Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The New Rutus Alter 71 is sounding great !!

Posted by Ziggy 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
The New Rutus Alter 71 is sounding great !!
November 16, 2016 03:51PM
The New Rutus Alter 71

I was a huge fan of the original Rutus Jupiter and loved the audio and target ID precision also the its separation ability.

So basically I liked it a lot and really looking forward to trying this as I'm sure it will have more magic than the original Jupiter did.

I will be out with this machine through tests very shortly after it turns up to give my thoughts on it and also it's outperforming the Deus I hear in tests so far !!

Website here to show some pictures
[www.rutus.com.pl]

Some Information here on the Alter 71 I've gathered below.

At the turn of October and November will release a new detector. The name "Alter 71" - from the Latin "other" and the number 71 represents the number of available frequencies.
Alter 71 is probably the world's first metal detector continuously tunable as a function of frequency. The detector is tunable from 4.4 kHz to 18.4 kHz increments of 0.2 kHz - without the need to replace the probe. I know of no current market detector is not possible. The detector is equipped with a radio transmitter digital data allowing such cooperation. With handsets or "wireless headphone jack." Digital transmission has been specially designed for this purpose - does not introduce any delays. 6 hours of battery life "toes" depends on the frequency and ranges from 20 to 50 hours. The detector has the ability to work in a static mode, dynamic or so. mix - the dynamics of the "mixa" can go smoothly depending on the needs.
Graphic display, ID - 120 points, discrimination classical and selective, chart depending on the phase of the signal, automatically tuning to the ground speed control filters ground in a very wide range, the possibility of programming your own sounds, ranges, speed, separation and many other features make the it is a detector at the world level.
The detector has a completely new mechanical design and is lighter than our existing detectors over 200 g.
For the detector probe will be available both DD and concentric.

Regulatory elements:
Discrimination
tenderness
Dyskrymincja selective 120 points
Operating frequency of 4.4 kHz to 18.4 kHz jump 0.2
magnetic stones
Response filters (groundwater) - 8 speeds to choose from
Masking 7 levels
The signal level leading
Ton leading signal
Sensitivity leading signal - regulation allowing for a smooth transition from pure dynamic work to "mix-a"
Strengthening Audio - regulation allows to change the sound characteristics of a dynamic channel and switch it off completely (we obtain in this way the work of a purely static)
Volume
Tony - three sound profiles to search for coins, three to "relics, and three freely programmable by the user
Wireless nature - off, Channel 1, Channel 2
Backlight - 29 adjustable levels
Type of ID - true (depending on frequency), converted to 6kHz, converted to 12 kHz
Hold time - adjustable display time information about an object on the LCD.

Detector has 7 default programs: a deep, deep, large silver, basic, coins, fast, very fast. Factory programs offer a fairly wide cross-section of the possibility of the detector in search of various objects in different conditions. Each factory program can be modified to suit your needs - and the changes are saved when the power is turned off. In case the modifications do not meet user expectations - it is possible to reset each program to factory settings.
Re: The New Rutus Alter 71 is sounding great !!
November 16, 2016 05:56PM
Wow sounds great! The frequency adjustment in precise increments is awesome, hopefully in the future we'll see a dual frequency machine with that kind of adjustment.

John
November 16, 2016 07:06PM
Looks an interesting machine.

There's no need at all to have so many frequency steps, they are just doing it because it's possible, that is to say the hardware is capable of doing it, so they offer the option in the software. The large choice would be handy to avoid clashes with other detectors, or pinpoint probes. But as regards finding targets, 5 frequencies in that range would be more than adequate.

I see they've wisely offered the option of Target ID normalisation - the XP Deus came in for some criticism originally for that reason.

