Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Here's the new Minelab Equinox

Posted by ghound 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Here's the new Minelab Equinox
January 27, 2018 10:50AM
My one complaint about this machine right now is they insist on keeping those really cheap yellow headphones....... which ARENT going to be available yet. Had they used the CTX connector would have been. Also many of us own the EXPENSIVE CTX and have modified our Xcal end caps as well with the connector. Right now even companies like Gray Ghost are scrambling for that adapter.

Yes Cliff..... im still whining.
January 27, 2018 10:51AM
New competitor for Eqiniox Makro Kruzer... Minelab should little speed up.
January 28, 2018 03:32AM
Some US coin ID info.

[www.detectorprospector.com]
January 28, 2018 11:57AM
Shelton...... im not so sure about that on a salt water beach...... near or in the water. Im one of those guys not looking for crazy depth on GOLD on dry sand...... id just like to pick up some of the gold..... not coins..... that others miss WHILE being able to hunt in the salt water as effectively as a CTX. BUT the CTX...... its a real tank to lug around and moves like a 2X4 in the water.
January 28, 2018 02:31PM
VLF unit is nothing worth in salt water. Multi-frequency yes is a better way. Dry sand will be ok, even wet you can do it. But you get nice noise and ghost signals and minimum depth.
January 28, 2018 06:12PM
Equinox at the beach (Hawaii ) video.

[www.facebook.com]
January 28, 2018 07:33PM
Sod-buster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Equinox at the beach (Hawaii ) video.
>
> [www.facebook.com]
> rmalink/190282764899320/

A very sad video at that....more like an extended slide show....sigh smoking smiley
January 28, 2018 08:18PM
Equinox loves that dry sand filming haha
January 28, 2018 10:15PM
Updated thread -Equinox ID on coins and yes some junk targets.
[www.detectorprospector.com]
January 28, 2018 11:13PM
Do non-disclosure agreements for the factory testers have wording to make direct comparisons with other detectors taboo?
January 28, 2018 11:29PM
Skeptical I can see. Ya that was a waste of time....but I think they would like to say more. Ill be glad when they can.... I believe as a beach machine it will be validated.
January 29, 2018 12:24AM
It will be fine. Maybe great. We will know by late summer. Until then - it’s all groping in the dark.

I have an 800 on order - I’m “Equinox Curious”. I also an getting a Deep Tech Vista Gold Gain - thank You Richard at Backwoods Detectors and Keith for costing me $$$ with your enthusiasm.

When First Texas’ PI comes out late this year or early next - I’ll get one of them.

Life is short and every detector sings a different song.

There will be even newer machines. The technological possibilities have outstripped the ability of manufacturers to engineer their realization in a timely manner. Lack of development capital and even more critically - the sad fact that there are not more than a dozen or so folks alive who are able to bring new detector technology to market - engineers who know the physics, the earth and our needs - make progress painfully slow.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2018 12:32AM by lytle78.
January 29, 2018 12:59AM
Here are a couple or real salt water videos of the Equinox (if you have Facebook) Salt water
January 29, 2018 04:32AM
shoveler Wrote:
> Do non-disclosure agreements for the factory teste
> rs have wording to make direct comparisons with ot
> her detectors taboo?

The one I signed from First Texas for prototypes and test units kills ANY talk until green lighted. It does not need to say "comparisons against other brands" as it says "don't talk about it at all".

Perhaps I have said too much already.... smoking smiley

My YouTube - [www.youtube.com]
Website - [www.thehuntergt.com]
January 29, 2018 09:35AM
TheHunterGT Wrote:
> shoveler Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Do non-disclosure agreements for the factory tes
> te
> > rs have wording to make direct comparisons with
> ot
> > her detectors taboo?
>
>
> The one I signed from First Texas for prototypes a
> nd test units kills ANY talk until green lighted.
> It does not need to say "comparisons against other
> brands" as it says "don't talk about it at all".
>
> Perhaps I have said too much already.... smoking smiley

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
January 29, 2018 10:15AM
The videos....... do the same thing......... say nothing to me lol. Neil looked a little awkward with the scoop (90 degree) in his left hand digging with his right foot. Not sure he gets in the water very often. At this point...... its hurry up and wait. Id sure like to see what those accessories are going to cost us..... surely thats not a secret? Starting to feel like a bad movie........ someone said its got a great ending.... just getting to it is painful.
January 29, 2018 12:13PM
Minelab ships detectors from the factory to distributors to dealers, correct?

