Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fisher Dealer - F75 LTD Price Drop to $799 - 2 coils

Posted by newguy 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fisher Dealer - F75 LTD Price Drop to $799 - 2 coils
February 22, 2017 09:49PM
Kellyco lowered price on F75 LTD to $799. Includes 5" DD & 11" DD Coils

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2017 09:55PM by newguy.
Re: Fisher Dealer - F75 LTD Price Drop to $799 - 2 coils
February 23, 2017 02:35AM
Out with the old, in with the new? All the recent price changes sure makes one wonder.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
February 23, 2017 02:52AM
When will the new replacement be released ?
February 23, 2017 02:58AM
Replacement or Detector Wars??

Excellent price..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
February 23, 2017 03:05AM
$1000 seems to be the new ceiling for a top of the line machine.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
February 23, 2017 03:37AM
lytle78 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> $1000 seems to be the new ceiling for a top of the
> line machine.

Except for Minelab and Whites......
February 23, 2017 11:27AM
Actually a smart move on FTP's part. Development costs were likely re-cooped years ago on these models and at the lower price they are moving more product while still making money. Only down side is the lower dealer margins.

Support your favorite dealer!

Tom

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
February 23, 2017 12:21PM
Jimmie Wrote:
> When will the new replacement be released ?

allow at least a couple of years (think 'glacial') to get rid of all the old stock out there first, lmao....
February 23, 2017 11:26PM
My timing on new machines is impeccable. angry smiley
February 24, 2017 01:20AM
As far as ML and Whites selling machines well above the $1000 mark, i suspect that those models aren't selling as well as they were a couple of years ago.

I fully expect ML however to revise their multifreak platform and price it above $2000 - it's classic Minelab to do so.

Rick Kempf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2017 01:21AM by lytle78.
February 24, 2017 01:41AM
lytle78 Wrote:
> As far as ML and Whites selling machines well abov
> e the $1000 mark, i suspect that those models aren
> 't selling as well as they were a couple of years
> ago.
>
> I fully expect ML however to revise their multifre
> ak platform and price it above $2000 - it's classi
> c Minelab to do so.

LOL "Multifreak"..you just made me spit out my drink.
February 24, 2017 01:51AM
t2 se $ 699
February 24, 2017 12:30PM
Surely FT must be due to launch something new asides from a software upgrade -

How long have the F75 & T2 been out for?

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
February 24, 2017 01:14PM
T2 = 2007
F75 = 2009
February 24, 2017 02:26PM
Almost Irresistable price. I love my Sorex Pro, but we're really blessed right now with well priced peak performing detectors. Never owned an F75 or T2 so tempting.
February 24, 2017 02:38PM
I may be wrong for thinking this but I have to say since the release of the F75/T2 all of the other detector companies have been playing catch up to First Texas Products. Now that they have caught up to them Fisher/Teknetics is going to release a new product that will probably send the other detector manufacturers into a frenzy playing catch up once again. Kudos to First Texas on building some of the best metal detectors in the business.
February 24, 2017 03:13PM
FT had their new platform goals leaked about 18 months ago. Both platforms described were "multifreakers" - "singlefreakers" are pretty much a dead end - refinements will continue and the resulting machines may offer new features and we may like them better than what is available today - but real change means new ways to put signal in the ground, not just how to process the return signals.

When will we see First Texas' new platforms? I sure don't know.

Rick Kempf
February 24, 2017 03:25PM
I hope they are planning new releases that still support small dealers. I know some of you have been asking for better pricing and eliminating the middle man. The most recent moves on Teknetics and now Fisher MAP are definitely signaling eliminating dealers/distributors. So those that have asked will be happy. Definitely supports factory direct or big box store only sales. When they do these cuts dealers and distributors with inventory purchased at old price are forced to take a loss. No warning, just dumped on them and have to eat it. sad smiley Trump economics. lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2017 03:26PM by detectingMO.
February 24, 2017 03:55PM
Blooming like one big game of chess spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
February 24, 2017 04:09PM
Looks like FTP is in the process of re-positioning their product portfolio.
How would you manage this product porfolio?