The battery life seems to have suffered during translation from Polski. 6 hours or 20-50 hrs? I suspect the latter, maybe 6 hrs is for the headphones?
November 16, 2016 07:10PM
Battery life was a killer on the Jupiter..... But words coming in its vastly improved but time will tell.
November 16, 2016 08:08PM
Here's the nail board test
[www.youtube.com]
November 16, 2016 08:40PM
Finally. Adjustable frequency with True VDI. I'll have to have one of these. I will have one of these.
Now just to translate the manual into English. smileys with beer

HH
Mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2016 09:24PM by Mike Hillis.
November 16, 2016 09:23PM
Pimento Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looks an interesting machine.
>
> There's no need at all to have so many frequency
> steps, they are just doing it because it's
> possible, that is to say the hardware is capable
> of doing it, so they offer the option in the
> software. The large choice would be handy to avoid
> clashes with other detectors, or pinpoint probes.
> But as regards finding targets, 5 frequencies in
> that range would be more than adequate.
>
> I see they've wisely offered the option of Target
> ID normalisation - the XP Deus came in for some
> criticism originally for that reason.
>
> The battery life seems to have suffered during
> translation from Polski. 6 hours or 20-50 hrs? I
> suspect the latter, maybe 6 hrs is for the
> headphones?

In addition to hunting around other detectors, fine tuning should allow for EMI suppression as well. Loved that feature on the Fisher 1236-X2.

Tom

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
November 16, 2016 10:12PM
How much are these going to cost in US dollars?

HH
Mike
November 16, 2016 10:26PM
Mike Hillis Wrote:
> How much are these going to cost in US dollars?
>
>
> HH
> Mike

Just going by their website.... 3000.00 is equating to $725, just googled a conversion..... A complete shot in the dark and after taxes and custom charges it may be more, but I'm sure someone could find out by putting in a email to Rutus.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2016 10:27PM by Ziggy.
November 16, 2016 10:51PM
Keep the addiction going there Ziggy, this forum has a lot of enablers that will make you broke.........LOL
November 17, 2016 07:21AM
Hombre Wrote:
> Keep the addiction going there Ziggy, this forum
> has a lot of enablers that will make you
> broke.........LOL

Ha ha.... I truly know the feeling :0)
November 17, 2016 08:20AM
The new Rutus does appear to have some nice features in all the specification blurb,the original models that they produced worked pretty well and yes although i never own one i did have access and use them,but they never really became a popular machine and it was very rare that you would see anyone using them,so then one has too ask ourselves why ?? and that i am afraid i dont have true answer !! the battery life was not the best but if the detectors performed exceptionally good then folks would learn to accept this problem but that still was not the case.

The detectors are well built and do perform well but nothing what i would call outstanding that folks would go out and buy them by the lorry load as soon as they hit the sales outlets,of course the latest model may have that magic 'wow' factor and it becomes a international best seller,of course i hope it does.Then a few reviewers will get hold of them as selected folks and then the 'machine' will become the next must have machine,of course as we are all aware that a reviewer either on video or in any other review format like magazines etc will 'never ever' give a bad review.The terminology may not be the most glowing but they will never mention it is total rubbish.

It will be interesting too see how Rutus as a detecting company have moved on rather than gridlocked in the lackluster previous models they produced,hope this is a turn around model for them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2016 09:19AM by Junk and Disorderly.
November 17, 2016 09:18AM
Junk and Disorderly Wrote:
> The new Rutus does appear to have some nice
> features in all the specification blurb,the
> original models that they produced worked pretty
> well and yes although i never own one i did have
> access and use them,but they never really became a
> popular machine and it was very rare that you
> would see anyone using them,so then one has too
> ask ourself why ?? and that i am afraid i dont
> have true answer !! the battery life was not the
> best but if the detectors performed exceptionally
> good then folks would learn to life with this
> problem but that still was not the case.
>
> The detectors are well built and do perform well
> but nothing what i would call outstanding that
> folks would go out and buy them by the lorry load
> as soon as they hit the sales outlets,of course
> the latest model may have that magic 'wow' factor
> and it becomes a international best seller,of
> course i hope it does.Then a few reviewers will
> get hold of them as selected folks and then the
> 'machine' will become the next must have
> machine,of course as we are all aware that a
> reviewer either on video or in any other review
> format like magazines etc will 'never ever' give a
> bad review.The terminology may not be the most
> glowing but they will never mention it is total
> rubbish.
>
> It will be interesting too see how Rutus as a
> detecting company have moved on rather than
> gridlocked in the lackluster previous models they
> produced,hope this is a turn around model for
> them.

