Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

So Tom...

Posted by jbow 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Jeb
Re: So Tom...
July 21, 2010 09:40AM
Does anyone notice THEY NEVER ANSWER A DIRECT QUESTION, WITH A DIRECT ANSWER .LoL LoL.
Its always ,awash of biblical chanting and a good dose of how everyones a sinner or is going to suffer eternal damnation if you don`t believe in what they perceive as," their God.."

I feel very sorry for these gullible, weak minded ,easily led people ,who have to have a belief in something that you can`t see,touch, hear or smell.
In other words,they actually believe in " a nothing "!! Its ALL in their heads.
I don`t need a Saviour, I don`t need a God. I`m perfectly happy as I am living right now.
I don`t do drugs ,never have, I drink the occasional Jack Daniels at Christmas, Vacations, or Celebrations of any sort. And I have a happy Life with my Partner (oh! I guess I`m living in sin there)
I don`t need a God in my life. That doesn`t make me a sinner,it makes me happy. Suppose I`m only a sinner in the Bible thumpers eyes. LoL.

Betty ,answer the Question ! how come the biggest organization in the world (allegedly)The Church ,has "Kiddy Fiddlers" galore in their ranks, going under the guise as "Priests"?
How come your God lets that go on ?
July 21, 2010 12:02PM
Jeb,

According to them, we are all sinners ( including them). The only thing we ALL know for sure is we have one life here on Earth. Live it to it's fullest. Be as happy, healthy and safe as you can be, respect others and treat them as you would want to be treated and always have an open mind.

I think these people do all of the above except the last point. Their minds are closed when it comes to this topic and that is sad. If you really think about it, the ironic part of the entire story of Jesus is that the people didn't have an open mind when it came to His ideas, His beliefs, His teachings. I know, the story is no matter what, it was destined for Him to die on the cross.

It's a great story, and always makes me wonder, which then makes me question things, and that is because of my free will that GOD has given me ( according to them), and then, according to them, when I do, I am a sinner and won't go to Heaven. The thing is, they never ask what my beliefs are.....the second anyone even QUESTIONS something, they attack ( with unsubstaniated drivel, but attack none of the less and the best part is, they recruit more people to assist in the attack), and they don't even see the nature of their ways. Any other person that has a different belief than them, are destined to hell. Mind boggling.

Got any of the Jack Daniels left ?
July 21, 2010 12:24PM
Ma Betty...please look at our wonderful countries bank book. We are poor too. In debt and still Christian based. Your faith and those of others has NOTHING to do with the social and economic ills of our country...which I think was the point of view of my first, original post. The rich are getting richer, the poor, poorer and the middle class bled to death in this country and no amount of prayer or faith based belief will change that.

You are now mixing politics with religion, and your narrow mindedness of your faith is now brain washing you into thinking our basic rights will be taken away.

School is for learning..not praying. Get prayer OUT OF THE PUBLIC SCHOOLS ( and if you want my point of view on sports, get them out of the schools too). Give the children gym time and school yard time, but that's it.

Since you know the Bible so well, read Proverbs where it states you can pray in your church, your house, your TENT...it does not matter. So....pray where ever you want, but it cannot be forced on others. When a child goes to a public school, it is public taxes that pay for that schooling, and that is what is supposed to be done there. You send your child to a Catholic school ( or whatever religion you practice), then that is private, and you know prayer and the Catholic religion will be instilled in the learning process.

You are so jaded, you think everything you state or believe is 'truth'. Please stop hiding behind that word, because TRUTHFULLY, you do not know what it means. If you did, you would listen rather than chastise, other peoples opinions.

You state this

"If the Bible is to be believed than believe every word of it, if not, then throw it away and/or ignore it but don't just pick and choose what you want out of it!'

Nothing is farther from the truth than that. The Bible IS a book where people can take from it what they want...what they believe, to make them stronger, at peace, have a better life and be closer to God. I guarantee you more people do that than read the entire book and they still believe in Jesus as their savior.

