Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

O.K. new detector testing has started...DeepTech Vista RG-1000.......12/13/12 Update to include the Deep Tech Vista Gold....1/31/13 Update now to include the Vista RELIC and the Vista SMART....2/3/13 Added Nail board 2/11/13 2-ft cache test

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: O.K. new detector testing has started...DEEP TECH Vista RG-1000
December 02, 2012 09:13PM
Hey Javelin...

So you have the Vista Gold...Sound's like a good Un!

I think it could very well be a GREAT unmasker...

I also saw a Vista smart that looks like a nice 15kHz unit...and it seems as deep as the RG 1000...

I am sure that high freq on the gold hits on the smallest of target's...

A question...

I notice the coil cables are very subjective to noise with just the slightest touch.....I was in a spot that had some young sappling's starting to grow and the coil wire brushing them was driving the machine nut's...

Has the newer Elliptical coils you speak of taken care of the issue?

Have the newer machine's went to metal post for the control knob's or are they still the plastic shaft's The flex feel type I do not like that..

These are the 2 areas that concerns me the most...I like the battery box simple and it works.. I like the EXTRA lazy S-Pole...it is comfortable..I love the Audio,,

Intersting machine to say the least...

These Europeans are really getting it together on the unmasking abilities...But they have to...

Thanks ...

I heard this was your old unit from the guy I got it from...I will take care of it...Maybe get it down to Tomkowski in the future,After I am through exploring it...

Thanks for the reply
Keith
December 02, 2012 09:27PM
I hear you on the crazy one's chasing iron Tom!LOL..

Thougth it was neat that there touted multi purpose machine was dead on 12.5kHz...Looks like they are paying attention to the detail's..

Hey Kevin...

I think the best freq for Silver, like dime size is 3kHz...but then it would not be worth much on burried gold item's...But if you are after silver ...you are after silver..

The best freq for nickle's I was told By Mr.Troy Galloway in a phone conversation was 19kHz after much study....

At it seems to 12.5Khz is the best to cover the conductor range in one freq..Per George Payne..
Maybe not the best for specialized hunting but the best for middle of the road...

Keith
Air-gap video I did on the Vista RG 1000..Thought I would keep it in this thread
December 02, 2012 09:30PM
I was asked a question on demensional testing...I had the RG 1000 with me so I made a quick vid here where I am at...

[www.youtube.com]

Just to keep things in the same thread.it's in another thread also..

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2012 11:26PM by Keith Southern.
December 02, 2012 09:39PM
Hello there Keith yes and no but the new coils right now there putting on a heavier dutier coil cables which i recieved one for my RELIC for the 5" coil machine and quieted down alot, but the eliptical coil is a sweet heart coil you can pick out the iron a little better, you do a great demo job by the way and another thing about these machines is that they like round objects reguardless if its iron or not, i've pieces of iron i've picked out that have like the round rivet heads on the back and which was sounding off the high tones, coil bumping is subject to sounding off so know your ground leveling on your swing or it false but i got so use to it i knew the difference's but you get into some ground thats a little or wet you will see some depth, hey if there are any dealers in here that would like to deep tech line they are looking for more u.s. dealers I have direct contact with them in Bulgaria
December 02, 2012 10:57PM
A (very) approximate best combination ...

..........Freq ............... Target Conductivity ................Coil Size ............ Target size/mass
... < 1 .... kHz ........... High to Very High ................... > 11" ...............Largest .... (pure silver)
...1 - 5 ... kHz ........... Med-High to High ...................10 - 11" ............Larger ..... (silver dollars/rings, dimes)
...5 - 9 ... kHz ........... Med to Med-High .....................8 - 10" ............Medium ... (gold coins)
...9 - 15 .. kHz ........... Med-Low to Med ......................7 - 8" ............ Small ...... (silver ladies ring)
..15 - 25 ..kHz ........... Low to Med-Low ......................5 - 7" ............ Smaller .... (gold rings)
. > 25.0+ .kHz ........... Very Low to Low ..................... < 5" .............. Smallest .. (tiny nugget, micro-gold)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2012 10:58PM by Johnnyanglo.
December 02, 2012 11:22PM
I Hear there is a large elliptical now and a Small elliptical coming...