I totally agree....... We've all heard the hype on many machines now and all been let down on some, I feel this is why people like me and Keith and others make videos to show people how these machines perform and act in certain areas.
I personally like to show all live digs so people see the depths dug and hear the audio on the target before digging it out so there is no misleading or cut scenes to a pre dig hole then someone seeing me putting my hand in deep and pulling out a small hammered coin at 15 inches and going... WOW
I'm always sceptical of people that do cut scenes when they are digging so this is why I always do everything live.

I also started up the test series videos so people can see how these machines are performing in controlled tests as such and on highly mineralised material.
I've always preferd to watch a video of someone using a machine than reading what a detecting magazine says about a machine and showing a handful of treasure found with it but we will never know if it was the truth.

With regards to the original Rutus I've heard a few reasons why it didn't take off and one over here in the UK was some hidden agendas by a certain forum that bashed it in favour of a anticipated release of another detector that was ready for launch near the same time.

Also other skullduggery acts against the Jupiter at the time.

I think now many detectorist are way more savvy and don't jump in and just purchase the next hyped machine, think them days have gone, I've always said never take one mans word on a machine and gather many thoughts and watch many videos and articles on a machine of choice then make a balanced choice if that machine will be ideal for you.

When splashing out ££$$$'s on a machine because someone has jumped to soon or not done their homework will only lead to disappointment.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2016 09:23AM by Ziggy.
November 17, 2016 09:25AM
@Ziggy,yes one is aware about the whole forum scenario and other behind the scenes reason why it basically killed the Rutus name from the UK market,of course they will have taken this all into account and with the new model being launched all the previous bad publicity for a better word is behind them.Will look forward to reading about the new machine and as mentioned above i think they may be onto a winner with this model.
November 17, 2016 09:43AM
> The new Rutus does appear to have some nice
> features in all the specification blurb,the
> original models that they produced worked pretty
> well and yes although i never own one i did have
> access and use them,but they never really became a
> popular machine and it was very rare that you
> would see anyone using them,so then one has too
> ask ourselves why ?? and that i am afraid i dont
> have true answer !! the battery life was not the
> best but if the detectors performed exceptionally
> good then folks would learn to accept this problem
> but that still was not the case.
>
> The detectors are well built and do perform well
> but nothing what i would call outstanding that
> folks would go out and buy them by the lorry load
> as soon as they hit the sales outlets,of course
> the latest model may have that magic 'wow' factor
> and it becomes a international best seller,of
> course i hope it does.Then a few reviewers will
> get hold of them as selected folks and then the
> 'machine' will become the next must have
> machine,of course as we are all aware that a
> reviewer either on video or in any other review
> format like magazines etc will 'never ever' give a
> bad review.The terminology may not be the most
> glowing but they will never mention it is total
> rubbish.
>
> It will be interesting too see how Rutus as a
> detecting company have moved on rather than
> gridlocked in the lackluster previous models they
> produced,hope this is a turn around model for
> them.

Junk, i agree that most if not all testers are reluctant to give a poor review, partly because they may fear of not being asked to review again by another manufacturer and lose their 'alpha tester status', or in the case of a magazine they may not get the free detector to give away as a prize etc , also it could be seen by some as commercial suicide for manufacturers to send a unit to such a tester, so we only get the good PR

I like Ziggys reviews, if he could expand on his current standard set of fixed tests it would give folks a better guide, just let us see the results then we could compare detector videos side by side.
There is a few however on his tests that i thought failed the mineral test, but that was my perspective, others may see it different so Ziggy wouldn't need to offer a fail or pass which would keep him in the clear with users and manufacturers.
November 17, 2016 10:53AM
IMHO, the Nail Board test it is rather heavy it is passed, in the field these signals can be ignored.
Detector depth too questionable.
There are still moments on its operation, apparently the detector still "crude", but with a potential ...
November 17, 2016 02:19PM
As a UK tester I can assure you that every machine I've put on camera has been decent for the price, and performs well.... I've sent back three units now due to after taking them out I didn't want to go through and miss lead people saying these machine was good and so on
When I felt otherwise.