Are you saying that a person can't read Proverbs only, and use those passages to better their life ? That if they just do that, they are better off throwing the book away ? Are you actually listening to what you are saying ?
rover
July 21, 2010 01:22PM
I'm pretty sure Ma Betty wasn't saying that you can't be helped from portions of the Bible. I think her point was that if we are to pick and choose the parts we want to believe and not believe then it would be like a school, for example, handing out a list of rules and procedures at the beginning of the school year but
each student could pick the rules they wanted to obey and the procedures they wanted to follow. It would be chaos and I would guess certain rules would be followed by no one.
Please do us Christians a favor and quit associating us with Roman Catholicism. That is a cult and always has been. There is no respect for the Bible in that group. They do have alot of child molesting going on, I think it's because of their unnatural and unscriptual requirement for priests to be unmarried and unattached.
Catholics have killed real Christians down through the years by the thousands for not agreeing with their unbiblical, weird beliefs. True Christians have been tortured and burned at the stake for believing the Bible as opposed to the "Church".
Christianity will look alot better if you'll figure out that Catholic is not synonymous with Christian. Neither are denominations. There are true Christians out there though if you care to find them. MUCH better examples than what the Papists hold up as "Saints", "Priests" etc.
These aren't followers of God anymore than the Muslim terrorists were who blow up innocent people.
Do you want proof that Jesus is alive and real?
qwk
July 21, 2010 02:02PM
How can one Religion call another a cult? Hypocrasy anyone? There are plenty christian molestors/inbreeders, it's not just a Catholic thing.

These people have to dodge questions, because their answers are not logical at all. How can a Christian be worried about their freedoms being taken away when they do the same thing to gays, women who want an abortion, Muslims ......

These people only wan freedom ONLY if it aligns with what THEY believe!

BTW, you cannot prove God exists. Common sense.
July 21, 2010 02:48PM
Hey Ma…let’s get some things straight. First of all, I am not, have not and most likely will not be offended by any of your posts. However, it’s quite the contrary for you based on your responses. I never called you any names, yet you refer to me as a “sinner” and also you told me I don’t know how to read and comprehend (my college degrees tell me differently) without knowing a thing about me.
Perhaps I should have been a bit more eloquent…let me try again… Ma Betty, while the verbosity and loquaciousness contained in your posts speaks volumes to your passion on the subject, perhaps they carry a bit of weighted myopia along with them. Better? Did you read and comprehend that?

The inherent problem with telling everyone to believe “every word” of the Bible is this… The Old Testament was written in Hebrew and Aramaic, the New Testament in Greek. When the Romans took control it was all translated into Latin. All which stemmed from oral history which at time can be based on song, and folklore as well as facts. Certain words don’t translate well into different languages therefore changed at times (an example is trying to fit words into Greek hexameter). The New Testament has been translated in over 1400 languages…ever hear of the term “lost in translation”?

And Neal…really…a “true” Christian? Outside of the Roman Catholics there are over 1200 registered Christian based faiths in this country and 30,000 worldwide. But I guess your s is the “true” one huh?
Swingblade...
July 21, 2010 03:25PM
You are right. Don't accept the fact that every word in the translation of the Bible you have has been translated perfectly. ESPECIALLY King James Version.
But most any translation gets the point across with some exceptions. It is helpful to have a Strong's Concordance that defines every Hebrew and Greek word in the text and clears up lots of confusing sentences. I will stand by may statement that every word of THE BIBLE is true and perfect. Sometimes you have to turn a few pages in a reference book to find out what certain words are but God "rewards those who diligently seek Him."

I don't belong to any denomination. Haven't even gone to church meetings much for a few years. I don't have a label or a group or a "faith" that I belong to.
I do know that Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but by me".
Now my question to you is, when Jesus said this was he lying?(that wouldn't be very saviourlike now would it?) or was he crazy?(thinking he's the only way to God). OR was he truthfully telling us that no one comes to the Father but by Him? That would be the only choice left. Which do you think it is?
July 21, 2010 04:55PM
Well...to answer your question if Jesus was lying or not, I can't really answer it, I didn't talk to him like you did.

