Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

MAKRO RACER - PRODUCT PAGE

Posted by Nokta Detectors 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
MAKRO RACER - PRODUCT PAGE
January 21, 2015 04:13PM
Hello all...proud to officially announce the Makro RACER for those who are interested:

[www.makrodetector.com]
Re: MAKRO RACER - PRODUCT PAGE
January 21, 2015 04:21PM
More importantly, here is the owners manual:

[www.makrodedektor.com]

And the product brochure:

[www.makrodedektor.com]
January 21, 2015 04:28PM
Love it, adjustable backlite!

Bluetooth module!

Ground tracking!

3lbs!

Trigger!

Looks like the TID is similar to the Omega & T2.

QUESTION: when does it start shipping?
January 21, 2015 04:38PM
I hope they do well they sure have worked hard to link to our market more so then the US compaines have...just like the US to be stuck-up and out of touch at a time when our hobby is starting to grow with new machines..

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
January 21, 2015 04:44PM
I certainly can see this as being a second system to own with the pro package being what it is. I think this would compliment the Deus quite well. This would also be a reason to unload the ACE350 to put funds to the Racer. Or could keep the ACE for a spare for friends when needed.
January 21, 2015 04:48PM
It's a beautiful machine and controls are laid out so they are easy to use and navigate thru.
Very nice machine overall.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
January 21, 2015 04:49PM
Michael Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I certainly can see this as being a second system
> to own with the pro package being what it is. I
> think this would compliment the Deus quite well.
> This would also be a reason to unload the ACE350
> to put funds to the Racer. Or could keep the ACE
> for a spare for friends when needed.

I hope its not a compliment to the deus. I hope it is alot like the deus...to me complimenting detectors is like the ctx and the deus...thats just my opinion though
January 21, 2015 04:53PM
bigboar Wrote:
> Michael Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I certainly can see this as being a second
> system
> > to own with the pro package being what it is.
> I
> > think this would compliment the Deus quite well.
>
> > This would also be a reason to unload the
> ACE350
> > to put funds to the Racer. Or could keep the
> ACE
> > for a spare for friends when needed.
>
>
> I hope its not a compliment to the deus. I hope it
> is alot like the deus...to me complimenting
> detectors is like the ctx and the deus...thats
> just my opinion though

Compliment as in being a stable mate.
January 21, 2015 06:04PM
@Nokta Detectors

Do you have (or intend to do) any videos of the product?
January 21, 2015 06:52PM
If I may speculate concerning the shipping date: It was recently announced by Nokta on this forum that testing units would be sent to various testers. I would assume that the RACER will not ship out to the general public until they collect all data from the testers, assimilate this data, make any necessary tweaks...etc etc. I didn't read this anywhere, it's just an idea. It seems to make sense but I could be wrong. It certainly would not be the first time.
January 21, 2015 07:54PM
I believe all the tests have been already done. Now comes the advertising part.
January 21, 2015 09:14PM
Michael Wrote:
> I certainly can see this as being a second system
> to own with the pro package being what it is. I
> think this would compliment the Deus quite well.
> This would also be a reason to unload the ACE350
> to put funds to the Racer. Or could keep the ACE
> for a spare for friends when needed.

No compliment to the Deus. If it's like the CoRe it smokes the Deus. Really smokes about everything, really.
January 21, 2015 09:32PM
Makro/Nokta, kudos to your web designers/production staff! Fantastic, well thought out production of site/brochure materials....

some of our mainstream detector manufactures should take a look to see how behind the times they are, and some downright antiquated...

this will definitely help with getting (and keeping) the word out as your brand gains prominence...I really appreciate that this is a priority with your company...

now, just anxiously waiting for some test results....

oh, and maybe you could just consolidate your company name to 'Mokta' or some such for clarity/brevity....cheers.
January 21, 2015 10:06PM
x2000 Wrote:
> @Nokta Detectors
>
> Do you have (or intend to do) any videos of the
> product?

We are working on an introductional video explaining the features and the usage if that is what you are asking for.
January 22, 2015 07:43AM
Thank you for the answer. I thought more about something like your latest video: [www.youtube.com]
It would be nice to hear how the audio sounds.

