Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Blisstool or GMP

Posted by dbsky 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Blisstool or GMP
July 22, 2012 07:28PM
Hi all,
I hesitate between Blisstool GMP and Xp.
My research is plowing, forests, small gold coins are Solidus style.
I know very well the GMP (tested), but, I miss at times (forests) of power.

Thank you for your help
Re: Blisstool or GMP
July 22, 2012 08:58PM
Until we can get some valid (scientific) data on this site regarding the Blissfield, go w the XP, as it has been (NASA) tested and proven by a lot of us here.
Anonymous User
July 22, 2012 10:22PM
dbsky - you need to take "advice" from people who own ALL the machines you are interested in...not just one of them.

You asked about Blisstool, GMP and Xp - by Xp I assume you mean the Deus??

I can only respond about the Blisstool and the Xp Deus. The Deus I have MORE HOURS LOGGED than probably anyone in the USA. I say that with confidence.

The Deus is my GO TO detector for first going on a field or in the woods in normal mineralized ground. A great machine for the top 8".

The Blisstool is for going DEEP in areas that have highly mineralized ground, have been hunted out by other brands or where you just scraped off the top 8" of targets in a plowed field with the Deus - yes, the Deus is good for the top 8". If you want to go from 8" to 14" you need another detector. The Blisstool can do it. There may be others that can do it too. I've seen the Blisstool pull Revolutionary War British musket balls from an area hunted hard with E-Trac, and when the signals were heard by the Blisstool - the E-Trac was silent...like 12" plus.

We are also in the VERY EARLY stages of finding out that the Blisstool ROCKS in gold country using discrimination...the iron ore soil test video that Gunnar just posted is the tip of the iceberg. The Blisstool will be put to task on sub gram gold nuggets and in the gold fields of AZ early this fall...by some very respected and knowledgable people. So small gold coins may be perfect for the Blisstool..

So dbsky, different machines for different purposes - and it looks like you are not in the USA - so good luck deciding. If in the UK - Daryn will take good care of you.

Barry
July 23, 2012 12:35AM
I have the Blisstool and Deus. The Deus is the newest to me. It is perhaps the funnest machine I've used. I can't get over how tiny it is. Great machine for exploring new ground or hunting really thick iron trash. It's no slouch for bad ground...not as deep as the Blisstool in bad ground though.

There are things I like about each...and things I don't like too.

1. I don't like not being able to go to the truck for a replacement battery...or to the store. Both machines are 100% rechargeable battery systems. I know they get a bit more power out of the lipo and lithium batteries and such but I would feel more comfortable with a replacement alkaline battery source.

2. The prices. Both are good machines but I don't see $1,000 worth in either one. The Deus has a lot going for it as far as settings and adjustment with tone ID and a number ID as well. The headphones are horrible on it though...don't like them at all. I want to use my Killer Bs. The Bliss is a single tone machine with no visual aide either....simple beep and dig.

Together they are a 1-2 punch. If I had to pick just one between the two...it would be the Deus. Why? To me, the Blisstool is a specific use machine. It goes deep in both non mineralized and mineralized ground. I'm sorry but I don't need any body's scientific data to prove that I'm detecting and digging things deep in the ground. My shovel tells me that. Anyway...I hunt MORE sites that are iron filled trash (civil war camps, homesteads, etc) where target separation is more important than raw depth...so the Deus is better for that for me. I can be more efficient with it for the sites I mostly hunt. When I encounter a bad dirt site...open field or such, the Bliss comes out. It's too powerful for me to handle at an old homesite or in a winter camp with ration can pieces and such all over the place.
July 23, 2012 02:18AM
Yes agreed on the DEUS headphones, I wear them after a couple of hours and they start hurting my ears.
I would like to use my SunRays however I can't imagine a big old headphone jack sticking out the bottom. I'm hoping XP has a better plan different phones.
July 23, 2012 02:23AM
Daniel, thanks for the honest thoughts. If you get a chance, put your hands on a XP Goldmaxx Power. It seems to have a little more punch that the Deus and is a lot easier to use. The cost of these units are a lot less than the Deus. Also if you can get your hands on a set of WS3 headphones, these are the full size over the ear headphones and are wireless also. I love mine.