To quote you "I do know that Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but by me". "

Really...you KNOW he said that? You were there? The FACT is you BELIEVE he said it...you READ that he said it. And quite frankly, I am glad you feel that way. I don't forsake anyone based on their beliefs or how strong they are, and neither should you.
Re: Swingblade...
July 21, 2010 05:08PM
Neil...so you beleive there is only ONE path to the Father...through Jesus. That is fine by me, I accept your point of view and respect that, as that is the Christian way. My point is, there are others who's path does not follow Jesus, but some other savior or prophet, and it is quite possible that that path still leads to the same Father. My mind is open to that concept and I do not condem it.

My biggest bugaboo is that there are people who condem and chastize those that beleive that. The my way or the highway attitude is very self serving and righteous and it causes more harm than good. Having blinders on in that respect, for me, is mindboggling when it comes to faith and belief, since that is extremely individualized. Problem is, those people do not see it as individualized, but consensus. By your comments, I would think if we sat down and conversed on this subject, you would not be of the 'I am right, you are wrong' attitude. I do not get that feeling if I sat down with some of the others.

'True' Christians are no better than 'True' Muslims, than 'True' Buddists, etc. in my eyes as long as the top of the pyramid has one God. That is MY belief, and people like dirtmaster and good ole Ma, state I am a sinner, that I am lost, that none of that counts, that even if I am a good, caring, loving, law abiding citizen, it does not matter. Who are they to state that ?

See why there is so much anomosity towards people like that ? Don't try to interpret what Ma stated about the Bible..I know exactly where she was coming from. My belief is, you CAN take passages and stories from the Bible, and make it special in your own heart, and as long as it makes you a better person, then everything is fine. Ma does not recognize that the Bible is a self-help book. The best there is...but as with all self help books, certain chapters help those more than others, while other chapters are worthless. She thinks EVERY chapter should be taken as truth, fact and gospel, and if ANY chapter cannot be used, then the book is worthless.

Do you see how jaded and totally STUPID that is ?

She states it is easier to prove God exists than the Big Bang. What if that Big Bang was Gods' first show of existence ? What if they are one in the same ? I have an open mind and actually put that on the table as one alternative....these people would never do that.

I could go on and on, but I continue to try to get my point of view across that NO ONE knows who is right and who is wrong, yet others cannot even grasp that basic concept, let alone think about it.
July 21, 2010 06:16PM
Gee, then you don't believe the Kings James Version of the Bible was translated from the Dead Sea Scrolls? What I believe in the Scriptures is what the Holy Spirit of God leads me to believe and I have Spiritual understanding of most of the Bible but not all, and that is why I seek the truth of that which I don't know or understand? Man has weak, selfish flesh and I don't go by what most men say, unless they agree with the Scriptural truths of what I know and the only way to know the truth is to study the Bible, The Word of God, diligently! You may be more educated than I am and thank God that you were able to do so, but that doesn't make you smarter than me in the Absolute True Scriptural Meanings of God!

To be worldly wise is to be a fool in the sight of God! I don't say you are a sinner or a fool, God and the scriptures do and I believe in the Holy Bible and what is written in it, so you are a sinner and a fool as far as God Jehovah is concerned, but He still loves you, for He made you in His image and doesn't want anyone to perish in their unforgiven sins so that is why He gave us a Savior, so we could believe in Him, the One True God and be with Him forever more!

Other gods are all manmade from out of the Earth and what's in the Universe by the thoughts of those who want a god but won't accept the true Lord God of heaven and earth, so they cannot possibly save souls or get you into heaven! Allah is a moon god, Buddah, and any other so called god are false gods and you and others will know this when your spirit leaves your body and goes back to God Who gave it and then on His Judgement Day all will be judged for their works and when not found in the Book of Life will be cast away from Jesus! You don't have to believe like I said, but I believe, and if it is not what the Holy Bible says it is, then it won't make any difference for I will still get there, but if Jesus is the only way, then I'm okay and you aren't!