I hope the wire issue is adressed...

I think a company like Vista could do well here in the states for catering to the dig it all crowd...

They are Niche machines and wont appeal to the masses for sure...but there alot of people here in the States who also now how to put it to use...

Its disc is excellent and precise ..alot like a tesoro in that regard...

I remembered today about an 12" Wheat back I had burried in another spot....I went to see if I could locate it...I have been trying to get a hit on it for awhile in disc mode..Its been here about 10 year's..

Well low an behold I got the prettiest faint high tone sound on it,It such a swett signal you cant pass it up this nis with dead on Ground Bal...Still hard to believe,,,yet it runs so smooth without e.m.i and ground feedback...

I am not sure if I am more impressed with the separation or the depth Now....LOL!!

It seems to be true archaeological type tool..it hears and I.D's iron very deep and very well...thats a plus also..

I got some spots after Christmas lined up when the deer hunters get out of the wood's...They hold some deep relics and some iron masked relics and a combo of both...I think this Unit is going to get a work out come January...
Keith
December 02, 2012 11:24PM
Nice Chart Johnny!!

Did you make it?
How did you study the precise freq's?

Thanks

Keith
December 02, 2012 11:36PM
AMCJAVELIN Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello there Keith that machine you have right
> there was mine originally and its been one of the
> best machines i ever owned, i also have the Vista
> Gold and RELIC the relic is very deep running on
> 8.2khz also has a boost andsomething n the vista
> gold you don't dee on any other machine is
> fast/slow recovery flip switch fast is intended
> for plucking out iron in fested area's where the
> slow is more for light black sand conditions and
> working slow these to machines compliment each
> other I first go in with the gold trying to get
> the small stuff and after most of the stuff is
> cleaned up i bring in the Relic to clean house
> these too i'd ever part with i can tell you from
> experience the RG 1000 is no slouch this spring my
> buddys etrac he would get a deep dime signal and i
> could match him 2 barber dimes he doug at a
> measured 11" and far as waterproof coils i never
> had a problem but i always put a silcone spray on
> anyways just a cheap insurance and i've tried the
> ocean beach up here in Maine great in dry sand but
> salt doesn't like it so i put on a big sandwich
> bag over the coil and then problems seemed to go
> away thoughs of you that relic and coin hunt old
> places this is a kick ass machine

Hi AMCJavelin, do you know who sells these units around the USA???? I went to Deeptech's website and they gave the email address of a place in....Oregon I believe. But I sent an email yesterday, and so far no reply. But maybe its because of the weekend. Thanks...Kevin
December 03, 2012 12:09AM
accuratelocators of sweet home oregon believe it or not LOL you got to call them there service stinks i can tell you that and there way overpriced when i bought my RELIC the price new was $535.00 then they charged me for $50.00 shipping and handling fee also i ordered the 5" coil for it and they sent me the wrong one, then i sent it back, I got a hold of Rosi, in Bulgaria told her what was going on and she told me that on her record that they did not have one, and this at the same time they were changing coil cable and what a improvement, then after all this i had to pay the paypal fee's and after everything was said and done it cost me just under $700.00 for everything i think you would get a better deal from a UK dealer evergreen detectors offer it for 425.00 pounds new which converts to $681.00 and add 20% for vat taxes which works out on this machine $136 .20 which the cost on this here in the states new $999.00 a new RELIC over sea's is 360.00 pounds acurrate locators $535.00 a new vista gold over sea's 480.00 pounds over here in the states $1149.00 the 480.00 converts to $770.00 by the way and also they run advertisements about the rg 1000 thats nuts, i don't like bashing but this is what really what happened to me try evergreen see what happens
December 03, 2012 02:22AM
AMCJAVELIN Wrote:
> accuratelocators of sweet home oregon believe it
> or not LOL you got to call them there service
> stinks i can tell you that and there way
> overpriced when i bought my RELIC the price new
> was $535.00 then they charged me for $50.00
> shipping and handling fee also i ordered the 5"
> coil for it and they sent me the wrong one, then i
> sent it back, I got a hold of Rosi, in Bulgaria
> told her what was going on and she told me that on
> her record that they did not have one, and this at
> the same time they were changing coil cable and
> what a improvement, then after all this i had to
> pay the paypal fee's and after everything was said
> and done it cost me just under $700.00 for
> everything i think you would get a better deal
> from a UK dealer evergreen detectors offer it for
> 425.00 pounds new which converts to $681.00 and
> add 20% for vat taxes which works out on this
> machine $136 .20 which the cost on this here in
> the states new $999.00 a new RELIC over sea's is
> 360.00 pounds acurrate locators $535.00 a new
> vista gold over sea's 480.00 pounds over here in
> the states $1149.00 the 480.00 converts to $770.00
> by the way and also they run advertisements about
> the rg 1000 thats nuts, i don't like bashing but
> this is what really what happened to me try
> evergreen see what happens

