Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nokta Fors Relic....Video digs

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Nokta Fors Relic....Video digs
March 14, 2016 02:55AM
Short video of some Digging..

This Relic LOVES Bullets...My bullet count has started climbing since using these 19Khz Noktas..

[www.youtube.com]

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Re: Nokta Fors Relic....Video digs
March 14, 2016 03:24AM
Some nice digs there.
Would you please comment on your settings used.
March 14, 2016 04:58AM
That seems odd doesn't it? At 19khz you would think the sensitivity would be greater towards buttons and low conductors. Minies are about the same conductivity of a zinc cent on most detectors, which would put them more towards mid to high conductive. You would think the lower khz machines would be better for bullets. Interesting to say the least.
March 14, 2016 06:04AM
Oh it's a Low conductor lover for sure Daniel..

BUT this isn't a Goldbug or F19 mindset..Think of it more of a Shadow X5..

Things were set forth in the design to have the high conductors be more along the lines of say a 14-15Khz unit..

After some re-tweaks from Request Alper was able to push the 'Across the board conductivity depths UP'..SO these FORS Relics are hot on Buttons like you've yet to see on hardly any unit and also the zinc and copper range is extremely Hot as well..Actually a copper penny and a Nickle airtest extremely close...and there both in the upper teens..

One of my thoughts lurking in the back of my mind was to get it hot on 2 piece and 1 piece buttons..No let downs Its HOT!!

Hence My quote "A relic hunters dream unit in the purest sense"
[noktadetectors.com]

One thing People are going to love about this Unit it is a real deal Relic unit...That can also double as a Old coins hunter...

For me its all I Need in modern or Old sites....I hope once others get hold of it they are enamored...

Super Sparky,Super Sleuthy,Super Blendy,Super Bleedy,Super Exact Loves ROUND and WEIRD shaped Non ferrous items intermingled in iron..

In my opinion its the purest dedicated relic unit built at the moment for the Purist relic hunter..

I don't mean to sound overly enthused for the unit But to be honest it's a unit I've been after for a long time...Ergonomics of handle could use some tweaking and taller armcuff sides would be appreciated...but I feel the Electronics are spot on..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 14, 2016 07:55AM
I remember you saying the Shadow X5 was a silver killer for you which was about the same type scenario with the frequency. I dug a lot of bullets with mine but also had trouble with iron reading good. Is the Relic machine similar in that regard with the iron or does it do a better job at that? How is it in those tin roof sites?

I keep looking for a machine to compliment the GPX that I use. Some sites are just not cut out for it, and scouting type hunts are not good for it either. A man needs something light weight and that can cover ground quick with...that does pretty good at holding its own against other machines. I'm interested in the Relic detector. I like that handle configuration better than the S rod detectors so I will probably like how it balances.
March 14, 2016 09:25AM
Good digs Keith thumbs down

looks like you get decent depth outta the FR in your soil.
March 14, 2016 09:36AM
Enjoy your videos Keith, your ground seems to be very dry & hard.
March 14, 2016 12:19PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oh it's a Low conductor lover for sure Daniel..
>
> BUT this isn't a Goldbug or F19 mindset..Think of
> it more of a Shadow X5..
>
> Things were set forth in the design to have the
> high conductors be more along the lines of say a
> 14-15Khz unit..

I, for one, would like to have this explained for those of us without an advanced degree in metal detectors <g>.

Nice video, Keith. Yes, sure seems to like the bullets. Now find us some buttons so we can hear them.
Any chance you can differentiate shotgun hulls and modern bullets by sound or display?

It is my understanding, the Nokta Fors Relic does not have a mineralization scale on it. Correct?
How do you compare the Relic to other detectors in mineralized dirt? Does it represent a step UP in this regard from earlier Nokta/Makro machines?

Lots of questions, Keith, will appreciate your answers.

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
March 14, 2016 02:04PM
Has anyone said yet of when the Relic will be available in the US? I've seen it asked on the forums but I don't recall seeing an ETA date on it.
March 14, 2016 02:17PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> Has anyone said yet of when the Relic will be
> available in the US? I've seen it asked on the
> forums but I don't recall seeing an ETA date on
> it.

Shipping to USA distributor next week.
Thank you!
March 14, 2016 03:27PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> Has anyone said yet of when the Relic will be
> available in the US? I've seen it asked on the
> forums but I don't recall seeing an ETA date on
> it.

Order now Daniel at kellyco and save like $50 by pre ordering grinning smiley
March 14, 2016 04:11PM
I ordered mine. Got a $47 disc on the price thru the social thing.

Great video Keith.
March 14, 2016 06:50PM
Great video, Keith. If I used a shovel like that I'd end up with twice as many bullets or at least the bullets would be significantly smaller grained than they started off. smiling smiley

Looks like a great relic machine.
March 14, 2016 09:48PM
It still likes to jump on iron and tin..BUT the I.D. and Blendy tone helps a lot compared to a single tone unit like a X5..

Its the bets of what's available right now tech wise for Relics in Iron..It can also double as a Coin hunter and hold it own well...