I am to witness for Jesus and you and others who don't believe the same as I do, can believe or disagree, for I just give you what God says and it is up to you and others to accept the truth! The world doesn't accept Jesus, for His name is above all names in heaven and on earth and under it, and they don't want to obey Him and just live like they want to do! If Jesus' name isn't sacred and precious, then why do so many take His name in vain and curse in His name? Why not Allah, Buddah and so on?

Believe or don't believe it is your choice and no one is forcing you to believe in and accept Jesus.....just witnessing what I and others know as Truth! God's Word says you and others are sinners, if not believing in Jesus...not me..as you can live and be whatever you want to live and be in this old sinful world!

The Holy Commandments have been taught since Jesus' time, so that is why children are taught right from wrong because of their parents knowing right from wrong by the Ten Commandments! Man's thoughts are evil and only know godly wisdom and goodness by the Word of God! Love ya in Christ Jesus! Amen! :angel: Ma Betty
July 21, 2010 06:36PM
I think prior to the 10 commandments, there were moral people in the world who knew not to kill. They did not need a commandment for that. Children are taught right from wrong by their parents and their MORALS...not by the 10 commandments.

By your reasoning, prior to the 10 commandments, every one killed, raped, stole, etc.

Knowing not to kill someone or steal has nothing to do with the 10 commandments. Sorry. That reasoning is totally flawed. My son has no idea about the 10 commandments, yet he knows not to steal and certainly knows not to kill anyone.

The 10 commandments were given to Moses by God ( or possibly Moses just figured out society was heading in a downward spiral and wrote them himself) because of how screwed up the lifestyle was. Still...there were people who, MORALLY, knew right from wrong and did not need commandments to figure it out.

I beleive God instilled morals in all of us, regardless of religion, to live by. The 10 commandments were just a reminder.

Ma Betty quote..

"but if Jesus is the only way, then I'm okay and you aren't!'

Glad to see you used the word BUT.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2010 06:41PM by therover61.
July 21, 2010 08:04PM
Jeb... you are right, they never answer the questions directly.

But Ma... then I guess you should be greatful for people like me, who is deemed a sinner. Because if everyone was like you, Jesus would of died in vain.
Jeb
July 21, 2010 08:19PM
Well, if Christianity is Christianity as a whole, why would one bunch of "Christians" be in disrespect of another bunch of Christians, IE the Catholics ?.
Can`t you lot see your all fighting amongst yourselves over something you`ve never seen or heard or touched.
No wonder the Islamic faith are getting stronger by the minute ,and from what I can see ,the way they are infiltrating the west it probably will not be that to far away, where the "Christians" WILL be in a minority . And I wonder who the Bible thumpers will blame then ? could it really be only themselves to blame .?
Ma Betty claims God made us in his own image. Well for some thing that NOBODY has ever seen God , how do people know this is so? After all, no ones ever seen God ,So how on earth can you say yes God made man in his own image. ?
Anyway I`ve had enough of the Garbage and this is my last post on this thread. Its like talking to a load of Brain washed parrots.

Right ! wheres me dog collar ,Surplus and cassock. Time for evening song. We will gather by the river ...........................................

Tom! for gawds sake lock this bleedin thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2010 08:20PM by Jeb.
July 21, 2010 08:30PM
Jeb, Rover, qwk, swingblade,
Since I believe the Bible is the word of God and in it Jesus says, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but by me." And since the Bible also teaches of an eternal hell for those who's sins aren't forgiven. THEN, it would be inconsiderate of me not to warn you about the future.
It would be just like knowing that a bridge is washed out down the road but not warning the drivers that are going past me on the road. If I do warn them then at
least I tried to stop their impending doom.

Religion is man trying to reach God. It ain't gonna happen.
God reached down to us by sending his only begotten son.