In the meantime, could you tell us more about the audio? Has something changed compared to your other machines, or will the Racer sound exact like the Fors CoRe for example?
January 22, 2015 10:06AM
that only worry i have are the phones and the module plugged on the side .will they work efficiently without hassle with batts?
its a pain with wired phones catching on branches and twigs and when you get down to dig you have to take them off .

so i am still on the fence despite its alleged magical qualities +))

i may as well stick with the deus otherwise
January 22, 2015 10:08AM
Jack Flynn Wrote:
> Michael Wrote:
> -----
> > I certainly can see this as being a second
> system
> > to own with the pro package being what it is.
> I
> > think this would compliment the Deus quite well.
>
> > This would also be a reason to unload the
> ACE350
> > to put funds to the Racer. Or could keep the

> ACE
> > for a spare for friends when needed.
>
>
> No compliment to the Deus. If it's like the CoRe

Haha,we will see about that!
> it smokes the Deus. Really smokes about
> everything, really.
January 22, 2015 10:15AM
testers will surely let us know if it smokes the deus ! that may explain the price reductions by BBH if its so
i will run to the shop with cash in hand if it smokes the deus ))
January 22, 2015 12:40PM
diggers Wrote:
> testers will surely let us know if it smokes the
> deus ! that may explain the price reductions by
> BBH if its so
> i will run to the shop with cash in hand if it
> smokes the deus ))

I'm looking for something that has an inch or two on my G2 with the same solid id and noise immunity.....the ground tracking is a big + along with the analogue volume control and vid # on all-metal....
January 22, 2015 01:11PM
but how bad a ground will it track on ??the ultimate test for a tester 00)
January 22, 2015 04:50PM
I do not think it is going to "smoke" the DEUS. digger, you like your DEUS, it is a good machine, use it, be happy. The Racer is just going to be a decent, solid performer. Pumping it up to be magic will just result in disappointment.

The DEUS really is in a class of its own and a poor comparison. It is hobbled by the inability to deploy a small coil, and so the Racer does get an advantage there. I found the overall depth of the DEUS to be unimpressive unless run in Goldfield mode, and then it was just good. No problem matching that for most machines.

The machine my FORS Gold and FORS CoRe most closely matches is a Teknetics T2 for features and performance. They may well have used the T2 as a baseline. My F75 I currently keep around solely for the 3H and 4H modes and new iron volume. I also am a big fan of the physical design of the F75 as opposed to what the DEUS offers. I am not saying hard wired is better than wireless and charging so let's not start that debate. It is just my preference.

The bottom line is for performance my FORS is at least as good as my new F75 Ltd2 for overall performance and at this point the FORS looks to have the edge in highly mineralized ground. The physical design of the FORS has grown on me with use but ultimately there in no doubt I prefer an in my face control panel. The situation I face is that I am looking at my F75 at 3.5 lbs and the new Racer at 3.0 lbs and looking at basic two tone and three tone in Racer versus more deluxe tone options in F75. Factoring in superior FORS performance on small conductors (good for me, maybe not for others).

The real rece here is not DEUS versus Racer. Vastly different machines and people who like all the wireless and charging and programs are still going to like those things. The real comparison is F75 vs Racer with F75Ltd2 more feature rich as far as tones but with two coils running $1099 versus Racer with performance at least as good but a bit more spartan on the tones for $849, including carry bag, charging system, etc.

I really, really, really like the F75. Anyone wants to Google away can see proof of that. But I have to say that after I have plenty of time to use both, I am not seeing it as anything like a given that my F75 will be the ultimate winner of this race. If it was T2 vs Racer for me Racer wins hands down. It really only remains for me to see if the extra tone options on the F75 are enough to keep me hanging on to it. Since I have a CTX and V3i that do even better in that department I would say my F75 has got a very tough job ahead of it right now.
January 22, 2015 05:22PM
Hi,,,personally I don't think you can compare the Racer to anything yet,since it is not even on the open market....However you could get a closer comparison by comparing it to similar detectors falling in the same price range....But even then the coil sizes would both have to be the same and the design intent would have to be the same...Ergonomically speaking the Racer should be a pure joy to swing, weighing in at 3.0 pounds with the batteries being located in the rear....I guess time will tell it all........JJ
January 22, 2015 05:29PM
I only have to be told Racer is FORS performance or better in a lighter weight more ergonomic package once or maybe twice for me to figure out my FORS probably is telling me pretty much what a Racer will do. So yes, I think I can make those comparisons. I expect no surprises.