Here is a link of the headphones.

[www.metaldetectingbooks.co.uk]

I was able to get a used pair and a 5X10 coil for my GMP.

Thanks
Tom in SC
July 23, 2012 02:24AM
Hello everyone and thank you for your answers,
I live in France and I prospects on the Tunisian coast (about Carthage).
I have a GT SOV, the GMP is the GOLDMAXX power. The DEUS is too expensive for me.
I find admirable GT under certain conditions. But I know I missed the small gold solidus. 6 is, but to the eye. So I say, the GMP is sensitive he will find, but the Blisstool goes deep. His reputation is rising among us. 8khz against 18 khz, if the answer is yes "the Blisstool take there gold in small modules, it is good to you in polluted soils, mineralized / GMP? I order Blisstool.
I look forward to the test and answer Tom.
Anyway thank you for your help.
see you soon
July 23, 2012 02:46AM
Sorry but that's a lot of CRAP man, those new $350.+ XP phones should have have come w the $2K DEUS instead of the flimsy cheap ones.
No way I'm paying that.
Seems like you could some how install them into a already existing headphone cups.....(?)
July 23, 2012 03:17AM
I didn't think the GMP could be purchased in the US? How are you guys getting them?

Fortunately it is summer and I've been using the speaker on the Deus remote instead of the phones. I have tried the headphones but can't get them to stay on my ears or head. I knew people had been iffy on them but had adjusted to them...I can't even get them to stay on my ears long enough to get use to them lol. When it gets cooler and I start detecting more...the lack of headphones are gonna become more of an issue. Maybe there is a cheap pair of volume adjustable 1/8 headphones I can find as a substitute.

Or as a substitute....at least I could use my Killer Bs.

www.ebay.com/itm/One-Pair-ProCraft-Model-AD103X2-1-4-Female-Stereo-to-1-8-Male-Stereo-Adapters-/330708825310?pt=US_Audio_Cables_Adapters&hash=item4cffc834de

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2012 03:25AM by Daniel Tn.
July 23, 2012 03:50AM
Hello Daniel Tn,
I live in France, I rise on the forum of Tom (because I used the Fisher), I know it relevant, not excessive. Always educational information of participants.
I read Tom's post about the GMP and the Blisstool your very informative.
see you soon
July 23, 2012 03:10PM
new sturdier deus phones are coming soon .top brand in the UK now
July 23, 2012 08:03PM
A lot of guys in the UK are upgrading to the Deus and selling their Goldmaxx Power units. It is just a matter of finding one who is willing to ship over here. I purchased a like new set of WS3 headphones for $120 and a 5X10 coil for $100. There are some good deals around, just have to shop around and visit the UK forums often. this is my third GMP, so it is not too hard to find them.

Tom in SC
July 23, 2012 08:44PM
Daniel you need to put the headphones over the tips of your ears. The tips of your ears will keep them from sliding off.
July 27, 2012 01:26PM
goodmore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Daniel you need to put the headphones over the
> tips of your ears. The tips of your ears will keep
> them from sliding off.

True dat. Yes, I had rather have a sturdier built set. I use the case they come in for transporting to and from my site because, frankly, I think that an unprotected ride in the trunk of my car will do them in. Everytime I fold them up after use, I wonder if THIS will be the time that they come apart in my hand. Hey...I'm a proud Deus user and have a logged a few hours on one, but I fully agree with their flimsiness being an issue. But then, I also agree with Goodmore....hooking them over the ear, though uncomfortable at first, is the way to keep them on that big noggin. LOL Kidding. They tended to rub a little spot on my ear, but I think I had a little bump back there that they were aggravating. Now, as soon as I hook them over my ears....they stay and are never an issue.
One more issue while i'm on the subject of Deus headphones. There was a couple of times when I would get NO audio when the phones were on. But after wiggling, or tightening (whatever it was that I did) they came on again and have kept audio coming through loud and clear. Incidentally, I use them on level 7. But I used them on 9 the other day and could hear earthworms coursing their way through the soil. Well.....maybe I stretched it a tad.