Is FTP making room for a new line of Fisher/Tek flagship detectors?

Fisher

F75 LTD - $799
F75 - $599
F44 - $399 MAP $349
F22 - $299 MAP $229
F11 - $199 MAP $159

F19 - $899 MAP $799
F70 - $799 MAP $649
GBP- $699 MAP $649
GB - $549 MAP $499
F5 - $549 MAP $499
F4 - $449 MAP $399

Teknetics

T2 SE - $699
T2 Classic - $499
Patriot - $449 (like F70 ?)
Liberator - $349 (like LRP ?)
Minuteman - $249 (like ETP ?)
Digitek - $199 MAP $179

G2+ - $849
8500 - $599
Gamma - $499
Delta - $279
Alpha - $199
ETP - $219
ET - $159

Not sure where this leaves pricing on 'older' designs in the second grouping (more price drops to come?) and/or how many of the original Greek series they will keep making.
There is a huge amount of product overlap.
It seems the marketing strategy for the price reduced machines and all Teks is no difference between MSRP and MAP.

Other coil packages, legacy specialty detectors, and the entire Bounty Hunter line not shown. The number of models within BH brand is large. Will the newer Greek based models finally retire some of the legacy BHs?
February 24, 2017 04:10PM
Dealers have it tough.

If you have an actual store (even if it's in your back bedroom) you have stock on hand and therefore the risks you talked about of being stuck with unsold and potentially discontinued or discounted items.

Even if you are online only, unless you have direct ship from the factory or distributor, you still have the "stock in trade" issue.

You compete with online sellers with vast market reach.

Your one advantage is the Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) system. Nobody, including Amazon can advertise below that. The dealer can't either, but he is free to actually sell at any price he wants (just not advertise it). The mass marketer won't negotiate and so there is a difference you can exploit if you are able to accept a reduced margin.

Manufacturers used to have to put their product in stores. There was simply no other way to sell things – at least for most products. Now however you can sell directly to your customers in some cases. The problem with doing that is getting your product known to the marketplace you are targeting. Now with Facebook YouTube, even forms like this – I manufacture can reach directly and personally to end-user customers.

There are however some problems involved in this – knocked up/macro is well aware of this – they have an extremely diligent and active sales manager – whe however some problems involved in this – Nokta/macro is well aware of this – they have an extremely diligent and active sales manager – who engages directly with customers. If you want to buy something however you need to find one of the relatively small number of dealers they have.

My own personal opinion is that the "brick and mortar "detector shop is pretty much a thing of the past. In the western US prospecting shops may very well have a future because they can't sell a wide range of equipment not just metal detectors. For metal detector sales per se - they were real advantages to the customer to be able to interact with a knowledgeable and caring dealer. I'm pretty sure manufacturers are aware of the value provided – the question will be how will they simplify and reduce the cost of distribution of the product while engaging and profiting from the knowledge, expertise and dedication of folks like detectingMO.

Hopefully new models of "consultative direct sales" will emerge. Arraignments whereby manufacturers can have "the best of both worlds" by engaging and compensating people like yourself.

Rick Kempf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2017 04:17PM by lytle78.
February 24, 2017 04:25PM
gravityrules Wrote:
> Looks like FTP is in the process of re-positioning
> their product portfolio.

Some MAP's you have listed were already adjusted couple weeks ago and last year.

