Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

My Missouri State Park Detecting Permit for you to view. What a joke!!thumbs up

Posted by khouse 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
My Missouri State Park Detecting Permit for you to view. What a joke!!thumbs up
January 19, 2016 01:02AM
I've been getting my State Park Detecting Permits for several years now. At first they were pretty general in nature. They used to say you could hunt daylight hours even when the Beaches were closed. Over the years they have reduced the number of places to hunt plus restricting the times you could hunt. Next years permit will likely say you can hunt any Wednesday from 8:05am to 8:20am during a rain of 1 inch or more! I mean it's not really worth it anymore. What harm can a detectorist do to a sand beach? Beach goers bury their trash, pile up large rocks and dig huge holes never to be filed. Here is my 2016 Permit....

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
Re: My Missouri State Park Detecting Permit for you to view. What a joke!!thumbs up
January 19, 2016 01:07AM
Do you have to purchase your permit in Mo to detect.
wjs
Re: My Missouri State Park Detecting Permit for you to view. What a joke!!thumbs up
January 19, 2016 01:13AM

Do you have to purchase your permit in Mo to detect.

No, if you did I would not bother.
January 19, 2016 01:19AM
Gotya...

It does make one wonder,,,,

For example, imagine since 1970 if metal detecting was off limits on Florida beaches,, what would the beaches look like and be composed of besides sand????

A mountain of can slaw, pull tabs maybe, ect.

Would it even be possible to go barefoot at all???
January 19, 2016 01:41AM
Yea, I keep my 1.5" Keene in the truck just to suction dredge beaches lol

Those windows of opportunity are a little tight, hope ya don't have to long of a drive to see me of those.
January 19, 2016 01:49AM
Here are the permit restrictions for Wheat Ridge Colorado. I refuse to do any business there unless necessary. It used to be banned. A local detector group got them to issue permits as of a few years ago but I think I would need a lawyer to follow me around to see if I am in compliance.

Metal detecting activities are permitted in all parks with these exceptions: Municipal Swimming Pool Richards-Hart Estate Wheat Ridge Recreation Center Active Adult Center Hayward Park/City Hall Historical Park Baugh Property Wheat Ridge Greenbelt Founders’ Park Lewis Meadows Open Space

Definitions specific to metal detecting: • “Officer” shall collectively mean any officer from the Wheat Ridge Police Department (“WRPD”) and/or Community Service Officer (“CSO”). • “Natural Vegetation Area” shall mean any area where any species of native (i.e., North American) plants are naturally growing and reproducing. Lawn areas are not native plant areas. • “Ball Fields” shall mean areas designated for athletic activities but not limited to baseball, softball, soccer, football, lacrosse fields and bleacher/dugout areas etc. • “Woodlands” shall mean land with dense coverage of trees, shrubs or bushes

Permit conditions: • Metal Detecting activity on Parks’ property requires a valid permit from the City of Wheat Ridge Parks and Recreation Department. A copy of this permit must be in possession. • Permit is effective April 1 through September 30 of current year only. • Applicant shall use hand tools that can be used by one hand only for Metal Detecting. Hand tools shall be limited to 4 inches wide and 12 inches long. • Applicant shall restore any disturbed area to its original condition by removing all evidence of digging and/or probing. All trash, litter or other debris uncovered must be removed and placed in an approved trash receptacle. • Probing or digging is strictly prohibited within 25 feet of a tree or within the drip line of the tree, whichever is greater. • Probing or digging is strictly prohibited in the following areas: Ballfields, playgrounds, newly seeded/sodded lawns, flower/shrub beds/gardens, woodlands, natural vegetation areas, wood chipped areas, wetlands, lakes, ponds, ditches, any waterways or near water’s edge, or any other area restricted by signage. • Probing or digging is strictly prohibited within 50 feet of any fence. • Applicant shall comply with any directive to move or cease their actions by any Parks or City official.

Other: The Metal Detection Permit Request may be approved or disapproved based on the following criteria: a. Impact on the area in use in terms of large numbers of individuals in the area. b. Impact on daily use. c. Coordination with any other large group activity being held in the pavilion or park area. d. Parking availability for regular daily use and requested event usage. e. Requested event must not conflict with any Park Rules and Regulations already in effect. f. Impact fees may apply. g. Parks Division maintenance projects.

In addition, I hereby acknowledge and agree that any objects I find while metal detecting on City owned property shall, at the option of Parks, become the property of the City.
January 19, 2016 01:49AM
Wow.

And I see the fine print where you've got to contact the Superintendent if any item of value over $10 is found...such as virtually any ring, or piece of jewelry.

Or an historic item? So, is a 1965 dime historical because it's over 50 years old?

mike
January 19, 2016 02:00AM
TabWhisperer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here are the permit restrictions for Wheat Ridge
> Colorado. I refuse to do any business there
> unless necessary.

