Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Deus update

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Deus update
July 15, 2018 03:54PM
The new update on the deus has updated the XY screen...Has anyone tried a test using say a pull tab, tin, aluminum, foil, and then a gold ring. Does it see the ring differently?

Are any of you using the new deus higher freq coils and find them to work better for relics in or out of iron and finding coins, what do you like about the coils?

Next Deus remark There is a detector from France DEUS and with each update they do makes their machine able to do more and have more coils and Freq and a host of other changes. It seems to me they are not trying to design a new machine but attract new buyers with the updates and new coils that are not cheep but are game changers. I have been reading that some hardcore relic hunters across the pond are using higher freq with the newer coils and finding more relics and coins.

I think the machine from France has got it down and I know their sales are still growing...I love my impact but would like to see it do more and I'm sure it can if the company can focus on this detector more. Or are they going to make a new machine with all the changes added to their new flagship. Some of us don't want to keep buying new machines but would like ours to have software updates for better performance. It would be nice to see new freq coils but I'm thinking the design of the software may not allow it to do that where the company from France designed their machine to not become obsolete...

It is a Sunday morning and I'm having my cup of coffee and I don't hunt until fall so I have a lot of time to waste on my crazy ideas...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2018 04:24PM by Lawrenzo.
Re: Deus update
July 16, 2018 12:58AM
I have the round HF coil and it is a game changer in my conditions... I am searching drowned towns and the nail beds
are almost not to be believed.. sometimes that is all I can see... But the coil picks out the goodies nicely

I have heard that there is a new version 5 supposed to be coming out.. and a new selection of coils.. One is apparently a multi-frequency
unit.. That will help in the salt water conditions..

and certain people notwithstanding.. the top machines.. ML, XP, Notka.. are all pretty darn good...Each has its' pluses and its' minuses..
No one has a real leg up on the other in my mind.. Detectival may add new pizazz to the Notka line.. Time will tell

But it seems as though each manufacturer borrows from the competition.. and adapts it to their machine.. We are seeing the benefits from that
competition..

Micheal
July 16, 2018 03:19AM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The new update on the deus has updated the XY scre
> en...Has anyone tried a test using say a pull tab,
> tin, aluminum, foil, and then a gold ring. Does it
> see the ring differently?
>
> Are any of you using the new deus higher freq coil
> s and find them to work better for relics in or ou
> t of iron and finding coins, what do you like abou
> t the coils?
>
> Next Deus remark There is a detector from Franc
> e DEUS and with each update they do makes their ma
> chine able to do more and have more coils and Freq
> and a host of other changes. It seems to me they a
> re not trying to design a new machine but attract
> new buyers with the updates and new coils that are
> not cheep but are game changers. I have been readi
> ng that some hardcore relic hunters across the pon
> d are using higher freq with the newer coils and f
> inding more relics and coins.
>
> I think the machine from France has got it down an
> d I know their sales are still growing...I love my
> impact but would like to see it do more and I'm su
> re it can if the company can focus on this detecto
> r more. Or are they going to make a new machine wi
> th all the changes added to their new flagship. So
> me of us don't want to keep buying new machines bu
> t would like ours to have software updates for bet
> ter performance. It would be nice to see new freq
> coils but I'm thinking the design of the software
> may not allow it to do that where the company from
> France designed their machine to not become obsole
> te...
>
> It is a Sunday morning and I'm having my cup of co
> ffee and I don't hunt until fall so I have a lot o
> f time to waste on my crazy ideas...

Lawrenzo,
Using the XY screen can be fool’s gold at times. Use at your own discretion,

As far as the Hf coils go.

First the 9”HF coil.
My testing and head to head comparisons using the 9”HF coil and the 9”LF coil. A user of the Hf coil can detect a super high percentage of nonferrous using lowest freq band 14.4khz a LF coil runner will hear in the iron using 18 kHz band.
Now switch the Hf coil to mid band 28.8khz no contest, HF 9”coil trounces the LF coil in iron. Using the highest band on round Hf coil has advantages too over the LF coil.

So if you have sites that have produced using LF coils (any LF coil) Hf round coil will likely produce again.

Now for the elliptical Hf coil.
It will see thi;gs that none of the LF coils can’t and even the 9” round Hf coil can’t.
Sneaky coil in iron.
One thing though, for some reason nails suspended vertically will fool a person.
The round Hf coil less likely o do this as well as the LF coils.
The only other detector that has this tendency the Deus elliptical Hf coil does for me is guess? The Equinox.

Running the elliptical coil iron falses will have to be dealt with (get an ear for) and running silencer at 0 vs -1 can help.

No old site imo is deemed hunted out until the Deus and Hf elliptical goes into and is used by a skilled person.
This goes for high conductive coins, mid conducive and low conductors-coins jewelry and relics.

You will also find the balance improved using the round 9”Hf coil better vs using either the 9”LF or 11”LF coils due to battery in stem shifting weight back moreso back into line with stem (not near as nose heavy feeling).

And of course battery changes on the Hf coils are easy should the need arise. They give longer runtime too.

Hope this helps.
I spent a lot of time on many hunts comparing, testing, and doing head to head between the coils in 2 old settlement sites.
I was impressed with both Hf coils made for Deus.
And I still have both Hf coils for Deus.
They aren’t going anywhere.

Here are some threads here I posted on this forum when I was using and testing the Hf coils.
[www.dankowskidetectors.com]

Edited 12 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2018 03:49AM by tnsharpshooter.
July 16, 2018 12:28PM
i have found xy screen to be too unreliable to depend on it