F19 - MAP $699 10"dd or 11" dd
CZ21 - MAP $1299

G2+ - MAP $699
8500 - MAP $399
Gamma - MAP $299
Delta - MAP $199
Alpha - MAP $169

Note, dealers won't be selling at the new Teknetics MAP prices. These prices are so low a dealer can't even drop ship to you without a loss before even factoring business expenses. So expect those prices only at walmart/amazon/etc with huge bulk buys similar to bounty hunter products.
February 24, 2017 04:34PM
lytle78 Wrote:

> Your one advantage is the Minimum Advertised Price
> (MAP) system. Nobody, including Amazon can advert
> ise below that. The dealer can't either, but he i
> s free to actually sell at any price he wants (jus
> t not advertise it). The mass marketer won't nego
> tiate and so there is a difference you can exploit
> if you are able to accept a reduced margin.

This is no longer an advantage or an option for Greek detectors. New MAP on Greek line does not have enough mark up to cover shipping and payment fees. Even drop shipping from factory or distributor direct.

I lost one distributor with the F75 regular reduction last year when they got burned on price reduction and about to lose another distributor on the F75 LTD reductions. They simply just won't distribute any more without special order because they have been burned for many thousands of dollars with no warning. sad smiley

It's a slippery slope. At some point, the only option will be mass marketing direct sales. Dealers won't be supplying as many models, using as many, recommending as many. This probably is only important to their high end sales so hopefully those stay the way they are with margins. I can understand the low end models becoming amazon specials. Dealers don't get a lot of those sales now anyway.
February 24, 2017 04:42PM
what's funny is brand new First Texas products at the dealer price, Are selling Higher or same price (Used) on Ebay, and the Ebayer's are buying them ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2017 04:48PM by Rob in (ca).
February 24, 2017 05:46PM
detectingMO, great insight, thanks for the corrections.

I am sorry FTP is making it difficult, if not impossible, for dealers to make a profit.
Is there a consignment model for dealers taking delivery of stock? Are dealers with inventory purchased when MSRP/MAP was higher getting 'stuck' by these price reductions or is FTP making accomodations?

It seems as some price point detectors are being treated as a commodity, it's just another box than any entity can sell.
I'm not sure a commodity model is in the long term interest of the manufacturers, customers, or the hobby ... but isn't that the strategy that the BH brand pursues?

I'm still wondering how all this product overlap makes sense too.
February 24, 2017 06:48PM
The low to medium market is flooded with new and used detectors - the damned things never break (except for some fancy new ones made in upside-down places and sold at high prices) - but I digress!

There is very little margin for anyone in the under $500 detector world these days, especially since it's rapidly becoming the - under $300 detector world. Small business making thousands of units - max - can't make a buck in a world where tens of millions of units are the rule in consumer electronics.

At "our" end of the market however - enthusiasts who choose carefully and spend more - there is still room for top-end units of superior performance - sold at a premium price.

So - detector makers - bring them on! Not just new packaging and new programs, to give different feedback of the same old signals - NEW PLATFORMS - with new technology.

Not ground penetrating radar, molecular frequency discrimination, ultrasonic harmonics - just new ways to put RF energy into the ground and then - living with all the tough physics of the inevitable low signal-to-noise ratio - do amazing stuff to analyize the varying returns - in new ways - and cause the necessary "change of state in the observer" - that is to say - tell us what's under the coil.

Do that, sell the machines through new channels of "consultative" marketing - and the users will be happy - and some enthusiastic "dealers" can make a buck.

Rick Kempf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2017 06:52PM by lytle78.
February 24, 2017 07:35PM
"Not ground penetrating radar, molecular frequency discrimination, ultrasonic harmonics ...."

Ouch that stung lol
February 24, 2017 07:38PM
That leaves the Teknetics line looking like this for MAP:

T2 SE - $699
G2+ - $699
T2 Classic - $499
Patriot - $449 (like F70 ?)
8500 - $399
Liberator - $349 (like LRP ?)
Gamma - $299
Minuteman - $249 (like ETP ?)
ETP - $219
Delta - $199
Digitek - $179
Alpha - $169
ET - $159
February 24, 2017 08:45PM
88Morgan........ Very perceptive!
February 25, 2017 03:23AM
N/T wrong thread LOL

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2017 03:25AM by Keith Southern.