Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Here's the new Minelab Equinox

Posted by ghound 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Here's the new Minelab Equinox
December 08, 2017 11:53PM
[www.detectorprospector.com]

[m.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2017 01:00AM by Sod-buster.
December 09, 2017 01:27AM
The EQ 800 has some depth for sure!
December 09, 2017 01:09PM
For those "prospecting capable" field-testers: When/after Mark L. of ML gives the go-ahead. Report findings of: Compare Field Mode-1 Multi-freq ...... vs ....... Prospecting Mode 20Khz & 40Khz results.
December 09, 2017 01:42PM
This info could be helpful to some folks down the road.

[www.detectorprospector.com]
December 12, 2017 06:22AM
Little Equinox story.

[www.minelab.com]
December 12, 2017 12:09PM
December 13, 2017 06:47AM
December 13, 2017 07:27AM
vfp7 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [youtu.be]

Impressive, glad the CC auto-translate works thumbs down
December 13, 2017 01:59PM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
> vfp7 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > [youtu.be]
>
>
> Impressive, glad the CC auto-translate works thumbs down

I did the same and then realized, "Wait, I can understand most of that! Hey, a silver Pfennig, I know those!" lol
It is a sign I should get one. >grinning smiley<
December 18, 2017 02:52AM
Start up guide from manufacturers site.

[www.minelab.com]

Brochure

[www.minelab.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2017 03:05AM by Sod-buster.
December 18, 2017 05:26AM
Intelligent Multi Frequency confused smiley

Hope the NOX not competing with the ATPRO? the pro seems more of an amateur and first detector to sell to buy the nox.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2017 05:30AM by guvmore.
December 18, 2017 11:06AM
Multi freq....... have they said that in multi freq the machine uses/combines those single freqs available? I asked that because they dont really show what freqs are being combined. I ASSUME its the 5.... 10 and 15. But if they didnt say it could well be combining freqs not available as single freq to get the BEST multi freq combo. I also noticed you can blue tooth 3 pairs of headphones........ cool if you have kids or people you are teaching. I assume.... again..... it will noise cancel as well as the CTX so you can hunt near other detectors? One reason i really like the CTX when hunting with a buddy with an Xcal. You put to HOT Xcals together and you have to be 1/4 mile away lol.

Dew
December 18, 2017 04:27PM
Good luck getting any straight answer from Minelab about frequencies used in multi mode. Their marketing department has been expertly confusing their customers for decades about this issue! Lol

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
December 18, 2017 04:59PM
Over on Steves forum there are some pics of small nuggets the EQ is finding at depth, In Austrailia"s bad ground. My goodness this machine looks like a killer!
December 18, 2017 04:59PM
I know Rick. It struck me.......its possible its using the same freq set up that FBS uses. Then you have to ask.......is it an off set 1.5 khz like the Sov? None the less.....its gives us something we didnt have single freq options. It surprises me they think the multi freq combo will out perform the single freqs.... .. and what does that mean? on all targets....... both depth and sensitivity wise? It seems to be saying on HIGH cond targets.......will it be second rate on the beach ... in the salt water on LOW conductiors?
December 18, 2017 05:11PM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
> Multi freq....... have they said that in multi freq the machine uses/combines those single freqs available?
> I asked that because they dont really show what freqs are being combined.
> I ASSUME its the 5.... 10 and 15. But if they didnt say it could well be combining freqs not available as single
> freq to get the BEST multi freq combo. I also noticed you can blue tooth 3 pairs of headphones.....
> ... cool if you have kids or people you are teaching. I assume.... again..... it will noise cancel
> as well as the CTX so you can hunt near other detectors? One reason i really like the CTX when hunt
> ing with a buddy with an Xcal. You put to HOT Xcals together and you have to be 1/4 mile away lol.
>
> Dew

Actually they do give this info:

How does Multi-IQ compare to BBS/FBS?
Multi-IQ uses a different group of fundamental frequencies than BBS/FBS to generate a wide-band multi-frequency transmission signal that is more sensitive to high frequency targets and slightly less sensitive to low frequency targets. Multi-IQ uses the latest high-speed processors and advanced digital filtering techniques for a much faster recovery speed than BBS/FBS technologies. Multi-IQ copes with saltwater and beach conditions almost as well as BBS/FBS, however BBS/FBS still have an advantage for finding high conductive silver coins in all conditions.

* 20 kHz and 40 kHz are not available as single operating frequencies in EQUINOX 600. The Multi-IQ frequency range shown applies to both EQUINOX 600 and 800.
December 18, 2017 09:00PM
I remember Minelab fbs ads from the early 2000's that showed a graph using all 28 frequencies at the same time. Turned out that wasn't true. Maybe their ethics have improved this time.
December 18, 2017 09:45PM
PhDtector Wrote:
> I remember Minelab fbs ads from the early 2000's t
> hat showed a graph using all 28 frequencies at the
> same time. Turned out that wasn't true. Maybe thei
> r ethics have improved this time.