Howdy,
When I first talked to you thru emails about your liking the RG1000, I almost went after the Gold Vista, liked the videos and specs.
I contacted the factory and they would ship me one directly as there were no dealers to purchase from. What stopped me was the Canadian dollar exchange rate
was pretty bad at the time. Looks like we have a bunch of pioneer treasure hunters out there willing to look overseas for something different, which is a good thing.

As for coil falsing when bumping the coil and wires issues, just wondering if the coil is shielded and the shielding of the coil cable. Thicker cable, better shielding my be the ticket for the cable but, what about the searchcoil itself?

Bet you these machines would be hot for modern Canadian clad that are steel based, might just be tempted to save up my digging money for one next year.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
December 03, 2012 11:31AM
evergreen right now has a used vista gold for 399 pounds i beleive is a demo and a rg 750 not sure of price
December 03, 2012 03:06PM
You guys need to "get out more", this detector has been out for a while, very popular in Europe. Here's a review from "Garys detecting"
[www.garysdetecting.co.uk]
If you troll around his site a bit there is a comprehensive listing of many detectors he's reviewed.
Keith, Kevin et al if you find the DTV RG1000 an interesting machine then you'll probably like the "Rutus Jupiter", its review is on his site as well.
I often wonder why the Euro machines don't get better exposure over here, the've been making them for as long as the NA mfgs, and have to deal with more extreme search environments, iron masking etc. If an enterprising bussiness person could import several euro brands to distribute here First Texas, Whites etc might get a rude awakening regarding price vs performance. If nothing else they would certainly be fun to try out.
We just had a big melt-off so I'm going out to get some end of season detecting in. Maybe if the weather holds I'll get to search on X-mass day!! Beats shoveling that white stuff.
Cheers

Bob
Nova Scotia
Omega w 11" & 5" DD, 10" Con.
Cibola, Compadre
6000/D GEB Coinmaster
December 03, 2012 06:51PM
Thanks clam.

Yes I read Gary's site quite often...

I try to keep a close eye on the euro machines..

There just tough to obtain sometimes..

I have wanted to run the vista for a couple of years now,but just now able to get ahold of one.

The golden mask 4 is another one I have been following..

It ,might be the best out of the whole bunch..

Keith
December 03, 2012 10:47PM
actually on uk garys site he claims there about neck and neck on alot things only diferrence is the gmp 4 has a slighter faster recovery than the vista
December 04, 2012 02:43AM
Google my experiences with Deeptech - not positive!
December 04, 2012 03:14AM
john37115 Wrote:
> Google my experiences with Deeptech - not
> positive!

Hi John. Fellow Tennessean here. Did the owner of Deeptech ever send you a replacement machine after you sent him your broken 750?? This puts a bad taste in my mouth already. I found the post you made about the trip to canada and the upper rod breaking and then the unit going crazy (performance-wise). And then the plight with sending back to the owner for a replacement.....and now,, what's the latest??? Did the owner ever contact you?
December 04, 2012 03:19AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> The golden mask 4 is another one I have been
> following..
>
> It ,might be the best out of the whole bunch..
>
> Keith

Golden Mask looks more promising to me, wonder if any dealer here in States?
December 04, 2012 03:22AM
What went wrong John?