Don't follow religions. Don't get religious.
Follow Jesus.
July 21, 2010 09:17PM
Ok...this is getting a bit rediculous now. If you want to preach religion then go to freakin' church and get the HELL out of the forum. Sorry Tom...these are your digs but really...I just found this forum recently and was very much looking forward to sharing knowledge in a hobby we all have a shared interest in...Christian or not. I for one have had enough of being preached to. Yes...I know....if I don't like what's being said then don't read the posts but there are forums specifically designed for these types of debates and this ain't one of 'em.

I'm Agnostic pure and simple. I'm a moralist. I understand the difference between right and wrong. I treat others as I'd like to have others treat me. If I'm a sinner for not accepting Jesus Christ as my savior then I'm a sinner...whatever. I'm comfortable with that. You so called Christians are no better than anybody else and quite frankly the complete and utter displays of ignorance would dictate otherwise.

Jesus Christ was no doubt a brillliant orator...not unlike others who have existed through the ages but let's face it...he was a man...just like any other...and if historical accounts are even close to being factual then he was a very moral man...but one who played on the fears and insecurities of mankind...but not for bad reasons, however misguided he and his followers were.

You believe what you want to believe and I'll believe what I want to believe but in the meantime...let's keep religion out of the Metal Detecting forums.
July 22, 2010 01:34AM
Jeff..no pun intended, but to comment on your post....

AMEN !

Over n out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2010 12:34PM by therover61.
July 22, 2010 05:54AM
follow jesus! and be not afraid!..for the "beast" walks the earth.,and he hungry!

j.t.
July 23, 2010 09:58PM
Lessons-learned........Walk away with:

Incredible in-the-blood PASSION

Irrefutable POINT
Irrefutable COUNTER-POINT

A true example/definition of "IDEOLOGY"

Now............GO BACK TO SWINGING A COIL!
August 01, 2010 02:27AM
Our Country the USA has changed we are always fighting a war or two and throwing our money to other countries when we shoud be taking care of the USA first. The space program seems to have lost what it was setup for. We can't afford to run it and a lot of other great programs that we need for the future of this country...I don't ever see us being able to put large sums of money into these kind of programs anymore the world just spins out of control. I do think the goverment should harness the minds of NASA and keep them busy at creating new ideas. They can help us with finding a way to become less dependent on oil. Lets keep these great minds working on other ideas for now and not fire them.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
August 01, 2010 02:40AM
LowBoy,

I concur just as long as Tom has time to keep the fires burning in the metal detecting world!!

Wally
August 01, 2010 07:15AM
i'm in complete agreement with this statement!..
forget the space race,unfortunately MOST folks
don't care about that anyway!

(h.h!)
j.t.
August 01, 2010 12:05PM
If the U.S. didn't spend billions so foolishly and used our money like THEY earned it and worked hard for it...we would have plenty.....Government jobs do not produce a thing (except red tape). Space The Final Frontier,,, come on guys !
August 08, 2010 05:35PM

Funny how the Biggest Collection of "Kiddie Fiddlers" up to date,have been, and are probably as yet undetected STILL are, Priests !!!!!!!

Although I find most of this goofy at best since most non-believers here will turn to a God in times of hardship and most devout people here will sin when they are tempted. I found this quote the most ignorant yet. While this gibberish is just a lack of knowledge of a certain Church, the rest of his post proves a lack of understanding of the Christian faith. Your attacks are based on what you've been told and then you applying generalities to make a point - much like a bigot would act. You specifically say the "biggest collection", and that fits right in with a modern self proclaimed scientist. Your words are words of someone who fears based on ignorance. Your only way to justify your misguidance and confusion is to elevate yourself by tearing others down. You would beg for your own life and those that you love, and not even know why. I've seen your type often in my professional career - the terms OCD, generalized anxiety, and a host of other "disorders" are born of the path you've chosen. You have no compass to get your from point A to point B. Your path has been chosen out of convenience and has resulted in a level of confusion where your only relief is to shout lies, insult, and dismiss.

To say you believe in God, but not the Bible is done out of convenience (not belief) - it allows you to leave out the parts you don't like and add parts that benefit you. It allows you to make questionable decisions and have dubious thoughts and not feel guilt. It's weak.

