Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I'm looking for a needle in a haystack..... in the form of a Sunray FZ-12 coil

Posted by Dan(NM) 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I'm looking for a needle in a haystack..... in the form of a Sunray FZ-12 coil
February 21, 2017 01:53AM
If you have one not being used, give me a call. Thanks.

Dan
575-921-6511
Re: I'm looking for a needle in a haystack..... in the form of a Sunray FZ-12 coil
February 21, 2017 02:02AM
(((Stick with the 10.5" Fisher CZ coil.)))
Re: I'm looking for a needle in a haystack..... in the form of a Sunray FZ-12 coil
February 21, 2017 02:05AM
I take it your speaking from experience Tom? I'm afraid if I did find one, I'd pay more for it that my CZ is worth.

NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> (((Stick with the 10.5" Fisher CZ coil.)))
February 21, 2017 02:56AM
I had a few of them...... and each one was somewhat impedance-mismatched....... causing ID's to be a little inaccurate. Also....... I positively verified (in Florida dirt) that the 10.5" factory CZ coil was indeed slightly deeper.
February 21, 2017 03:22AM
Thanks for the heads up Tom, you just saved me some money and frustration!!
February 23, 2017 03:56PM
When they first came out used one on beach ..great depth and coverage.....let it go when I no longer traveled for 100 bucks.....Unfortunately not worth the goughed prices for used ones.....Imagine individual coils vary but went several inches deeper than Fishers 10.5.....in my areas.....
February 23, 2017 05:06PM
I have both the Fisher 10.5" and the Sunray FZ-12 for my CZ70 Pro. I know Tom likes the factory large coil and I do to, great coil for coins on edge.

For me the 12.5" Sunray coil turned out to be a great deep turf silver coil, found some nice deep coins using that coil, and on my machine it was deeper then the 10.5" Fisher coil. I also found it to exhibit similar performance at the beach on my CZ70 Pro.
February 23, 2017 11:12PM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have both the Fisher 10.5" and the Sunray FZ-12
> for my CZ70 Pro. I know Tom likes the factory lar
> ge coil and I do to, great coil for coins on edge.
>
> For me the 12.5" Sunray coil turned out to be a gr
> eat deep turf silver coil, found some nice deep co
> ins using that coil, and on my machine it was deep
> er then the 10.5" Fisher coil. I also found it to
> exhibit similar performance at the beach on my CZ7
> 0 Pro.

On my Tom tuned 1021 CZ-3D my FZ-12 is well over 1" deeper than my 10 1/2" Fisher coil.
February 24, 2017 02:32AM
I had the SunRay coil for my 3D and found it didn't make any noticeable difference in depth.
The best thing about the FZ-12 coil for me was the $300 I got when I sold it!

Aaron