upon a feedback and give customers what they want.

Now regarding your comments - The color - we are moving with dark red for now as the ratio between the people who like and dislike it is around 50%. The screen does have backlight. The environmental covers are sold separately however they are included in the pro package. We have many left-handed people who tested the machine and they did not experience an issue using the device so it should be OK. Thank you!
January 05, 2015 12:00PM
When the racer is released. How will initial stock levels be here in the USA? And you may have have already stated, but who here in the USA will sell your Nokta detectors and associated products.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2015 12:01PM by tnsharpshooter.
January 05, 2015 01:51PM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> When the racer is released. How will initial
> stock levels be here in the USA? And you may have
> have already stated, but who here in the USA will
> sell your Nokta detectors and associated products.

The stock levels will be decided upon next week when we visit the distributors. Currently, Kellyco is the dealer for Nokta products and metaldetector.com for Makro products. Should there be any changes, we will definitely share it with you.
January 05, 2015 01:54PM
wifi headphones are extra on the price
January 05, 2015 03:38PM
Yes, luckily the wifi headphones are a separate item. I do not like paying for something I will not use.
January 05, 2015 04:27PM
Well that is cool that they get back to us how come the US doesn't do that?

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

Re: well, not every wish, yet, but maybe...
January 09, 2015 12:54PM
Nokta Detectors Wrote:
> I can gladly share my email and
> tel here. dilek@noktadetectors.com and +90 541 860
> 4596. If anybody wants to contact me by phone just
> keep in mind that we are +7 hours ahead of EST. I
> will try my best to respond to as many posts as I
> can but to be honest, it is starting to get a
> little overwhelming with all the other tasks I
> have...but I love reading customers' feedbacks and
> then sharing them with my team. And what makes us
> happy the most is when we act upon a feedback and
> give customers what they want.
>
> Now regarding your comments - The color - we are
> moving with dark red for now as the ratio between
> the people who like and dislike it is around 50%.
> The screen does have backlight. The environmental
> covers are sold separately however they are
> included in the pro package. We have many
> left-handed people who tested the machine and they
> did not experience an issue using the device so
> it should be OK. Thank you!

Thank you, Dilek, for kindly sharing your contact info. This avenue of communication may take some of your time, but it offers an invaluable service to us and, hopefully a valuable source of (potential) customer feedback to you.
We are expecting great things from Nokta/Makro (as your perusal of this forum will show), and sooner, rather than later. In other words, we are hungry for outstanding, game changing detecting performance NOW, at introduction. NOT months or years down the road after bugs/problems have been found by users and slowly resolved by the manufacturer. All the best in your product rollouts and thank you for your commitment to "giving your customers what they want."

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
January 09, 2015 03:55PM
What is refreshing about Nokta/Makro is the interaction with their potential customers in a constructive and not dismissive way.In the past when,rarely,a US manu. rep would make an appearance on a forum many times it would be in the tone of"you stupid,me know all and see all" when in fact the US detecting public has many very well educated members and it appears that Nokta/Makro is giving that group an opportunity to exercise some of their good judgement.
January 09, 2015 04:32PM
Nokta Detectors Wrote:
>
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > >
>
> The stock levels will be decided upon next week
> when we visit the distributors. Currently, Kellyco
> is the dealer for Nokta products and
> metaldetector.com for Makro products. Should there
> be any changes, we will definitely share it with
> you.

I'm a little confused. Is the Racer going to be a Nakta or Makro brand or branded under both names because in were reply you use the plural for "distributors"? Are both companies going to handle the Racer.

Thanks, El
January 09, 2015 04:39PM
They seem to be in tune with the customer! So I cannot wait to see the Nokta Racer regardless of color. I too wish it was a flat black or other non-assuming color but I focus on the machine and it's ability more than that.
January 10, 2015 12:20AM
OH yeah, I want one and I have a request!

In the Pro package make it RED, like the picture. Paint the bottom 8 or 10 inches of the lower shaft white and throw a pair of dark sunglasses in with the package. May as well do the coil in green and brown camo... then we can "stealth" detect. People will think we are blind. Ok, it isn't a completely original idea but a good one I think! /;-)

Seriously, I want one. I'll wait! ...and yes, I am both a detectorist and a metal detector collector, lol!

Julien
January 11, 2015 05:40AM
Dang JBow havent seen you in awhile on the forum

Hope all is well..

Need to meet up sometime and you can play with the Core and Racer..

Keith