On the worn out "religion causes wars" argument:

Wars are fought over beliefs, natural resources, thirst for power, etc., but seldom specifically over religion. Do people turn to religion during the atrocities of war? Most definitely. Do they hope that their religion is right, and will protect them when they are attacked? Yup! Does that mean they were fought "over" religion? Nope. Hitler fought his war largely based on his belief in scientific "fact". I wonder why that is never discussed? You can't openly discuss the glaring holes in scientific "fact" in this country, without being insulted to the nth degree. America and Europe are the only places on Earth that routinely take a scientific hypothesis and make it fact. Science in the West is a religion of its own.
qwk
August 08, 2010 06:09PM
^^^ you just wrote a whole lot of jibberish without any facts.

The Muslims hate the Jews because both of their Holy lands are in the same place. Since the US is in bed with Israel, naturally they hate us. How is this not "religion" related?
I could go on about other wars, but i'm afraid it would be a waste of time because of your blinded attitude.

As for the child touchers, no not all of them are priests or even Christians. What is really sad is the ones that are priests, churches protect and shuffle them, so very few ever go to prison where they belong. Pure hypocrasy of the very things they say to believe.
August 08, 2010 10:00PM
"To say you believe in God, but not the Bible is done out of convenience (not belief)"

No, you are totally wrong, as it is NOT done out of convenience.

I think most realists see the irony in the following: 'True believers' state the Bible is the word of God, written by man (please tell me you at least acknowledge the fact that the Bible was written by man and wasn't miraculously found under a rock somewhere). Hence, man translated this 'word'. Man is imperfect and was given free will by God, yet how can this translation, these written words, be perfect and totally true ? You don't think man, with his finite wisdom yet total free will, embellished ANYTHING in the Bible ?

Just asking. Reason being, some of us do question things in this world. I think it would be an injustice and a waste of our God given free will if we didn't. The problem with some of these other people, is that they see this questioning as not believing, and condemn those that do question.

Now...who is the 'sinner' in that scenario ? The one questioning, or the one condemning ? Thomas did not believe until he saw things for himself. Aren't those questioning certain things on that same line ?

You state you CANNOT believe in God without totally believing in the Bible. I say horse manure and any rational person will question and ponder the Bible and all it's versus, try to interpret those that will mean something to them and help them through life, instead of blindly reading and believing every word. And I think ( this is me, and MY belief, which is not RIGHT nor WRONG, but MINE) that God would actually laugh at those who BLINDLY follow and not use one of the most precious things God gave us....FREE WILL.

One more thing...the Bible evolved over time. For those that were here on Earth during the Old Testament, are they now banished from where ever they are because they never read or learned the New Testament ? Are all those prior to Jesus' death, now dust, their 'souls' evaporated into the depths of the Universe, never finding a 'home' ? Do you see how nutty it is stating unless you totally believe every word of the Bible, you cannot believe in God ?

Just remember something..you are a sinner just like me. You are no better, no worse. You are not 'saved' and you do not know what happens when you die. You may THINK you do, and BELIEVE what may transpire, but you DO NOT KNOW. And no matter how much you write, talk, preach....YOU DO NOT KNOW ! No one does. Sorry.
August 08, 2010 11:04PM
Boys boys boys....this one's been beat to death already. Surely there are more appropriate forums for one to express his/her religious/political views so as to spare the rest of us heathens who are dambed to hell in peace. Isn't there?
August 09, 2010 12:14AM
Jeff....how's the 3D treating you ? Sorry...couldn't resist responding. My bad.
August 09, 2010 02:43AM
some of us are Christians, some of us are not!! there are by the book conservative Christians and there are liberal/ politically correct Christians!! there are intelligent Christians and there are ignorant atheists and agnostics!! there are ignorant Christians and there are intelligent non-believers!! too assume/classify a whole group as being one way or the other reveals your own intelligence!!!!! if you believe in Satan you understand that he loves to place pride, doubt, cynicism and any number of other flaws in the way of becoming or being a good Christan. if you don't believe in Satan then these flaws are just born out of ones upbringing and or environment.
yes Christians have been guilty of all these things. as well as "heathens". wars have been started in the name of god and because of the hatred of god. i am a Christan and some of the statements/generalizations made by some who posted in this thread were dead wrong.
ignorance, hypocrisy, blind faith , and blind disbelief, etc: are all undesirable quality's in humans...period. please keep your minds open and continue to challenge what you believe or dis-believe, it can only make you stronger!!! by the way, as far as the space program not being important or needed? i will quote someone that i think you all consider intelligent and i hope he doesn't mind, i know this quote was used in the context of metal detecting but i would like to apply it here.................."you don't know what you don't know".
chuck.
Jeb
August 09, 2010 10:42AM
People will be what they want to be , and there`s no problem with that ,as long as they don`t try to push their views and beliefs on other people who have different beliefs to them.Where it all goes wrong is
, people who believe in "God" are ALWAYS trying to push their belief on people who don`t believe in "God". YET!! People who don`t believe in "God" are rarely trying to persuade the people that do believe in "God" not to.
On here is a typical example where the believers are vehemently attempting to convince us non believers that we are completely in the wrong,calling us "sinners" and many many,more silly adjectives.
We will believe what we want to and will not be convinced, in any fashion, no more than we could convince people who do believe in "God" that they are chasing rainbows.
So what I would like to know is why they feel they have the right to feel sanctimoniously pious insomuch that they have this `right`, to tell other people that they are solely right in their beliefs and everyone else is wrong. AND not only wrong ,but they are "sinners" and will burn in Hell, wherever Hell is ?
Coming on here a Metal detecting forum and having the damn cheek to start spouting about God and religion when we come on here to talk about metal detecting matters only. If you people want to spout about Religion go to a forum which deals with religion only and stop encroaching on people who basically want to talk about metal detecting and not fictitious twaddle on the worst subject one could think of that causes disharmony and friction such as RELIGION.
Be good people which you profess you are then ,and kindly sling your hooks if your not going to talk on metal detecting matters only, otherwise your in danger of showing us your not everything you make out you are, which at this very moment in time is looking a very strong fact.
August 09, 2010 11:51AM
therover61 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jeff....how's the 3D treating you ?
> Sorry...couldn't resist responding. My bad.

Hey John...3D is workin' pretty good. Found my first gold ring with it...probably would've found it with any of my other detectors...although the 4th foil tone helps to alert you to that magic target range. I have discovered that the 3D's ability to indicate nickels as a high tone is of no use to me here in Canada and I'm not certain the Enhanced mode will be of much value either but that doesn't make the 3D any less of a performer here North of the border...just makes it different. Buffalo's and Indian Heads are few and far between up here obviously so having a machine tuned to make these targets appear as high tone is also of little use to me. What I like about the 3D as compared to a few other units is the fact that it's VERY quiet and is almost immune to EMI and of course it's legendary depth capabilities which I have yet to take full advantage of. I'll probably be making a detailed post related specifically to the 3D and it's performance here in Canada. Tom has indicated he'd tweak/tune it and see if he can adjust it to make it ID Cdn. nickels...or at least a certain range of them...to ID in the nickel slot but depending on the coin mass/composition it may not be practical to do so. Considering I'll be digging everything except Iron for the most part it shouldn't be much of a handicap. The smallest silver coins read High tone and copper registers up there too...all of the stuff that really matters reads high. Given my initial observations I have to ask Tom what if any handicap I may experience running the 3D in Salt mode. The only thing running in Enhanced mode has done was to increase the percentage of pull tabs that will register in the nickel/high tone range. I know if I run in Salt mode ANYWHERE that it will decrease the 3D's sensitivity to very small gold but you can't have everything and there simply isn't a do everything machine so if I want to concentrate on the micro stuff or other very small gold items I'll consider purchasing a machine more specifically designed for that purpose...I could see a Gold Bug in the arsenal at some point.

Sincerely,

Sinner Jeff