Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

A wake up call

Posted by kickback 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
A wake up call
August 05, 2010 01:40AM
On my way to work last night I experienced "crushing chest pain".I ended up in an ambulance then a cardiac cath lab.Had a 80% blockage in a cardiac artery.They put a stint in.There was no heart muscle damage.I get out of the hospital tomorrow.This scared the daylights out of me.I'm on the 3rd floor of the hospital scouting out detecting sites,looking acroos town.I can't lift over 8 pounds for the next 2 weeks.I'm glad the F 75 is so light.Bill
Re: A wake up call
August 05, 2010 01:47AM
my dad had the exact same thing happen stint and all a few months back! hes doing great and acts like he has forgotten his "wake up call"
praying for you!
chuck.
August 05, 2010 03:00AM
Your very fortunate. I hope you have a quick recovery, and take care.
Aaron
August 05, 2010 11:24AM
Feel better soon!!!
August 05, 2010 04:14PM
You are lucky, NOW is the time to start taking better care of yourself eating better , I have changed my eating habits now for a year now, And NOW I don't take blood pressure medicine any moore I have cleaned out my veins by eating Cheerios, a year ago I did not think this would work it dropped my cholesterol and blood pressure a lot,Good Luck and don't take your health for granted. HH
August 05, 2010 10:08PM
Bill,

Be VERY thankful there is no heart damage!!! GLAD YOU ARE STILL WITH US! Wake-up call... is right! I'm tickled that medical technology is far enough advanced...that a stint is outpatient surgery! (Did not use to be this way a few short years ago!). Quality sleep is critical to health.....as is good food.
August 06, 2010 02:52AM
The interesting thing is all my lab work,lipids,cholesterol levels were in the normal range.They found one artery with some blockage.I got out today.I'm as weak as a kitten.I can go metal detecting in one week.Back to the park that gave up silver recently.Bill
August 06, 2010 08:35PM
Bill,

I can tell what's FIRST AND FOREMOST on your mind! It is exactly these burning passions that keep us alive..........more than most think! Use the recovery time for research!
August 08, 2010 12:53PM
I know where you are coming from, Bill, in wanting to get back out swinging. I had a pacemaker put in back in June and was out digging, (carefully) three days later. Just amazing what medical things can be done today. Glad you caught it all in time and on the mend. HH jim tn
August 08, 2010 05:32PM
Be careful getting up and down. The 8 lbs thing is so that you wont pop open the artery in your leg where they went in... you don't want to do that.

Glad you're ok. I got mine without a heart attack. I told my Dr that it was time for me to be checked due to family history. I had no symptoms but they checked anyway and absolutely freaked out, said I should be dead. I had three blockages. One in a minor artery they left alone. I had an 85% and a 95% in my right main (the widow maker). Dr said the blood was getting through one cell at a time plus my body had constructed some small bypass arteries around the blockages... weird huh? I had been taking an 81mg aspirin every night for a few years and it likely saved my life.

Everyone... Don't expect others to take care of you, others will try and fix you if you don't take care of yourself... but if you think you need to be checked... ASK to be checked and remember if you have a choice... doctors are better than undertakers.

Julien
August 08, 2010 09:31PM
Went detecting yesterday for a short hunt.Dug some coins,clad.I'm still kind of weak.Bill
August 09, 2010 01:08AM
Wow!

...............Once again.............WELCOME HOME!

Glad your diggings are from the surface...downward.......................and NOT the other way around!
Welcome back Bill !