Anybody here have an "in" with a distributor?

Any clue when distributors begin shipping to dealers?
January 29, 2018 12:32PM
Well i taked to Keith in PA repairs........ they havent been told yet themselves. So still a secret i guess. HEY.......... did anyone see Steve Hs website? He posted a chart with limited targets right now...... but i noticed a nickel was 14...... penny 24 and coins were above that of course. Pesty bottle caps are 15 to 17.....looks like a coin design just a better spread on that end. Us water guys looking for gold knew if it would find smaller gold we were going to get more trash....... just hate it bottle caps are in there too and we dont know where the pulls tabs will end up. My hopes is the 50 tones will be the telling factor........ i think we are going to miss that smart screen guys. Maybe next years version lol. Going to take some patience for rewards i think.
cdv
January 29, 2018 02:10PM
Just use the same smart screen that you use on your Excal Dew, I think you will do just fine with this machine too!

Cliff
January 29, 2018 04:21PM
TheHunterGT Wrote:
> shoveler Wrote:
> -----
> > Do non-disclosure agreements for the factory tes
> te
> > rs have wording to make direct comparisons with
> ot
> > her detectors taboo?
>
>
> The one I signed from First Texas for prototypes a
> nd test units kills ANY talk until green lighted.
> It does not need to say "comparisons against other
> brands" as it says "don't talk about it at all".
>
> Perhaps I have said too much already.... smoking smiley

One would think that since Minelab predicated a great deal of their advertising hype on the Equinox making all VLF detectors obsolete that they would likewise make some attempt to support that claim when they permitted testers to begin leaking test results out to the general public. The closest thing to a comparison that I have seen to this date is an anecdotal account of hunting in the proverbial "hunted out trashy park that has been hunted by hundreds of other detectors" , a totally mindless credibility killing load of crap statement.

How simple is it to have a detecting partner hunt the same ground with another machine? Do all NDAs also have a clause that all testing is done in isolation?
A simple target test in Tom's garden would have infinitely more value since at least there you have a constant set of targets and a credible/competent tester to rely on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2018 04:22PM by shoveler.
January 29, 2018 04:45PM
Cliff.... u mock me.... ill get my revenge in gold lol. But u r right..... just listen and learn. Looking for a volunteer for the first month to dig targets. If we get our machines about the same time ill make a visit. So close now im surprised the testers havent been allowed to say more yet.
January 29, 2018 10:18PM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
> HEY.......... did anyone see Steve Hs
> website? He posted a chart with limited targets
> right now...... but i noticed a nickel was 14.....
> . penny 24 and coins were above that of course.
> Pesty bottle caps are 15 to 17...

The information about crown caps coming in just above nickels has been deleted from that thread. I am extremely disappointed by the censorship, even if it was done with the best of intentions.

