Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Lots of great knowledgeable people on this forum. What do you do for a living?

Posted by Mccrorysjewelry2 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Lots of very knowledgeable people on this forum when it comes to metal detecting. Just wondering if you would share what you do for a living.

I am a jewelry store owner. I sell and repair jewelry and buy and sell coins. I also sell metal detectors. Thanks, Kevin
Re: Lots of great knowledgeable people on this forum. What do you do for a living?
May 31, 2015 08:00PM
I used to be a subcontracts and contracts administrator for various aerospace, oil and comstruction companies. Now I annoy people on FaceBook and Metal Detector Froums and play Pickleball

[www.usapa.org]

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
Retired USAF. Worked on aircraft communications systems, inertial navigation, doppler radar navigation, weapons release systems, aircraft flight instruments, auto pilot, fuel quantity, fight director, aircraft engine instrument systems, technical training support electronic equipment, dabbled a little with satellite communications, and managed a state of the art facility involving miniature and micro miniature electronic circuit board repair.

Do it all again if I had the chance!!!!!
Electrical engineer retired from GE
Part time analog TV repairman in the 70's
Part time CB radio technician-wasn't everyone in the 70's?
Full time husband to wonderful lady from 1956 to date- my most important accomplishment!
Manage cell site construction
Hi, you have an interesting job, I'm a retired Maytag repairman. Been in the repair bussiness all my life.
Re: Lots of great knowledgeable people on this forum. What do you do for a living?
May 31, 2015 09:13PM
Official designation: Senior mechanical designer (in actuality, a high paid drafter...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out)
We sell and service Stihl, Viking, John Deere, Polaris, Can-Am.
Will work on anything you can easily get parts for,... the big brands.

Will not work on that "cheap and cheerfull restickered 10 times" stuff which floods the market and ends up in the scrap after 2 years.

3-rd generation mechanic, loves the other half, the kids, grandkids and the dog,.... and a good egg and chips now and again.

HH
Johnb
Former Operations Director for the local transit system. Recently "reorganized" out of my position; if anyone is hiring... Lol
May 31, 2015 09:31PM
Network Engineer
Vibration Analyst for paper company. Machinist for 28 years prior to moving into reliability profession.

Walt,

From the GA-FL line

Silver microMax, CTX 3030, Excal 2, ATPro

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2015 12:45AM by Fletch88.
May 31, 2015 09:45PM
Microbiologist/ MBA.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2015 12:44PM by doc holiday.
May 31, 2015 09:54PM
Retired industrial mechanic. I worked almost 43yrs at a glass container factory. If you've eaten or drank anything in a glass container, I probably worked on the machinery that inspected and packaged it.
May 31, 2015 10:41PM
Waterproofing engineer...errrr roofing contractor. We do it on top!
My career..... Spent 31 yrs running a huge Braun anhydrous NH3 plant. Control board operator for over half of that. This will tell ya how old I might be LOL. Through high school was a meat cutter for Winn Dixie. Graduated from high school and became a market manager making 1.95 and hour..... Paid all the bills and had cash in the pocket. Left there and went to the chemical plant for..... 2.35 an hour LOL. Back then that was high cotton wages. Inside of a year was making 5 bucks and hour and had money to burn! Now I'm on the downward side and went back to running a meat dept and now just cutting meat until I can watch the crack hoes and pimps with a metal detector in my hand full time and catch some bluegills in the river. Just a couple more years yippee!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2015 10:45PM by Jack Flynn.
Amature Rocket Scientist -(Estes) - not really. Work for Union Pacific Railroad mechanical department - 24/7 desk. Late life carrer change. Used be in electronics industry for many years.