I heard the first ones I am thinking the 750's were prone to problem's...

I heard it was their first attempt..

I can see a couple of problems with the RG 1000...Nosiy coil cable and sub par Potentiometer's...

yet the rest is pretty rugged,,

its the perfomance. Depth for one thing, that is very above normal...and then the unmasking abilities seem to be world class so far...

I would really like to hear about what happened ...

Thank you

Hey John I googled it up...Was it the 750 you had problems with...

I saw you had a pole break and maybe a circuit probelm..

I grabbed this off the google search John...

I got the Vista 750 back from Deep-Tech in Bulgaria. They replaced all the electronics and coil but not the broken shaft. I guess I'll live with it I have it rigged where it works fine. On a good note this detector blows everything I own including the Etrac and F-75 out of the water when it comes to depth.
I have tested the Etrac and F-75 everyway I can think of in A.M. and full sensitivity and the Vista 750 in discriminate will still pickup strong signals on coins in my 2 year old garden that the E & F won't make a peep on. In my coin garden I have wheats, silver dimes, and silver quarters all buried in rows from 3" deep to 12" deep in 1 inch intervals. The dirt in this garden is a depth killer because I have dug 10" and 11" silver dimes and quarters in other areas with the Etrac and 7" - 8" silver dimes with the F-75 but I have never owned a machine other than the Vista 750 that would make a sound over a 8" silver dime in this coin garden. The Vista will give a loud 2-way repeatable signal on every coin up to 12" in this garden.

Now for the wierd thing is the discrimination seems to quit working after 8" and it will pickup 12" deep nails that sound just like a 12" silver dime. Man I get tired of digging these elbow deep nails. I am learning though that the more positive I set the ground balance the deeper the discrimination works. I think if I spent some real time with this machine that it would beat any other detector I have ever put my hands on for depth.

End Quote..

Sorry to hear about that for sure...

You know whats funny your depth claims are alot like what I am seeing...Except I think maybe they have improved the disc depth range I dont find deep nails to high tone ..yet the depth is very very deep approaching the scratch your head and sit back and think type scenario...

I dont really hype nothing up but the depth I am getting so far is making me think somewhere something else is going to pay for it..disc wise or something...very weird...I have located all my old coins I thought I had lost in my bed.. and in other places I have planted out in the woods only I know about..
I keep waiting for the unexpected to happen LOL!!.Gotta be a catch somewhere...

Sorry for your problem's

Keith

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2012 07:04AM by Keith Southern.
December 04, 2012 03:44AM
No U.S. dealers as of yet for the GM4 .. Steve.,,

Does seem rugged built ..I here they are very close in performance to the Vista..

Some say the audio is alittle archaic for lack of better words when comparing to other's...

What's weird is the amount of detectors coming out of Bulgaria...small country with 4 manufacturer's...that's all the whole U.S hold's...

They seemed to be obsessed with depth ...and rightly so...

The Blisstool seems to be the one pushing the depth the hardest...

I dont think any of them are going to be Built like a Whites though..But what is...

I would rate the Vista slighlty less than Tesoro build wise..And theres nothing wrong with Tesoro..but they seem to be on the lower end of fit and finish But looks dont make em run any better than a 2000.00 machine.. ..if the couple of items I mentioned were taken care of I would think they would be operating on the same finished product aim that tesoro has.....Yet tesoro does offer the ultimate warranty...

These start up company's like this take time to evolve...I remember the first Minelab's had a few cheaply made pole systems and battery compartment's but they had it going on under the Hood...

I can look past stuff if the perfomance is there..as long as it's not just a flash in the pan grab some money and run outfit.....

I get a feeling these designers in Europe are really excited to build but are in a bad market and on a low budget...You think our ecomony is bad get over in that area of the world...Greece is in the neighborhood I beleive without looking at a map..

Maybe with some input we can see some issues resolved...I think Gary in th U.K. has been working with the Vista designer input wise...

The 15Khz Vista Smart machine has a lot cleaner lines look to it...

We will see..

P.S. I would think if they contacted Kellyco they could get J.W. to buy some..That would generate some revenue and also get their name moving...With the buying power Kellyco has a mid priced contender could be within easy reach...Thats what I would like to see a 600-700.00 dollar top end killer.

I remain optimistic ..I like the bench testing so far..the garden test so far..I will get in some real world hunts myself towards the end of the week..

O' just learned I will have a Vista Gold with new Elliptical to try out also very,very soon...I am anxious to see how they have progressed in the last 2 year's..

Exciting times to be metal detecting ..with so many more purchase options coming out..Competition can do great thing's..

Keith

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2012 07:09AM by Keith Southern.
December 04, 2012 05:31AM
How in the world are you finding these Deeptech units. I finally gave up. That place in Oregon was supposed to call today. never heard from them. Heck, I give up. They may not be set up to produce the number of units that would be needed once they caught hold over here. I'll just wait out Fisher and reading posts that gives a little hope about there possible up and coming.
December 04, 2012 05:50AM
Keith

I was reading Gary,s forum, and he mentioned they were going to ask Deetech to build the Vista at 14khz. seems they think that frequency is best for their soil conditions.
If Deeptech is that flexible, possibly you could email them with your concerns and the changes you would like to see and see how they respond. would be interesting.

Have you ever thought of becoming a dealer? You have a lot of followers.

Thanks for your report on the Vista.

Tom
December 04, 2012 07:35AM
Good deal Keith, I'd like to see how the small coil works in the trash.
Makes me want one too...
December 04, 2012 10:07AM
I too would like to know if Johnny's frequency table was self-measured. It's still on my to-do list, as my first 2 attempts were of marginal success( it's not as easy as you would think). I've also tried two other different experimental methods, but need to refine them, too. If I could get the same results with two or three different methods, that would be something. I'll have a think about it again over the next few days.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2012 06:38PM by Pimento.
December 04, 2012 12:29PM
The Rg 750 is the deepest i beleive of the Deep Tech Machines and there is a v-2 version of this now also I know John you haven't had positives but things have majorly changed since then and I can attest to this, beleieve me if i could swing it I would be a dealer in heart beat for this company, whats sold me is depth , disc, and the ground bal, and nononsense aproach in machines that do there job with out gimmicks!
December 04, 2012 02:44PM
The Vista 750 is the deepest machine I have ever tested to date. After I got the detector back from Bulgaria it was a completely different machine than the one I sent off. The original detector was deep and had very good disc to max depth, a very enjoyable detector to operate. The machine I got back was like a different machine. While still very deep the disc would work out to about 8" in air and 3" in ground. Yes it would hit a 12" silver dime in my test garden but it would hit a 3"-12" nail with the same sounding signal. I didn't like the fact that when I sent the detector off to have it repaired I was lied to repeatedly and had to wait a year and a half to get it back an still had a broken shaft when it was returned to me. Plamen which was the owner at the time and may still be, ignored pleas from Norman (his dealer) and myself to get my detector back to me. He only responded once I posted negative feedback in several detecting forums. He made me promise before he sent my detector back that I would remove all negative feedback. Well I didn't remove the negative feedback but I did give the update that I finally got my detector back, which is my response that Keith posted above. Plamen ditched Norman as a dealer and went with another distributor. This guy is amazing. Google his name there is others who are not fond of him either. I prefer to deal with honest people and companies.
December 04, 2012 07:45PM
AMCJAVELIN Wrote:
> The Rg 750 is the deepest i beleive of the Deep
> Tech Machines and there is a v-2 version of this
> now also I know John you haven't had positives but
> things have majorly changed since then and I can
> attest to this, beleieve me if i could swing it I
> would be a dealer in heart beat for this company,
> whats sold me is depth , disc, and the ground bal,
> and nononsense aproach in machines that do there
> job with out gimmicks!

Well, maybe that company is onto something regarding depth! I have been looking at the 1000 but noticed the frequency of the 750 V2 is 8.6kHz. V2 came out in May of this year I believe. I really prefer machines with lower frequencies as I am a coin hunter and not into the small stuff. I also notice that the 750 V2 is single tone with no volume control, while the 1000 is 2 tone with volume control. Not a real deal breaker but I wonder, does the 750 get great depth with some disc - I imagine it would have to? I hate to hear iron anyway winking smiley I wonder how the 750 compares to the 1000 on coins. Any ideas? The 750 is around €350 here in Germany, that is 100 less than the 1000.