Jim,

I just read through all that. Some of it started to seem reasonable until I got to the parts where you can't probe in:
"Ballfields, playgrounds, newly seeded/sodded lawns, flower/shrub beds/gardens, woodlands, natural vegetation areas, wood chipped areas, wetlands, lakes, ponds, ditches, any waterways or near water’s edge, or any other area restricted by signage."
In other words...where either people, water, or vegetation (in any form) are now, or have ever been. confused smiley

My eyes actually glazed over when I read this nugget:
"Probing or digging is strictly prohibited within 50 feet of any fence."
We gotta protect those Colorado fence vistas....wait, what?

smiling smiley
mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2016 02:01AM by Mike in CO.
January 19, 2016 02:05AM
The definitions have grown worse over the last few years. I don't get it. At this point they would have been better off just drawing a few red circles on their park maps where it is permitted. Or just go back to no detecting rather than trap people into thinking they are okay and then fining them.
January 19, 2016 04:10AM
Heck at least you can hunt the state parks. Here you cannot in Ga.
January 19, 2016 04:33AM
Can't hunt them in WI either...wouldn't want to,nothing there besides garbage I'd imagine. Looks like your gonna be going into work late a lot!smiling smiley
January 19, 2016 04:40AM
Screw that. I don't follow stupid rules.
January 19, 2016 03:56PM
Welcome to My World and it Sucks! At least you can still Detect some as We lost about all Public Property. I had many here and other Forums tell Me I'm gloom and Doom or pointin' fingers. Well who is Gloom and Doom now! Are Hobby for us that depend on Public Spots to Hunt is slowly Goin' away fella's. It may not have happened yet to you,But I promise you it will so enjoy it while you can!
January 19, 2016 04:24PM
Better then nothing

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
January 19, 2016 04:38PM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
> Better then nothing

Not really. That's what's wrong in America. Our rights and liberties keep getting chipped away at.
January 19, 2016 04:41PM
Manufacturers should have lobbists beating down politician’s doors.
May be the Trump card?

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
January 19, 2016 06:07PM
I wish I knew if there was a common theme to the areas where it is restrictive or convoluted. I assume there are some city or park managers that either think he/she owns the city or there was some bad incident with an idiot going nuts digging. I noticed another local city is issuing permits that are still wide open but I wonder what they are trying to accomplish. Maybe they are planning on tightening the noose in the future. In Denver parks it seems things were okay until the Democratic Convention hit town years ago. If I remember right all detecting was off limits during the convention (I can maybe see the reasoning) but afterwards they made it probe only in lawn areas. Tough going since most older targets are deeper. I have heard of some guys digging major holes in Denver parks in the past and leaving a mess. If there was some way to sit down and get some rational conversation between clubs, individuals and cities it might help. Or maybe not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2016 06:08PM by TabWhisperer.
January 19, 2016 06:27PM
That's part of the Problem too many people hunting at once and all using Shovels in a open area. The Detecting shows don't help any showing quick easy valuable finds and all the time using Shovels. It gets the greed in people goin' who would have no intrest or even know what the Hobby was. I guess I'm pointin' fingers again as one JERK TOLD ME!
January 20, 2016 01:51AM
All great comments! I do agree with Harold about the shows and shovels. All it takes is the wrong board member or park superintendent watching a detecting show to tighten the noose or worse!!!!!!!!! Try to hunt early and leave your long handled shovel in the truck.
I'm sorry for those of you where hunting is off limits. I used to be able to hunt these parks during daylight hours even if closed. But the writing's on the wall. Soon my areas will be shut down totally.

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
January 20, 2016 04:37AM
If you ever read the comments from archeologists about how they view us, you'll understand the fight against us too. Which is sad,because we all should and could be working together to help uncover/discover and understand history.
January 20, 2016 04:44AM
Well I agree we own the land but they run it..we should be able to hunt with a permit any forest land...yeah we vote them in and they kick us out

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
January 20, 2016 10:55PM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
> Well I agree we own the land but they run it..we
> should be able to hunt with a permit any forest
> land...yeah we vote them in and they kick us out
That is so true! What is wrong with us?????

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
January 20, 2016 11:00PM
deathray Wrote:
> If you ever read the comments from archeologists
> about how they view us, you'll understand the
> fight against us too. Which is sad,because we all
> should and could be working together to help
> uncover/discover and understand history.
Why can't we be like other countries where we report our finds? The State or Museums pays us the full appraised value if they want our finds. Then we split it with the land owner. Everyone wins. But NO! Here in the US we are told to leave our history in the ground so nobody will ever know about them while they decay into a giant rust ball. Yeah, that makes sense........???????

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
January 20, 2016 11:44PM
Just tell them you plan to join ISIS and you need the land mine digging practice. No problem--maybe even a permit from BHO.
January 21, 2016 01:31AM
Thats what Im saying. Would love to work WITH them. Matter of fact, if I was 18 again, I would put my energy into a degree in archaeology, instead of partying.
January 21, 2016 11:15AM
The problem in the US is this: there are too many historic facts that they want erased for good. Archaeological evidence/proof would contradict the lies they have passed off in the history books. Therefore it will stay in the ground until it is gone, or be developed until it is gone. This gives them the clean slate to retell history as they want it to be, instead of how it really was.
January 21, 2016 02:23PM
Daniel you don't really think "they" would rewrite history---LOL. Just read the news they rewrite history every day.
January 22, 2016 01:30AM
You probably have a point there Daniel.
January 22, 2016 06:08AM
For example...take any random incident...whether it be a vehicle crash, a tornado, or an altercation at work with witnesses. Then have each person give their account of what they saw and how it happened. Each person is going to see the exact same thing...but they will have different accounts of what happened. Then as time goes on and the story gets told and retold, it gains more elements and loses a lot of the truth.

It makes me wonder about how accurate our accounts of history really are. The victors in battle usually get to tell the story...but what if it isn't the correct version of it, but it still gets penned down as fact? I remember watching a television show on the battle of Little Bighorn where they were doing forensic and archaeological surveying vs the field reports and such from the battle. The Sioux say it happened this way...the US cavalry says it happened this other way. Since the Sioux were defeated in the war itself, the cavalry got to tell the story as they saw it..but the evidence they dug up largely supported the Sioux side of the story.