Bryanna - Nebraska

Current - New to me but not new MXT Pro and T2 SE2 - Previous Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Safari, Whites DFX, Whites Eagle Spectrum
Smile its a good for you!
May 31, 2015 10:58PM
Thoroughbred engineer,,,,,,,now you know what I shovel.
Belmont's in a week!!
May 31, 2015 11:08PM
Worked as manager of bridge const.for Union Pacific Railroad. Retired after 38 years.
May 31, 2015 11:21PM
I put in 39 years on the Santa Fe/BNSF RR as a switchman, brakeman and conductor. I've seen a lot of life threatening scary stuff through the years even seen my life flash before my eyes more than once. Only had one fatality when my crew hit an oilfield truck at 70mph, that Chevy 1 ton did not stand a chance against that General Electric locomotive consist and 8,000 tons of fast through frieght.
IT senior system admin of a very large network. I started before it was even known as IT. It was good ride while it lasted. Hopefully retired next year. I think portions of the next generation of IT people are in for a rough ride.
June 01, 2015 12:44AM
Maintenance technician/line leader for one of the largest automotive parts companies in the world. My favorite field was machining with CNC lathes but made a move into the technician side of things. Now I am on injection molding side of things; totally different world. Dealing with 4 to 6 axis robots and such. I can handle troubleshooting the machines and fixing them...it's the line leader part that I don't too much care for. Machines I can handle....people are the ones I have little tolerance for. They keep wanting to send me these young kids that don't give a rip whether they work or not. They want to go to the bathroom every 30 minutes, stay on their phones, or show up when they want to. All three of which, my tolerance window is very short for. I hate having to sit in a room in meetings and explaining to upper mgt why my lines did not meet production for the shift. They come down hard on me...and it quickly rolls down hill from there. LOL
June 01, 2015 12:47AM
I've put in 37 years as a Game Warden.....and still pounding the woods.Having to much fun to quit nowsmiling smiley
I do have the best job in the world....
June 01, 2015 01:31AM
Yes you do Whimpster! God bless ya man!
Been a commercial tuna fisherman for 27 yrs now..Hoping for another 27
Industrial Waste Water Operator, Duties....Maintenance, Lab Technician, Operator.

Every day's an adventure, This may sound crazy but enjoy my job more than metal detecting smiling smiley
June 01, 2015 02:11AM
Here's the short version......Was a residential carpenter, then got into the union doing commercial work in 83. Started a little remodeling company back in 90. I'm slowing down physically and am a bit tired of the building business. I may help my son start a pool business next year then hopefully retire in about 4 to 5 years, we'll see.
June 01, 2015 02:19AM
I worked all my life on our dairy farm until a year ago when we had to sell the cows and land as we were working 7 days/week 365 days/year and wasn't making enough to cover our bills. I also had my own satellite company that I named Yours 2 C Satellite Systems, installed and repaired the c band/big dish systems. no longer do any satellite work but did enjoy it. I am now working in a factory (Ansen Corporation) [www.ansencorp.com] I build led lights for Ephesus in the department where I work [ephesuslighting.com] The pay is not so good but I enjoy my job the people that I work for and the people that I work with and the hours I work is nice 6:45am - 3:15pm Monday-Friday. Almost forgot to mention, I was a detector dealer for a short while (Tesoro and Teknetics) didn't get the business that I thought I might. I enjoy building & repairing headphones. I have a wonderful wife (married 24 years and dated her 10 years before we got married) and have two wonderful kids, a boy Adam and a girl Sarah.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2015 02:35AM by SkiWhiz.
June 01, 2015 02:35AM
Hi,,,,I metal detect for a living,I got some years to go before I can collect Social Security if it's still around when the time comes....Before that I was an Electronics Technician and Professional Musician plus an Inventor of sorts....I'm basically lazy now but I am working on my second million,since I Gave Up on the first one..thumbs down..My newest and latest part time job is holding down the couch so no one takes it....JJ
Retired after 34 years at an Aerospace Company. Started there as a Machinist and retired as a Manufacturing Manager. Started my own business about three years ago and now audit ATM machines for one of the largest banks. Detect every chance I get.
June 01, 2015 02:56AM
I work for the worlds largest carpet manufacturer Shaw Industries I am a maintenance mechanic been with the company 20 years. I do a lot of metal fabrication and a ton of welding.