Thanks,
Albert
December 04, 2012 08:39PM
Hey Albert..

I think the 750 would probably be deeper on coins just by the freq...

If the 750 is deeper than the 1000, then it must be off the chart..The 1000 could possibly be the deepest in ground machine I have come across in disc mode...

One thing about low Freq is more depth to higher conductor's...yet the lower freq seems to not unmask quite as well as a higher freq..

I think the 1000 is a great middle off the road unit..Freq wise..It might get the coins out of the nails a little better..repsonsive wise...

one nice thing on the 1000 is you can turn the iron audio on and off..

Iron audio is very important for a more complete hunt...

With the depth the VRG 1000 is getting I could see where the blisstool must push the envelope further..

I think the Bulgarian's have figured out away to push the signal deeeper..

Keith
December 04, 2012 08:40PM
Attention Attention - Some shocking test results below. Keith, you may want to sit down winking smiley

I found the below (link) Ingotest/recovery speed test on a German site - They are comparing many detectors, not just the Deeptechs. The first column under each detector is in moderate (they say middle) mineralized ground and the second is high mineralization. It is in German but you can get the basics from the chart but I'll try here to get the point across. It is the Ingo test, where they use sticks to lower the coin through plastic tubes buried at angle in the ground. The Deep Tech Gold seemed to kick but over most of the other detectors in depth (Even The BLISS TOOL!) and recovery, which I don't understand as it is the highest freq (25kHz). And the 12.5kHz 1000 seems deeper than the 8.6kHz 750, but in moderate ground, other way around in high mineralization. Note - the Gold has a "boost" mode listed as being on as well as recovery speed set to "slow" - 2 adjustments the other deeptechs don't have. I also see a knob for iron volume in the upper right of the face panel of the detector. The Minelab Safari was slightly deeper than the gold (and most others) in highly mineralized soil, so consider that when weighing the results.

You will notice the RG-1000 is on the first page and 4th page, the difference is the first page is in disc mode and the 4th page is in 2 tone all metal. They did the same with the Gold detector. Towards the bottom of the list on the left, it says "bemerkungen" - that is comments. (Above that are the coins/objects used. There are the recovery speed numbers in cm below that. I don't know how they calculated the total points at the bottom, but my guess is some combination of recovery speed and depth - which these DeepTechs just rule at, very impressive.

What is further insane is look at the comparison of the numbers of these Deeptech units comparing disc mode to all metal mode - almost the same and sometimes exactly the same?!?! What are they doing?

Anyway, I am looking forward to what you guys might decipher from some of this data. 20 cm is around 8" - that was the deepest any machine went (Gold) so I think the air gap in the tube and no halo clearly hurt things - but at least it is a decent test anyway.

[www.detektor-import-shop.de]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2012 08:46PM by earthmansurfer.
December 04, 2012 08:54PM
Thank's for that link Albert..

Thats what I am saying..

I dont want to hype a machine...but Then again you gotta give credit where credit is due...

I can't understand the depth this VRG 1000 is getting...

I dont tell as much as I have seen..dont want to jump the gun but very very weird..and very very deep with excellent disc circuit..

Thanks

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2012 11:15PM by Keith Southern.
December 04, 2012 11:00PM
If you guys are talking about the rg750 the Relic is almost simalar but with a pinpoint and boost its the deepest machine i've ever owned, I found last month a 1857 flying eagle cent at 8" deep and sounded like it was on top, another thing i wanted to touch base on is you don't need expensive head phones for these units i use a cheap set of calrads and i can hear all the subtle differences now aluminum is the hardest thing to overcome now for say like pulltabs they have most a signature sound, you will get a slight tiny "POP" noise in the audio before and after the sweep but during the sweep will sound real good but will be a brighter tone than most coins the ones that still fool me the most is the older gold colored pull ring beaver tabs they almost sound identical to a coin