Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

RUTUS ALTER 71 THREAD

Posted by possum mo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: RUTUS ALTER 71 THREAD
April 17, 2017 11:31AM
Tom, i sold my GM5+ because it was giving me problems, had to send it back with a software issue, then the headphones started to fail and had to retun them also, even though it was only weeks old and GM admitted there was a software problem, i still had to cover return costs which were quite high.
The Rutus has been 100% so far, it's got some nice features and it can be set to go faster or deeper than the GM5, though the GM does hit harder and alert you better to a target.

Jackpine Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Very nice report. If I were in the market for ano
> ther detector this would be on the short list alon
> g with the GM5+ lite.
>
> Tom
April 17, 2017 11:43AM
Hey thanks ghoud. That is good info to know. Might be best to wait a bit on that one then.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
April 17, 2017 12:23PM
Yes, the GM was given a software update for emi mitigation after the first batch were sold, they said they wouldn't update the first customers machines, Rutus on the other hand have also an update which is free to all users.
April 17, 2017 12:27PM
So it's user upgradable? I think I missed that in the manual.
April 17, 2017 12:42PM
No mate, i think Rutus dealers will be able to update them, i also believe there not anticipating any more updates.
April 17, 2017 01:25PM
Update dealer only.
April 17, 2017 06:09PM
Hey guys sorry I'm haven't been around in a while been busy,
Wanted to offer my alter 71 to anyone here who wants one got both coils original box and all the covers can't post pics right now it's pouring rain here so I can't take any.

I'm going to post a separate thread just wanted to let you guys know as I technically co founded this thread.
April 18, 2017 12:50AM
Does anyone know the approximate cost to get a Rutus from the USA serviced, either in Poland or from Detecnicks in GB?
I assume that would include shipping charges both ways? I am seriously considering it, and trying to evaluate the "risk factor"
to my wallet. Any recommendation on whether to buy in England or Poland as far as the quality of support?
April 18, 2017 01:09AM
I asked Laura at Detecnics that question earlier today. I also asked what's been addressed in the new software update.

I'll let you know when I hear back from her.
April 18, 2017 01:53AM
Mikey, I bought mine from detectnics in the UK, via ebay. The people were very friendly, and no language barrier. Shipping was around $29. I have bought directly from Russia in the past, and dealing with the language barrier is a real pain.
April 19, 2017 01:46AM
Received a message from Laura at Detecnicks regarding returning a Rutus 71 for repair or software upgrade. She said the box with the two coils weighs just over 9 pounds
( 4.1 kg) and measures 23 inches x 13.5 x 7.5 inches ( 19 x 34 x 58cms). Shipping from GB to the US for this package typically $30-$35. They only do minor repairs and everything else goes back to Poland. I have not heard if there is English speaking staff at Rutus, or if shipping is secure to Poland. So, I guess you can figure about $75 bucks to upgrade software to version 2. If I can get one with the two coils and updated software, I am leaning toward trying one out.
April 19, 2017 04:01AM
Wanted to post a update on my machine, it's still avaliable but doesn't have software update as far as I know. I would trade for a VX3 since I need something I can use. I'm 6'3, and can't use the alter.
April 19, 2017 05:15AM
For update you need special tool and open the LCD housing to do it. Only producent or dealer.
April 19, 2017 08:42AM
I don't think i will be sending mine for an update, i'm happy with the machine the way it is.
April 19, 2017 09:49AM
This update is worth to send it. If you are using mixed mode VCO is important part of it.
April 19, 2017 11:57AM
[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

New software videos

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2017 11:58AM by sanjuro.
March 06, 2020 03:43AM
Any updates?
March 06, 2020 06:32AM
Yes, 2.0.
You can download and read the manual from their website....or, you can get on YT and watch the Rutus Alter 2.0 reviews.
March 12, 2020 07:11AM
I’ve been following the Rutus Alter 71 with version 2, looks impressive based from the videos. Anyone out there have one for sale, with both coils if possible.

Paul
March 12, 2020 01:54PM
but how is the accuracy of the TID at depth?

looks light too