These machines have been returned to the company and told the reason why I'm not going to do media on the product, be it performance in general or price compared to performance.
I also will not rant about that machine on Facebook or any media outlet due to respect of a company sending me the machine in the first place.

Also what's another mans crap is another mans gold so why should I bash the crap out of a machine to find out it does amazing for someone else one the planet on there ground.

There is lots of info on many detectors on many sites be it in a foreign language if people care to copy and paste and translate for themselves, some places in Europe have diabolical land and some of the best detectorist/Testers around are splattered all over the globe not just in the language we know.

When I go out off cam it's normally with a well established machine beside me and put whatever I'm testing over each target and build up a result of where the machines attribute lay against an already top established machine.

I'm also not bothered about what I pull up on camera as many may see in the videos but as a tester performance is Key not the finds that come up.

To be honest it can be brain numbing at times digging crap all day as many detectorist.
many wouldn't go for some of the targets testers do but that's the name of the game and for me to dig solid good signals when I'm out physically testing a machine would be pointless to a degree.

Some of my permissions I know will produce a coin once in every 5-6 visits after digging 25-40 targets a time, moving one machine away booting up another and comparing signals ain't everyone's cup of tea and takes time, not a hardship and I see it as a privilege most of the time and fortunate to be doing what I love.

To be honest I've had a good few times I've thought sod this and feel like just going out on some nice sites and hoping for some good finds to come up and just crack on with the hobby and forget the media side of it.
That still maybe the case at some point in the future but right now I enjoy what Im doing and like to try and help others with advice and settings and so on.

What I'm looking forward to most is going out and looking for that wow factor in a machine especially when it's in development stage knowing it's going to change the game and leave all current machines in its wake.... Will it happen ? of course it's just time and technology restrictions at the moment stopping it from happening.

Media side I'm not a great talker but just love showing what a machine can do in (my ground) and in the tests I do at home without fudging the outcome or misleading folks.

Some people really over complicate detecting and look way into signal recognition way too much.
If you want a machine to perform at a 100% level then keep it on all metal and strip the ground bare.

Many machines sound off deep targets as iron as Manet of you know and I say even if you have a smidge of high tone in there with disc on the only true way to find out is dig it, this is why on my videos I tend to play it safe and keep to mostly good signals then that's what the average joe or beginner in the hobby can expect to get from the machine I'm on came with at the time.

Or I could dig every iffy target on the planet and still get good results but how the hell is that going to help a newcomer or less advanced detectorist out... Scratching their head I would say, would be a case of what should I dig and what shouldn't I.

If people don't like my videos or any media of mine they are always welcome to fault find or voice their opinion that's why I leave the comment section open and the like or dislike option there also.... I'm a big lad and can take a slagging off from anyone and welcome input that can lead us all in a better direction.
I still make mistakes and for sure as dog crap stinks there are better detectorist than I without a doubt that do and could do a better job given half the chance.

People have a right to be sceptical of testers that do anything for any company be it a detector or any product, I know I am sceptical for sure and some machine videos I've seen are laughable, you can see when something ain't right and when something has been setup, sometimes damn blatant to see there errors or skullduggery instantly.
Cut scenes back and forth from the point of digging a hole to the finding of the object is the number one suspect I feel, in those scenes anything could be placed.

By the way on the test series videos that I've been so far the second round coming up you will start to see some fails for top machines..... But you have to look at these and any videos as just guides and not gospel, so many scenarios that can affect a machines performance its unreal, take all media with a pinch of salt and watch many others then make your choice on a machine... As said going by one testers thoughts can either lead to disappointment or the loss in what could be a cracking machine for you so please do your homework before splashing out on a new detector, will save you a lot of cash also.

Now that's out the way let's talk about the Rutus Alter 71.

Looks nice and heard good words but time will tell and I will update my thoughts and feeling on it here.
November 17, 2016 02:50PM
I am not a big fan of the adjustable frequencies on Detectors because I feel they perform better on one frequency compared to the others. The Deus performs better on 18 kHz. So I just feel that I am paying for a substandard feature. Please put the frequency adjuster through some testing. Maybe someone finally got it right.
November 17, 2016 08:25PM
The manual translates to English well enough to tell whats going on. however some of the words have no translation in the document translater I used and the icture comments have to be individually translated. Some of the formating does not hold up to translation, so it takes some copy and pasteing from orignal to translation to keep it fully together.

From just reading the manual, this is going to be a decent detector but it will require some time to learn the adjustments.

One of the features I've always wanted was the ability to select the frequency and get the true phase response.

The time graph is pretty cool, too.

I'm stoked and will watch this one close.

HH
Mike
November 18, 2016 07:37AM
For all UK and Ireland members I just got an email from RUTUS that DETECTNIKS will be the agent in the UK for the Alter 71.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2016 07:39AM by james1969.
November 18, 2016 07:43AM
james1969 Wrote:
> For all UK and Ireland members I just got an email
> from RUTUS that DETECTNIKS will be the agent in
> the UK for the Alter 71.

They always have been the main dealer in the UK since the machines 1st entered the UK market,i think Nick who owns the company may still have one of the original test machines and i the Gary also has the other machine.
November 18, 2016 08:11AM
> james1969 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > For all UK and Ireland members I just got an
> email
> > from RUTUS that DETECTNIKS will be the agent in
> > the UK for the Alter 71.
>
>
> They always have been the main dealer in the UK
> since the machines 1st entered the UK market,i
> think Nick who owns the company may still have one
> of the original test machines and i the Gary also
> has the other machine.

Gary's was the machine I used for testing a few years back, he no longer has that and raffled it off.... Was a very good unit.
November 18, 2016 08:19AM
@Ziggy ,ah,the famous book club machine,if i recall it was sold on a while after by the book club winner,if only they had used 8 batteries instead of 6 to prolong the battery life it would have made alot more sense.
November 18, 2016 09:52AM
> @Ziggy ,ah,the famous book club machine,if i
> recall it was sold on a while after by the book
> club winner,if only they had used 8 batteries
> instead of 6 to prolong the battery life it would
> have made alot more sense.

If I recall the winner slapped down about 10-15 tickets worth, as you said he sold that on right after for a profit, I should of got that off Gary when I had the chance..... Really was a cracking machine with great ID, when setup right depth was good to but separation was its asset.
November 20, 2016 04:27AM
Good info Ziggy and James on the Video!

Does pass the down the barrell test...so that's better than the DEUS with 9 inch..

About as good as my Treasure Cove LOL..grinning smiley

But in all seriousness looks like a capable unit..

Wonder if that's a DD or Concentric in the Video??

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
November 20, 2016 04:42PM
ID was useless according to that video the numbers are all over the place.
November 20, 2016 06:29PM
Keith Southern Wrote:

> Wonder if that's a DD or Concentric in the
> Video??

That's the 9 inch concentric Keith, the stock coil is an 11 inch DD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2016 06:30PM by james1969.
November 20, 2016 06:34PM
Ahh makes more sense...the Concentrics can cope with the Barrel test better than a DD when using larger coils....

The Tejon will blaze right through that test with 8x9 C..

Thanks James

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2016 02:36AM by Keith Southern.
November 20, 2016 07:39PM
This is the nail test with the 11 inch DD

[www.youtube.com]
November 20, 2016 09:29PM
Rutys It has poor coverage. No manual tuning ground. Rutus steals patents xlt whites