It's a True workhorse type machine..type you can throw in the truck bed and not worry about it..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
March 14, 2016 09:56PM
Well freq is not everything...if you push it and Tune it in the programming Like Alper has done it can do very well on other conductors..

I like a 19Khz as its very hot on brass and thats what Im after..Like Buttons..Plus that Freq in my red clay seems to Punch through on a lot of conductors plus the reactivity the High Freq allows likes to punch while not looking at the soil to long...

There is a numeric mineral scale...Just pump the coil and look at the two digit number above the tracking on/off Icon..

Its my personal Apex relic machine..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
March 14, 2016 09:58PM
I was in Di2..sens 90 tone break 15...traking off..ground balanced at 60 ..mineral was 30..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
March 14, 2016 09:59PM
All others appreciate the replies

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
March 14, 2016 10:12PM
Another great video Keith and another SOLID BUILT MACHINE FROM NOKTA! WOOHOO thumbs down

My only question for you Keith is this? Where is your handheld pinpointer? I couldn't live without mine spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

But seriously, does that (swift) SWT mode work? Does it help and do well in aluminum pop tops and beaver tails, etc?

Thanks,
bubba

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2016 10:16PM by bubbadirect.
March 14, 2016 11:28PM
Keith, Since this is a 19 kHz machine, is it as good on small gold nuggets as the Fors Gold+ ?. Seems like it ought to be, but doesn't have the SAT. Thanks, Joel
March 14, 2016 11:55PM
Keith...nice job on the bullets...not making fun of you or anything...But

It always amazes me that you don't chop your targets in two with that 'entrenching shovel', many years of experience with that tool I'd imagine!
March 14, 2016 11:56PM
Good looking pine woods! Awesome video.
March 15, 2016 02:11AM
Yuba it has SAT just not iSAT..

The DI2 mode on FR is SAME as BOOST on the FG+..And that was a MUST HAVE feature ...

Ill go out on a limb here and say unless you need iSAT The FR is an actual Do more machine.

The FR has its own Feel and features now compared to the FG+..

Its a true stand alone unit..

If you run Disc only for Prospecting and couple that with the ability to Now Change the tone break The FR will be better in disc mode for nuggets..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
March 15, 2016 02:18AM
No don't chop stuff in to LOL...I usually dig in front of the target may not seem like it but I'm very careful..

Plus I've dug with one for over a quarter of a century LOL..

To this day nothing in my soil works better than a E-Tool..

You can't stick a shovel in my soil easily..I have to chop ....And hand trowels are worthless..

I've determined that tool as the quickest and most efficient way to work my soil...

Ask Wayne he came down last year with a shovel...He found out quick he had the wrong tool..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
March 15, 2016 02:22AM
Swift is noticeably faster yet For iron site work the DI2 is I've found about all I need..the Swift mode I like for Entrenching and picking every little piece of iron out of a hole spill with small coil coupled..

the 3rd tone with variable tone break will be your best bet in pulltabs..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
March 15, 2016 02:43AM
March 15, 2016 02:58AM
I've tried that type digging tool...Blade to narrow..Heavy...Dangerous Pick on back..

Plus better cut the pick off off ..Or risk sticking it in your forehead..Or removing an eye...

Thanks for the Pic ..But Seriously you will never find a Better hard dirt digger than a WW2 etool..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
March 15, 2016 03:08AM
Keith is this a better machine for just relic hunting then the Deus? how is the Nokta in heavy iron.. I have a Deus and have just not found the stuff i thought i would.
Thanks for your help
March 15, 2016 03:20AM
Keith
Would this compliment a deus? Outperform about the same ? I want another machine and this one is intriguing. I live in West Tn medium hot soil and want a machine that is good in open fields where houses used to be and mainly a relic machine
March 15, 2016 03:22AM
It world class in heavy Iron Potomac/Bflo

As good as it can get..Its built to unlock iron

Is better than a DEUS Or GMP??

Well it has better coil selection...So in certain times it will find things the DEUS or GMP wont or cant.because of coil selection..

Its World Class relic unit in every sense..You will get out of it how much you puit into it and work wiht it and learn it and use it as a Tool..

It sees very well in Iron...Very easily I might add..

Sure I can find stuff with the DEUS that the FR wont see and also vice a versa...But Ill Promise you its a Relic Killer in iron..I also see it has a slight edge on non round targets over the DEUS in dense iron..

It's a True relic hunter, Work with it learn it and appreciate it if you choose to try one..Become comfortable with it..It's not hard to do..Not a lot of tweaking needed to get exceptional results..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2016 03:23AM by Keith Southern.
March 15, 2016 03:34AM
Thanks for the reply keith. I was at an army surplus store a couple of weeks ago and I saw a ww 11 style shovel and thought I'd try it. Very inexpensive foreign knock off. Do yourselves a favor and don't buy one. First dig in the yard with very wet conditions and the blade lock broke when I tried to pull a shallow plug. Oh well I need to find another one like you use, I've had them before and they are nice. I might still have my old one come to think of it. Need to search the attic it was before my 10 year kid break and I might still have it. Funny thing digging tools are almost as addictive as detectors.