I almost never dig crown caps with FBS machines. I often hunt for old deep nickels, and digging pulltabs or other aluminum trash is to be expected. If Equinox also requires me to dig crown caps to get old deep nickels, that is a serious negative for the machine in my opinion. I would like to see that concern fully addressed, not censored and suppressed.
January 29, 2018 10:29PM
Has anyone seen this Russian video on the Equinox 800. I like the speed and Depth test. [www.youtube.com]
January 29, 2018 11:48PM
Again the depth test is questionable Because part of the coin was sticking OUT of the edge of the hole----hence a modified Air test??
January 30, 2018 05:18AM
deleted...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2018 05:19AM by steveg.
January 30, 2018 05:23AM
shoveler Wrote:
> TheHunterGT Wrote:
> -----
> > shoveler Wrote:
> > ------------------------------------------------
> --
> > -----
> > > Do non-disclosure agreements for the factory t
> es
> > te
> > > rs have wording to make direct comparisons wit
> h
> > ot
> > > her detectors taboo?
> >
> >
> > The one I signed from First Texas for prototypes
> a
> > nd test units kills ANY talk until green lighted
> .
> > It does not need to say "comparisons against oth
> er
> > brands" as it says "don't talk about it at all".
> >
> > Perhaps I have said too much already.... smoking smiley
>
> One would think that since Minelab predicated a gr
> eat deal of their advertising hype on the Equinox
> making all VLF detectors obsolete that they would
> likewise make some attempt to support that claim w
> hen they permitted testers to begin leaking test r
> esults out to the general public. The closest thin
> g to a comparison that I have seen to this date is
> an anecdotal account of hunting in the proverbial
> "hunted out trashy park that has been hunted by hu
> ndreds of other detectors" , a totally mindless cr
> edibility killing load of crap statement.
>
> How simple is it to have a detecting partner hunt
> the same ground with another machine? Do all NDAs
> also have a clause that all testing is done in iso
> lation?
> A simple target test in Tom's garden would have in
> finitely more value since at least there you have
> a constant set of targets and a credible/competent
> tester to rely on.

I don't disagree with that at all...which is why I don't speak of testing until the machine is near release. I simply don't want to deal with the negativity and "prove it" posts. Obviously a tester can't prove it while testing under a NDA.

I personally don't show off my test units unless it is to a trusted friend or family member who detects...and who would never go on a forum and spill the beans so to speak.

I use my units at public parks and beaches etc....so not in isolation.

I can also say I've used a Nox and Impact while they were under wraps....but would never betray the trust of the person who let me see them.

My YouTube - [www.youtube.com]
Website - [www.thehuntergt.com]
January 30, 2018 10:30AM
Steves threat in respect to him was about COINS and we got off the subject. I was wondering where they might fall on a single digit machine..... now i know. I was just surprised how spread they were. The smart screen is going to be missed for targets like those. Not certain if they could, but might have been nice to have them ring in as a neg. target. Like he said he was just air testing some he had..... not that he dug many with the machine.

Id sure like to see some after market coil makers like NEL doing some coils for this machine. It has a lot of capability in several areas where we know better sizes or shapes of coils could really give it a boost. Not tired the headphones yet..... so i cant knock the wireless, but if the yellows are the same just jacked up price...... then there is another improvement that can be made. Its these nudges that help us get the most out of a very fine machine.

Dew

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2018 10:47AM by dewcon4414.
January 31, 2018 12:43PM
Ive been watching the poll over on Steve Hs site. 21 percent are going to use this machine as a PRIMARY beach machine with another 8 percent as a raw gold machine. Im certain there are going to be a LOT of overlapping into other areas. I see a push on the Makro as a salt water machine...... is it being done hoping to sell some before the EQ gets out? I think so. Its a gamble on which machine to choose until the EQ gets out here...... but BOTH will be compared to the Xcal and CTX. Right now ...... my bet is on the EQ as a better beach machine. Not certain, but i believe its turned out better than ML initially thought...... they may have to change what they said about it NOT being as good as BBS/FBS at least for salt water hunting.

Dew

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2018 12:46PM by dewcon4414.
January 31, 2018 03:49PM
There's very valid rationale/justification for the extended delay (which is now complete).

----------------------

Dew........ you may be correct.
January 31, 2018 04:06PM
Looks like another of the all-too-common cases of Marketing getting way out ahead of engineering. Clearly “something” unforeseen happened between the “turkey drop” in the UK and the end of 2017 which impacted the release date. Stuff happens. Must have been a big deal however - for them to need to cause so much commotion.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold