Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

So Tom...

Posted by jbow 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Jeb
Re: So Tom...
August 09, 2010 01:01PM
Jeff you say the " ledgendary" depth capabilities of the 3D. What I`d be interested in asking anyone who uses a 3D and have used the F75,is do they compare or failing that, which is the greater ? The sensitivity on the F75 is without question. the depth of the F75 is known. But would anyone who has owned both, suggest the pluses and minuses against each other .
August 09, 2010 03:20PM
Jeb,
I don't have an F75 but have owned the entire CZ line from CZ6 in 1991 up though CZ3D. From reading all the posts they are similar in depth but F75 has a much faster processor that works trashy areas best of all but doesn't like salt beaches. 3D is a lot more stable and does work well on the salt beaches. I live in Florida in Tampa Bay area and spend at least 75% of detecting time on the beaches so 3D works better for me. Relic hunters would get better results from F75.

About 12 to 15 years ago we found an area of beach that had been used by military troops for R&R back in WWII. We were finding a lot of 42 - 43 Merc's in 8 to 12 inch range and at the time the CZ's were the only machines having consistent success. I also dug a 1948 nickel from about 13 inches in the same area. Over the years they have had at least 3 or 4 Beach Renourishment programs and pumped thousands of yards of sand back in so I believe the dimes can now rest in peace!

Wally
Jeb
August 09, 2010 05:07PM
Thanks for answering Wally.
August 10, 2010 12:26AM
Qoute: it all goes wrong is
, people who believe in "God" are ALWAYS trying to push their belief on people who don`t believe in "God".

It is our jobs as Christians to try to bring God to the lives of people who are lost and don't know Him. If we didn't we wouldn't be serving Him. He loves even the non believers. He just wants you to acknowledge Him.
August 10, 2010 01:19AM
jeb, i am sorry that you and allot of others are so jaded and have had such a bad experience with Christians!!! if you would like to i will continue this by pm or by e-mail, but without insulting anyone lets agree to end the religion portion of this thread. agreed?
August 10, 2010 05:20PM
Jeff...gues what. I got a Gold Bug coming today ! Gonna take it down to the beach during my vacation and see how it works in the wet sand. I already like a lot of the feautres it has and I know it will be a good all around unit. But if it works like some say in the wet sand and has the ability to run smooth, then I will be very happy.

I agree that if you will be digging all targets except repeatable low tones, then the 4th tone is pretty much a moot point. The dig all deep target strategy regardless of tone can bring up a lot of interesting targets....along with deep iron too but that's the price you pay.

Keep diggin.

John
August 10, 2010 05:28PM
John,

Keep me posted on the Gold Bug performance. I'm assuming it is in fact the Gold Bug (VID) and not the Gold Bug II. Price point on the Gold Bug seems pretty reasonable. I'm seriously considering the addition of a more specialized unit for the small/micro gold at the beaches but until I hit the beach hard with the 3D I'll reserve that decision to a later date.
August 10, 2010 08:46PM
Jeff,

It is the new Gold Bug Se with both 5 inch and 11 inch DD coils I am getting. Will definitely keep you ( and report back to all the others as well) as to it's performance on the beach. I don't hunt for nuggets, but reading and hearing reports that this machine can be used in the wet sand had me getting one. Since it's light weight, auto and manual gb along with 2 tone ID and readings for ground phase and ground balanced were all features I was looking for, the wet sand performance was the deal breaker.

If it can't hunt the wet sand as well as I hope, I know it will still be a killer dry sand and tot lot unit just due to the weight alone. There were initial issues with some of them not being set up right and my dealer had sent mine back to FT for the fix if needed. He tested it before he sent it to me and everything is A-Ok so I am excited to try it out.
August 10, 2010 10:51PM
I'm excited for you too John! Hmmm...only another 3 months of detecting weather here in Nova Scotia...certainly is going to be a long winter...do you get much more beach time in NJ than we do here? S'pose it's a matter of how cold you're willing to get and whether or not the frost has set in the ground. I really envy Tom and others in the Southern US and Pacific West. We'll have to satisfy ourselves by living vicariously through them.
August 11, 2010 12:05AM
Jeff,

Me and my hunting partner pretty much hunt the beach all year long. The only time there may be issues is if we can't get down there due to too much snow, but other than that, the wet sand doesn't freeze up unless we have a really long cold spell.

The Fall and Winter are pretty much the best times for getting older targets due to the way the currents actually take sand away and the potential for Noreasters and storms to really erode the beach. Those storms can take 5-10 feet of sand away and then you start to get older coins. Mind you, lots of them are beat up, but some are in really good shape. The best thing about gold is, it doesn't corrode if its 14K or higher. 14k and up rings, pendants, chains come out, once cleaned up, looking new. The only caveat to that is if the gold was sitting on top of or next to iron.

Gonna look for some of those older Canadian nickels to test out !
August 11, 2010 03:42AM
Jeff and Rover,

What's snow?. Haven't seen any for about 50 years now! I was born in Chicago so I do remember. We did have a terrible winter this past year and I lost 7 palm trees and a bunch of other plants! The banana trees suffered a bit also.The weather is a relative thing, what you would consider warm in the winter I would be freezing! Oh well, I can tell I'm not getting any sympathy......

Suncoast Wally
Jeb
August 11, 2010 08:24AM
Wally I ENVIE YOU and your weather. Detecting in Idyllic conditions.
August 11, 2010 11:39AM
Suncoast Wally Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jeff and Rover,
>
> What's snow?. Haven't seen any for about 50 years
> now! I was born in Chicago so I do remember. We
> did have a terrible winter this past year and I
> lost 7 palm trees and a bunch of other plants! The
> banana trees suffered a bit also.The weather is a
> relative thing, what you would consider warm in
> the winter I would be freezing! Oh well, I can
> tell I'm not getting any sympathy......
>
> Suncoast Wally

You are a funny man Wally. What's snow...hahahaha. Poor banana trees. Actually, the temperatures here in Nova Scotia during the winter are fairly moderate all things considered. Average daytime high during January is between 24.8 - 21.2ºF. Absolutely balmy! lol

As far as sympathy is concerned...I heard you can find some somewhere between @#$%& and syphillus in the dictionary. hahaha
August 22, 2010 10:23PM
Jeff and Jeb,

Just to keep you current with conditions in Florida, 2 of my palms are show ing signs of coming back and the bananas are thriving with a large clump of new bananas starting to grow now. I'll have a home made banana split in your honor in a couple of weeks. Good hunting guys and if you're planning on coming down wait a few months to really enjoy th benefits we have to share!

Wally
August 22, 2010 11:30PM
Hey Wally. Glad to hear the palm trees are recovering. Mmmm...banana split sounds good. Been an amazing summer here in Nova Scotia this year. Temps regularly in the high 80's and lot's of sun shine. Need rain now as the ground is very dry. Been having a bit of success. Scored a 1900 Cdn. Dime...we call 'em vickie's. Also scored a 1910 Large Cdn. Cent. Gotta love o'l King Edward. Scrounged up a '47 Cdn. Quarter and a '53 Cdn. Dime today....oh...and let's not forget my first gold a couple of weeks ago. Only been out on 14 outings to date and have dug over 1200 'clad' coins totalling just over $150.00 Not gonna retire doing this but it sure is alot of fun!
August 23, 2010 12:54AM
Jeff,
Sounds good, kinda keeps the passion buring looking for the next big hit. I rummaged around in the finds and came up with around 3700 dollars worth of gold, most of which was old broken finds. The price of gold got up too high to walk away. Now I got to start over!

Most of that was found with CZ's, gotta love em!

Good hunting
Wally
August 23, 2010 09:01AM
Sounds like the Florida beaches have been very good to you over the years. 3700 in gold is a nice haul. Year round beach weather helps I'm sure. You should melt it all down and have some big piece of 'bling' made out of it...perhaps a big gawdy metal detector chain. smiling smiley