Yes that was the reason bought the Minelabs because they sure the hell were not light, my sore arm proves that. I hope the Nox reviews will be honest and straight forward....not with bs like intelligent multi frequency . Like what the heck is that. hh
December 18, 2017 09:51PM
So am i reading that correctly.......the machine is using several freqs not just those listed as single freq options. Its been said the FBS use a low freq combo ...... around 3 khz... wonder if this is starting at 5khz and a less chatty and EMI friendly freq making it easier to process?
December 18, 2017 10:02PM
If it’s like FBS/BBS - it uses 2 freqs. In this case that would be 5 and 40 kHz - 8 to 1 ratio just like the Others.

I don’t know that is true, but I suspect it is. Minelab will never do much to clarify the situation - 2 feeqs is so much less exciting than 28.

We don’t actually have to do all that over again, it’s covered pretty thouroughally here - where It is plainly set out by Geotech.

[www.dankowskidetectors.com]

Rick Kempf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2017 03:29AM by lytle78.
December 21, 2017 01:41AM
Equinox finds

[www.minelab.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2017 01:44AM by Sod-buster.
December 21, 2017 03:33AM
Wonderful! It’s a metal detector - it detected metal - it correctly ID’d gold as aluminum foil ore vice-versatile.

Sorry, this kind of half-baked praise for making some wonderful finds which a Tesoro Compadre would likely have found are not why I have pre-ordered an Equinox.

Metal detector marketing, by-and-large sucks - this is no exception.

Rick Kempf
December 21, 2017 03:56AM
Hey Kempf,.................... For crying out loud. I deleted it as it was not in good taste. But really, to trash the EQ on many forums is not acceptable pal. You know that's not in good taste. Especially with your love fest w/ FT, it makes your company look bad also. nuff said.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2017 02:03PM by possum mo.
December 21, 2017 04:04AM
I am old.

I am grown up

I may in fact be an old fart.

But frankly, that piece of non data about the gold coins was silly.

Lucky guy, detecting in places where such things are found with some frequency - hits it triple lucky.

Now we should all believe that THAT detector was the cause.

Come on.

I am absolutely delighted for the guy. But seriously - what makes us think that a Deus, Garrett AT, T2, you name it, wouldn’t have found the stuff?

Possum - or whatever your name is - you know better.

Rick Kempf
December 21, 2017 06:42AM
I don't know, lytle. Ten inches on that 1 cm gold coin is pretty impressive, in my books. You may disagree, which is fine, but for me, that was impressive. Not saying there isn't another machine that could've found it, and not saying it was necessarily at the full 10" mark in the plug that he dug, but with that said, I have tested $1 U.S. gold coins on several machines, and as such, even if it was only 8" deep, 8" on that small gold piece catches my attention...

Steve

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2017 06:44AM by steveg.
December 21, 2017 01:37PM
Now that you mention it 10” is pretty good!

Rick Kempf
December 21, 2017 02:13PM
I posted the info, it was current info.
I posted here in this thread, the Equinox thread.

Figuring a person wanting info could find here.

In lieu of jumping around to all these other " seemingly" moreso conspiracy threads.

Any time a find is found, I don't think folks should right off the bat think no other detector could have done.

But at the same time some other models likely would have not done or struggled.

This post above as far as the gold, is just one link in the chain of much more data.

We will see folks after receiving Equinox units, post data, their experiences.

I would hope folks reading would take in all the info, get the better total picture, not just base a buy or not buy decision on one person's experiences or opinion.

One reason why we have more members here besides just 1 or 2.
December 21, 2017 02:13PM

How does Multi-IQ compare to BBS/FBS? Multi-IQ uses a different group of fundamental frequencies than BBS/FBS to generate a wide-band mult i-frequency transmission signal that is more sensitive to high frequency targets and slightly less sensitive to low frequency targets. Multi-IQ uses the latest high-speed processors and advanced digital filtering techniques for a much faster recovery speed than BBS/FBS technologies. BBS/FBS still have an advantage for finding high conductive silver coins in all conditions.

Has Minelab discussed new processing algorithms? Choosing different frequencies is not newsworthy. Faster processors are a given but faster processing means more susceptibility to EMI and greater analog-to-digital processing errors. Maybe that’s where Minelab has made the gains (‘advanced digital filtering techniques?’)

It’s telling that they admit that their legacy BBS units will still be the superior copper/silver coin hunting platform compared to the Equinox...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2017 02:15PM by go-rebels.
December 21, 2017 04:56PM
Sod-buster Wrote:

>
> We will see folks after receiving Equinox units, p
> ost data, their experiences.
>

I hope that includes actual comparisons to other detectors. Not " I hunted this area before and didn't finds this " or " This machines seems to be better at ... " I would like to see actual comparisons such as locating a target and scanning the same area with a different detector and seeing if it also picks up that same target. Of course, settings would have to be taken into consideration. How many different times over an area using different settings ,best setting for a situation where you may have only one chance to detect an area ect.
December 30, 2017 11:36PM
Video of Equinox in salt water.

[www.facebook.com]