As far as comparisons the closest match is T2Ltd at $899 for two similar size coils versus $849 for Racer Pro Pack. Very similar feature list, very similar performance.
January 22, 2015 05:58PM
Steve Herschbach Wrote:
>
> As far as comparisons the closest match is T2Ltd
> at $899 for two similar size coils versus $849 for
> Racer Pro Pack. Very similar feature list, very
> similar performance.

Is that comparing MAP vs MSRP? Will the racer have a MAP
January 22, 2015 06:01PM
Hi,,,hey Steve I was not actually directing my comment solely to you....I could of said this "personally I don't think I can compare the Racer to anything yet" and been 100% correct.... All we have right now is the information the manufacture of the Racer has said....Thinking back before the release of the F-19 First Texas claimed something like it was the world's best relic machine,,,now that's a bold statement, is it true?....I'm not saying anyone is lying or making false claims but until it's on the open market everything is purely speculation on my part and will remain just that.....The manufacture of one of my detectors claimed it weighed 3.5 pounds total well it weighed 4.2 pounds.... I guess time will tell it all........JJ
January 22, 2015 06:11PM
silversurfer Wrote:
> Steve Herschbach Wrote:
> -----
> >
> > As far as comparisons the closest match is
> T2Ltd
> > at $899 for two similar size coils versus $849
> for
> > Racer Pro Pack. Very similar feature list, very
> > similar performance.
>
> Is that comparing MAP vs MSRP? Will the racer have
> a MAP

Let's put it this way. Racer Pro Package at MSRP $849 is less than T2 Ltd2 at MAP $899

Initial demand is such that I doubt there will be a lot of discounting Racer early on. Why discount something that already has a great price. All MAP is anyway is minimum advertised price. People need to know the only way to negotiate price is by phone or face to face. A dealer can sell you a detector for any price you agree on. MAP sets minimum advertising guidelines is all. But it usually is the only logical comparison number we have. No MAP on Racer announced yet but even the MSRP is killer.

Jimmy, I see comments about testers not posting. I try my absolute best to give the most honest, solid, un-hyped information I can. That's all I am going to say on that subject.
January 22, 2015 06:26PM
Hi Steve,,,I have seen some your past post on various brands of metal detectors....And I'm 100% convinced that you do and will give a totally unbiased opinion on any machine rather it be good or bad....I also understand that your intentions are good and you are only trying to provide more information to a would be consumer of any given product....You seem to come off like you get mad about certain things for no reason at all....Let me say this,, I'm not the enemy,, take a chill pill....LoL.. That's all I am going to say on this subject....LoL....JJ
January 22, 2015 06:32PM
Steve Herschbach Wrote:

> Jimmy, I see comments about testers not posting. I
> try my absolute best to give the most honest,
> solid, un-hyped information I can. That's all I am
> going to say on that subject.

Reading between the lines, Could this mean Steve is actually a Racer tester??????
We may want to take note to what he reports!!!! I know I will.
January 22, 2015 06:32PM
Steve, your performance speaks all that needs to be said. You are a solid source of honest, experienced, well intended voicing of encouragement and wisdom. Yours is one of a handful of names like NASA Tom and Keith Southerland that ALWAYS are associated with worthwhile information and significant insight.

So, if I am ever in Reno, Ya' wanna go out?

Tom

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
January 22, 2015 06:42PM
jimmyjiver Wrote:
> Hi Steve,,,I have seen some your past post on
> various brands of metal detectors....And I'm 100%
> convinced that you do and will give a totally
> unbiased opinion on any machine rather it be good
> or bad....I also understand that your intentions
> are good and you are only trying to provide more
> information to a would be consumer of any given
> product....You seem to come off like you get mad
> about certain things for no reason at all....Let
> me say this,, I'm not the enemy,, take a chill
> pill....LoL.. That's all I am going to say on this
> subject....LoL....JJ

And you Jimmy perceive me as mad when I am nothing of the sort. However, if I make a post and you immediately follow saying something like "personally I don't think you can compare the Racer to anything yet,since it is not even on the open market" then yes, I am going to comment back on something like that. If, by immediately responding to a post I make you are not actually responding to me you could make that clearer to me to avoid confusion. Thanks.

For the record, my buddy Chris Ralph is the nice guy. I never make that claim for myself. I have been told I am an arrogant a-hole and make no claims otherwise.