Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

O.K. new detector testing has started...DeepTech Vista RG-1000.......12/13/12 Update to include the Deep Tech Vista Gold....1/31/13 Update now to include the Vista RELIC and the Vista SMART....2/3/13 Added Nail board 2/11/13 2-ft cache test

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Hey Aguacafe

the Gold is more analog than the GMP and a bit more powerful when boost in turned on...

Unmasking wise....more user skill than machine....I feel if you have put in learned time with either then you will find what other miss in iron trash...yet The gold can push deeper into the dirt matrix...I feel they are the apex unamsker's at the moment in iron...

Just my take

Keith
Hello, I am going to buy a metal detector model Vista Smart and I was undecided whether to mount the coil standard 11 "elliptical or 8 x 11.5".
My soil is strongly mineralizzai with the presence of old Roman shards, given your experience what do you advise me to do? What's the difference 'between the two coils?
mounting the elliptica 8x 11, 5 "deep I lose?
hey Kessen....

The round is a tad bit deeper but not by much....less than 1 inch it so far seems...

but the more mineral you have the elliptical will work a bit better......I have very bad mineral...and the first thing I notice is the Ellitpical holds the deeeper target's signal together more...It tightens up the signal ...The round will sort of let the signal splaater out some on the deepies....

Also and I have tested it .. the Elliptical can see through the fired clay better than the round....fied caly is completely different from raw clay...so if you are on a roman site with large shards the ellitpical will see though better...

I also enjoy the elliptical becasue its lighter...quicker...ridgid. fits in tighter aras better..truly a world class coil design....

Keith
Thanks Keith and the rapid response esaudiente